PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson heartattack***Dead***

Pages : [1] 2

Chuck
06-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Thursday, June 25, 2009; 5:29 PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop star Michael Jackson has been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home, the Los Angeles Times reported on Thursday.

The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

No further details were immediately available, and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.

Jackson, 50, is due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits include "Thriller" and "Billy Jean," has been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.
ad_icon

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within hours of going on sale in March.

Jackson, who started out as a child star in the band "The Jackson 5" more than 40 years ago, has lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There have been concerns about Jackson's health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.

(Additional Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Jackie Frank)

This isn't looking good for Michael... we might have lost he King of Pop... :cry:

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 10:51 PM
apparently he suffered a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital and is in bad shape

EDIT: according to TMZ he has just passed away

the king of pop is dead at age 50

I don't like Michael Jackson and I thought he was a pedophile who deserved to be in jail...but I don't wish death upon anyone.

Michael Jackson Dies

Posted Jun 25th 2009 5:20PM by TMZ Staff

Michael JacksonWe've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Jackson had 13 number one hits during his solo career

Story developing...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-death-dead-cardiac-arrest/

ufcfan2
06-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Apparently MJ has died from a massive heart attack at the age of 54. First Ed,Farrah,and now MJ as they say it comes in 3's.
I'll admit I liked some of his earlier music when I was young,but fell out of favor with all these accusations...

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Thursday, June 25, 2009; 5:29 PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop star Michael Jackson has been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home, the Los Angeles Times reported on Thursday.

The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

No further details were immediately available, and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.

Jackson, 50, is due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits include "Thriller" and "Billy Jean," has been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.
ad_icon

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within hours of going on sale in March.

Jackson, who started out as a child star in the band "The Jackson 5" more than 40 years ago, has lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There have been concerns about Jackson's health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.

(Additional Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Jackie Frank)

This isn't looking good for Michael... we might have lost he King of Pop... :cry:we both started threads at the same time, tmz(not sure how accurate, but they broke the news first) he passed away

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 11:00 PM
no major news outlets are reporting that Michael has died...but TMZ did broke the hospitilization news first, and they are reporting that he has died, its a wait and see to see if their latest report is indeed true or if they are just jumping the gun

J.B.
06-25-2009, 11:03 PM
NO F***ING WAY :blink:

NO.....

J.B.
06-25-2009, 11:04 PM
OMG....:frantics:

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
still no reports coming from the major news outlets, they are just doing there usual repetive coverage with no real answers....TMZ states they received news from a source...I guess it will just take some time to find out if that source is credible or not

ufcfan2
06-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Apparently hes not dead yet haven't heard anything from any major news outlets.

J.B.
06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Think of him whatever you want.... but I was a huge fan growing up and he was probably the best singer our generation has ever seen... :cry:

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Apparently hes not dead yet haven't heard anything from any major news outlets.
thats not necessarily true, major news outlets usually do take slightly longer because judging by their coverage, they are trying to get the news from the hospital, and thats not going to happen given confidentiality laws

Chuck
06-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Think of him whatever you want.... but I was a huge fan growing up and he was probably the best singer our generation has ever seen... :cry:

Agreed.... definitely one of the greatest entertainers in history.

J.B.
06-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Agreed.... definitely one of the greatest entertainers in history.

He was a giant musical influence on me, and if this is true my heart is very heavy right now...:sad:

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Think of him whatever you want.... but I was a huge fan growing up and he was probably the best singer our generation has ever seen... :cry:I'll be honest, I don't like him one bit, that is as a person and an artist...I won't be grieving if this is true, but at the same time, I am sad for his family and those close to him.

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 11:22 PM
LA Times just broke the news that he died...So its now the LA Times, TMZ, and OK magazine all reporting it...It's true guys, sad sad story

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 11:24 PM
MSNBC has now changed their coverage to "Michael Jackson Dead"...they are reporting the news by way of the LA Times, the other news sites are not reporting it yet, but are sure to follow suit

J.B.
06-25-2009, 11:25 PM
I'll be honest, I don't like him one bit, that is as a person and an artist...I won't be grieving if this is true, but at the same time, I am sad for his family and those close to him.

Sorry, but if you can't respect his talent as an artist, you are crazy... not to sound rude, but that's just how I feel.

As a person, you did not know him, but you are free to make your own decisions as to his character. I think he had some issues, obviously, but I also think he was a product of being shoved in the lime-light at the age of 6.

If he has passed, it's a sad thing.

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Sorry, but if you can't respect his talent as an artist, you are crazy... not to sound rude, but that's just how I feel.

As a person, you did not know him, but you are free to make your own decisions as to his character. I think he had some issues, obviously, but I also think he was a product of being shoved in the lime-light at the age of 6.

If he has passed, it's a sad thing.
I didn't say I didn't RESPECT his talent...I just said I don't like his music...I don't like pop music

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 11:27 PM
CNN is now reporting the la times news, but saying they (CNN) have not confirmed

J.B.
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM
I didn't say I didn't RESPECT his talent...I just said I don't like his music...I don't like pop music

Word...:wink:

J.B.
06-25-2009, 11:31 PM
I waited for FOX news to report the truth...

This sucks....:cry:

matthughesfan21
06-25-2009, 11:31 PM
every major news outlet(CNN, foxnews, MSNBC) is now reporting the news...prayers are with the family

mikthehick
06-25-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm watching MSNBC now only because I don't get FOX.

O my gosh, this is crazy.

What's really the saddest part is his 3 kids. And he's my parent's age too. I guess sudden stuff happens, but it's definitely a big shock.

Chuck
06-25-2009, 11:42 PM
This is really sad... :cry: :cry:

J.B.
06-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Classic stuff....:)

Jackson 5 "I Want You Back"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfJu_Bom2sA

"Don't Stop Till You Get Enough"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk&feature=related

"Smooth Criminal"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WjOn5TNjBM&feature=channel

Tyburn
06-25-2009, 11:48 PM
The British Broadcasting Company has just announced the untimely death of Singer Michael Jackson :unsure-1:

Chuck
06-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Classic stuff....:)

Jackson 5 "I Want You Back"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfJu_Bom2sA

"Don't Stop Till You Get Enough"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk&feature=related

"Smooth Criminal"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WjOn5TNjBM&feature=channel

Classics....

Can't forget "Man in the Mirror"....

J.B.
06-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Classics....

Can't forget "Man in the Mirror"....

I could have posted a countless number of songs....:)

I'm still in shock... how crappy....

Miss Foxy
06-26-2009, 12:04 AM
How sad..:sad: He was a legend especially his dancing skills!!

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Aside from the fact that he's a child molester I will always play my "Ultimate Collection" CD's.

WTF how bizarre!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/smoothcriminal.gif

Tyburn
06-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Aside from the fact that he's a child molester I will always play my "Ultimate Collection" CD's.

WTF how bizarre!

Sudden death I think.

We've been told that he collapsed at home and was found in a coma, and was dead on arrival to hospital, suspected heart attack.

I didnt like him, nor his music that much, but you cant deny that he has been one of the most influential soloists in music since Elvis. :blink:

matthughesfan21
06-26-2009, 12:13 AM
for you michael jackson fans, MTV is playing his videos in kind of a memorial deal...check it out if you like his music

matthughesfan21
06-26-2009, 12:18 AM
I've heard people wondering why the heart problems given the fact he wasn't fat...but its no secret Michael was not a healthy person and did not treat his body greatly, so given how skinny he was and some of the habits he had, heart troubles would still be a possibility

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm going to bet money on his body was filled with RX drugs and some doctors are going down at a later date.

rearnakedchoke
06-26-2009, 12:51 AM
RIP Michael ... You are the Greatest ...

J.B.
06-26-2009, 12:52 AM
They are playing JAM right now... good stuff...MICHAEL JACKSON AND MICHAEL JORDAN!!!

Mac
06-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Man , Front row seats just became the bad seats. Thats Gonna Stink.

NateR
06-26-2009, 01:21 AM
I've heard people wondering why the heart problems given the fact he wasn't fat...but its no secret Michael was not a healthy person and did not treat his body greatly, so given how skinny he was and some of the habits he had, heart troubles would still be a possibility

Well, heart disease is about 50% genetic. So no matter how healthy or in shape you are, if you're genetically predisposed to have a bad heart, then there is little you can do to stop it. Look at John Ritter, that heart attack had been encoded into his DNA from the moment of conception. Regardless of how he treated his body, his heart was just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

That's not saying that Jackson was the picture of health either. Alcohol and drug use are just as bad for your heart as clogged arteries.

matthughesfan21
06-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Man , Front row seats just became the bad seats. Thats Gonna Stink.
:jaw-dropping:

*waits for the backlash*

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 01:41 AM
There will be no back lash...that's just Mac being Mac.

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 02:04 AM
ok, so he died. let's move along.

oh, and Elvis > Michael

J.B.
06-26-2009, 02:06 AM

oh, and Elvis > Michael

Elivs died on the crapper from pills....and was just as over hyped as Jackson but with half the musical talent.

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 02:10 AM
I think Michael Jackson may have been the most talented person on earth but I say he died in a very simular fashion as Elvis ( I just don't know about the crapper part )

Elivs died on the crapper from pills....and was just as over hyped as Jackson but with half the musical talent.

J.B.
06-26-2009, 02:15 AM
I think Michael Jackson may have been the most talented person on earth but I say he died in a very simular fashion as Elvis ( I just don't know about the crapper part )

I know, I got that part, the crapper was just icing on the cake.

and yes, he was probably the most talented SINGER on earth, it's a sad day for music....:cry:

and we were just talking about Farrah Faucet, they say it comes in 3's..... :blink:

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 02:17 AM
who cares how he died? they're both dead. and the only things Michael did better than Elvis was molesting boys and dancing.

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 02:36 AM
Oh please, don't offend us folks with an eye/ear for real talent.Elvis was hotter in his younger days but that's where it ends as far as him being on the same level as Jackson the molester :angry:

I forgot Michael used to be cute to! :w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDxsM5jLNxM&feature=related

who cares how he died? they're both dead. and the only things Michael did better than Elvis was molesting boys and dancing.

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 02:37 AM
Oh yes, singer. It's not like he played anything more then the air guitar :laugh:

And it came in 4's. You forgot about Grasshopper :sad:

I know, I got that part, the crapper was just icing on the cake.

and yes, he was probably the most talented SINGER on earth, it's a sad day for music....:cry:

and we were just talking about Farrah Faucet, they say it comes in 3's..... :blink:

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Oh please, don't offend us folks with an eye/ear for real talent.Elvis was hotter in his younger days but that's where it ends as far as him being on the same level as Jackson the molester :angry:

I forgot Michael used to be cute to! :w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDxsM5jLNxM&feature=related
says the Rod Stewart fan!

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 02:39 AM
I think Prince takes it as all around or, since this is an mma board "well rounded" in the talent department :wink:

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Oh not you to. You should see the video I got via text from Mac :laugh:
I'll tell you once, leave the love of my life out of this :angry:

says the Rod Stewart fan!

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 02:48 AM
Oh not you to. You should see the video I got via text from Mac :laugh:
I'll tell you once, leave the love of my life out of this :angry:
Rod > Michael

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 02:49 AM
just kidding

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 02:50 AM
I don't know if it's on everyone elses news but they just showed a helicopter picking up Jackson's body from the hospital and taking it to the LA County morgue.They also had a short news conference with his brother Jermaine announcing Michael's death.

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 02:52 AM
And last but not least...the best rendition of Man In The Mirror ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zpTQCQEFhg

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 02:56 AM
oh stop it Michelle. this is unhealthy.

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 02:59 AM
No wait! THIS is the best ever!:w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4s16pzRYqU

This is from "The Ultimate Collection" It's got 3 CDs and 1 DVD.It's awesome!

And last but not least...the best rendition of Man In The Mirror ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zpTQCQEFhg

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 03:00 AM
I'm on youtube :unsure-1:

oh stop it Michelle. this is unhealthy.

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 03:01 AM
And Goat, you need to listen to Man In The Mirror :wink:

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Nooo!!!

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Click it. I dare you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4s16pzRYqU

Nooo!!!

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm still on youtube.You have to watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7MmEMrCRfc&feature=related

Look at that man dance!

J.B.
06-26-2009, 03:37 AM
Those are GREAT...

GOAT is just a hater, his opinions are meaningless....

More GREAT MJ....

"Leave Me Alone" - something people should have done with Jackson AND Tyson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5KAJw4y8wE

"Scream" - a great duet he did with his sister Janet. For the time,I really liked the heavy edge to this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkVaYlrfh8

:wink:

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 03:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZz-q8CRLE&NR=1

And Stranger in Moscow never sounded so good either :frantics:

Mac
06-26-2009, 04:34 AM
Michelle . I heard a pretty interesting piece of info about Your Love , Rod Stewart today on the radio . Did you know he use to be a grave digger in Ireland i think ?

Mac
06-26-2009, 04:35 AM
Ohh , and as for my comment .

I have no respect or remorse for a child molester .

Play The Man
06-26-2009, 04:40 AM
Well, heart disease is about 50% genetic. So no matter how healthy or in shape you are, if you're genetically predisposed to have a bad heart, then there is little you can do to stop it. Look at John Ritter, that heart attack had been encoded into his DNA from the moment of conception. Regardless of how he treated his body, his heart was just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

That's not saying that Jackson was the picture of health either. Alcohol and drug use are just as bad for your heart as clogged arteries.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2501305/Michael-Jackson-is-dead-after-suffering-heart-attack.html

He collapsed and stopped breathing after an injection of a powerful painkiller named Demerol.

Jacko, 50, was said to be addicted to the drug - similar to morphine - and it is feared he took an overdose.

I am not sure how reliable a source The Sun is, but if this is true he likely suffered a respiratory arrest first due to respiratory center depression from the opioid and then subsequently had a cardiac arrest from the lack of oxygen. He could have had pristine coronary arteries and still suffered a cardiac arrest.

As a minor point of clarification, John Ritter died from an aortic dissection. A "heart attack" is a myocardial infarction and is caused by a blockage of a coronary artery. It is possible that he did also suffer a myocardial infarction ("heart attack") if the aortic dissection compromised the lumen of a coronary artery. I am not aware of all the details of his case, but he probably died of an aortic rupture rather than a myocardial infarction. In any case, I have seen reports that he had a congenital condition, so your point about him having a "ticking time bomb" is still true.

Mac
06-26-2009, 04:44 AM

No . He was an entertainer.

You want a great SINGER . A man with an excellent singing voice , unique like no other ........................

Roy Orbison . That man was amazing

As my uncle John would say , " He could sing the phone book and it would sound amazing"

J.B.
06-26-2009, 05:04 AM

You want a great SINGER . A man with an excellent singing voice , unique like no other ........................

Roy Orbison . That man was amazing

As my uncle John would say , " He could sing the phone book and it would sound amazing"

Hey bro, I love Roy Orbison, but we are talking about two different breeds here.

You cannot say Michael Jackson is not a good singer...:laugh:

Believe me Mac, I know where you are coming from, but I just don't agree on this one.... MJ could sing brother! :)

Neezar
06-26-2009, 05:28 AM

oh, and Elvis > Michael

:happydancing:

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 05:32 AM
England.Before he joined his first band.NEXT!

Michelle . I heard a pretty interesting piece of info about Your Love , Rod Stewart today on the radio . Did you know he use to be a grave digger in Ireland i think ?

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 05:35 AM
For the record, me either.But I can't help but to seperate Michael the perv from the music maker that I have listened to my entire life.I saw the best, yet short post on another forum regading his death "well, no more sex with little boys for you".Simple and to the point.

Ohh , and as for my comment .

I have no respect or remorse for a child molester .

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 05:43 AM
The Sun is based out of England and the autopsy won't be done at least until tomorrow.So for now, it's just a bunch of guessing going on.I just hope that his Dr doesnt perform it.You can bet he'd cover up if he over perscribed him anything.Remember Anna Nicole? I think there are two Dr's being charged for over prescribing her drugs.Drs like that are scum of the earth.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2501305/Michael-Jackson-is-dead-after-suffering-heart-attack.html

I am not sure how reliable a source The Sun is, but if this is true he likely suffered a respiratory arrest first due to respiratory center depression from the opioid and then subsequently had a cardiac arrest from the lack of oxygen. He could have had pristine coronary arteries and still suffered a cardiac arrest.

As a minor point of clarification, John Ritter died from an aortic dissection. A "heart attack" is a myocardial infarction and is caused by a blockage of a coronary artery. It is possible that he did also suffer a myocardial infarction ("heart attack") if the aortic dissection compromised the lumen of a coronary artery. I am not aware of all the details of his case, but he probably died of an aortic rupture rather than a myocardial infarction. In any case, I have seen reports that he had a congenital condition, so your point about him having a "ticking time bomb" is still true.

J.B.
06-26-2009, 05:56 AM
http://www.megfblack.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/Thriller.jpg
It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark
Under the moonlight, you see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream but terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes
You're paralyzed

'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
And no one's gonna save you from the beast about strike
You know it's thriller, thriller night
You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight

You hear the door slam and realize there's nowhere left to run
You feel the cold hand and wonder if you'll ever see the sun
You close your eyes and hope that this is just imagination, girl!
But all the while you hear the creature creeping up behind
You're out of time

There ain't no second chance against the thing with forty eyes, girl
Thriller, thriller night
You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight

Night creatures calling, the dead start to walk in their masquerade
There's no escaping the jaws of the alien this time
(They're open wide)
This is the end of your life

They're out to get you, there's demons closing in on every side
They will possess you unless you change that number on your dial
Now is the time for you and I to cuddle close together, yeah
All through the night I'll save you from the terror on the screen
I'll make you see

That this is thriller, thriller night
'Cause I can thrill you more than any ghost would ever dare try
Thriller, thriller night
So let me hold you tight and share a
Killer, diller, chiller, thriller here tonight

Girl, I can thrill you more than any ghost would ever dare try
Thriller, thriller night
So let me hold you tight and share a killer, thriller, ow!

(I'm gonna thrill ya tonight)
Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'alls neighborhood

I'm gonna thrill ya tonight, ooh baby
I'm gonna thrill ya tonight, oh darlin'
Thriller night, baby, ooh!

The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom

And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 06:04 AM
I actually knew one of those monster dancers :laugh:

J.B.
06-26-2009, 06:27 AM
I actually knew one of those monster dancers :laugh:

Thats awesome!

Michael looks so good there, thats how I like to remember him, the good times...:)

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Those are GREAT...

GOAT is just a hater, his opinions are meaningless....

only because you don't agree :laugh:

so much for respecting differing opinions.

chum567
06-26-2009, 06:44 AM
well as a person i think he was weird and that he was guilty of some of the things accused of.....i also think drugs were involved.....i do think his music was great and the he changed pop culture....his death is this generations elvis....his death is overshadowing farrahs big time......my mom that was alive for both elvis' and MJs death said so far elvis' was bigger...such as the reaction and everything....my dad thinks he faked it and is living on an island with tupac and elvis

fav songs.....
get into me ft. slash
billie jean
man in the mirror

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 06:44 AM

agreed

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 06:45 AM
:happydancing:
i'm glad you agree

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Well thank GOD Tupac is alive anyway! :w00t:

well as a person i think he was weird and that he was guilty of some of the things accused of.....i also think drugs were involved.....i do think his music was great and the he changed pop culture....his death is this generations elvis....his death is overshadowing farrahs big time......my mom that was alive for both elvis' and MJs death said so far elvis' was bigger...such as the reaction and everything....my dad thinks he faked it and is living on an island with tupac and elvis

fav songs.....
get into me ft. slash
billie jean
man in the mirror

chum567
06-26-2009, 06:51 AM
yeah tupac has 3 new albums coming out soon lol and i saw elvis walking down the street last month

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 06:52 AM
my mom that was alive for both elvis' and MJs death said so far elvis' was bigger...such as the reaction and everything....
of course....because Elvis was/is/and will always be bigger than Michael.

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Well thank GOD Tupac is alive anyway! :w00t:
California Love

chum567
06-26-2009, 06:56 AM

yeah so far michaels death is celebrating and singing and of course those that cry but my mom said people were hysterical when elvis died....she was a senior in hs and said people were literally going crazy........BUT also elvis was one of the first major icons to suddenly die so people really didnt know how to react

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 07:02 AM
yeah so far michaels death is celebrating and singing and of course those that cry but my mom said people were hysterical when elvis died....she was a senior in hs and said people were literally going crazy........
he died 32 years ago and Graceland is the 2nd most visited tourist site in America.

32 years from now Jackson will still be a freak who wasn't relevant for almost 20 years leading up to his death.

J.B.
06-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Awesome GOAT, really classy:applause:

You Win...:wink:

atomdanger
06-26-2009, 09:29 AM

Come on now.

Elvis has sold more records, but MJ did more as a whole, by far.

From Wiki
five of his solo studio albums have become some of the world's best-selling records: Off the Wall (1979), Thriller (1982), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991) and HIStory (1995). Thriller has remained the biggest selling album of all time with reported sales of 109 million and a Recording Industry Association of America certification of 28 million units.[2]

Through his group, solo, and family work, he became one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. Jackson's other achievements include 13 Guinness World Records—including one for "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time"—19 Grammy Awards, 22 American Music Awards, 12 World Music Awards and the sale of over 750 million units worldwide.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
06-26-2009, 09:34 AM
My thoughts are one less Pedophile in the world!

que
06-26-2009, 10:36 AM
IMO michael jackson was/is the biggest and greatest entertainer/dancer/singer the music industry has ever seen. and that is coming from a huge beatles fan (my favorite band ever)

thriller has sold more records than any album in the history of the world

i think he was bigger and definitely more talented, creative and versatile than elvis... by far.

what did elvis ever do besides shake his hips and do crappy acting? his music was one dimensional compared to jackson and all his songs sounded the same.

not saying elvis was bad by any means. he was great, but michael jackson was on a whole nother level as a creative artist and entertainer.

Vizion
06-26-2009, 12:52 PM
My thoughts are one less Pedophile in the world!and it's about TIME!!:w00t:

Bonnie
06-26-2009, 01:10 PM

Elvis is bigger. Why do you think MJ wanted Elvis' little girl? Why he had to have the Beatles' catalogue?

I think, at one point, MJ was a genius, but like Howard Hughes, he tipped over the edge and he became what we saw the last 20 years or so.

People don't have to knock Elvis to acknowledge Michael Jackson's contribution to music. They are both legends (in different times) for what they brought to music and the world.

Both had something special with their music and that something something about them that touched a lot of people and both died way too young. :cool:

Primadawn
06-26-2009, 02:19 PM
For the "It comes in 3's" people: Ed McMahon was 1, Farrah was 2, MJ was 3.

We should be ok for a little while now.

MattHughesRocks
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
You forgot about the Kung Fu guy.I was thinking maybe there will be two more? :unsure-1:

For the "It comes in 3's" people: Ed McMahon was 1, Farrah was 2, MJ was 3.

We should be ok for a little while now.

Black Mamba
06-26-2009, 06:53 PM
You forgot about the Kung Fu guy.I was thinking maybe there will be two more? :unsure-1:

And there's one more: Wayman Tisdel. He passed away I think about a month ago from cancer. Awesome jazz artist and basketball player.

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Elvis is bigger. Why do you think MJ wanted Elvis' little girl? Why he had to have the Beatles' catalogue?

I think, at one point, MJ was a genius, but like Howard Hughes, he tipped over the edge and he became what we saw the last 20 years or so.

People don't have to knock Elvis to acknowledge Michael Jackson's contribution to music. They are both legends (in different times) for what they brought to music and the world.
winner

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Awesome GOAT, really classy:applause:

You Win...:wink:
hey, you made fun of Elvis dying on the crapper.

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 07:02 PM
yes

Bonnie
06-26-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm wondering what is going to happen to those children (not just physcially), but what kind of mental state are they in now having lived such a crazy up and down life with their father. I heard his mother would get custody of them. I hope they can make it to adulthood with some sense of normalcy and sanity and won't be poster kids just recycling their parents/guardians' craziness.

Hughes_GOAT
06-26-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm wondering what is going to happen to those children (not just physcially), but what kind of mental state are they in now having lived such a crazy up and down life with their father. I heard his mother would get custody of them. I hope they can make it to adulthood with some sense of normalcy and sanity and won't be poster kids just recycling their parents/guardians' craziness.
i'm sure they'll stay Muslim.

Bonnie
06-26-2009, 07:38 PM

So....it is too late. :wink:

Black Mamba
06-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I’m going to sorely miss Michael Jackson the singer, the entertainer, and the humanitarian. His impact on the music scene will never be touched and he will always and forever be the King of Pop. I grew up loving his music and getting my jam on with his songs. My favorite album from him will always be Bad, with Thriller, and Dangerous coming in close seconds.

And like Bonnie, I'm concerned about his kids too.

RIP :sad:

They Don’t Really Care About Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCqQ2JcQWGs&feature=related

Dirty Diana (favorite song by him)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hg-IRZk4D0

Earth Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Hcd60VoRM&feature=fvw

Who Is It
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQwFHoLMti8&feature=PlayList&p=674574E83928D368&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

octagon junkie
06-26-2009, 08:22 PM

I know I am in the minority but I don't believe he was guilty, in the first and only trial he was found not guilty. I believe the second accusation was all about money. To me he always seemed more like prey than predator(sp).

Mac
06-26-2009, 08:37 PM

I know I am in the minority but I don't believe he was guilty, in the first and only trial he was found not guilty. I believe the second accusation was all about money. To me he always seemed more like prey than predator(sp).

You dont think he was guilty ? Well apparently he thought he was to the tune of 25 million , or at least thats what he paid the kid so he would drop the suit.

Hughes_GOAT
06-27-2009, 04:03 AM
I’m going to sorely miss Michael Jackson the singer, the entertainer, the humanitarian and the pedophile
fixed

rearnakedchoke
06-27-2009, 04:09 AM
i thought they were jehovahs witness'

Hughes_GOAT
06-27-2009, 05:05 AM
i thought they were jehovahs witness'
did they convert?

J.B.
06-27-2009, 09:19 AM
hey, you made fun of Elvis dying on the crapper.

40 years later! :laugh:

I don't really care, I was just being pissy at the time, sorry bro.

Oh, and you do remember that Jackson married Elvis's daughter...:tongue0011:

Mac
06-27-2009, 08:41 PM
I saw it reported somewhere that Mikeys dying words were " Take me to the CHildrens Hospital"

J.B.
06-27-2009, 10:04 PM
This is a very well done short retrospect on Michael Jackson from James Rolfe who is the creator and star of the "Angry Video Game Nerd" videos, that he posted on his website cinemassacre.com (http://cinemassacre.com)

http://blip.tv/file/2290189?utm_source=featured_ep&utm_medium=featured_ep

matthughesfan21
06-27-2009, 10:27 PM
I saw it reported somewhere that Mikeys dying words were " Take me to the CHildrens Hospital":laugh:

Vizion
06-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Micheal Jackson died from food poisoning they say...he had eaten 8 year old weener. :laugh:

Primadawn
06-27-2009, 11:47 PM
OK...if we're gonna go THERE:

I heard that they were going to cremate him, but since he's mostly made of plastic, they're gonna melt him down and make him into Legos so little boys can play with HIM for a change...:laugh:

:ninja: Mac started it!:ninja:

J.B.
06-27-2009, 11:49 PM
:laugh: I heard all those....On Sherdog's forums....:unsure-1:

Here is a great song, and a great video...

"Leave Me Alone"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5KAJw4y8wE

Maldonado136
06-28-2009, 12:53 AM

I heard that they were going to cremate him, but since he's mostly made of plastic, they're gonna melt him down and make him into Legos so little boys can play with HIM for a change...:laugh:

:ninja: Mac started it!:ninja:

HAHA wow i have no words

Maldonado136
06-28-2009, 12:54 AM
I saw it reported somewhere that Mikeys dying words were " Take me to the CHildrens Hospital"

hahaha these are killing me!!

matthughesfan21
06-28-2009, 12:56 AM

:ninja: Mac started it!:ninja:thats the new "thing" for text messages...I've got that joke like 25 times

Whats the difference between Michael Jackson and grocery bag?

One is white, plastic, and dangerous around children. the other you carry out groceries with

matthughesfan21
06-28-2009, 12:59 AM
BREAKING NEWS: investigators now believe that this might have been suicide. They believe Michael became distraught after he learned boyz 2 men was a band, not a delivery service

Primadawn
06-28-2009, 01:18 AM
thats the new "thing" for text messages...I've got that joke like 25 times

Oooooohhh. I'm sorry for my "nothing" joke! :sad:

Mac
06-28-2009, 01:59 AM
BREAKING NEWS: investigators now believe that this might have been suicide. They believe Michael became distraught after he learned boyz 2 men was a band, not a delivery service

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Did you hear how he actually died ?

I guess when Farrah Fawcet got to heaven , God granted her one wish , She asked for all the children in the world to be safe . So he killed Mike Jackson.

matthughesfan21
06-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Oooooohhh. I'm sorry for my "nothing" joke! :sad:nah, i still laugh everytime I see it...You did good:) :)

Tyburn
06-28-2009, 02:19 AM
:rolleyes: two days is all it takes and the ammount of jokes that are circulating across mobile phones and the likes...is...a feat in itself

matthughesfan21
06-28-2009, 02:26 AM
:rolleyes: two days is all it takes and the ammount of jokes that are circulating across mobile phones and the likes...is...a feat in itself
a few of these jokes were out way before his death, but words have been changed to tie in with his death instead of the child molestation case

Mac
06-28-2009, 02:55 AM
Has the burger pne been posted ? ohh well if it has ill do it again

In Honor of Jackson . Mcdonalds is introducing its MJ burger . It is a 50 year old piece of meat between 8 year old buns.

Vizion
06-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Has the burger pne been posted ? ohh well if it has ill do it again

In Honor of Jackson . Mcdonalds is introducing its MJ burger . It is a 50 year old piece of meat between 8 year old buns.
ouch :laugh:

J.B.
06-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk)

This is just for the HATERS!!!

Deny it all you want but the man is the most popular person EVER....:wink:

matthughesfan21
06-28-2009, 05:31 AM

its not being a hater, its called not respecting a person that is a child molester...I don't give a damn what he did for music, his actions outweigh anything he could even think about doing musically....Do you know how child molesters are viewed inside prison? You know you are an absolute scumbag when even dangerous criminals think you are a POS

matthughesfan21
06-28-2009, 05:33 AM
oh and I wouldn't say jacko is the most popular person ever....I think that might actually go to Adolf Hitler, but that doesn't make him a good person either now does it?

Hughes_GOAT
06-28-2009, 05:53 AM
its not being a hater, its called not respecting a person that is a child molester...I don't give a damn what he did for music, his actions outweigh anything he could even think about doing musically....Do you know how child molesters are viewed inside prison? You know you are an absolute scumbag when even dangerous criminals think you are a POS
this

Neezar
06-28-2009, 06:30 AM

And what does that say about us?:unsure-1:

J.B.
06-28-2009, 02:06 PM
oh and I wouldn't say jacko is the most popular person ever....I think that might actually go to Adolf Hitler, but that doesn't make him a good person either now does it?

I'm talking about his music, and in that sense, yes he is.

If you want to crack jokes about the guy only a few days after his death, go ahead, I could care less. I may think it's in bad taste, but I really don't care. However, If you want to compare Michael Jackson to Adolf Hitler then you have a warped sense of understanding.

J.B.
06-28-2009, 02:07 PM
And what does that say about us?:unsure-1:

Uh... that we have good taste in music? :unsure-1:

Do people forget that life existed before the scandal?

