PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a nickname? Share it!

Chuck
07-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Ok... so JoJo and I were chatting and I learned that his wife's name was Marge but he calls his wife Mogah... and it got me thinking...

Do you have a nickname or have you given your loved ones nicknames? If so what?

I call my wife JJ or Honey.... sometimes Pook....

My kids are... MoJo (Moriah), JoJo or Jogee (Joelle) and Buddy or Big Daddy (Daniel)...

We don't really have a nickname for Christian...not sure why...

I get called Chuckles a lot because of my sense of humor... my wife calls me..................

Anyway... so what's YOUR nickname?

MattHughesRocks
07-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Mic ( said like Mick) If someone is calling me that it means I have known them at least 20 years or longer...

Neezar
07-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Mine is Neesy for Denise. But my quirky uncle started calling me Neezar (rhymes with cesaer) and it stuck for many years.

One of the funniest that I know of is my parents started calling my nephew Dirt Dauber (no idea why). But that got shortened to Dirt. :laugh:

TexasRN
07-15-2009, 11:16 AM
I had an uncle who always called me "Punkin' Amy" and a few close family members still call me that. I call my kids "Monkey" or "Luv" a lot.

~Amy

DonnaMaria
07-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Breve Vacca When I was a chubby little kid. It means Little Cow

Nice eh? My godmother gave me that nickname! :rolleyes: Such a sweetheart.

Anyway, then I was Madonna. long before Madonna made it big.

then in highschool...............................

Donna D

Dippy Donna

Ding Dong Donna

My Dad calles me Donnie

My girls call me The Diva

And sometimes the 13 year old refers to me as She Who Must Be Obeyed

I like that one the best. I'm sure she says it with love!:rolleyes: :laugh:

DonnaMaria
07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Woops! Remembered one more!

My Dad was a paid firefighter in the City of Elizabeth NJ for 35 years.

When he was a rookie with his company, I was 4 years old.

And to make a long story short, I played with matches and burned down the neighbors garage.

My dad's company responded................I got in BIG trouble...........( I think I passed out from the beating I got. I don't remember it at all. )

and to this day, guys from my Dad's company call me Little Fire Starter.:ashamed:

mikthehick
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
easy....

Kimmy

Llamafighter
07-15-2009, 01:18 PM
I call my wife Bridgie.
My nieces and nephews call me Uncle Markie.
One of my buddies calls me Dunnsky
that's about it.

Neezar
07-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Breve Vacca When I was a chubby little kid. It means Little Cow

Nice eh? My godmother gave me that nickname! :rolleyes: Such a sweetheart.

Anyway, then I was Madonna. long before Madonna made it big.

then in highschool...............................

Donna D

Dippy Donna

Ding Dong Donna

My Dad calles me Donnie

My girls call me The Diva

And sometimes the 13 year old refers to me as She Who Must Be Obeyed

I like that one the best. I'm sure she says it with love!:rolleyes: :laugh:

:laugh: You win.

Preach
07-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Here is a list of nicknames I have.... Reddog, Preach, Opie, Red, Big Ben, Red Lightning..

When I was a kid I though my real name was Damn It. My dad was always saying Damn it get over here. Or Damn it quit and so on

NateR
07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
In the Army, people usually just refer to each other by their last names, so I was always "Ross" or "Roz." Sometimes "Rosie" but that wasn't too common thankfully. :laugh:

Now it's just "Nate" or "Nater." Mark Hughes actually gave me the "Nater" nickname and I thought it was pretty cool, so I made it my forums name.:cool:

Miss Foxy
07-15-2009, 04:34 PM
My mommy calls me Gypsy..Friends call me Foxy...Oh and my older brother called me Weezy because the Jeffersons cause I dont look like him and my mom :laugh:

Crisco
07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Crisco.

Most just call me Chris though. Some say Crisco though. Some people I use to hang with called me Cris-Lethal for awhile cuz I was running through people for a bit lol.

Llamafighter
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Crisco.

Most just call me Chris though. Some say Crisco though. Some people I use to hang with called me Cris-Lethal for awhile cuz I was running through people for a bit lol.

oh yeah...
Some people call me "Fedor Emelianenko".

Primadawn
07-15-2009, 05:57 PM
When I was small, I had an uncle who called me "Bubbles"...

In college, my boyfriend said that I only ever acted one of two ways, like a little GIRL or a total Biotch...so he started calling me "Gitch" and it stuck...so hard that underclassmen the next year thought it was my real name! To this day, when I friend guys from his fraternity on Facebook, I have to message them and tell them "aka Gitch".

And then I have a friend that calls me Karma...because Karma is a 'b' and so am I...

And my husband calls me "Betty"

surveyorshawn
07-15-2009, 07:41 PM
When I was in high school, I was really skinny (6'2" & 135 lbs), so my friends called me Big O, I guess kinda like little John was in Robin Hood (opposites, lol). Now they just call me Sir.....

MattHughesRocks
07-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Oh shut up :laugh:

oh yeah...
Some people call me "Fedor Emelianenko".

Llamafighter
07-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh shut up :laugh:

you mean: "oh shut up Fedor Emelianenko"...

My grade school nickname was "Donald Hutchinson of Culver City". I got that one because I was really into Star Wars and stuff...

NateR
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
For some strange reason, when I was a senior in high school, the guys on the football team gave me the nickname of "Arby." I have no clue where that came from, I don't think I ever recall even eating at an Arby's as a kid. However, it stuck among the football team guys and it was my nickname for the entire year.:blink:

Primadawn
07-15-2009, 08:31 PM
For some strange reason, when I was a senior in high school, the guys on the football team gave me the nickname of "Arby." I have no clue where that came from, I don't think I ever recall even eating at an Arby's as a kid. However, it stuck among the football team guys and it was my nickname for the entire year.:blink:

Maybe it was actually R.B. and stood for something else...like Rad Breakdancer or Really Bitchin' or something like that...:laugh:

Preach
07-15-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm thinking Arby's

Rev
07-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Most people from my home town call me "Dirk" because I looked like Mark Walberg when i was younger and had hair, and muscles. lol Now everyone calls me Rev. or brudda Dave.

Llamafighter
07-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Were you Running Back? that might explain it:mellow:

DonnaMaria
07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Were you Running Back? that might explain it:mellow:

Explain how that might explain it?:huh:

Please?:)

Llamafighter
07-15-2009, 10:01 PM

R.B. pronounced "Arby"...:wink:

DonnaMaria
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I get it!

Thanks!:)

Preach
07-15-2009, 10:11 PM

That went alittle over your head huh:w00t:

Llamafighter
07-15-2009, 10:21 PM
That went alittle over your head huh:w00t:

like a satellite:laugh:

DonnaMaria
07-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Yup!:laugh:

Totally didn't get that one until you explained it. At all. Not in the least.:laugh:

Woosh! There it went!:laugh:

Chris F
07-15-2009, 10:49 PM
In School it was Flu. My last name is Fluharty so it just fit because most people could not say my last name.

Also alot of people called me Bull Dog or B Dog. I was a steer wrestler aka bull dogging and I was built like one also. I had 54 chest big arms no neck, but a Hank Hill back side. I literally had no butt and for being so big my legs were very toned because I played a lot of basketball and soccer. So here was this big guy will a small lower half like a Bull Dog. Luckily old age has better portioned me. Now I am big everywhere. :laugh:

F34R
07-15-2009, 11:43 PM
I met some friends my last year in highschool, on the varsity soccer team. I had long hair back then, shoulder length at the time. After about the first 20 mins of play, my hair was all over the place. They said I looked like beetle juice lol, so from then they always called me Beetle. Even to this day, they still call me Beetle lol.

Black Mamba
07-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Pee-Wee, Lil D, Nellie, Squirt, Kid, Bionic Woman and Danelley.

My favorite nickname out of that list has to be Bionic Woman because I earned that during my stage tech years but being the only chick that really did anything in class (lifting, nailing, screwing things down, painting, etc).

lyndsey823
07-16-2009, 04:09 AM
My boyfriend calls me Bug, he usually only calls me Lyndsey when we're arguing or something, lol. My dad calls me Bonehead, seriously, and he has always called me Scooter. Everyone else just uses Lyns.

Some people say Lyndsey Lou, which I totally don't get. And I get it a lot, and every person always says, "I want to call you Lyndsey Lou for some reason, I bet I'm the first one to call you that".

VCURamFan
07-16-2009, 05:20 AM
My friends Alex & Scottie are all about nicknames so I've had about 40 billion throughout my college life, but I'll try to only list a few:

Big Ben (just about everyone named Ben gets this one)
Benjamina (in response to me calling them Alexis & Scottisha)
Benny the Henny (it rhymes?)
Ernest Henny-way (after I helped proof-read & edit their term papers)
Benny Crocker (play on "Betty Crocker" because I do a lot of cooking with my crock pot)
This one spawned a another name that has to do with a portion of the male anatomy. They enploy that particular name often when I'm lifting weights.
Mother Henny (because I'm the responsible one & therefore a maternal figure)Also bear in mind that anyone of these usually get "Big Ol'..." tacked onto the front, shouted at the top of their lungs.

Play The Man
07-16-2009, 05:49 AM
My friends Alex & Scottie are all about nicknames so I've had about 40 billion throughout my college life, but I'll try to only list a few:

Big Ben (just about everyone named Ben gets this one)
Benjamina (in response to me calling them Alexis & Scottisha)
Benny the Henny (it rhymes?)
Ernest Henny-way (after I helped proof-read & edit their term papers)
Benny Crocker (play on "Betty Crocker" because I do a lot of cooking with my crock pot)
This one spawned a another name that has to do with a portion of the male anatomy. They enploy that particular name often when I'm lifting weights.
Mother Henny (because I'm the responsible one & therefore a maternal figure)Also bear in mind that anyone of these usually get "Big Ol'..." tacked onto the front, shouted at the top of their lungs.

How about "Like Ben"? Ben, I dedicate this beautiful song to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwAmpn8ISV0 Please view to the end to see the source of your new nickname.

[In case you are too young to know, Michael Jackson is singing this song to a rat!]:happydancing:

VCURamFan
07-16-2009, 06:06 AM
How about "Like Ben"? Ben, I dedicate this beautiful song to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwAmpn8ISV0 Please view to the end to see the source of your new nickname.

[In case you are too young to know, Michael Jackson is singing this song to a rat!]:happydancing:
Sir, are you implying that I don't give a rat's @$$ about my friends??????:laugh:

Play The Man
07-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Sir, are you implying that I don't give a rat's @$$ about my friends??????:laugh:

No, sir; however, with the recent death of Michael Jackson, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to link to an amazingly good, yet awful-at-the-same-time song.

Here is a synopsis of the movie, Ben: A lonely boy befriends the murderous, telepathic leader of the pack of rats trained by Willard. The rat "Ben" becomes the bullied boy's best friend, but when he begins to control the boy and incite the other rats to violence, it results in a battle between man and rat.http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800034287/info

Please don't waste one hour and 33 minutes of your life watching the movie.

rearnakedchoke
07-16-2009, 01:53 PM

Yes and it is his (MJ's) favourite song ever ... I'd say weird, but to MJ that would be an understatement ..

Boomer
07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Boomer :D

Also Hied .... McDee .... Burnt Bitch .... paco

mikthehick
07-16-2009, 06:18 PM

:huh:

MattHughesRocks
07-16-2009, 07:30 PM
You forgot Jerk

Tyburn
07-16-2009, 07:50 PM
at University they used to call me "Pleb" :unsure-1:

:laugh:

I dont know what I would call a lover...yes, chances are we would have pet names for each other, but they'd arise from some circumstance we had shared.

Its never happened in previous relationships...but then, thats because my previous relationships havent tended to last long enough :laugh:

Llamafighter
07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
at University they used to call me "Pleb" :unsure-1:

:laugh:

I dont know what I would call a lover...yes, chances are we would have pet names for each other, but they'd arise from some circumstance we had shared.

Its never happened in previous relationships...but then, thats because my previous relationships havent tended to last long enough :laugh:

What about "D.W." or "Hammer Time"? :laugh:

Tyburn
07-16-2009, 08:03 PM
What about "D.W." or "Hammer Time"? :laugh:
:ashamed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoSQ8HzU840 :laugh:

Boomer
07-17-2009, 09:02 AM
You forgot Jerk

:tongue0011:

Llamafighter
07-17-2009, 01:25 PM
You forgot Jerk
YOU forgot "fella" :ninja:

rockdawg21
07-17-2009, 02:03 PM
My last name is Fitzgerald; I've always been known as "Fitzee". The strange thing is I'm the only "Fitzee" in the family.

Llamafighter
07-17-2009, 02:19 PM
My last name is Fitzgerald; I've always been known as "Fitzee". The strange thing is I'm the only "Fitzee" in the family.
are you the youngest?

rockdawg21
07-17-2009, 03:05 PM
are you the youngest?
I'm the middle in my family, have an older brother, a younger sister. I also have 3 cousins (1 is the same age as me) and 3 uncles. I'm the only one who was ever called "Fitzee" by any of our friends.

EHLERZ5
07-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Got 2 that have stuck with me so far…..

BIG MO…. I usually wore #42 through my sports years. I played Fullback and pretty much led the other players through the holes… Thus… Mowing the lawn/path… In baseball my swing resembled a former MLB player Mo Vaughn. It was ugly, but very effective.... Got me drafted anyway.

ELFMAN…. Going to sound geeky, but in the early 80’s I gained some publicity for playing in some video game tournaments. I tore up the Nation at a game called “Gauntlet”… And I used a character called Questor the Elf…. Thus it stuck, with the last name that people butcher EHLERS (H is silent)…. Elf was easier….

VCURamFan
07-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Got 2 that have stuck with me so far…..

BIG MO…. I usually wore #42 through my sports years. I played Fullback and pretty much led the other players through the holes… Thus… Mowing the lawn/path… In baseball my swing resembled a former MLB player Mo Vaughn. It was ugly, but very effective.... Got me drafted anyway.

ELFMAN…. Going to sound geeky, but in the early 80’s I gained some publicity for playing in some video game tournaments. I tore up the Nation at a game called “Gauntlet”… And I used a character called Questor the Elf…. Thus it stuck, with the last name that people butcher EHLERS (H is silent)…. Elf was easier….Dude, I love Gauntlet!!! 'Course, by the time I came around, it was on the Dreamcast as "Gauntlet: Legends", but man I tore that game up!

thekevineri
07-17-2009, 05:50 PM
My wife calls me muffin and i call her cupcake... and we have smaller-then-a-dime sized tattoos on our wrist for each... On the opposite wrist i have an umbrella and she has a little cartoon rain cloud too.

But everyones started calling me wrekkin ball or uniballer