PDA

View Full Version : What would you have for your last meal?

Play The Man
06-28-2009, 07:15 AM
http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jan/14/food/fo-matters14

Meals to Die For" will be published by Paige Corp. of San Antonio, whose president, Frank Wesch, is Price's nephew. The 504-page book will contain Price's personal recollections of the execution day for each of the 220 killers whose last meals he cooked, as well as his accounts of the cases that led to 42 of the executions. Although I often buy cookbooks for my wife, I don't expect "Meals to Die For" to be on my shopping list; Lucy's taste runs more to salmon with red wine mushroom sauce than to Price's "Last-wish fish with time's-up tartar sauce."

Hold the onions

Not that fish was a death row favorite. What was? I guessed steak as the top choice. I was wrong. It's French fries. Of the 314 inmates, 111 asked for fries. (Apparently, one's last meal is not an occasion to worry about government studies that say fries are one of the most unhealthful foods on the planet.)

Hamburgers were the second-most-popular food, with 85 requests. Price's cookbook calls the inmates' favorite final meal "chopping block cheeseburger and firing squad French fries." (I guess killers in Texas aren't completely different from the rest of us; according to two-thirds of the respondents in a nationwide poll by Food & Wine magazine last year, a burger and fries is seen as "the quintessential American food.")

There were 54 last-meal requests for steak (mostly T-bone) in Texas, but none was honored. "We give them what they ask for but only if it's available in the prison cafeteria -- and we don't have T-bone steaks for inmates," says Larry Todd, a former official with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

The Great State of Texas also declines to fulfill requests for alcohol or tobacco. But it did honor 56 inmates' final requests for ice cream (plus 19 more for milkshakes) and 50 for chicken (mostly fried).

Some prisoners' requests were remarkably specific: "Two bacon cheeseburgers (cut the onions), deep-fried home fries (with chili powder on top); two scotch eggs (boiled and packed in a sausage roll, battered and deep-fried and served with syrup)."

Other final dinner orders were stunning in sheer volume: "Twenty-four soft shell tacos, six enchiladas, six tostadas, two whole onions, five jalapenos, two cheeseburgers, one chocolate shake, one quart of milk."

A few inmates' requests were surprisingly ascetic. "An apple." "A jar of dill pickles." "One pot of coffee." "One flour tortilla and water."

My favorite food changes every few months. I guess if I had to choose right now I would go with lamb chops with garlic mashed potatoes and a pint of Fat Tire beer. Dessert would be a slice of Key Lime pie and a cup of black Kona coffee. I'll pass on the tobacco.

What would you choose? Be reasonable! You can't have a bottle of wine from Monticello's wine cellar and you can't eat meat from an endangered species. Unlike the Texas prison system, the Matt Hughes forum will allow you to order steak, drink alcohol and smoke a cigar, if you so desire.

Primadawn
06-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I would have toasted ravioli and pepperoni pizza from Imo's. Yummmmm:w00t:

Tyburn
06-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Not sure I'd have much of an apetite to be fair :unsure-1:

I'd probably just ask for like a half roast chicken with vegetables and with either chips or roasted potatoes. I'd like some cheesecake or lemon sorbet for desert too please.

I dont drink Alcohol...and I dont smoke...although I have had cigars in the past on the odd special occasion :ninja: I'd just go for full fat cola I think to drink.

Chances are i'd eat half of it and either go completely off it...or...puke it all back up. :laugh: Course it depends what execution method they were using...I think I'd be really nervous if it was electrocution or gas....but if it was just an injection, or any other method...I'd probably finish my dinner and ask for seconds

"one day this must end, it isnt real, still I'll enjoy a hearty meal before tommorows execution" (the Character who sings the song is murdered later in the play I believe :laugh: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paNXhv2GuTw

TexasRN
06-29-2009, 01:21 AM
I would have really great sushi that's prepared from fish that were alive less than 12 hours prior to my ingesting it.

~Amy

Play The Man
06-29-2009, 01:48 AM
Not sure I'd have much of an apetite to be fair :unsure-1:

I'd probably just ask for like a half roast chicken with vegetables and with either chips or roasted potatoes. I'd like some cheesecake or lemon sorbet for desert too please.

I dont drink Alcohol...and I dont smoke...although I have had cigars in the past on the odd special occasion :ninja: I'd just go for full fat cola I think to drink.

Chances are i'd eat half of it and either go completely off it...or...puke it all back up. :laugh: Course it depends what execution method they were using...I think I'd be really nervous if it was electrocution or gas....but if it was just an injection, or any other method...I'd probably finish my dinner and ask for seconds

"one day this must end, it isnt real, still I'll enjoy a hearty meal before tommorows execution" (the Character who sings the song is murdered later in the play I believe :laugh: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paNXhv2GuTw

You bring up a good point. I think if I were truly facing death I would probably fast.

matthughesfan21
06-29-2009, 01:56 AM
steak and ribs with an appetizer of some sort of seafood

Tyburn
06-29-2009, 01:56 AM
You bring up a good point. I think if I were truly facing death I would probably fast.
I couldnt die on an empty stomach though

...not completely.

For me it really rather depends on how I die. I dont fear Death...I do fear dying certain ways...if that makes sense. I dont know what electrocution is like..so that would frighten me to face it...I dont want to burn, drown or be gassed...anything else doesnt really bother me too much. I have an extremely High physical pain threshold, I fair extremely well under very specific types of mental anguish.

I'm not emotionally strong though, I have an anxiety disorder that can flare up...but its dependant on very particular kinds of stress...I can take Stress which would break others...and snap under the stress of everyday living if that makes sense...like Existential Angst can crack me up....but solitary confinement in a claustrophobic cell for example wouldnt break me :laugh:

Play The Man
06-29-2009, 02:20 AM
I couldnt die on an empty stomach though

...not completely.

For me it really rather depends on how I die. I dont fear Death...I do fear dying certain ways...if that makes sense. I dont know what electrocution is like..so that would frighten me to face it...I dont want to burn, drown or be gassed...anything else doesnt really bother me too much. I have an extremely High physical pain threshold, I fair extremely well under very specific types of mental anguish.

I'm not emotionally strong though, I have an anxiety disorder that can flare up...but its dependant on very particular kinds of stress...I can take Stress which would break others...and snap under the stress of everyday living if that makes sense...like Existential Angst can crack me up....but solitary confinement in a claustrophobic cell for example wouldnt break me :laugh:
Texas and most other states have moved to lethal injection so you wouldn't have to worry about pain. First, they administer sodium thiopental which renders the prisoner unconscious. That is quickly followed by pancuronium which paralyzes the diaphragm and high dose potassium which induces a fatal dysrhythmia. Unlike most of their victims the prisoners in Texas die a painless death. A few states have other forms of the death penalty such as: hanging, gas chamber, electrocution or firing squad.

TexasRN
06-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Texas and most other states have moved to lethal injection so you wouldn't have to worry about pain. First, they administer sodium thiopental which renders the prisoner unconscious. That is quickly followed by pancuronium which paralyzes the diaphragm and high dose potassium which induces a fatal dysrhythmia. Unlike most of their victims the prisoners in Texas die a painless death. A few states have other forms of the death penalty such as: hanging, gas chamber, electrocution or firing squad.

Texas rocks. :laugh:

~Amy

Chuck
06-29-2009, 03:38 AM
My wife makes an amazing Chicken Tetrazzini... toss a little shrimp in there and a nice glass of Root Beer.... Damn I'm hungry now!!!!

rockdawg21
06-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard
Pancakes with peanut butter and hot syrup
Oreo Cookies
Milk

rockdawg21
06-29-2009, 03:51 AM
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard
Pancakes with peanut butter and hot syrup
Oreo Cookies
Milk

matthughesfan21
06-29-2009, 04:11 AM
My wife makes an amazing Chicken Tetrazzini... toss a little shrimp in there and a nice glass of Root Beer.... Damn I'm hungry now!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUzraG5yZN0

Chuck
06-29-2009, 04:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUzraG5yZN0

:blink:

How do you find these??? :D

matthughesfan21
06-29-2009, 04:26 AM
:blink:

How do you find these??? :Dthe soup is one of my favorite shows, and when i saw chicken tetrazinni, that is the first thing that popped into my head....They made fun of that for like a month

Tyburn
06-29-2009, 11:10 AM
A few states have other forms of the death penalty such as: hanging, gas chamber, electrocution or firing squad.
:laugh: Do you know the origins of my Screen name?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_sM86GnH7A

You might have noticed I like to use videos to explain myself, believe me when I say, you'd understand in shorter time watching a video, then you would reading my Dave-Ku hahahahahaha

rearnakedchoke
06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
something i have never had before (knowingly) ... like roasted dog, tiger or human ...

Tyburn
06-29-2009, 04:27 PM
or human ...
tastes like Chicken :blink: :laugh:

Llamafighter
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't know what kind of appetite I would actually have, but I think I would either do 15oz Filet with baked potato, with crab legs, and clam chowder. Oreo ice cream for dessert,
or
50 piece of sushi and sashimi with a big bowl of miso soup.

Pretty much I would try to eat myself to death.

Miss Foxy
06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I would have my moms Chicken soup.. :)

Crisco
06-29-2009, 06:33 PM
I would want a cake with a stun gun and keys to the prison doors in it cuz I'm getting the F out of dodge.

Jeff Crow
06-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I would want a cake with a stun gun and keys to the prison doors in it cuz I'm getting the F out of dodge.

I like the way you think!!!:happy0159:

surveyorshawn
06-30-2009, 12:22 AM

Don't quit 'till the very end!!!!

Tyburn
06-30-2009, 12:27 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

Crisco
06-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I'd rather go down fighting.

In movies you always see people get walked to their deaths or standing there pleading.

That stuff doesn't work. If you try and walk me some place to kill me you better be paying attention because I'll take your frigging head off before we get there lol.

que
06-30-2009, 05:33 PM
if i knew it was going to be my last meal i wouldn't be able to eat anything, like dave said, i wouldn't have an appetite. i would probably go do something else, more important. how could i think about what my last meal would be when i know i'm going to die in a few hours? i think i would go sky dive or buy a quick ticket to japan or new zealand if i had enough time. maybe rome

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm hoping my last meal will be through an IV/feeding tube combo as I void my bowels into a bedpan. I plan on being a laughingably old and useless burden to my family when I go.

For the sake of discussion, though, if I were a death row inmate, my last request would be for:

Caesar salad with oil & vinegar dressing
16oz. Porterhouse steak with A-1
Fully loaded sweet potatoe with brown sugar, cinammin & butter
Fresh picked & steamed green beans with slat, peppe & butter
Fresh baked bread with butter
Large slice of caramel cheesecake with chocolate syrup
Large Churchill cigar
Bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel Whiskey
M-16 with plenty of ammo so I can bust out with Crisco!!! :frantics:

Crisco
06-30-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm hoping my last meal will be through an IV/feeding tube combo as I void my bowels into a bedpan. I plan on being a laughingably old and useless burden to my family when I go.

For the sake of discussion, though, if I were a death row inmate, my last request would be for:

Large Churchill cigar

Brazil here we come!

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Brazil here we come!Ya darn tootin'! I've always wanted to hit Rio. We could also hit Curitiba. It'd be man times!!

Play The Man
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM

Large Churchill cigar

I am sorry Ben but as the originator of this thread I am going to have to make a citizen's arrest and confiscate your A-1 sauce for committing a culinary crime on a Porterhouse. Put down your steak knife and step away from the table!:wink:

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
I am sorry Ben but as the originator of this thread I am going to have to make a citizen's arrest and confiscate your A-1 sauce for committing a culinary crime on a Porterhouse. Put down your steak knife and step away from the table!:wink: NEVER!! YOU CAN TAKE MY CAESAR SALAD, BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE. MY. A-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!:punch: :punch:

Chuck
06-30-2009, 10:32 PM
NEVER!! YOU CAN TAKE MY CAESAR SALAD, BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE. MY. A-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!:punch: :punch:

Why would you ruin a great steak with A-1?????? :huh:

J.B.
06-30-2009, 10:44 PM
If I knew I was going to die I would not be hungry. :laugh:

I would not care. :mellow:

TENNESSEAN
06-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Liver with fava beans:sick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlkZVAw8Gc

Play The Man
06-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Liver with fava beans:sick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlkZVAw8Gc

And a nice Chianti?

J.B.
06-30-2009, 11:30 PM
FAVA BEANS!!! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkDu0zi0W2U
warning! dirty words

Play The Man
07-14-2009, 05:48 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532515,00.html?test=latestnews

LUCASVILLE, Ohio A former truck driver from Oregon who went on a multistate killing spree was executed Tuesday for murdering an Ohio man who gave him a ride in February 1991.

John Fautenberry, 45, was pronounced dead at 10:37 a.m. at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility, about two hours after the U.S. Supreme Court denied a request to delay his execution on a claim that he had brain damage.

He was sentenced to death for killing Joseph Daron Jr., 46, who picked up the hitchhiking Fautenberry east of Cincinnati.

Court records show Daron pleaded for his life before Fautenberry shot him and threw his body into a wooded area near the Ohio River.

Fautenberry gave up his right to a trial by jury in Cincinnati and pleaded no contest in July 1992 to two counts each of aggravated murder and grand theft and one count of aggravated robbery in Daron's death.

Fautenberry also confessed to killing four people in Alaska, Oregon and New Jersey over five months in late 1990 and early 1991.

His special meal request was two eggs sunny-side up, fried potatoes, two pieces of fried bologna, four pieces of wheat bread, two pieces of wheat toast with butter, four slices of tomato, a side of lettuce and mayonnaise, two Three Musketeers candy bars and two packages of Reese's peanut butter cups.