PDA

View Full Version : Nick Diaz vs Joe Riggs 2 On Aug 15

Country Breakfast
06-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Nick Diaz vs. Joe Riggs II set for “Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg”
June 29, 2009 by Cory Brady

Nick Diaz is expected to face off with an old rival in Joe Riggs on August 15 on the undercard of Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg.

The event is scheduled to take place at the HP Pavillion in San Jose, California.

Sources within Strikeforce recently confirmed the bout according to a recent report on Carson’s Corner.

This bout between the two will be the second professional mixed martial arts match-up but their third fight as the two traded blows in the hospital following their first encounter.

Riggs won the previous match-up between the two at UFC 57 as he edged out Diaz in a hard fought unanimous decision victory.

Diaz last saw action on May 6 where he submitted Scott Smith with a rear naked choke in the third round of “Strikeforce: Lawler vs. Shields”,the same card where Riggs bested Phil Baroni by unanimous decision in his last outing.

Maldonado136
06-30-2009, 03:56 AM
awesome. i think diaz will handle him this time around

Hughes_GOAT
06-30-2009, 04:06 AM
Diaz is on a roll

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 05:03 PM
awesome. i think diaz will handle him this time aroundYeah, this'll be another W for Diaz. I'm really enjoying his fights recently, mainly because I don't listen to much of his pre-fight talk, so I don't get annoyed by his antics!:laugh:

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 05:24 PM
War DIAZ.. He's putting in his work and is progressing as a fighter I just love it.. I just love all the Diaz haters especially, because its people like that who give him more fuel!!

Jeff Crow
06-30-2009, 05:28 PM
I think Diaz will win this one too. Although Riggs looked pretty good against Baroni. I just wonder if Rigg's hands are healing up ok and if he will be able to get some good training in by then?? I can't remember if he broke 1 or both hands either?

Maldonado136
06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
War DIAZ.. He's putting in his work and is progressing as a fighter I just love it.. I just love all the Diaz haters especially, because its people like that who give him more fuel!!

i agree. i also love gsp haters..:)

:laugh:

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
i agree. i also love gsp haters..:)

Ahh you love me!! :laugh:

Maldonado136
06-30-2009, 05:31 PM
I think Diaz will win this one too. Although Riggs looked pretty good against Baroni. I just wonder if Rigg's hands are healing up ok and if he will be able to get some good training in by then?? I can't remember if he broke 1 or both hands either?

it was both hands

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 05:33 PM
War DIAZ.. He's putting in his work and is progressing as a fighter I just love it.. I just love all the Diaz haters especially, because its people like that who give him more fuel!!Well then brings up an interesting point: If you want him to win, then should you turn into a hater? I mean if you want to encourage him to be better, then shouldn't you become that which fuels him most?:Whistle:

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Well then brings up an interesting point: If you want him to win, then should you turn into a hater? I mean if you want to encourage him to be better, then shouldn't you become that which fuels him most?:Whistle:
Dang thats a good one!! Haha!! Actually I requested him to my myspace and he never added me jerk! lol..

Josh
06-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Diaz needs to come back to the UFC. Riggs is not on his level anymore.

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Diaz needs to come back to the UFC. Riggs is not on his level anymore.
Your absolutely right. Its kind of a sucky match-up for talent considering Riggs hands. Diaz needs to fight UFC caliber fighters I agree with that.. The victory would be much sweeter..

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Dang thats a good one!! Haha!! Actually I requested him to my myspace and he never added me jerk! lol..See, now just start semding him angry messages. Then, when he beats Riggs, you can take credit for it!!:happydancing:

Chuck
06-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Riggs all the way!!!

My hatred for all things Diaz is well documented on this board so I'll spare you all by not listing my reasons...

I'll cheer for ALMOST anybody who is fighting a Diaz. They're vile punks who are bad for the sport.

I hope somebody, someday beats them both into retirement.....

With all that being said......

They are both very good fighters and I would be shocked if Riggs pulls this off. I can respect their skills but not enough to look past that disgusting thug mentality.

Black Mamba
07-01-2009, 01:54 AM
War Diaz! :punch:

I have always been a fan of the Diaz brothers, especially Nate. There's something about Nate that I love. Nick has a rough spot with me since he knocked out Robbie, but I'm getting over it.

Hughes_GOAT
07-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Dang thats a good one!! Haha!! Actually I requested him to my myspace and he never added me jerk! lol..
he added me and Nate too!

Liddellfan
07-01-2009, 06:05 AM
Joe Riggs is nowhere near the level of Nick Diaz as a fighter. I say Diaz takes this fight, any way he wants....
He needs to get back into the UFC, there are many interesting fights for him there. Depending on which weight class he would fight in. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Anderson Silva for the title....Diaz takes that fight too.

:punch: WAR DIAZ!!!!!!!!:punch:

Jason 16
07-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Joe Riggs is nowhere near the level of Nick Diaz as a fighter. I say Diaz takes this fight, any way he wants....
He needs to get back into the UFC, there are many interesting fights for him there. Depending on which weight class he would fight in. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Anderson Silva for the title....Diaz takes that fight too.

umm... yea and Iam shour that you think he can beat GSP as well dont you

Hughes_GOAT
07-01-2009, 06:44 AM

i was with you right up til the Anderson Silva part.

VCURamFan
07-01-2009, 01:48 PM
i was with you right up til the Anderson Silva part.That'd be a great fight, but I don't think Nick's stand-up is good enough to hang with Anderson, which means we'd be in danger of seeing another Thales fight. Well, except for the fact that Diaz won't wanna look like a [w]ussy & wouldn't fall on his arse all the time.

Blmfighter
07-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I hopw Riggs wins this fight!

Jason 16
07-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I hopw Riggs wins this fight!
Same I hope Riggs by TKO

Miss Foxy
07-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Riggs aint gonna win this fight let alone by a KO...:laugh: As far as him ever going up against Anderson Silva I don't think he would win the first few times...

Crisco
07-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Riggs has skills and if he can get himself inside Nicks bee stings he may put Diaz in trouble.

I don't see Riggs winning this fight though. Nick is better then him at everything.

Chuck
07-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Riggs has skills and if he can get himself inside Nicks bee stings he may put Diaz in trouble.

I don't see Riggs winning this fight though. Nick is better then him at everything.

Chuck
07-02-2009, 02:08 PM
War Diaz! :punch:

I have always been a fan of the Diaz brothers, especially Nate. There's something about Nate that I love. Nick has a rough spot with me since he knocked out Robbie, but I'm getting over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIQ-e_6QUt4

Tyburn
07-05-2009, 03:46 PM
I vote for Diaz :)

Neezar
07-06-2009, 03:56 AM
I vote for Diaz :)

'Bout time.:laugh:

Buc Nasty
07-06-2009, 12:14 PM
War Nick!

rearnakedchoke
07-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Nick will win this .. hopefully he comes to the UFC and fights some of their WW's ... i'd love to see GSP pummel him ...

chunk liddell
07-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I think riggs has a good chance to beat nick!!!!!! Cant wait to see that fight!!!!!

EHLERZ5
07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Has it really been that long since Riggs fought? If he broke both hands, and it was recent, don't you think they'll bust again right away? Any doctors in the house???

Skills - Diaz
Power - Riggs

Hopefully a good show!

Rev
07-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Don't like Diaz, hope Riggs ends it fast.

Neezar
07-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Sig bet anyone? I'm taking Diaz! :happydancing:

Hughes_GOAT
07-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Sig bet anyone? I'm taking Riggs! :happydancing:
fixed.

now i'll take the bet.

Neezar
07-07-2009, 05:09 AM
fixed.

now i'll take the bet.

It would almost be worth it to chance a freak accident just to own your sig for a bit but.....nah, can't go against Nick. He's hot right now.

Jason 16
07-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Sig bet anyone? I'm taking Diaz! :happydancing:
Ill take it

Neezar
07-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Ill take it

Well, don't you have one with Crisco for UFC?

Hughes_GOAT
07-08-2009, 05:42 AM
It would almost be worth it to chance a freak accident just to own your sig for a bit but.....nah, can't go against Nick. He's hot right now.
oh well

stevy1222
07-09-2009, 05:46 AM
oh man, i can't wait to see these fights. my friend and i just bought our tickets. can't wait to see diaz vs. riggs. i think thomson vs. melendez will be a better fight though.

Jason 16
07-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, don't you have one with Crisco for UFC?
yea and Iam going to win that one too:wink:

Crisco
07-10-2009, 06:29 PM
lol you will fail. Both times. Don't worry Neezar I'll split his sig with you.