PDA

View Full Version : "This is a Black World"

Play The Man
07-10-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html

Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime or a gang initiation.

But to Marty Marshall, his wife and two kids, it seems pretty clear.

It came after a family night of celebrating America and freedom with a fireworks show at Firestone Stadium. Marshall, his family and two friends were gathered outside a friend's home in South Akron.

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

The Marshalls, who are white, say the crowd of teens who attacked them and two friends June 27 on Girard Street numbered close to 50. The teens were all black.

''This was almost like being a terrorist act,'' Marshall said. ''And we allow this to go on in our neighborhoods?''

They said it started when one teen, without any words or warning, blindsided and assaulted Marshall's friend as he stood outside with the others.

When Marshall, 39, jumped in, he found himself being attacked by the growing group of teens.

His daughter, Rachel, 15, who weighs about 90 pounds, tried to come to his rescue. The teens pushed her to the ground.

Marshall was the most seriously injured. He suffered a concussion and multiple bruises to his head and eye. He said he spent five nights in the critical care unit at Akron General Medical Center.

The construction worker said he now fears for his family's safety, and the thousands of dollars in medical bills he faces without insurance.

''I knew I was going to get beat, but not as bad as I did,'' Marshall said. ''But I did it to protect my family. I didn't have a choice. There was no need for this. We should be all getting along. But to me, it seems to be racist.''

Akron police are investigating. Right now, the case is not being classified as a racial hate crime.

What would it take for the authorities to classify it as a "hate crime"?:huh:

Crisco
07-10-2009, 07:08 PM
What would it take for the authorities to classify it as a "hate crime"?

If it was a black family beat up by a group of 50 white people there would be a million man march about it by now.

atomdanger
07-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah.. but if I pop a black guy and use ANY racial slurs or talk,
then I am doing some SERIOUS time for hate crime.

Crisco
07-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah.. but if I pop a black guy and use ANY racial slurs or talk,
then I am doing some SERIOUS time for hate crime.

Remember Atom it's ok for black people to commit race crimes.. Cuz of slavery and all.

Twinsmama
07-10-2009, 07:40 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

atomdanger
07-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Remember Atom it's ok for black people to commit race crimes.. Cuz of slavery and all.

Yeah.... pfft

So can Mexicans, Asian's, etc... Against whites, and its ok.
Its insane. You can also commit a hate crime against a gay person,
but not a straight one?

I just don't get the whining over slavery thing, its been over for a LONG time.
Black people make up under 20 percent of the US population, and 50 percent of our prisons and welfare recipients.

Miss Foxy
07-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Things like this purely suck. Whether its white against black or black against white.. It sucks we live in a day and age where we forget we all bleed red and are so angry at events that led up to stereotyping fellow mankind..

Black Mamba
07-10-2009, 08:10 PM
To comment about the article.... it's unfornuate to read about that. It's people like them that force sterotypes on African Americans. I would hope that it does get classified as a hate crime, this gang knew exactly who they were targeting.

Some of the above comments I'm keeping my mouth shut on. I will agree that yes, slavery was in the past but it didn't exactly get any better once slavery was over. Not only blacks, but women and minorities weren't able to enjoy the freedoms of the United States equally until what was it? The 60's?

Crisco
07-10-2009, 08:16 PM
To comment about the article.... it's unfornuate to read about that. It's people like them that force sterotypes on African Americans. I would hope that it does get classified as a hate crime, this gang knew exactly who they were targeting.

Some of the above comments I'm keeping my mouth shut on. I will agree that yes, slavery was in the past but it didn't exactly get any better once slavery was over. Not only blacks, but women and minorities weren't able to enjoy the freedoms of the United States equally until what was it? The 60's?

Agreed. I don't question the struggles.

But just because you struggled doesn't make you special.

The Italians have suffered greatly in this country much like the Irish and the Jews. Everyone should be held accountable and this group definately performed a hate crime.

rearnakedchoke
07-10-2009, 08:20 PM
you guys are sad ... sure the article is disturbing, if you don't think that there are hate crimes against blacks, whites, asians, hispanics or because of people's sexual orientation, than you are all blind ... it happens everyday, yet these are the articles that make it to the papers ...

atomdanger
07-10-2009, 08:21 PM

Agreed, I am not saying they didn't have it hard,
but its hard to respect a person who is 16 - 25 using slavery / civil rights struggles as an excuse or reason to behave poorly, or as a reason they are poor, or as a reason black people have the issues that they have, its a little silly.

atomdanger
07-10-2009, 08:22 PM
you guys are sad ... sure the article is disturbing, if you don't think that there are hate crimes against blacks, whites, asians, hispanics or because of people's sexual orientation, than you are all blind ... it happens everyday, yet these are the articles that make it to the papers ...

Why is it sad?

I don't think a single person said they don't happen against all groups,
I was saying its ridiculous that its a hate crime if its against blacks,
but not if it is against whites.

rearnakedchoke
07-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Why is it sad?

I don't think a single person said they don't happen against all groups,
I was saying its ridiculous that its a hate crime if its against blacks,
but not if it is against whites.
what was the sense of talking about blacks being the largest group of criminals and welfare recipients? it has nothing to do with whether or not this was a hate crime ... it would be like me saying whites have a higher tendency of being serial killers .. it has no bearing on the article ..

atomdanger
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM
what was the sense of talking about blacks being the largest group of criminals and welfare recipients? it has nothing to do with whether or not this was a hate crime ... it would be like me saying whites have a higher tendency of being serial killers .. it has no bearing on the article ..

It is a discussion, the topic was brought up that a lot of blacks think its ok to act crazy or be racist because of slavery.
I said that its insane to me because its been over for a long time and black people as a community still cannot get it together.

It bugs me that the law does not protect white people,
but it does protect a group of people who are the largest group of criminals and welfare recipients.

Play The Man
07-10-2009, 08:55 PM
It is getting hot in here!:scared0011: How about we redirect from a black/white thing and discuss whether you think hate crimes are equally prosecuted, and whether or not we need hate crimes legislation at all (this is important, because new hate crimes legislation is being debated currently). For example, does it matter if the 50 boys were animated by racial animus or whether they were a group of sociopaths looking to hurt anybody that got in their way for kicks? In both cases, the man is equally hurt and has the same time in the hospital and the same medical bills. I say punish all violent crimes harshly. No need to make protected classes. If a crime was committed, punish it. No extra punishment if the victim is gay, white, etc. Additionally, I think this case illustrates that hate crimes laws are not applied consistently (another reason not to have them).

rockdawg21
07-10-2009, 09:01 PM
What would it take for the authorities to classify it as a "hate crime"?:huh:
Simple, invert the skin colors of the attackers and the attacked. :banghead:

rockdawg21
07-10-2009, 09:03 PM
It is a discussion, the topic was brought up that a lot of blacks think its ok to act crazy or be racist because of slavery.
I said that its insane to me because its been over for a long time and black people as a community still cannot get it together.
The irony of it is that slavery was invented on the continent of Africa. Whitey came, thought it was a good idea, and now whitey is blamed for it. :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
07-10-2009, 09:09 PM

but it does protect a group of people who are the largest group of criminals and welfare recipients.
well, technically there are more whites on welfare, but if you are talking percentages, blacks take it .... the law protects white people quite fine ... and if you don't like how blacks complain about being treated unfair, why are you complaining?

Miss Foxy
07-10-2009, 09:27 PM
The irony of it is that slavery was invented on the continent of Africa. Whitey came, thought it was a good idea, and now whitey is blamed for it. :laugh:
LOL!! :laugh: I like how you explained that...teehee..

Crisco
07-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I look at everyone the same I just think it's crazy that this is not considered a hate crime.

No one can deny that if the attackers where white and said this is a white world and the victum was black that Jesse Jackson wouldn't be on a flight right now with his soap box on carry on.

atomdanger
07-10-2009, 10:54 PM
well, technically there are more whites on welfare, but if you are talking percentages, blacks take it .... the law protects white people quite fine ... and if you don't like how blacks complain about being treated unfair, why are you complaining?

the law doesn't protect us equally.

