PDA

View Full Version : Eye Surgery Needed

County Mike
07-12-2009, 12:40 AM
I've been having some blurry vision and lost peripheral vision in my left eye. It bothered me for about a month and I finally went to the doctors Friday. They told me I have a detached retina "giant retinal tear" and I need surgery immediately. I convinced them to put it off until Sunday morning because Evo was having an open house today and I want to watch UFC 100. After surger, I have to lie face down for a full week. That's going to suck but it beats going blind.

If you don't see me on here for the next week, that's why.

Go GSP, Lesnar and Hendo!

MattHughesRocks
07-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Sorry to hear about that:sad: Good luck Mike...and watch your back! :scared0011:

Black Mamba
07-12-2009, 01:34 AM
You are super lucky Mike that is all and you aren't going blind. God blessed you in that area. The surgery is going to suck, my Mom went through glaucoma surgery on both eyes and I didn't like seeing her in pain.

I hope the surgery goes well and that it works. :)

Bonnie
07-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Mike, you know you'll be in my prayers for a successful surgery and recovery. Do you know how/when this happened--was it in training? :unsure-1:

I know it will be tough having to lie on your stomach for a whole week, but you're tough, you can do it. :)

Neezar
07-12-2009, 02:54 AM
I've been having some blurry vision and lost peripheral vision in my left eye. It bothered me for about a month and I finally went to the doctors Friday. They told me I have a detached retina "giant retinal tear" and I need surgery immediately. I convinced them to put it off until Sunday morning because Evo was having an open house today and I want to watch UFC 100. After surger, I have to lie face down for a full week. That's going to suck but it beats going blind.

Mike, I am shocked that they let you wait! Waiting is very dangerous and can result in loss of vision. :unsure-1:

(You need a spanking! :angry: )

Bonnie
07-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Mike, I am shocked that they let you wait! Waiting is very dangerous and can result in loss of vision. :unsure-1:

Maybe Kelli can take care of that while he's immobile! :laugh:

Neezar
07-12-2009, 03:09 AM
I can't believe you waited a month before going to a doctor! :duh:

logrus
07-12-2009, 05:37 AM
I had to have 2 surgerys on both eyes, good luck buddy.

Llamafighter
07-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Best of luck Mike! Keep us posted. you'll be good as new!

Neezar
07-12-2009, 06:03 AM
I had to have 2 surgerys on both eyes, good luck buddy.

Can you still see? :scared0015:

Bonnie
07-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Can you still see? :scared0015:

Luckily for you, he mistook that "i" for a "u" and thinks you called him a "Duck". :laugh:

Neezar
07-12-2009, 06:29 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mac
07-12-2009, 06:38 AM

Mike , you know that will cause blindness!!!!!!! , your only suppose to do it till you need glasses!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

good luck pardner.

cubsfan47
07-12-2009, 02:48 PM
My late father had to have retinal surgery when he was about 65. It was successful and he kept his sight until he was 91 when he passed. After seeing dad go through it, I will definitely have you on my "list".

But that was 25 years ago. With the skill the surgeons have now, you will be fine.

Tyburn
07-12-2009, 05:53 PM

shouldnt have waited a month before getting that checked out neither!!!

My Gran had something like that because of her age :unsure:

Chuck
07-13-2009, 04:57 AM
..... I have to lie face down for a full week. That's going to suck but it beats going blind.

Face down??

It's like college all over again!!!

Jason 16
07-13-2009, 05:28 AM
Face down??

It's like college all over again!!!

Or UFC 100 . yea

CAVEMAN
07-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Hope all goes well, Mike.

Crisco
07-13-2009, 07:50 PM

C'mon suck it up you p****.

jk. Get well soon brother.

VCURamFan
07-14-2009, 04:29 AM
Hey man, hope the surgery & recovery goes well. We'll be praying for you. Make sure Kelli is a "good" nurse for you. :wink:

Chuck
07-14-2009, 04:37 AM
Hey man, hope the surgery & recovery goes well. We'll be praying for you. Make sure Kelli is a "good" nurse for you. :wink:
You know as well as I do that Mike likes the naughty nurse better ;)

VCURamFan
07-14-2009, 05:25 AM
You know as well as I do that Mike likes the naughty nurse better ;)Well, duh! That's why I put good in quotes. She needs to do a good job of being a naughty nurse. :devil:

County Mike
07-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks for all the support. According to the doctor, the surgery went beautifully. I can't see at all with my left eye right now. I can barely even open it. They repaired the tear and put a gas bubble in my eye to hold the retina in place while it heals. That's why I have to stay face down most of the time. The bubble floats up to hold it in place. It's somewhat painful but not unbearable. Pretty much like a bad headache focused around my eye. The worst part is probably the boredom. Kelli has been doing a great job taking care of me.

Thanks again to all. I did get to see UFC100 and all my picks won.

Talk to you later.
Mike

Twinsmama
07-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear it!!! It's only Tuesday so I hope you don't go crazy with boredom you still have a ways to go. You don't exactly seem like the type to lay around. Me on the other hand I couple take a 3 day nap! Happy Healing!!!

VCURamFan
07-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all the support. According to the doctor, the surgery went beautifully. I can't see at all with my left eye right now. I can barely even open it. They repaired the tear and put a gas bubble in my eye to hold the retina in place while it heals. That's why I have to stay face down most of the time. The bubble floats up to hold it in place. It's somewhat painful but not unbearable. Pretty much like a bad headache focused around my eye. The worst part is probably the boredom. Kelli has been doing a great job taking care of me.

Thanks again to all. I did get to see UFC100 and all my picks won.

Talk to you later.
MikeOK, well have Kelli buy you one of those massage tables with the face-hole & then set up your computer directly underneath so you can still get your forum on! :happydancing:

Also, that way Kelli can give you a special massage when you're bored.:w00t: