PDA

View Full Version : Your Motto

Tyburn
07-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Now I know that many people have many monikers that they go by, a system of rules for example. But I'm actually saying, have you ever given any thought to a short phrase that would describe you, or that you would use if you had your own coat of arms of something?

Everyone knows mine coz I use it so often, Mine is in latin coz it sounds better :laugh: but yours could just be an English phrase or couple of words or something.

Mine is "Amor Et Fides" which means "Love and Loyalty" in Latin :)

What would yours be :huh:

Play The Man
07-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Now I know that many people have many monikers that they go by, a system of rules for example. But I'm actually saying, have you ever given any thought to a short phrase that would describe you, or that you would use if you had your own coat of arms of something?

Everyone knows mine coz I use it so often, Mine is in latin coz it sounds better :laugh: but yours could just be an English phrase or couple of words or something.

Mine is "Amor Et Fides" which means "Love and Loyalty" in Latin :)

What would yours be :huh:

I'll go with the last written words of Martin Luther: "We are beggars, all; it is true"

DonnaMaria
07-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Mine...............

It is what it is.

Simple.........yet very profound actually............

It has many meanings.:Whistle: :laugh:

literal..................figurative..........

TexasRN
07-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Everyone sing along now: Que sera, sera....whatever will be, will be....the future's not ours to see....que sera, sera.

Basically it's a nice way to say "**it happens." :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

~Amy

Spiritwalker
07-14-2009, 02:50 AM
Stolen from the movie The Last Samurai: after a little research

すべての息の生活

'Life in every breath'

Mac
07-14-2009, 03:33 AM
" one of these days , Ill be Dead"

People sometimes tell me i dont act my age. Tend to have more fun than work . Spend money on stupid stuff they say .

My reply is one i just said one day and it kinda stuck " one of these days ill be Dead"

Told Nater a week or so ago , He saw a 70 plymouth Cuda , I told him go to the bank and buy it lol, cause one of these days youll be dead. You got one life so enjoy it . Make it all count folks , have some good time while your here and enjoy the things that bring you happiness, WHo gives a dang if the bank repos that car one of these days , theyll have the car but you wont be lying on your death bed thinking back and saying " Man , that woulda been fun" .

I sure wont ..

TexasRN
07-14-2009, 03:37 AM

People sometimes tell me i dont act my age. Tend to have more fun than work . Spend money on stupid stuff they say .

My reply is one i just said one day and it kinda stuck " one of these days ill be Dead"

Told Nater a week or so ago , He saw a 70 plymouth Cuda , I told him go to the bank and buy it lol, cause one of these days youll be dead. You got one life so enjoy it . Make it all count folks , have some good time while your here and enjoy the things that bring you happiness, WHo gives a dang if the bank repos that car one of these days , theyll have the car but you wont be lying on your death bed thinking back and saying " Man , that woulda been fun" .

I sure wont ..

Deep Slingblade voice:"I like the way you talk....."

~Amy

VCURamFan
07-14-2009, 03:43 AM
"Huh, what happened?"

MattHughesRocks
07-14-2009, 03:44 AM
~if you can't take a joke then there ain't no point in livin'~
RS

rearnakedchoke
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM

I sure wont ..
i agree ... i hate when people say they are saving something for a "special" day ... like when i was growing up, my mom bought this real expensive dinner ware set, then never used them .. as a kid, i asked, when are you gonna use these "only on a special occasion" was the answer i always got ... well, to this day my parents have seen all 5 of their children married and 12 grandkids b-days celebrated, yet those plates are still waiting to be eaten on ... i guess none of those days were special enough ...

LOL

Llamafighter
07-14-2009, 04:00 PM

I sure wont ..

I like!
mine sort of goes along with this, Mac.
"you only live once, and it's enough if you do it right,"
also "don't mistake kindness for weakness"

both quotes I've read and really struck me.

Crisco
07-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Bro's before hoes.

Crisco
07-14-2009, 04:07 PM
I live my life by this phrase.

"Sac Up."

It's whenver your scared or are acting stupid and not taking care of your responsibilities it's time to sac up and be a man.

I use it a lot even to girls.

DonnaMaria
07-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Sac up? Sac?

really? Sac up? Even to the girls? really?

:blink:

DonnaMaria
07-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Does that mean like...........pull them in?

I'm from NJ too and you lost me there with that one. Guess I'm really green.

South NJ IS totally different from north though.............

Crisco
07-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Does that mean like...........pull them in?

I'm from NJ too and you lost me there with that one. Guess I'm really green.

South NJ IS totally different from north though.............

Agreed. Sac Up is more or less telling someone to grow a pair and man up.

Sac Up.

DonnaMaria
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Gotcha! Very interesting.:)

Wonder if I could make someone faint by using that on them one day.........

need to tuck that one away and pull it out at the appropriate time in the future.

I like it! Thanks!

Miss Foxy
07-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Carpe Diem!!

Play The Man
07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Agreed. Sac Up is more or less telling someone to grow a pair and man up.

Sac Up.

How about changing from "Sac up" to "Play The Man"? It expresses the same sentiment but I guess it doesn't have a "Dirty Jersey"-ring to it.

DonnaMaria
07-14-2009, 11:45 PM
How about changing from "Sac up" to "Play The Man"? It expresses the same sentiment but I guess it doesn't have a "Dirty Jersey"-ring to it.

It does have a really Dirty Jersey ring to it.

And we don't need any help with the "Dirty" part. We have the Sopranos after all.................

VCURamFan
07-15-2009, 02:33 AM
It does have a really Dirty Jersey ring to it.

And we don't need any help with the "Dirty" part. We have the Sopranos after all....................and Mike. :laugh:

Crisco
07-15-2009, 04:07 PM

Your right but sac up fits my personality more.

I tell me self that whenever I need the extra boost to do something.

Around here if someone is a coward we say he has no balls. So I motivate myself by telling myself to grow a pair.

Sac up and stop acting like a little girl is the general use of the phrase for me.