PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sylvia Says No One In The UFC Could Be Fedor

MattHughesRocks
07-16-2009, 04:23 AM
It's about the UFC but since Tim isn't fighting for the UFC....it goes here :)

Tonight on Sports Rage Uncensored with Gabriel Morency on Hardcore Sports Rage (Sirius 98), former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia joined the show.

Sylvia talks about his belief that nobody in the UFC could beat Fedor Emelianenko. Sylvia states that interim UFC Heavyweight champion Frank Mir would not last a minute with Emelianenko and UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar would not last a round.

Sylvia also discusses his signing with the upcoming EA Sports MMA video game and that he does not regret departing the UFC.

The full interview can be found here:

http://hardcoresportsradio.com/content/media/podcasts/fbeeaac6-dd36-4c3e-81ed-07f6a51ad0f7.mp3

Miss Foxy
07-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I love to agree with that!! Very true.. And sorry guys truth hurts for all you Brock fans..:laugh:

Crisco
07-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Brock has a chance against Fedor but I think Fedor is just too skilled for him.

logrus
07-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Brock has a chance against Fedor but I think Fedor is just too skilled for him.

I think Brock has the ability to hang with Fedor. I just think there would have to be an insane game plan for such a task. The only man I see devising such a scheme would be Randy. He came up wiht one to beat Tim and he came up with 1 to beat Gabe, and Possibly had a third if he didn't get caught in the Lesner fight.

As for Tim's comments, Well hes irrelevant trying to be relevant again.

Crisco
07-16-2009, 06:06 PM
I think Brock has the ability to hang with Fedor. I just think there would have to be an insane game plan for such a task. The only man I see devising such a scheme would be Randy. He came up wiht one to beat Tim and he came up with 1 to beat Gabe, and Possibly had a third if he didn't get caught in the Lesner fight.

As for Tim's comments, Well hes irrelevant trying to be relevant again.

I to this day thought Randy was on his way to beating Brock if he didnt get clipped.

Jason 16
07-16-2009, 09:27 PM
how long do sig bets last:ashamed:

MattHughesRocks
07-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Forever if your a young kid with a unicorn and a rainbow in his :laugh:

how long do sig bets last:ashamed:

bj44
07-17-2009, 02:45 AM
I to this day thought Randy was on his way to beating Brock if he didnt get clipped.
im with you on that one actually.... After the first round i said to everyone i was watching it with Randy's gonna win this thing..

Hughes_GOAT
07-17-2009, 03:01 AM
Tim Sylvia speaks the truth!

MattHughesRocks
07-17-2009, 03:12 AM
You should fight him :rolleyes:

Max
07-17-2009, 04:07 AM
I bet a lot of people in the UFC last longer than Tim did though.

Josh
07-17-2009, 04:20 AM
The only fighters in the UFC I could see giving Fedor an interesting fight are Machida, A. Silva, and Brock maybe.

Hughes_GOAT
07-17-2009, 07:29 AM
You should fight him :rolleyes:
yes, because i'm under contract.....oh wait :rolleyes:

pistol-pete
07-17-2009, 01:17 PM
If you read the article a bit further he also says there is no heavyweight in the UFC that would last a round with Ray Mercer.

VCURamFan
07-17-2009, 04:38 PM
If you read the article a bit further he also says there is no heavyweight in the UFC that would last a round with Ray Mercer. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Liddellfan
07-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Ever since Tim left the UFC, anybody who beats him he says that there is nobody in the UFC that could win over that person. (Fedor, Mercer) and whoever he fights next.

eric84
07-17-2009, 10:34 PM
I think right now Fedor would beat Lesnar, but give lesnar another year or 2, and it would be pretty close I think. Tim Sylvia has been saying stuff like this for a long time now, I personally don't take anything he has said to heart. Grats to him for winning the championship at the time, I personally feel there wasn't much competition though. I would like to see him come back and try to hang with some of the heavyweights now. Brock Lesnar would make him cry.

Liddellfan
07-18-2009, 05:04 AM
I think right now Fedor would beat Lesnar, but give lesnar another year or 2, and it would be pretty close I think. Tim Sylvia has been saying stuff like this for a long time now, I personally don't take anything he has said to heart. Grats to him for winning the championship at the time, I personally feel there wasn't much competition though. I would like to see him come back and try to hang with some of the heavyweights now. Brock Lesnar would make him cry.

I agree, the HW division has come a long way since Tim held the title. The division was that weak that Randy came out of retirement because he knew he could beat Sylvia and once again become champion. The division is pretty strong right now and I honestly believe that Sylvia would get beat by the top 10 guys the UFC has in the HW division.

logrus
07-18-2009, 05:10 AM

I would say "yeah the man is speaking from experience" but then I realized he lasted 36 seconds,

Hughes_GOAT
07-18-2009, 07:12 AM
he said Mir wouldn't last a minute and Lesnar wouldn't last a round, no that everyone would lose in under 36 secs.

Shane Lee 2
07-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Tim should not predict how others will perform against the opponents he has faced as he is obviously using himself as the standard for comparison. And that's certainly not a fair comparison. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: