PDA

View Full Version : JUJU 4 JOJO!

Tyburn
07-10-2009, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzIxHVv0cz0 :laugh:

Lets all show our support for Jojo on the eve of his battle :happydancing:

Preach
07-10-2009, 10:04 PM
JoJo for JuJu I mean JuJu for JOJO:punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch:

Jason 16
07-10-2009, 11:13 PM
:punch: CANT GET TICKETS BECAUSE OF THE A HOLE PROMOTER WONT ANSWER HIS PHONE:punch:

Psykojojo
07-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks so much guys, really. :laugh: don't know whatelse to say

Psykojojo
07-10-2009, 11:18 PM
:punch: CANT GET TICKETS BECAUSE OF THE A HOLE PROMOTER WONT ANSWER HIS PHONE:punch:

I've spoken with Nick twice about the ticket thing and both times he assured me that tickets are sold at the door. I figured this though, it's not the UFC

Tyburn
07-10-2009, 11:33 PM
it's not the UFC
:) Yet...perhaps it will be in the future :happydancing:

Psykojojo
07-10-2009, 11:33 PM
I was in the newspaper (abington journal)!!

MMA stars of tomorrow head to battle this weekend
James Simrell will send three of his top fighters to compete at “Inkosi…It’s Time,” MMA event this weekend.
By Don McGlynn dmcglynn@theabingtonjournal.com
Reporter/Photographer

BUSHKILL - Fernwood Hotel and Resort is the place to be this Saturday, July 11, for action and excitement of live Mixed Martial Arts.

click image to enlargeAbove, Joe Martin, left, works out in the ring with Rich Patishnock at James Simrell MMA gym in Scranton.

Abington Journal Photo/ Don McGlynn

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8492/ajspsimrell1070820094ab.jpg

click image to enlargeAbove, from left, Joe Martin, Roy Gonzalez and Octavio Moreno will compete this Saturday, July 11 in the MMA event “Inkosi…It’s Time!” at Fernwood Hotel and Resort in Bushkill.

Select images available for purchase in the
Times Leader Photo StoreThe resort’s event center, located in Bushkill, will host Inkosi Promotions’ Mixed Martial Arts event “Inkosi…. It’s Time,” featuring some of the best professional and amateur fighters in the sport.

“It should be a night of really nice, action packed fights. There’s a lot of talented guys fighting,” said James Simrell of James Simrell Mixed Martial Arts Gym in Scranton.

Simrell will be sending three of his fighters -Roy Gonzalez, Octavio Moreno and Joe Martin, to represent the gym this Saturday and compete in the amateur matches.

Part of the excitement of amateur matches is they not only gives the audience a chance to watch the sports stars of tomorrow on the rise, they also gives fans a chance to discover new talent, and in the case of this Saturday’s event, some of the talent will be brand new.

Martin and Gonzalez will be making their amateur debuts this weekend, after beginning to train at Simrell’s gym less than a year ago. And, although both fighters are relatively new to the sport, Simrell is confident they’re going to turn some heads this Saturday.

“Joe (Martin) has been training with me for nine months. He’s a kid that really catches on to techniques quick and he has great training ethics. He trains hard, he’s a team leader, always pushing the guys…his skill level is just going right through the ceiling, he’s really just a talented fighter,” said Simrell.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2372/ajspsimrell3070820094ab.jpg

“Roy (Gonzalez) had some background in kickboxing when he joined here. And use to wrestle for West Scranton (High School)… his striking and kicks are really nice.”

“I’ve been training (hard) since I started and I told him (Simrell) as soon as he thought I was ready to do it up, and he thought I was ready,” said Gonzalez.

Both fighters said they are excited to be in their first match so soon, and while Simrell chalks up getting to this point so quickly to natural talent and hard work, Martin is quick to point out it has a lot to do with their coach.

“Coach Simrell is one of the best in the area. He fights for me, he pushes me and he has faith,” said Martin.

Joining Martin and Gonzalez will be Moreno, a fighter with a few years under his belt. Moreno fought in Mexico for two years, before finding his way to Scranton. Once here, he quickly started working out with Simrell.

“I’ve known (Moreno) for a long time, we did Judo together. He came here and he worked with me, he’ll be ready to fight,” said Simrell

“Hopefully it’s going to be good fight and a good show,” added Moreno.

“Inkosi…It’s Time!” will take place Saturday, July 11, at the Fernwood Hotel and Resort, in Bushkill. Show starts at 7 p.m., doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets range from $25 to $50, and can be purchased at James Simrell MMA Gym, 311 Penn Ave., Scranton, by calling 484.765.8116 or e-mailing INKOSI.LLC@hotmail.com. For more information, visit http://www.inkosipromotions.com/.

Tyburn
07-10-2009, 11:37 PM
I was in the newspaper (abington journal)!!

MMA stars of tomorrow head to battle this weekend
James Simrell will send three of his top fighters to compete at “Inkosi…It’s Time,” MMA event this weekend.
By Don McGlynn dmcglynn@theabingtonjournal.com
Reporter/Photographer

BUSHKILL - Fernwood Hotel and Resort is the place to be this Saturday, July 11, for action and excitement of live Mixed Martial Arts.

click image to enlargeAbove, Joe Martin, left, works out in the ring with Rich Patishnock at James Simrell MMA gym in Scranton.

click image to enlargeAbove, from left, Joe Martin, Roy Gonzalez and Octavio Moreno will compete this Saturday, July 11 in the MMA event “Inkosi…It’s Time!” at Fernwood Hotel and Resort in Bushkill.

Select images available for purchase in the
Times Leader Photo StoreThe resort’s event center, located in Bushkill, will host Inkosi Promotions’ Mixed Martial Arts event “Inkosi…. It’s Time,” featuring some of the best professional and amateur fighters in the sport.

“It should be a night of really nice, action packed fights. There’s a lot of talented guys fighting,” said James Simrell of James Simrell Mixed Martial Arts Gym in Scranton.

Simrell will be sending three of his fighters -Roy Gonzalez, Octavio Moreno and Joe Martin, to represent the gym this Saturday and compete in the amateur matches.

Part of the excitement of amateur matches is they not only gives the audience a chance to watch the sports stars of tomorrow on the rise, they also gives fans a chance to discover new talent, and in the case of this Saturday’s event, some of the talent will be brand new.

Martin and Gonzalez will be making their amateur debuts this weekend, after beginning to train at Simrell’s gym less than a year ago. And, although both fighters are relatively new to the sport, Simrell is confident they’re going to turn some heads this Saturday.

“Joe (Martin) has been training with me for nine months. He’s a kid that really catches on to techniques quick and he has great training ethics. He trains hard, he’s a team leader, always pushing the guys…his skill level is just going right through the ceiling, he’s really just a talented fighter,” said Simrell.

“Roy (Gonzalez) had some background in kickboxing when he joined here. And use to wrestle for West Scranton (High School)… his striking and kicks are really nice.”

“I’ve been training (hard) since I started and I told him (Simrell) as soon as he thought I was ready to do it up, and he thought I was ready,” said Gonzalez.

Both fighters said they are excited to be in their first match so soon, and while Simrell chalks up getting to this point so quickly to natural talent and hard work, Martin is quick to point out it has a lot to do with their coach.

“Coach Simrell is one of the best in the area. He fights for me, he pushes me and he has faith,” said Martin.

Joining Martin and Gonzalez will be Moreno, a fighter with a few years under his belt. Moreno fought in Mexico for two years, before finding his way to Scranton. Once here, he quickly started working out with Simrell.

“I’ve known (Moreno) for a long time, we did Judo together. He came here and he worked with me, he’ll be ready to fight,” said Simrell

“Hopefully it’s going to be good fight and a good show,” added Moreno.

“Inkosi…It’s Time!” will take place Saturday, July 11, at the Fernwood Hotel and Resort, in Bushkill. Show starts at 7 p.m., doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets range from $25 to $50, and can be purchased at James Simrell MMA Gym, 311 Penn Ave., Scranton, by calling 484.765.8116 or e-mailing INKOSI.LLC@hotmail.com. For more information, visit http://www.inkosipromotions.com/.
:scared0015: Jojo thats amazing!! :w00t:

Psykojojo
07-10-2009, 11:47 PM
:scared0015: Jojo thats amazing!! :w00t:

:laugh: don't know about amazing, but thanks. I have pics on that article now, forgot them the first time around

Preach
07-10-2009, 11:49 PM
:laugh: don't know about amazing, but thanks. I have pics on that article now, forgot them the first time around

You know much about your opponent

Black Mamba
07-11-2009, 12:24 AM
WaR JoJo!!!!

:punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch:

That is freakin awesome to read Jojo. :cool: Your little girl is going to be proud to read this when she gets old enough.

Kick some serious booty tomorrow bro.

Psykojojo
07-11-2009, 01:29 AM
You know much about your opponent

wrestler, he has a thai match under his belt

Neezar
07-11-2009, 04:29 AM

I can't see the pics! :cry:

Neezar
07-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Kick Ass, Jojo!

:punch:

Neezar
07-11-2009, 04:35 AM

:cool:

MattHughesRocks
07-11-2009, 04:45 AM
I can't believe I'm just now seeing this! :w00t:

WAR JOJO!!!!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MMA/mma.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Good%20Luck/FIGHT.gif

:jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045:

Bonnie
07-11-2009, 05:01 AM
I just wanted to wish you well JoJo in your match tomorrow. From that glowing article, it sounds like you are set to go. :ninja:

Like, Dave, I'll be there in spirit rooting you on! :punch:

God Bless! :)

MattHughesRocks
07-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Tonight's the night!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Good%20Luck/Froganimation.gif

Preach
07-11-2009, 03:27 PM
wrestler, he has a thai match under his belt
I will go out on a limb and say JoJo submits this guy by triangle choke 2:43 of the first

Tyburn
07-11-2009, 04:05 PM
do you know. I'm more excited about this, then I am about UFC100?

Jojo matters more...

...and excuse me...I've just seen something incredibly funny. My Budgie just pulled to hard on his pacifier and all the little hairs have come off the bell. Poor Jens...I most go to the shops and buy him another one before they shut. He will be miseruble tonight if he doesnt have another one to play with.

Keep up the Juju for Jojo...and I'll be right back :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Me too! Even more excited for Jojo then GSP! :w00t:

How are we going to find out if how it went Dave? I'm working all day and hopefully someone will find out/see it and make their way here to the forums and post.Even better...have a video!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

do you know. I'm more excited about this, then I am about UFC100?

Jojo matters more...

...and excuse me...I've just seen something incredibly funny. My Budgie just pulled to hard on his pacifier and all the little hairs have come off the bell. Poor Jens...I most go to the shops and buy him another one before they shut. He will be miseruble tonight if he doesnt have another one to play with.

Keep up the Juju for Jojo...and I'll be right back :laugh:

Psykojojo
07-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Made weight! 155 on the head, i had to cut for a total of 20 mins woohoo!

Psykojojo
07-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I will go out on a limb and say JoJo submits this guy by triangle choke 2:43 of the first

Believe it or not, thats my bread'n'butter, triangle is like my trademark

Psykojojo
07-11-2009, 05:18 PM
you guys are amazing, thanks for the support! I've basically decided that I'm either going to end the fight myself or go out on a shield.....unless ofcourse he doesn't want to engage

Tyburn
07-11-2009, 05:31 PM
you guys are amazing, thanks for the support! I've basically decided that I'm either going to end the fight myself or go out on a shield.....unless ofcourse he doesn't want to engage
I'm BACKKKKKKKKKKK :w00t:

I hope you win...but I'm excited...not nervous...tiz a good sign :laugh:

on another note, I didnt manage to get a binky for Jens, the shop has sold out...he'll have to make do with his rings until monday

Jason 16
07-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I dont know if I can make it I cant drive past 11 and my dad took overtime last night when I told him I dont know If I can get tickets. did you fix your camcorder

Tyburn
07-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I dont know if I can make it I cant drive past 11 and my dad took overtime last night when I told him I dont know If I can get tickets. did you fix your camcorder
catch the bus :laugh:

Amtrak :ninja:

Jason 16
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
catch the bus :laugh:

Amtrak :ninja:

there realy arnt any buses but for the elderly to the mall and back

Boomer
07-11-2009, 05:57 PM
TO WARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :headbanger:

Man JOJO ... I can't believe I'm missing this. I would be on the front row if iwere not on the other side of the world. Please record it!!!!! :)

You'll have your hand raised at the end I'm sure.

Psykojojo
07-11-2009, 06:02 PM
TO WARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :headbanger:

Man JOJO ... I can't believe I'm missing this. I would be on the front row if iwere not on the other side of the world. Please record it!!!!! :)

You'll have your hand raised at the end I'm sure.

Thanks man and one can only hope it's my hand raised. I'll say this, the kid didn't want to look me in the eye and seemed kinda antsy.....then again, maybe he had to take a whiz

Tyburn
07-11-2009, 06:04 PM
.....then again, maybe he had to take a whiz
well...when nature calls :blink:

:laugh:

Boomer
07-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks man and one can only hope it's my hand raised. I'll say this, the kid didn't want to look me in the eye and seemed kinda antsy.....then again, maybe he had to take a whiz

Well remember JOJO ... mercy is for after he's beat. :wink: :laugh: Lots of people can learn the mechanics of fighting ... but taking control of the emotions and environment are all apart of the fight game and getting in the cage. Love the crowd; love the rush; but don't let all that drive you in war ... make quick work of that cat so you can rest up for something bigger. :wink:

You got this.

Psykojojo
07-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Well remember JOJO ... mercy is for after he's beat. :wink: :laugh: Lots of people can learn the mechanics of fighting ... but taking control of the emotions and environment are all apart of the fight game and getting in the cage. Love the crowd; love the rush; but don't let all that drive you in war ... make quick work of that cat so you can rest up for something bigger. :wink:

You got this.

There will be no love for this guy, that being said, i want to take him out of the fight as quickly and with as little pain (to him) as possible. But i'll take what i can get

Boomer
07-11-2009, 07:01 PM
There will be no love for this guy, that being said, i want to take him out of the fight as quickly and with as little pain (to him) as possible. But i'll take what i can get

:laugh: ok maybe a little mercy ...... :laugh:

Just kidding .. have a good fight buddy and I want to hear all about it when you are done! :)

Neezar
07-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Is Mogah going? Is she more excited or nervous? I wish I could be there.

Where is your after party? :cool:

Llamafighter
07-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Wish I could see ya fight JoJo. Do what you know how to do and you'll win. I'll be sending you positive vibes, man.
TO WAR!!!

Chuck
07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Best of luck brother! I'll be praying.......................

for the other guy to recover after you kick his butt!!!!!!!!! :punch:

MattHughesRocks
07-12-2009, 12:55 AM
I wonder what time he fights??? I wonder whos coming on to tell us when it's over...does anyone have his number??:unsure-1:

Start calling it's 8:00 PM his time it may be over! :w00t:

Neezar
07-12-2009, 03:07 AM
:unsure-1: I am dying to know!!!!

MattHughesRocks
07-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Me to!

MattHughesRocks
07-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Ok Jojo where are you? :angry:

Neezar
07-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Ok Jojo where are you? :angry:

I know. :angry:

He must have won. He has forgotten his fans already.

Psykojojo
07-12-2009, 06:11 AM
:wink: triangle in the 3rd. I almost KO'd him 2times

Bonnie
07-12-2009, 06:14 AM
:happydancing: :happydancing: CONGRATULATIONS JOJO!!!! :happydancing: :happydancing:

Oh, I'm so happy for you! :w00t: :w00t:

mikthehick
07-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Awesome job jojo :D

Neezar
07-12-2009, 06:21 AM

:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

I can breathe now!

Neezar
07-12-2009, 06:22 AM

I :wub: you, Jojo!

Preach
07-12-2009, 06:23 AM

Who called the triangle huh.. did he tap or nap

MattHughesRocks
07-12-2009, 06:27 AM
:jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045:

WAY TO GO!!!

(next time don't wait so dang long to tell us!)

Max
07-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Grats man.

MattHughesRocks
07-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Jojo, Chuck just texted asking about you. It's like 2 am his time:laugh:

Psykojojo
07-12-2009, 07:23 AM
i completely dominated the guy, it wasn't even close. i almost finished him about 90 times. :laugh: damn i feel good.

Boomer
07-12-2009, 07:33 AM
i completely dominated the guy, it wasn't even close. i almost finished him about 90 times. :laugh: damn i feel good.

:w00t: :punch: WARRRRRRR JOJO!!!!!!!!!! :D

Tyburn
07-12-2009, 07:37 AM
:happydancing:

YOU WON!
YOU FINISHED!!
WE LOVE YOU

when is your next fight :huh: :laugh:

This is more fantastic then knowing someone I have real dislike for got beat up bad last night :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
07-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Did anyone get that on tape? Not that we don't believe you! :laugh:

Irish Pride
07-12-2009, 03:02 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :laugh: :punch: :happydancing:

Jason 16
07-12-2009, 03:25 PM
grats man :happydancing: :happydancing: yea my dad had to work and is still working now

David_Banner
07-12-2009, 03:57 PM

Congrats bro :)

Black Mamba
07-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Woooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!:happydancing: Congrats Jojo! I can't wait to see video of this.

Llamafighter
07-12-2009, 06:14 PM
AWESOME, JOJO!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck
07-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Way to go JoJo!!!!!!!!!

Now lets see a video!!

Preach
07-13-2009, 02:37 PM
here is the video of the 3rd round and the finish I will see if I can find the whole fight.. Awesome job brother
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Tyburn
07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
here is the video of the 3rd round and the finish I will see if I can find the whole fight.. Awesome job brother
it says its "not available" in my country "due to copywright restrictions" :sad:

Jason 16
07-13-2009, 04:31 PM
it says its "not available" in my country "due to copywright restrictions" :sad:
its not the fight its Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Llamafighter
07-13-2009, 05:40 PM

:laugh: :laugh: you @#$%er :laugh: :laugh:

Preach
07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Never Gonna Give You Up

Thats what she said

Max
07-13-2009, 08:25 PM
its not the fight its Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
I wonder when someone will use this as their entrance song?

VCURamFan
07-14-2009, 04:13 AM
:wink: triangle in the 3rd. I almost KO'd him 2timesYES!!!! That's what I'm talking about, Jojo, way to throw down!!!!

Psykojojo
07-14-2009, 04:25 AM
I'm working on the video guys, might have it up tonight, heres an article on it though. The only problem with it is that we're not form the same school, he's from Ratpack which is a Simrell affiliate.

....oh yeah, and i was never takendown :wink: i let him sweep from mount twice, both times so i could set-up either an armbar (because it was the last couple of seconds and i had won the round already) and one so i could go for the triangle. Which i would have had if it wasn't for the damn shin guards

INKOSI...IT'S TIME
No Elbows for Amateurs But Toney Drops a Pair on Drago

by Derek Constable

BUSHKILL, Pa. -- Since the legalization of mixed martial arts in Pennsylvania this year, new promotions have been popping up in cities and towns across the state for months and finally homebred talent has a place to compete without having to hit the highway and cross into New Jersey.

On July 10, Inkosi promotions unleased its first ever MMA event at the Fenwood Hotel and Resort and while attendance was a little on the lighter side, those who did come were there to support the 12 amateurs and four professional fighters who were scheduled to be apart of this eight match lineup.

The fightcard was heavy on amateurs but despite being unable to strike to the head on the ground, four of six amateurs matchups found resolutions in the ring rather than on the judges' scorecards with wins by various submissions including armbar, triangles and rear naked choke.

Amateur Joe Martin was fun to watch as he relied heavily on a brutal front kick which he landed round after round. He and his opponent Brian Hawk both had opponents drop out on them last minute and agreed to fight with one another despite training at the same fight schools.

Martin was clearly the better striker and a showman utilizing superman punches and exciting kicks to carry him through the rounds. When he was taken down by Hawk, he resorted to traingle attempts and in Round Three at 1:08 that's just how he ended the match as Hawk tapped from triangle submission.

Results

Pro

145 - Dustin Pague def. Joel Roberts by TKO 3:13 R3.
170 - Jamie Toney def. Dave Drago by KO (elbow from mount) 1:55 R1.

Amateur

265 - Bubba Naratil def. Demitrius Lindsey by Unanimous Decision.
170 - Michael Bannon def. Brett Martinez by Submission (triangle) 1:33 R3.
155 - Joe Martin def. Brian Hawk by Submission (triangle) 1:08 R3.
135 - John Holland def. Shane Pichilis by Submission (armbar) 1:59 R1.*
170 - Bill Leipensberger def. Jeff Perry by Unanimous Decision.
170 - Evan Bates def. Dave Versick by Submission (rear naked choke) :50 R2.

MattHughesRocks
07-14-2009, 05:07 AM
I'm very impressed with your performance Jojo!:w00t:

I'm working on the video guys, might have it up tonight, heres an article on it though. The only problem with it is that we're not form the same school, he's from Ratpack which is a Simrell affiliate.

....oh yeah, and i was never takendown :wink: i let him sweep from mount twice, both times so i could set-up either an armbar (because it was the last couple of seconds and i had won the round already) and one so i could go for the triangle. Which i would have had if it wasn't for the damn shin guards

INKOSI...IT'S TIME
No Elbows for Amateurs But Toney Drops a Pair on Drago

by Derek Constable

BUSHKILL, Pa. -- Since the legalization of mixed martial arts in Pennsylvania this year, new promotions have been popping up in cities and towns across the state for months and finally homebred talent has a place to compete without having to hit the highway and cross into New Jersey.

On July 10, Inkosi promotions unleased its first ever MMA event at the Fenwood Hotel and Resort and while attendance was a little on the lighter side, those who did come were there to support the 12 amateurs and four professional fighters who were scheduled to be apart of this eight match lineup.

The fightcard was heavy on amateurs but despite being unable to strike to the head on the ground, four of six amateurs matchups found resolutions in the ring rather than on the judges' scorecards with wins by various submissions including armbar, triangles and rear naked choke.

Amateur Joe Martin was fun to watch as he relied heavily on a brutal front kick which he landed round after round. He and his opponent Brian Hawk both had opponents drop out on them last minute and agreed to fight with one another despite training at the same fight schools.

Martin was clearly the better striker and a showman utilizing superman punches and exciting kicks to carry him through the rounds. When he was taken down by Hawk, he resorted to traingle attempts and in Round Three at 1:08 that's just how he ended the match as Hawk tapped from triangle submission.

Results

Pro

145 - Dustin Pague def. Joel Roberts by TKO 3:13 R3.
170 - Jamie Toney def. Dave Drago by KO (elbow from mount) 1:55 R1.

Amateur

265 - Bubba Naratil def. Demitrius Lindsey by Unanimous Decision.
170 - Michael Bannon def. Brett Martinez by Submission (triangle) 1:33 R3.
155 - Joe Martin def. Brian Hawk by Submission (triangle) 1:08 R3.
135 - John Holland def. Shane Pichilis by Submission (armbar) 1:59 R1.*
170 - Bill Leipensberger def. Jeff Perry by Unanimous Decision.
170 - Evan Bates def. Dave Versick by Submission (rear naked choke) :50 R2.

VCURamFan
07-14-2009, 05:21 AM
You're a showman because you use super-man punches & kicks? Well touch you twice!

Psykojojo
07-14-2009, 05:44 AM
You're a showman because you use super-man punches & kicks? Well touch you twice!

I threw alooot of teeps/push kicks, what happened was, i threw a back kick first thing out and it had some sweet chop....BUT, it just didn't do enough damage because of the damn shinn guard. So, right away i go "hmm....joe theres nothing on your heel and you throw a mean teep, everytime he comes in the pocket just nail him" so basically i didn't let him get into a comfertable distance to throw and i kept his mind on the teep. I couldn't throw many combos either, just single shots because he would run everytime i threw something, so i had to track him down like crocodile dundee and land single powershots. If i were to throw combos, i'd have to follow him and then i'd run the risk of walking into a shot.

Bonnie
07-14-2009, 06:20 AM
I threw alooot of teeps/push kicks, what happened was, i threw a back kick first thing out and it had some sweet chop....BUT, it just didn't do enough damage because of the damn shinn guard. So, right away i go "hmm....joe theres nothing on your heel and you throw a mean teep, everytime he comes in the pocket just nail him" so basically i didn't let him get into a comfertable distance to throw and i kept his mind on the teep. I couldn't throw many combos either, just single shots because he would run everytime i threw something, so i had to track him down like crocodile dundee and land single powershots. If i were to throw combos, i'd have to follow him and then i'd run the risk of walking into a shot.

JoJo could you explain "teeps" for us non-fighters? Is it a push kick? I tried looking it up, but was still unsure. :wink:

VCURamFan
07-14-2009, 06:28 AM
JoJo could you explain "teeps" for us non-fighters? Is it a push kick? I tried looking it up, but was still unsure. :wink:Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I guess I'm not cool enough to know that secret move yet.:ashamed:

Quell
07-14-2009, 06:30 AM
thats awesome! Congrats!!

Psykojojo
07-14-2009, 06:32 AM
:laugh: It's a front kick used by thai fighters to push their opponents. i like throwing them to the stomach and usually use these to set my punches up

Tyburn
07-14-2009, 01:21 PM
:w00t: you are SO awesome JOJO :w00t:

VCURamFan
07-14-2009, 04:03 PM
:laugh: It's a front kick used by thai fighters to push their opponents. i like throwing them to the stomach and usually use these to set my punches upOooooo, so it's a push-kick. I thought you were alternating between push-kicks & these mysterious teeps.

Llamafighter
07-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Oooooo, so it's a push-kick. I thought you were alternating between push-kicks & these mysterious teeps.

They're also good for putting your heel into your opponents solar plexus. I like 'em because (and as a fellow tall guy you should too) they can act like a jab. you land a few and then anytime you pick your knee up they cover, cause they think the pk is coming. then you take out the supporting leg:)

JoJo, did anyone record the fight? Awesome job, man!
we're all super proud of you.

Jason 16
07-14-2009, 06:02 PM
hate to get off topic but what happened to Joel?

Preach
07-14-2009, 06:53 PM

Here is a link to his fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

I bet he falls for this lol

Llamafighter
07-14-2009, 06:56 PM

He dominated and landed a decision.

Jason 16
07-14-2009, 09:09 PM
He dominated and landed a decision.
.....umm NO and:sign0090:

Llamafighter
07-14-2009, 09:49 PM
.....umm NO and:sign0090:

isn't that what you asked, kid?

Jason 16
07-14-2009, 10:07 PM
isn't that what you asked, kid?
Joel not jojo joel got tkoed and I wanted to know what happened and jojo choked the guy in the third