If my brother and I run out and jump a black guy, calling him racial slurs,
we do SERIOUS prison time for a hate crime.

If the same happened to me, by two black men, they do minimal time,
no hate crime.

I am pointing out that the system is flawed,
in out attempt to makes things equal for them, we have in fact caused separation.
I think everybody should be equal, period. Drop the race thing, it shouldn't be ok for them to bitch about, I am sick of hearing it.

atomdanger
07-10-2009, 10:56 PM
It is getting hot in here!:scared0011: How about we redirect from a black/white thing and discuss whether you think hate crimes are equally prosecuted, and whether or not we need hate crimes legislation at all (this is important, because new hate crimes legislation is being debated currently). For example, does it matter if the 50 boys were animated by racial animus or whether they were a group of sociopaths looking to hurt anybody that got in their way for kicks? In both cases, the man is equally hurt and has the same time in the hospital and the same medical bills. I say punish all violent crimes harshly. No need to make protected classes. If a crime was committed, punish it. No extra punishment if the victim is gay, white, etc. Additionally, I think this case illustrates that hate crimes laws are not applied consistently (another reason not to have them).

I don't believe we should have hate crimes at all,
a judge has a sentencing range, if he feels a crime was heinous or esp vulgar,
he can sentence higher on that range.

I also don't think me beating you up for being black or gay,
should be any different from me beating you up for looking at me,
or just because I wanted to hurt somebody.

Rev
07-11-2009, 01:48 AM
At a time when we have a black man for President, I would say that the playing field is pretty level.

When i was in high school, and the cops would break up our fights,(thats right I wasnt always a preacher) they would beat the snott out of us with flashlights and black-jacks and whatever they could get a hold of. Nothing was ever said or done about it. Last year in our parish, a black dude who shot a cop, got punched in the face by another cop, and the blacks had a march through town.

The system is not equal but what are you gonna do? if you stay out of trouble than it wont effect you. Unless you fall victim to one of these crimes, in that case, bullets are cheap.

Mac
07-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Not really a "Stereotype" to assume Black folks commit more crimes.

Here is a published report from the fbi or something like that .

Second, Expanded Edition
Major Findings
• Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.
Crime Rates
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder,
and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely
than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and
Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of
the population that is black and Hispanic.
Interracial Crime
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving
blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive
percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are
Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are
black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against
a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes
against whites than vice versa.
Gangs
• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs.
Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
Incarceration
• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139
to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39
million.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are
three times more likely.

Mac
07-11-2009, 02:31 AM
old list , from 03 i think

Most Dangerous Cities in America:
1) Detroit-81% black, 10% white
2) St. Louis-51% black, 42% white
3)Flint-53% black, 40% white
4)Oakland-35% black, 23% white
5)Camden-53% black, 7% white
6) Birmingham-73% black, 23% white
7)North Charleston-49% black, 43% white
8) Memphis-61% black, 33% white
9) Richmond, Ca.- 36% black, 21% white
10) Cleveland- 51% black, 38% white

rockdawg21
07-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Not really a "Stereotype" to assume Black folks commit more crimes.

Here is a published report from the fbi or something like that .

Second, Expanded Edition
Major Findings
Crime Rates
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder,
and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely
than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and
Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of
the population that is black and Hispanic.
Interracial Crime
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving
blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive
percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are
Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are
black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against
a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes
against whites than vice versa.
Gangs
• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs.
Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
Incarceration
• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139
to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39
million.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are
three times more likely.
If anybody is interested, I could also post the facts from the 2009 World Almanac and Book of Facts. The above is very true.

Mac
07-11-2009, 02:37 AM
and what makes this even more alarming is i think that the percentage of blacks living in the us is only 13.5% , so take that low percentage , coupled with the high percentage from the previous post and it gets fairly staggering . Thats why i say its not stereotypical to assume , its just being bright enough to look at the numbers.

atomdanger
07-11-2009, 02:51 AM
and what makes this even more alarming is i think that the percentage of blacks living in the us is only 13.5% , so take that low percentage , coupled with the high percentage from the previous post and it gets fairly staggering . Thats why i say its not stereotypical to assume , its just being bright enough to look at the numbers.

Great info.

Exactly, it isn't a stereotype if the shoe fits

NateR
07-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Stereotypes usually have a grain of truth to them. When I took Psychology we learned about a nationwide study that was done on crime in America. It was learned that, while blacks only made up about 10% of the US population, they were responsible for 90% of the crime across the entire country.

They had to bury the results of that study since no Psychologists was willing to be branded a racist by reporting the truth.

What's really sad is how one white guy can shoot up the Holocaust Museum and the media will jump all over that as a sign of the evils of conservative, Christian, FOX News watching white people (even though, aside from being white, the guy who shot up the Holocaust Museum was non of those things). However, if anyone was to try to judge all blacks in America by the actions of these 50 teenagers, they would be branded a racist.

The double standard is sickening.

Rev
07-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Stereotypes usually have a grain of truth to them. When I took Psychology we learned about a nationwide study that was done on crime in America. It was learned that, while blacks only made up about 10% of the US population, they were responsible for 90% of the crime across the entire country.

They had to bury the results of that study since no Psychologists was willing to be branded a racist by reporting the truth.

What's really sad is how one white guy can shoot up the Holocaust Museum and the media will jump all over that as a sign of the evils of conservative, Christian, FOX News watching white people (even though, aside from being white, the guy who shot up the Holocaust Museum was non of those things). However, if anyone was to try to judge all blacks in America by the actions of these 50 teenagers, they would be branded a racist.

The double standard is sickening.

mmmmmmmm hhhhmmmmmmmm. amen, come on. lol

J.B.
07-11-2009, 04:57 PM
If anybody is interested, I could also post the facts from the 2009 World Almanac and Book of Facts. The above is very true.

Not all of those points are completely accurate.

That was a bad cut & paste job. I do agree with some of the stated "facts", but some of those points are clearly misleading.

Mac
07-11-2009, 05:08 PM
well yeah its cut and paste. Im not trying to pass it off as something i wrote. Just researched it and cut and pasted it .

J.B.
07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
well yeah its cut and paste. Im not trying to pass it off as something i wrote. Just researched it and cut and pasted it .

I know, but you just kinda said it was from the; "FBI or something"....It makes it hard to nail down who the actual source is...

We had a discussion similar to this on the old board and I posted a lot of those facts in a debate. I agree with most of it, but a few of the statements are a little off key IMO.

Yes, blacks do commit more crime, but there are other mitigating factors to be looked at as well.

Play The Man
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm sure that if crime statistics were posted comparing men vs. women that they would look even worse. As a man, I don't want to be lumped in with the criminals and I am sure a law-abiding minority does not want to be lumped in with minority criminals. Judge the individual, not the group.

J.B.
07-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm sure that if crime statistics were posted comparing men vs. women that they would look even worse. As a man, I don't want to be lumped in with the criminals and I am sure a law-abiding minority does not want to be lumped in with minority criminals. Judge the individual, not the group.

:wink:

Neezar
07-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Not all of those points are completely accurate.

That was a bad cut & paste job. I do agree with some of the stated "facts", but some of those points are clearly misleading.

So...the ones that you agree with are facts; the others are misleading?

:laugh:

Well, go ahead and enlighten us, if you like.

However, in this situation or this discussion I don't see how those mitigating factors are pertinent. He was posting facts that back up the basis of stereotyping blacks commiting more crimes. The mitigating factors of why they commit more crimes aren't really a mitigating factor in this conversation.

Neezar
07-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Most people don't want to be stereotyped. Although we all are in one way or another. Your screen name is Rev. That puts certain assumed perceptions out there right away. Stereotyping can't be ignored and it isn't always bad. We use a certain degree of stereotyping from the moment we are born. It is a wonderful tool for learning.

And, oh yeah, just because you stereotype someone does not mean you are judging them. :laugh:

J.B.
07-11-2009, 06:40 PM
So...the ones that you agree with are facts; the others are misleading?

:laugh:

Well, go ahead and enlighten us, if you like.

However, in this situation or this discussion I don't see how those mitigating factors are pertinent. He was posting facts that back up the basis of stereotyping blacks commiting more crimes. The mitigating factors of why they commit more crimes aren't really a mitigating factor in this conversation.

Of course they are pertinent. If you are going to make a sweeping generalization about a group of people you should at least be using factual and unbiased reports to base your opinion.

Not everything he posted can really be considered "facts", such as...

• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Those are misleading, as both are open to interpretation. It's one thing to state the facts in numbers, but to say there is NO bias in the justice system is just ridiculous. Then, to say that the best indicator of violent crime levels is directly proportionate to the population of black and hispanic is clearly a loaded statement. Which is why I question where that cut and paste actually came from. There is as much factual basis in those two statements as me saying "white men can't jump", or "blacks like fried chicken".

It's not just mitigating factors of "why", but also factors of how those statistics are calculated, and the manner in which they are presented. I agree with you about stereotypes, I just don't agree with the way some of those "facts" were presented.

Play The Man
07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Most people don't want to be stereotyped. Although we all are in one way or another. Your screen name is Rev. That puts certain assumed perceptions out there right away. Stereotyping can't be ignored and it isn't always bad. We use a certain degree of stereotyping from the moment we are born. It is a wonderful tool for learning.

And, oh yeah, just because you stereotype someone does not mean you are judging them. :laugh:

I think you must have me confused with someone else. I wrote the post that you quoted and my screen name isn't "Rev".

By the way, I don't disagree with your statement above, despite what I posted earlier. I was just trying to provide some balance or perspective to this thread.

For example, if it were late at night and I was walking home alone and didn't have a cellphone and I came upon a fork in the road and there were two ways to make it home - one road with a 20-year-old white man standing under a streetlight and one road with a 20-year-old black man standing under a streetlight - to be honest, without knowing anything else, I would chose the road with the white man standing under a streetlight. The reason being the crime statistics that were quoted earlier. However, if the white man was dressed like a gang member and the black man was wearing a suit and carrying a bible in his hand, I would chose the road with the black man. Additionally, if the ages were different, for instance, the black man was 75 and the white man was 20, I would go down the road with the black man. Am I discriminating by race in the first example? Yes. Am I discriminating by age and dress in the other examples? Yes. In the 2nd and 3rd example, more information trumps any preconceptions about race. Does using stereotypes to make decisions (as in these examples - race, age, dress) make me a bigot? I don't care, I want to make it home alive to my family.

By the same token, if I were in a position to hire a man for a job and I had two candidates in front of me, one being black and one being white, I wouldn't judge the black man based on racial crime statistics. I would check references, education, test scores, interview them, etc. They should be judged on their merits. In my opinion, that makes affirmative-action wrong.

Chuck
07-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Of course they are pertinent. If you are going to make a sweeping generalization about a group of people you should at least be using factual and unbiased reports to base your opinion.

• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Those are misleading, as both are open to interpretation. It's one thing to state the facts in numbers, but to say there is NO bias in the justice system is just ridiculous. Then, to say that the best indicator of violent crime levels is directly proportionate to the population of black and hispanic is clearly a loaded statement. Which is why I question where that cut and paste actually came from. There is as much factual basis in those two statements as me saying "white men can't jump", or "blacks like fried chicken".

It's not just mitigating factors of "why", but also factors of how those statistics are calculated, and the manner in which they are presented. I agree with you about stereotypes, I just don't agree with the way some of those "facts" were presented.

Agreed.... even the facts with percentages are a bit skewed but I still agree with the overall premise of the post...

We have a HUGE racial double standard in this country and it frustrates the heck out of me.

atomdanger
07-11-2009, 08:46 PM

IMO it doesn't matter if the the justice system is biased,
they aren't making people commit crimes.
What are they doing? Giving them more prison time maybe,
but they certainly aren't forcing them to do what they do.

atomdanger
07-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I think you must have me confused with someone else. I wrote the post that you quoted and my screen name isn't "Rev".

By the way, I don't disagree with your statement above, despite what I posted earlier. I was just trying to provide some balance or perspective to this thread.

For example, if it were late at night and I was walking home alone and didn't have a cellphone and I came upon a fork in the road and there were two ways to make it home - one road with a 20-year-old white man standing under a streetlight and one road with a 20-year-old black man standing under a streetlight - to be honest, without knowing anything else, I would chose the road with the white man standing under a streetlight. The reason being the crime statistics that were quoted earlier. However, if the white man was dressed like a gang member and the black man was wearing a suit and carrying a bible in his hand, I would chose the road with the black man. Additionally, if the ages were different, for instance, the black man was 75 and the white man was 20, I would go down the road with the black man. Am I discriminating by race in the first example? Yes. Am I discriminating by age and dress in the other examples? Yes. In the 2nd and 3rd example, more information trumps any preconceptions about race. Does using stereotypes to make decisions (as in these examples - race, age, dress) make me a bigot? I don't care, I want to make it home alive to my family.

By the same token, if I were in a position to hire a man for a job and I had two candidates in front of me, one being black and one being white, I wouldn't judge the black man based on racial crime statistics. I would check references, education, test scores, interview them, etc. They should be judged on their merits. In my opinion, that makes affirmative-action wrong.

Great post, well said.

Neezar
07-11-2009, 09:04 PM

:ashamed: Oops. Sorry.

Oh Well, I got my message across. :laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
The crime should be the same no matter what your skin color is!

J.B.
07-11-2009, 10:05 PM
IMO it doesn't matter if the the justice system is biased,
they aren't making people commit crimes.
What are they doing? Giving them more prison time maybe,
but they certainly aren't forcing them to do what they do.

I am not saying the justice system forces people to commit crime. What I am saying is that, there IS unjust bias, racial and otherwise, in the justice system, and it's not right.

Of course there is a huge double standard in this country, and you would need a really big iron to get that wrinkle out.

Deerstabber
07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
It all boils down to the White man getting soft throughout the years. We (whites) wont have this problem if we treated everyone like we did the american indian. Now that was an unjustice!

Crisco
07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
It all boils down to the White man getting soft throughout the years. We (whites) wont have this problem if we treated everyone like we did the american indian. Now that was an unjustice!

So many things wrong with this post but won't touch it lol.

We as a country will always have this problem. There are people in this country that want things and won;t work for them.

The double standard needs to end. This is a hate crime plain and simple.

Mac
07-13-2009, 09:08 PM
The crime should be the same no matter what your skin color is!

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 07:01 AM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/07/24/brick_thrown_through_window_of.html
Police are investigating a brick with an offensive message thrown into the window of an East Austin home.

The brick, thrown through a 4-year-old boy’s bedroom window, read “Keep Eastside Black. Keep Eastside Strong.”

The homeowner, Barbara Frische, who is white, said she has lived in the home for 10 years.

“It’s the first time anything like this has ever happened to me,” she said.

Frische was featured in a Statesman Watch article published in May in which she lobbied for action to be taken on a charred house that posed a safety hazard.

She has not received negative feedback from area residents about the article, she said, and does not believe this morning’s incident is connected to it.

Police have not classified this incident as a hate crime, said Austin Police Sgt. Richard Stresing, because hate crimes target an individual specifically because of an identifying characteristic, like race. Police say the incident has been classified as criminal mischief and deadly conduct.
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/austin/blotter/upload/2009/07/brick_thrown_through_window_of/brick.jpg

I started this thread with a different story which strongly suggested a crime based on racial hatred. I asked the rhetorical question: "What would it take for authorities to classify it as a "hate crime"?" I guess in this case, a brick through the window of a 4-year-old white child with the words "Keep Eastside Black" is not enough. Unbelievable!

que
07-26-2009, 06:01 PM

i agree 100%. blacks today never knew the white men who enslaved their ancestors, because that was a long time ago and those white people were not us. they were completely different people, and they are dead now. blacks have no excuse to blame anything on that past anymore because every day since then is a new day to start anew... but many of them choose not to.