PDA

View Full Version : My Affliction 3 stuff came

atomdanger
06-26-2009, 07:03 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ebbfva.jpg

Woot woot

Good sized poster, some cards, and a standup thing for a table?
I don't know what they are called.

Anybody else get some?

rockdawg21
06-26-2009, 07:23 PM
What's Affliction?

Tyburn
06-26-2009, 09:46 PM
:) I'm glad you got your stuff :)

Miss Foxy
06-26-2009, 11:13 PM
I just got a new Affliction shirt its bad *ss!!..

bj44
06-26-2009, 11:24 PM
What's Affliction?
clothing company every ufc fighter use to wear there clothing a few years ago... suprised u didnt notice :laugh:

rockdawg21
06-27-2009, 01:15 AM
clothing company every ufc fighter use to wear there clothing a few years ago... suprised u didnt notice :laugh:
It was a joke. I think it's funny to see everybody and their dog wearing an Affliction or Tapout shirt. Most people wearing them probably have no idea what either of them really are; kinda like the Fox Racing shirts and hats that have become a fad in the cities as well.

atomdanger
06-27-2009, 01:37 AM
It was a joke. I think it's funny to see everybody and their dog wearing an Affliction or Tapout shirt. Most people wearing them probably have no idea what either of them really are; kinda like the Fox Racing shirts and hats that have become a fad in the cities as well.

Why is that funny?
People who think everybody who wears affliction or tapout have to know everything about mma really piss me off.

I own nike shoes,
and I can't name more than 5 NBA, or NFL teams.
Or players for that matter.
That is how a brand transcends into mainstream culture.

Max
06-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Why is that funny?
People who think everybody who wears affliction or tapout have to know everything about mma really piss me off.

I own nike shoes,
yes and no. If you are gonna wear Nike shoes you should at least know they sponsor certain types of sports. If you are gonna wear DC shoes you should know they are skate shoes. IF you are gonna wear Tapout or affliction you should know the companies sponsor MMA. You dont have to know that much about the things the companies sponsor but at least they know what they are.

VCURamFan
06-27-2009, 01:57 AM
I'll prolly get mine in a day or two, then. My Affliction & FIGHT! Magazines always seem to arrive about 2-3 days after yours do.

rockdawg21
06-27-2009, 02:17 AM
Why is that funny?

I own nike shoes,
They're just being trendy, it's dumb to wear Affliction or Tapout shirts and know jack **** about MMA. It annoys me as much as people wearing Fox Racing shirts who know jack **** about MX racing. Trendy people suck.

What's also dumb is the commercial with the Tapout guys saying "It's more than just wearing a t-shirt" or something like that. They're full of **** too.

Liddellfan
06-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Anybody else notice that when they advertise a "Fedor fight" they market it as FEDOR vs ARLOVSKI, FEDOR ve SYLVIA FEDOR vs BARNETT...... Why don't they use his last name like they do all other fighters??

Max
06-27-2009, 05:15 AM
Anybody else notice that when they advertise a "Fedor fight" they market it as FEDOR vs ARLOVSKI, FEDOR ve SYLVIA FEDOR vs BARNETT...... Why don't they use his last name like they do all other fighters??
because people can pronounce Fedor easier than Emelianenko

Neezar
06-27-2009, 05:39 AM
They're just being trendy, it's dumb to wear Affliction or Tapout shirts and know jack **** about MMA. It annoys me as much as people wearing Fox Racing shirts who know jack **** about MX racing. Trendy people suck.

What's also dumb is the commercial with the Tapout guys saying "It's more than just wearing a t-shirt" or something like that. They're full of **** too.

Soooo....:unsure-1: Do you think I should trash my shirt with the French writing? Cause I sure as hell can't read it.

:laugh:

atomdanger
06-27-2009, 05:48 AM

I think thats stupid.
You have no idea why people are buying the clothes.
How do you kow its just to be trendy? They might just like the clothes.
You sound like a pretty pretty princess lol

Again, I know jack about baseball, basketball, and football, but I own nike crap,
and UA too.

Its silly to say people can't buy activewear without knowing about the sport.
they sell tapout at big 5

logrus
06-27-2009, 07:52 AM
I think thats stupid.

Again, I know jack about baseball, basketball, and football, but I own nike crap,
and UA too.

You know what grinds my gears. People who laughed and made fun of me for sporting my Tapout shirts and then 3 months later are wearing the same thing because some brotha deemed it cool. Foxy, Vans, MMA wear, its all the same thing, it was a joke and then became cool, and now everyone wants on the bandwagon for nothing more.

Its a fad, and when something else is deemed a fad, they will move on like every other time.

rockdawg21
06-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I think thats stupid.

and UA too.

People are buying the clothes because it's trendy. They see other people wearing the clothes, think they need to have one, so they go to the trendy stores and buy the trendy clothes. All those stores like Abercrombie, American Eagle, the Buckle, etc. are just trendy clothes that aren't any better than shopping at Wal-Mart or JCPenney. If knowing about contact sports like Affliction and Tapout and racing sports like Fox Racing makes me a pretty pretty princess, then that makes everybody else a bunch of peasants for wearing clothing when the know jack **** about the label or what they really represent. :laugh:

Like logrus said, it's just a fad, and when the next one comes, they'll forget about Affliction, Tapout, Fox Racing, clothes and go onto the next fad.

rockdawg21
06-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Soooo....:unsure-1: Do you think I should trash my shirt with the French writing? Cause I sure as hell can't read it.

Ugh, if it had anything written in French on it, you should have given it to Dave so he can burn it. :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-27-2009, 02:53 PM
People are buying the clothes because it's trendy. They see other people wearing the clothes, think they need to have one, so they go to the trendy stores and buy the trendy clothes. All those stores like Abercrombie, American Eagle, the Buckle, etc. are just trendy clothes that aren't any better than shopping at Wal-Mart or JCPenney. If knowing about contact sports like Affliction and Tapout and racing sports like Fox Racing makes me a pretty pretty princess, then that makes everybody else a bunch of peasants for wearing clothing when the know jack **** about the label or what they really represent. :laugh:

Like logrus said, it's just a fad, and when the next one comes, they'll forget about Affliction, Tapout, Fox Racing, clothes and go onto the next fad.Only the hot chicks, please!!!

logrus
06-27-2009, 05:33 PM
I know those people who love clothes still aren't loving their parachute pants and Zebras.

cubsfan47
06-28-2009, 01:02 PM
You know what grinds my gears. People who laughed and made fun of me for sporting my Tapout shirts and then 3 months later are wearing the same thing because some brotha deemed it cool. Foxy, Vans, MMA wear, its all the same thing, it was a joke and then became cool, and now everyone wants on the bandwagon for nothing more.

Its a fad, and when something else is deemed a fad, they will move on like every other time.

Well said.

A lot of people who know Tapout don't know much else. I wear a lot of American Fighter shirts. The response a lot of times is "what's that?" Those who attend local MMA events always know, but the bandwagon UFC fans are clueless.

Oh yeah, I wear Affliction shirts from time to time. I think some of them are cool. But I am 62. Is that too old to be wearing Affliction?:wink:

Tyburn
06-28-2009, 02:10 PM
But I am 62.
Are you Kidding?? :huh:

You might be Our most...erm...senior...of patrons! :scared0015: :)

I know that there are several MMA fans in their 80s, Who are Hughes Fans...my Gran is one of them :happydancing: but most that ive heard are women, and they dont post on Forums :laugh:

cubsfan47
06-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Are you Kidding?? :huh:

You might be Our most...erm...senior...of patrons! :scared0015: :)

I know that there are several MMA fans in their 80s, Who are Hughes Fans...my Gran is one of them :happydancing: but most that ive heard are women, and they dont post on Forums :laugh:

Not kidding at all. You won't find me posting much, but I do enjoy reading the discussions. I have learned a lot.

I wish MMA had been around when I was younger. Oh well, never to late to learn.:)

rockdawg21
06-29-2009, 12:43 PM
I was in Kansas City this past weekend. I saw a guy wearing an Affliction shirt so I decided that I would keep a tally for the day. I walked up to him and asked him if he knew what Affliction was and what it represented and he said "No, I just like the shirt."

Total tally:

7 Affliction shirts - 1 knew what it was
4 Tapout shirts - 2 knew it had been advertisted on tv, but didn't know what it was.

Talk about tools.

Tyburn
06-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Not kidding at all. You won't find me posting much, but I do enjoy reading the discussions. I have learned a lot.

I wish MMA had been around when I was younger. Oh well, never to late to learn.:)
Its never too late to learn Martial Arts...after all...think of the Grand Masters of some of the Oriental Training Camps...they are said to be far older then yourself...and they can still like do stuff...still teach classes and the likes, even when they are nearing their Centuries. :scared0015:

Llamafighter
06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Its never too late to learn Martial Arts...after all...think of the Grand Masters of some of the Oriental Training Camps...they are said to be far older then yourself...and they can still like do stuff...still teach classes and the likes, even when they are nearing their Centuries. :scared0015:

:blink:
Are you sure you're not 80, Dave?:laugh:

Tyburn
06-29-2009, 01:53 PM
:blink:
Are you sure you're not 80, Dave?:laugh:

Only in the mind.

There was only one physiological thing that came back to me after my MRI scan to clear up once and for all whether my ailment was physical, or psycho-somatic.

That was that there is a method of dating the brain. Basically you look at the size of the vacuoles in the centre. The older the brain, the larger the vacuoles. had they used that method of dating my brain...it would have appeared to belong to the body of a Human nearly half a century in age.

I am just over a quarter, roughly half that age :blink:

Miss Foxy
06-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I have been rocking FOX clothing for a while. I literally spend about $200 bucks a month on FOX clothes..:ashamed: I wear Metal Mulisha, SO-CAL, Tap-Out, and Punishment...

newpowersoul
06-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I have been rocking FOX clothing for a while. I literally spend about $200 bucks a month on FOX clothes..:ashamed: I wear Metal Mulisha, SO-CAL, Tap-Out, and Punishment...

I am sure you can get away with wearing whatever you like, and I am glad that you are comfortable doing so. Cheers!

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 05:26 PM
I am sure you can get away with wearing whatever you like, and I am glad that you are comfortable doing so. Cheers!
Thanks :wink: Hopefully soon I will be trading in my Fox clothing for a uniform!! Haha..

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks :wink: Hopefully soon I will be trading in my Fox clothing for a uniform!! Haha..Did GOAT manage to convince you to go Navy for the Dress Whites?:laugh:

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Did GOAT manage to convince you to go Navy for the Dress Whites?:laugh:
LOL.. Actually my dad was a sailor so before I chose to have a baby I was going to enlist in the Navy since I am a daddys girl and my dad raised me the first few years of my life I always wanted to make him proud. My brother is a sailor as well.

Maldonado136
07-01-2009, 08:10 PM
i got my affliction 3 stuff today and i didnt even order it!!

Tyburn
07-01-2009, 08:33 PM
i got my affliction 3 stuff today and i didnt even order it!!
:laugh: :laugh:

Should I be expecting some stuff too :w00t:

Hughes_GOAT
07-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Did GOAT manage to convince you to go Navy for the Dress Whites?:laugh:
i am very persuasive.

Hughes_GOAT
07-02-2009, 07:39 AM
LOL.. Actually my dad was a sailor so before I chose to have a baby I was going to enlist in the Navy since I am a daddys girl and my dad raised me the first few years of my life I always wanted to make him proud. My brother is a sailor as well.
yeah, we'll go with this :laugh: