PDA

View Full Version : Can You Pass the Latest U.S. Citizenship Test?

rockdawg21
07-04-2009, 07:50 PM
IMO, only 10% of the population would pass. We all seem to be pretty knowledgeable about U.S. History so I think from our pool of people, we will be a little better than average.

Anyways, here it goes:

0-20%: Maybe you're still thinking too much about the Old Country.

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

My Score: 85%

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25461301/?GT1=43001

matthughesfan21
07-04-2009, 08:04 PM
You answered 95% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

only missed 1...quite an easy test actually but i just finished american history 2 months ago, so its still fresh

13. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?

rockdawg21
07-04-2009, 08:22 PM
You answered 95% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

only missed 1...quite an easy test actually but i just finished american history 2 months ago, so its still fresh

Good stuff, but you're not supposed to share the answers! :tongue0011:

matthughesfan21
07-04-2009, 08:25 PM
i edited it to take at the answer

Play The Man
07-04-2009, 08:44 PM
You answered 100% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.) :frantics:

Chris F
07-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I got 95 % I did not know who Susan B was. With a Masters degree in History I would hope I would know better.

rockdawg21
07-04-2009, 08:50 PM
I got 95 % I did not know who Susan B was. With a Masters degree in History I would hope I would know better.
It's ok. She really wasn't very important.:laugh:

Chris F
07-04-2009, 08:56 PM
It's ok. She really wasn't very important.:laugh:

Must not have been because apart from her getting a dollar coin I have never heard of her. I could say more but that would give the answer away.:laugh:

NateR
07-04-2009, 08:57 PM
95% for me as well, I only missed #16, the question about who takes over if the President and Vice President can't serve. I knew that one too, but I second guessed myself at the last minute. :ashamed:

Chris F
07-04-2009, 09:07 PM
95% for me as well, I only missed #16, the question about who takes over if the President and Vice President can't serve. I knew that one too, but I second guessed myself at the last minute. :ashamed:

Lets hope Obama and Biden stay alive their entire term. :wink:

NateR
07-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Lets hope Obama and Biden stay alive their entire term. :wink:

Yes, the only thing worse than Obama as President would be that person as President. :scared0011:

rockdawg21
07-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes, the only thing worse than Obama as President would be that person as President. :scared0011:
That is pretty sad to say somebody could actually be worse than Obama!

atomdanger
07-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I'll be satisfied when they stop offering the test in other languages.
75 percent here.

rockdawg21
07-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I'll be satisfied when they stop offering the test in other languages.
75 percent here.
I agree, but that would be "racist"?! :blink:

atomdanger
07-05-2009, 01:04 AM
I agree, but that would be "racist"?! :blink:

I don't really care, but no, I don't think so.
I don't care what race you are, you should have to read / write at least in decent English to be a US citizen.

Its BS. An example I use often is our state (Washington) spends almost 10 million dollars a year translating tests into other languages.
For junior high and high school kids. All the liberals dance and get happy because our school system is "Multi cultural"

Rev
07-05-2009, 01:16 AM
The west side of Washington must be alot different than the east side. i lived in Cheney for a little while and they all hated foreigners. But that is right next to the military base so I guess that has something to do with it. Idaho was awesome when I lived there, they didnt let the kids who couldnt speak english in school because they refused to have to pay for an extra teacher or special services for the kids. I dont blame the kids but my parents taught me english because we live in America. If you want to speak anyother languages as well, cool but at least speak English man.

rockdawg21
07-05-2009, 01:57 AM
The west side of Washington must be alot different than the east side. i lived in Cheney for a little while and they all hated foreigners. But that is right next to the military base so I guess that has something to do with it. Idaho was awesome when I lived there, they didnt let the kids who couldnt speak english in school because they refused to have to pay for an extra teacher or special services for the kids. I dont blame the kids but my parents taught me english because we live in America. If you want to speak anyother languages as well, cool but at least speak English man.
Washington has a pretty large migrant population. I sell library books and other teacher professional materials and they had the national migrant show in San Antonio this year. There were tons of representatives there from Washington, I was shocked.

Play The Man
07-05-2009, 04:02 AM
IMO, only 10% of the population would pass. We all seem to be pretty knowledgeable about U.S. History so I think from our pool of people, we will be a little better than average.

You are probably correct. During a recent trip I picked up a book in the airport bookstore entitled: The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future - *Or Don't Trust Anyone Under 30. In brief, the author, an English professor, thinks that the current generation under 30 is the least knowledgeable in recent history. He theorizes it is because they don't read books - any books - whether fiction or nonfiction; ancient history or science fiction; reading as assigned in school or for pleasure. He attributes the lack of reading to time spent in other pursuits such as: video games, Ipods, the internet, texting, Facebook, etc.

He relates some pretty grim statistics that make the average under 30 look like one of the interviewees of a "Jay-walking" segment on the Tonight Show. In a 2003 study of 15 to 26 year-olds, only 10% could identify the Speaker of the House, while 64% knew the latest American Idol. A 2004 study showed only one-quarter of 18 to 24 year-olds could identify Dick Cheney as the vice-president. A 1998 study of teenagers showed that only 41% could name the three branches of government (59% identified the Three Stooges by name). The 250-page book is filled with study after study, painting a devastating picture.

Chuck
07-05-2009, 04:53 AM

Where did you live bro? I'm a life long Tacoma resident until just a few years ago.....

Eastern Wa. could be a separate state then W. Washington... They are sooooo different. I loved the east side of the state. I hope to have a summer home there someday. Maybe in Crescent Bar on the Columbia....

Chuck
07-05-2009, 05:05 AM
85% for me... Should have been a 90%... I knew the answer to one of the 3 I missed... but the other two..... No clue!!!:laugh:

atomdanger
07-05-2009, 06:47 AM

Really? Man.. don't go to Yakima. Eastern Washington is pretty full of mexicans.
Well, at least the Yakima area is.

but yeah, WW is pretty bad as far as immigrants from south of us,
although, nobody has it as bad as California and other southern states.

For the record I don't care what race somebody is, Mexican, Brazilian, Guatemalan, French, German, whatever...
I don't want to pay to make your life easier here, *shrug*. If I moved to one of those countries I wouldn't expect them to put everything into English.

rockdawg21
07-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Really? Man.. don't go to Yakima. Eastern Washington is pretty full of mexicans.

For the record I don't care what race somebody is, Mexican, Brazilian, Guatemalan, French, German, whatever...
I don't want to pay to make your life easier here, *shrug*. If I moved to one of those countries I wouldn't expect them to put everything into English.
I've always been critical of that as well. Was just curious if you've ever been to any of those countries or any 3rd world countries in general? I really don't care that they are here, I just want them to speak English (although I speak Spanish) and pay taxes, as far as I'm concerned, that makes it "legal".

If you or I lived in one of those countries, you can be 100% sure we would at least try to come to the U.S. as well.

Chris F
07-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Why did Obama choose Biden as his VP? Anyone?

And, are y'all referring to N. Pelosi?

Can't say Bonnie or it would give away an answer. :)

Tyburn
07-05-2009, 05:27 PM
70 percent And I'm not American

:laugh:

Pastor Chris has told me I cant tell you what I got wrong :'(

Chris F
07-05-2009, 05:30 PM
70 percent And I'm not American

:laugh:

Dave you are not suppose to reveal the answers hopefully a mod will delete them

atomdanger
07-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I've always been critical of that as well. Was just curious if you've ever been to any of those countries or any 3rd world countries in general? I really don't care that they are here, I just want them to speak English (although I speak Spanish) and pay taxes, as far as I'm concerned, that makes it "legal".

If you or I lived in one of those countries, you can be 100% sure we would at least try to come to the U.S. as well.

I have been to other countries.

I understand why they are coming, I didn't mean to come off like that at all.

Tyburn
07-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Dave you are not suppose to reveal the answers hopefully a mod will delete them
:ashamed:

Hope your happy now

Chuck
07-05-2009, 08:28 PM

I couldn't agree more. I think millions of dollars are wasted on crap like that...

and don't get me started on illegal imigrants... :angry:

Bonnie
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Can't say Bonnie or it would give away an answer. :)

Sorry, my bad! Wasn't thinking... :rolleyes:

I deleted my post btw if you want to delete your reply that "shows" my post, etc.... feel free to do so. :)

rockdawg21
07-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I have been to other countries.

I understand why they are coming, I didn't mean to come off like that at all.
No need to apologize, just wondered if you'd ever viewed it from the other side of the coin. :)

Bonnie
07-05-2009, 09:34 PM
I've looked at it from their side (the poor people) and you're right, if that was me, I'd probably be swimming the Rio right now. However, we can sympathize with their plight and still be upset with what has happened and is still happening to our country because of illegal immigration. I understand why they want to come, but what boggles the mind, is our government and their short-sightedness (cheap labor) in allowing this to go on and on and on...

I guess Mexico will eventually get Texas back along with quite a few other territories. :wink:

Rev
07-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Where did you live bro? I'm a life long Tacoma resident until just a few years ago.....

Eastern Wa. could be a separate state then W. Washington... They are sooooo different. I loved the east side of the state. I hope to have a summer home there someday. Maybe in Crescent Bar on the Columbia....
right outside of Spokane.

VCURamFan
07-06-2009, 03:20 PM
You answered 100% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

Yeah, baby!!