Neezar
06-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Uh... that we have good taste in music? :unsure-1:

Do people forget that life existed before the scandal?

Having good taste in music is much different that saying that a child molester deserves respect just because he made good music. I can still appreciate his music while thinking he is undeserving of any respect.

I think that implying that someone should be excused of being a child molester (or given any breaks) because they make good music could be considered a warped way of looking at things.

:laugh:

Vizion
06-28-2009, 05:09 PM
its not being a hater, its called not respecting a person that is a child molester...I don't give a damn what he did for music, his actions outweigh anything he could even think about doing musically....QFT. And btw, JB, Jesus Christ is the most popular person ever
But even if MJ was...umm....as if it would matter....he did, you know, have sex with little boys, an stuff....:Whistle:

J.B.
06-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Having good taste in music is much different that saying that a child molester deserves respect just because he made good music. I can still appreciate his music while thinking he is undeserving of any respect.

I think that implying that someone should be excused of being a child molester (or given any breaks) because they make good music could be considered a warped way of looking at things.

Please show me where I implied that a child molester should be excused of their actions?

You can have a less then positive opinion of a person and their actions and know how to show discretion and taste when commenting on a situation. Jackson was not Hitler, and the scandal was not as cut and dry as most situations. There are some shady elements to both sides of what happened, and NOT making or laughing at mindless jokes a few days after the man dies does NOT equate to implying a child molester should be excused. Think about it. As for his music, it does deserve respect, and it spans 5 decades.

It was a controversial situation, and nobody denies that Michael was a weird guy. Heaven forbid I post some of the man's music a couple days after his death. :wacko:

J.B.
06-28-2009, 11:03 PM
QFT. And btw, JB, Jesus Christ is the most popular person ever
But even if MJ was...umm....as if it would matter....he did, you know, have sex with little boys, an stuff....:Whistle:

Okay dude, whatever, it was a poor choice of words, but clearly I am talking about his music.

He is the most popular musician ever. Is that better? :huh:

matthughesfan21
06-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Okay dude, whatever, it was a poor choice of words, but clearly I am talking about his music.

He is the most popular musician ever. Is that better? :huh:you could have been posting his videos way before his death because his career has been dead for 15 years

J.B.
06-28-2009, 11:31 PM
you could have been posting his videos way before his death because his career has been dead for 15 years

If you are going to make a tasteless joke, at least make it funny. :rolleyes:

rearnakedchoke
06-29-2009, 12:01 AM
i for one don't think MJ was a child molester .. sure he was weird, but i honestly think he was one of those people who had no child hood, was pushed by his parents (or just his dad) to be a performer ... he was clearly a prodigy .... i think he hung out with kids as an adult cuz he never got to as a kid and cleary is wasn't the best decision ... people can always have their opinions about him, and mine is that he was a weirdo, but not a molestor

Vizion
06-29-2009, 12:24 AM
i think he hung out with kids as an adult cuz he never got to as a kid and cleary is wasn't the best decision
excuses...ok, so let's lean toward the evidence. This wierdo slept with children not of his own, paid parents to allow their children to sleep in his bed overnight, whenever questioned by investigators he was conviniently "sick", paid off one of his accusers to silence him and his family, has had many witnesses to testify against him (which precludes that he is guilty as that many people wouldn't just "make it up"), etc etc....there are many curious questions in this case.

all you got is that he was some kind of misunderstood genius with a missing childhood complex...:rolleyes:

Vizion
06-29-2009, 12:28 AM
He is the most popular musician ever. Is that better? :huh:Popular? Isn't that rather subjective? He was just as notorius for being the demented FReAKSHOW he was...oh yea, & did you know he fondled little boys? :blink:

Mac
06-29-2009, 12:39 AM
JB , I will say i loved the early stuff . The Jackson 5 was excellent . And yeah , i remember when you could get thriller on vhs at the video store , and yeah i rented it , a few times lol . And could sing it word for word ha ha ha . But i dont like what he did .

But yeah , he did have some really good material out there.

matthughesfan21
06-29-2009, 01:27 AM
If you are going to make a tasteless joke, at least make it funny. :rolleyes:
not necessarily a joke as much as it is saying, he has been a laughing stock for many years now and as soon as he dies, those same people making fun of him are crying in the streets and praising this fallen hero, a little hypocritical? I think so

matthughesfan21
06-29-2009, 01:27 AM
btw, i'm not saying you are one of those people JB, but there are many of them out there and they are rather annoying

Vizion
06-29-2009, 01:30 AM
not necessarily a joke as much as it is saying, he has been a laughing stock for many years now and as soon as he dies, those same people making fun of him are crying in the streets and praising this fallen hero,
EXACTLY

Mac
06-29-2009, 01:36 AM
not necessarily a joke as much as it is saying, he has been a laughing stock for many years now and as soon as he dies, those same people making fun of him are crying in the streets and praising this fallen hero, a little hypocritical? I think so

I to found that very interesting . The same radio stations and news channels that coined the name " Wako Jako " are now pleading and balling all over themselves that he is gone

Ive notcied the same thing with alot of singers tho . Country radio stations never play Waylon Jennings , but mannnnnnn when he passed away he was a hero , they couldnt play enough Watashi Jennings . Made me sick . Where was that airplay when waylon was alive . There has never been anything that kieth urban or rascal flats have kicked out that even deserves to be played through the same speakers as " Mamas dont let your babys grow up to be cowboys" , Lukenbach Texas , Or lonesome Onry and Mean . Its the world today , dont miss them till they are gone i guess. I Figure they will do the same thing when willie goes . Its probably been 5 years since ive heard Blue eyes Cryin in the rain come across my radio . But you can bet your ass when Willies goes You wont be able to drive 3 miles without hearing Whiskey River on every other station.

