PDA

View Full Version : Feminist parents keep 2-year-old's gender secret

Play The Man
06-26-2009, 09:17 PM
http://www.thelocal.se/20232/20090623/

A couple of Swedish parents have stirred up debate in the country by refusing to reveal whether their two-and-a-half-year-old child is a boy or a girl.
Popís parents [see footnote], both 24, made a decision when their baby was born to keep Popís sex a secret. Aside from a select few Ė those who have changed the childís diaper Ė nobody knows Popís gender; if anyone enquires, Popís parents simply say they donít disclose this information.

In an interview with newspaper Svenska Dagbladet in March, the parents were quoted saying their decision was rooted in the feminist philosophy that gender is a social construction.

Poor kid! If he is a boy, he will grow up to be a sitzpinkler!

rockdawg21
06-26-2009, 09:22 PM
http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/450/hss252_450.jpeg

Crisco
06-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Some people shouldn't reproduce.

Primadawn
06-26-2009, 09:45 PM
And gee...growing up with the name "Pop" isn't gonna scar the kid, right?

Play The Man
06-26-2009, 09:56 PM
And gee...growing up with the name "Pop" isn't gonna scar the kid, right?

There is a footnote buried in the bottom of the story at the link that says that the name "Pop" is not the child's real name but was only used for the purpose of the story. Perhaps "Pat" would be more appropriate (the name of the creepy, androgynous character played by Julia Sweeney in old "Saturday Night Live" skits)?

Primadawn
06-26-2009, 10:06 PM
There is a footnote buried in the bottom of the story at the link that says that the name "Pop" is not the child's real name but was only used for the purpose of the story. Perhaps "Pat" would be more appropriate (the name of the creepy, androgynous character played by Julia Sweeney in old "Saturday Night Live" skits)?

That's funny! Yesterday when I was out to lunch with a friend, we saw a "Pat". Sat for nearly 30 mins. trying to figure it out. :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Some people shouldn't reproduce.+juan

Seriously, screw age limits or aptitude tests, the world just needs to institute IQ tests for people that wanna drive or have kids or whatever.

MattHughesRocks
06-27-2009, 02:50 AM
EXACTLY was I thought when I saw this.Man that poor poor baby :cry:

Some people shouldn't reproduce.

matthughesfan21
06-27-2009, 04:25 AM
EXACTLY was I thought when I saw this.Man that poor poor baby :cry:hey Ben, speaking of instituting IQ tests:Whistle: :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
06-27-2009, 04:33 AM
And I still didnt fix it :laugh:

hey Ben, speaking of instituting IQ tests:Whistle: :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
06-27-2009, 04:43 AM
bunch of haters

i kid

VCURamFan
06-27-2009, 06:50 AM
And I still didnt fix it :laugh:Did you forget how again? :unsure-1:

Vizion
06-27-2009, 11:06 PM
wow - yay stupidity!

matthughesfan21
06-27-2009, 11:22 PM
And I still didnt fix it :laugh:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DWWAJ5P8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

J.B.
06-27-2009, 11:41 PM
http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/450/hss252_450.jpeg

http://www.iconarchive.com/icons/sykonist/south-park/Cartman-Special-Olympics-256x256.png

Bonnie
06-27-2009, 11:59 PM
+juan

Seriously, screw age limits or aptitude tests, the world just needs to institute IQ tests for people that wanna drive or have kids or whatever.

You can be IQ smart and have "zero" common sense. I fear that's the case here. :wacko:

I can picture it in my head, <the kid looking down at his/her "inny" or "outies" (and I don't mean bellybutton) and the idiot parents saying, "Honey, those are just the physical parts of a body, 'gender is just a social construction'."> :blink:

What brainless wonders! :headbanger:

Tyburn
06-28-2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.thelocal.se/20232/20090623/

Poor kid! If he is a boy, he will grow up to be a sitzpinkler!
Cant you tell from looking at it what Gender it is?

Maybe the poor thing is actually...a Herm or something...That would explain the worry about not telling the creature what it is. Supposing it has features of both...the answer lies in which set of gonads work :unsure-1:

Play The Man
06-29-2009, 02:07 AM

Maybe the poor thing is actually...a Herm or something...That would explain the worry about not telling the creature what it is. Supposing it has features of both...the answer lies in which set of gonads work :unsure-1:

No, if you read the full article at the link, it is pretty clear that the parents are performing their own little sociological experiment. In fact, they are expecting another child and are planning to do the same thing with the next child.

"Sitzpinkler" is a German word for a male who sits down on the toilet seat rather than stand while urinating. There is no exact synonym in the English language but I guess "pantywaist" or "milquetoast" would come close as an epithet although not expressing the exact meaning.

Unfortunately, there are cases where children are born with ambiguous genitalia. The article describes an unfortunate case of a male child who suffered from a botched circumcision and was raised as a girl. He had a conflicted life and eventually committed suicide.:sad:

rockdawg21
06-29-2009, 03:31 AM
http://www.iconarchive.com/icons/sykonist/south-park/Cartman-Special-Olympics-256x256.png
Haha, the servers blocked the image posting, but I followed the link! I loved it when he was watching a Kid Rock video to study for that part! :laugh:

Weird, now it's displaying?!

bj44
06-29-2009, 03:59 AM
omg somthing different and not "normal"

they can raise there kid how they want

NateR
06-29-2009, 04:03 AM
the world just needs to institute IQ tests for people that wanna drive or have kids or whatever.

Actually, that's what the IQ test was originally created for. It was a part of the Eugenics movement. The idea was that people who scored too low on the IQ test would be either discouraged from breeding or sterilized. The Nazis were big supporters of the idea that only certain people should be allowed to reproduce.

NateR
06-29-2009, 04:06 AM
omg somthing different and not "normal"

they can raise there kid how they want

The point is that children need to be raised in a loving and nurturing home, not treated like the subjects of some sociological experiment to reinforce the parents' political views.

Children should not be treated like some kind of science project.

Chuck
06-29-2009, 04:27 AM
Freaks...........

Adia
06-29-2009, 04:46 AM
I am all for not imposing stereotypical constraints on children (i.e. refusing to let girls wear blue and boys any variation of pink), but to deny a child a sense of identity and self...that's so far into the realm of depravity. There are many people in the world with gender identity disorder who haven't had upbringings such as this, why would you willingly burden your child this way?

Wow. First a kid named Adolf Hitler and now this. It's heartbreaking for those of us who can't conceive to know that there are people out there abusing the privilege they have to bring babies into the world.

Hughes_GOAT
06-29-2009, 06:00 AM

"the creature" :laugh: