PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 2

Crisco
06-29-2009, 08:55 PM
I saw it Yesterday.

I know it is getting a bad rap and all but I really enjoyed it.

I thought they fixed a lot of what was wrong with the first one.

such as:

1) They slowed the battle scene down a bit so you can actually see the fight and tell the bots apart.

2) They gave the bots a bigger part in the movie. There was a lot more going on with the bots in this one instead of the stupid one liners.

3) Bay did an excellent job with the action.

All in all I give the movie an 8/10 and I recommend anyone that likes transformers to go see it.

They critics don't know what they are talking about on this one.

NateR
06-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I was NOT a fan of the first Transformers at all; but I really enjoyed this one. I do agree that they fixed a lot of problems with the first movie. Still too much focus on the human characters, but at least they didn't dominate the movie this time around. They really didn't need to go through the whole "son goes to college" sequence, just show Sam in a college classroom and the audience would figure it out.

My biggest problem is the amount of sexual innuendo in the film, considering it's marketed as a kids' movie, and Bay's ridiculous and sometimes disgusting sense of humor (does ANYONE think that dogs humping is funny? I sure don't). I really didn't like the "Ghettobots" either. Just pointless urban stereotypes.

However, aside from those problems, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I know Mark and his son, Marshall, liked it.

Crisco
06-29-2009, 09:44 PM
I was NOT a fan of the first Transformers at all; but I really enjoyed this one. I do agree that they fixed a lot of problems with the first movie. Still too much focus on the human characters, but at least they didn't dominate the movie this time around. They really didn't need to go through the whole "son goes to college" sequence, just show Sam in a college classroom and the audience would figure it out.

My biggest problem is the amount of sexual innuendo in the film, considering it's marketed as a kids' movie, and Bay's ridiculous and sometimes disgusting sense of humor (does ANYONE think that dogs humping is funny? I sure don't). I really didn't like the "Ghettobots" either. Just pointless urban stereotypes.

However, aside from those problems, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I know Mark and his son, Marshall, liked it.

The biggest improvement I think was the ability to actually see the battles take place. My biggest gripe with the first movie was everything was so jumbled and fast you couldn't see anything. I'm glad Bay fixed it and I hope they go ahead and make a 3.

Miss Foxy
06-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I never even seen the first one, and my BF took me to see this on Saturday and I absolutely loved it!! :)

Chuck
06-29-2009, 11:56 PM
I would have to echo what Nate shared.. I felt uncomfortable having my children there watching 2 dogs simulate sex and a robot humping a leg.. I did find a robot with testicles a little on the funny side but I think that's a little different then the simulated sex scenes.

The fights with the robots were slower but honestly... I still can't tell Ironhide from Megatron from Starscream during a fight scenes. I really hated the ghettobots but I appreciated the fact that they had distinct colors so it was easier to make them out during a fight.

O. Prime finally acted like I thought he should and kicked some butt.. I really enjoyed the scene where he had the plasma swords or whatever they were.. I remember that from the cartoon and thought that was a great addition to the movie.

Megan Fox...... she's ok but I could have done with a little less of her being "sexed" up...

And that's all I got to say about that.....:wink:

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 12:22 AM
I have firmly decided that not a cent of my money will go to this franchise if I can help it, due to Megan's bigoted remarks. I'm not saying I won't illegally download them so I can enjoy Bay's work, but I will not financially contribute to Megan Fox if I can help it.

Vizion
06-30-2009, 12:48 AM
I have firmly decided that not a cent of my money will go to this franchise if I can help it, due to Megan's bigoted remarks. I'm not saying I won't illegally download them so I can enjoy Bay's work, but I will not financially contribute to Megan Fox if I can help it.
Word up. I will not spend a penny on this because Megan Fox is in it. Period.

surveyorshawn
06-30-2009, 01:33 AM

Just as long as you don't spend any money on it.....lol! I could recommend someone to hook you up, but then I would be an accessory, so I will just let you download it, then you can send it to me!

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 01:56 AM
Just as long as you don't spend any money on it.....lol! I could recommend someone to hook you up, but then I would be an accessory, so I will just let you download it, then you can send it to me!O, so you won't be an accessory, but I'm allowed to be? :laugh:

surveyorshawn
06-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Well, you were already thinking about downloading it, so I won't have officially corrupted you by suggesting that to you....lol

que
07-04-2009, 03:44 PM
i don't know if i want to spend my money on this one. judging from most of the reviews, it is BAD. it has a score of 20% on rottentomatoes. that's 20% out of 206 critics around the world. even ebert gave it 1 star and i agree with almost all of his reviews, and he gave the first trasnformers movie 3 stars. i know you can't always judge a movie based on what the critics say, but usually when a movie hits as incredibly low as 20% on RT, 9 times out of 10 it turns out to be truly bad

an interesting note, the first transformers got almost a 60% out of 206 reviews, a huge increase from 20%

i really hope it's not as bad as what everyone is saying. i'll watch it this week just out of curiousity and report back. maybe i'll be wrong and it will be the greatest piece of cinema i have ever seen in my life.