PDA

View Full Version : whatcha think

Miss Foxy
07-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Ok what do you all think of this one.... I am in no shape or form a feminist so lets lay that card on the table real quick like...
The Navy is downsizing...Which means...
Female recruits must score 50+ on ASVAB while Male recruits only need a 30+... Army/Marine Corps 30+ for either gender.....Tell me why I feel so screwed :sad: I hate tests and I am scared now...

NateR
07-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Well, women are not allowed in combat roles in the military (which is a very good thing), so they tend to fill the more technical job fields in the Armed Forces which would usually require higher test scores. So I could understand why the Navy would not want females who can't do the jobs that they need done. The combat fields tend to be less technical and thus allow for lower test scores.

But you shouldn't worry, the ASVAB is easy. I wasn't even trying and I had no problems scoring a 127 on that test.

DonnaMaria
07-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Well, women are not allowed in combat roles in the military (which is a very good thing), so they tend to fill the more technical job fields in the Armed Forces which would usually require higher test scores. So I could understand why the Navy would not want females who can't do the jobs that they need done. The combat fields tend to be less technical and thus allow for lower test scores.

But you shouldn't worry, the ASVAB is easy. I wasn't even trying and I had no problems scoring a 127 on that test.

That makes perfect sense............all of it.

Very good argument!

TexasRN
07-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Eh, the ASVAB is not hard. I think you can score a 30 on it as long as you can read.

~Amy

Miss Foxy
07-14-2009, 11:11 PM

Dang Nate your so right!! See I needed to read that cause now I feel better and can I borrow your brain for the test? hahah!!:happydancing:

mikthehick
07-15-2009, 02:20 AM
Mel, I think you'll be fine.

Nate's right, if you were halfway trying on a test like that, you'll be fine :)