PDA

View Full Version : feeling a bit guilty...

Spiritwalker
07-11-2009, 12:08 AM
I have been feeling a bit guilty that I haven't been around that much lately.

I have been working a good bit of over time and still teaching and helping to teach at my dojo.. Been spending a LOT of time studying for my black belt test and my level 5 balintawak test (stick fighting). And still trying to be a good father and husband.

My black belt test date has still not been set as yet. I do know it will be between late Oct and late Nov. so... still getting ready..

just a quick run down of what the test will be..

Just the conditioning portion is as follows:
2 mile run at a 6 mph pace in under 18 minutes

300 jumping jacks
300 punches from a horse stance
300 front kicks (all kicks must be belt height or better)
100 push ups and 100 crunches (the 300 x 3 and the 100 x 2 must be completed in under 20 minutes)

All 13 kata, with 5 applications and 2 variations of each application
a Q&A with the review board
sparing and free style defense and many other things.

so still working out for this...

I have been watching the UFC Top 100.. and seeing all of the Matt Hughes quotes and fights has had me missing you guys.

Been reading and studying the Bubshi translation by Patrick McCarthy (tyburn.. you should really check that out if you want to really understand the difference between -do and -jutsu) and Okinawan karate history (primarily a book by Mark Bishop)

yesterday was my birthday and I have a 4 day weekend. whee....

Of course I am going to be watching the fights tomorrow night.. but I plan on spending a good deal of time over the next few days catching up.. this place is kinda like a second home....

I was planning on going to the NKF National Championships in Flordia this year, but it hasn't panned out. Next year, both AAU and NKF are being held less than two hours away.. so I will be refing and competing at both. Next tourney season I will be competing as a black belt (hopefully) for the first time.. against other seasoned black belts.. so I just hope to do decent...

hope everyone has been doing well..

MattHughesRocks
07-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Hey, it's an mma internet forum.Why would you feel guilty for not being around so much?

Spiritwalker
07-11-2009, 03:34 AM
good conversation.. just having fun.. hanging out with other fans of Matt Da Man Hughes...

MattHughesRocks
07-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Well then stop in for fun on a more regular bases then ya slacker :laugh:

Tyburn
07-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I feel guilty for not making you a Birthday video last week too... :sad:

I forgot :cry: