PDA

View Full Version : Buying a car off the internet HELP

Irish Pride
06-27-2009, 04:51 AM
I've found a car I'd like to buy from someone posting on the internet on a reliable classic car forum (Thehamb).

What do I need to know about how to protect myself and go about this deal? I've never bought a car off someone online before and the car would be shipped to me.

Only things I've done so far are: Spoken to him on the site, emailed him, spoken to him on the phone, spoken to another person who bought a car from him before (he had good experience with the seller), searched the forum for any bad information posted about him (nothing came up obviously)

Any help would be appreciated.

MattHughesRocks
06-27-2009, 04:55 AM
Can he give you any other references? Where does he live? I don't think that the sale of 1 car is enough.That could be fake.What state does he live in? And you?

Irish Pride
06-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Can he give you any other references? Where does he live? I don't think that the sale of 1 car is enough.That could be fake.What state does he live in? And you?

Unfortunately he lives in Washington state and I live on the freaking East coast. These deals happen all the time and are fine, but I'm just wary. I think speaking about it here on the forum will just make me more wary lol. :ninja:

Neezar
06-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Don't trust anyone from Washington.

:laugh:

Josh
06-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Washington is the greatest state in the USA so there is nothing to worry about as it is full of honest, good looking, intelligent and humble people like myself. In fact if you can afford it you should just send whatever you were going to spend on the car to him and let him have it since he would probably use the money to develop a cure for cancer...

Nah but really just get a million close up pictures and do the transaction through pay pal.

Josh
06-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Don't trust anyone from Washington.

:laugh:
You're dead to me...

Neezar
06-28-2009, 06:03 AM
You're dead to me...

NNNNOOOO!!!!! :cry:

I'm sorry! I didn't mean it.....Honest! :sad:

Mac
06-28-2009, 08:41 AM
So what are you buying off H.A.M.B. ? " Hokey Ass Message Board " for you not in the hotrod scene .

Irish you lookin at the 60 belair or the 36 dodge ? or somethin else ? Im a member over there . Some of the guys are great , some of the others , not so much lol.

Josh
06-28-2009, 04:50 PM
NNNNOOOO!!!!! :cry:

I'm sorry! I didn't mean it.....Honest! :sad:
All right you are alive again.:laugh:

Josh
06-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Where in Washington is the car at?

Neezar
06-28-2009, 04:51 PM
All right you are alive again.:laugh:

Whew! :biggrin-1: