PDA

View Full Version : VHS to DVD?

MattHughesRocks
07-08-2009, 05:24 AM
I have some old VHS ( I think that's what they are called:unsure-1: ) that I'd like to have made into DVD's. I've seen a couple of on line services that do that if you mail them in but am wary of sending my precious one of a kind tapes that may end up in never never land ( and I'm not talking about the ranch:laugh: )
Have any of you done thins or have capabilities to do it?

Hughes_GOAT
07-08-2009, 05:45 AM
take it to a local store so you won't have to mail it.

MattHughesRocks
07-08-2009, 05:57 AM
So they do it at Wal Mart or a CVS? I didn't even think about it being easy:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
07-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Thread over! :w00t:

http://photos.walmart.com/storepage/storePageId=Store+Only

Neezar
07-09-2009, 03:42 AM
I have some old VHS ( I think that's what they are called:unsure-1: )

:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
07-09-2009, 04:10 AM
The one I found had the year 1993 on it :scared0011: I brought it in and it takes up to three weeks for them to get it back:blink:

NateR
07-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Well, converting them is not a quick process. They have to first digitize the footage and get it into the computer, then export it back out and burn it to a DVD.

When I'm converting from tape to DVD it takes a lot of time. Usually however many hours of footage times 3 would be the bare minimum amount of time just to get it on the computer and ready to export. Burning it to DVD is another time consuming process.

A safe estimate would be 5 hours of work for every 1 hour of footage you are converting. And that's if the person has absolutely nothing else to do but convert video.

MattHughesRocks
07-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Wal Mart has nothing else to do :laugh:

Well, converting them is not a quick process. They have to first digitize the footage and get it into the computer, then export it back out and burn it to a DVD.

When I'm converting from tape to DVD it takes a lot of time. Usually however many hours of footage times 3 would be the bare minimum amount of time just to get it on the computer and ready to export. Burning it to DVD is another time consuming process.

A safe estimate would be 5 hours of work for every 1 hour of footage you are converting. And that's if the person has absolutely nothing else to do but convert video.

Crisco
07-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Tell your friends you wan't a beefier computer for Christmas this year :tongue0011:

atomdanger
07-09-2009, 11:46 PM
I have some old VHS ( I think that's what they are called:unsure-1: ) that I'd like to have made into DVD's. I've seen a couple of on line services that do that if you mail them in but am wary of sending my precious one of a kind tapes that may end up in never never land ( and I'm not talking about the ranch:laugh: )
Have any of you done thins or have capabilities to do it?

You can buy computer programs and cords to record from your VCR to PC,
then you can burn to DVD

bradwright
07-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Tell your friends you wan't a beefier computer for Christmas this year :tongue0011:
lol.

Bonnie
07-10-2009, 02:25 AM
The one I found had the year 1993 on it :scared0011: I brought it in and it takes up to three weeks for them to get it back:blink:

You did look at it before bringing it in didn't you? :huh: You don't want to end up like that teacher on the couch in everyone's living room or YOUtube... :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
07-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Well...can we just do a little forum prayer right now because I don't even have anything to play it on so I sent it in unseen and it's from the early 90's what was I thinking :scared0011: :scared0011: :scared0011: :scared0011: :scared0011: :scared0011:

You did look at it before bringing it in didn't you? :huh: You don't want to end up like that teacher on the couch in everyone's living room or YOUtube... :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
07-10-2009, 03:25 AM
get a Macbook

MattHughesRocks
07-10-2009, 03:32 AM
It's too late.The video is GONE :scared0011:

Besides, I only have the one tape, maybe a couple more if I looked hard enough but that would be the end of the tapes so I'd never use a device to do anymore so why spend the money honey?

get a Macbook

Hughes_GOAT
07-10-2009, 04:14 AM
you can still get a Macbook