Primadawn
06-29-2009, 02:34 AM
JB , I will say i loved the early stuff . The Jackson 5 was excellent . And yeah , i remember when you could get thriller on vhs at the video store , and yeah i rented it , a few times lol . And could sing it word for word ha ha ha . But i dont like what he did .

I would pay good money to see this.

TexasRN
06-29-2009, 02:42 AM
I would pay good money to see this.

Mac, I have her number if you want to send her that video....:Whistle:

~Amy

Mac
06-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Now hey . Im talkin first grade here lol .

TexasRN
06-29-2009, 03:20 AM
Now hey . Im talkin first grade here lol .

Sure, sure. Sing it, Mac! :happydancing:

~Amy

J.B.
06-29-2009, 09:35 AM

Yeah, because JB Rattlesnake was out there talking s**t about MJ for all these years... :rolleyes:

Dude, with all respect, you are not even old enough to have the same view on it as me. Michael Jackson's music was a huge part of my childhood, and that was WAY before any of the bull****. What pisses me off is that is that only a few days after the guy dies I post some of his songs and people think I am trying to justify raping children. That is stupid....

J.B.
06-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Popular? Isn't that rather subjective? He was just as notorius for being the demented FReAKSHOW he was...oh yea, & did you know he fondled little boys? :blink:

I don't like you, right now.... :angry:

I'm glad you have the mentality of a teenager. Come back when you are ready to talk like an adult.

J.B.
06-29-2009, 09:40 AM

Mac, I have been around here long enough and I dig what you are saying man. I think it's funny :)

I am just PISSED that because I show some love for the guy, I gotta get called out as "defending child rape".

Really man, how ****ING stupid?....:angry:

and dude, I love Willie, believe me, I have seen him live, but on a musical level he did not do as much as Michael. When he dies it will SUCK, and I don't wanna think about it. Still, the amount of music Jackson is gonna sell now after his death is going to be ridiculous, and realistically Willie can never touch that...

matthughesfan21
06-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah, because JB Rattlesnake was out there talking s**t about MJ for all these years... :rolleyes:

Dude, with all respect, you are not even old enough to have the same view on it as me. Michael Jackson's music was a huge part of my childhood, and that was WAY before any of the bull****. What pisses me off is that is that only a few days after the guy dies I post some of his songs and people think I am trying to justify raping children. That is stupid....if you would have read my very next posts, you would realize i wasn't directing that post towards you in anyway

logrus
06-29-2009, 04:56 PM
I have to agree with whats been said and that is for a long time Jackson was being labeled all kinds of hellish names, but as soon as he died they all became lovers and supporters of his, which was indeed nothing short of being hypocritical.

His earlier work was good but I think his career was done after his "Bad" album, Then thats when he started to kinda become a weird individual. His look got even worse, and really for me his music kinda lost that Jackson feel.

As of today I am saddened to say that I am overfilled with sickness at the constant barrage of M.J tributes, clips, music, stories. touching memories, all from people who honestly didn't want anything to do with him when he was on trial for one of the 100's of lawsuits brought on by some kid for inappropriate behavior.

Llamafighter
06-29-2009, 05:17 PM
I remember in grade school I was so envious of the kids that had the Thriller jackets and when my cousin let me listen to her Thriller record I was so hooked. I nearly wore out a 45 of "Say Say Say" with Paul McArtney and my own thriller record was alwayshandy.
I think as an entertainer the guy was a genius and he wrote and cowrote some great songs. I was never a big fan of him as a far as his excentric lifestyle went, but it did make for entertaining celebrity news. The court stuff is was it is. If he did what many think he did, then he's answering for it, now.
All I know is he gave me years of great songs to be a fool too, and when I hear any of them I have fond memories. For that I thank him.
There definitely will not be another performer like him.

rearnakedchoke
06-29-2009, 06:27 PM
I remember in grade school I was so envious of the kids that had the Thriller jackets and when my cousin let me listen to her Thriller record I was so hooked. I nearly wore out a 45 of "Say Say Say" with Paul McArtney and my own thriller record was alwayshandy.
I think as an entertainer the guy was a genius and he wrote and cowrote some great songs. I was never a big fan of him as a far as his excentric lifestyle went, but it did make for entertaining celebrity news. The court stuff is was it is. If he did what many think he did, then he's answering for it, now.
All I know is he gave me years of great songs to be a fool too, and when I hear any of them I have fond memories. For that I thank him.

Dude, i guess you don't know La Parka ... Greatest EVA ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaKubaqvFw

Miss Foxy
06-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I think that people who are knocking MJ need to stop. Its one thing we all know he had problems obviously, however lets be adults and let his family and fans grieve. Who are we to judge? The man is dead for Petes sake! Whats the sense in knocking him while he is well down?:sad: We don't know what happened and if he did molest those children he has answered to God.

Vizion
06-29-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't like you, right now.... :angry:

I'm glad you have the mentality of a teenager. Come back when you are ready to talk like an adult.
Sorry about that man, I thought about what I had said later, and regretted it, twas a little harsh. Shouldn't have made it personal...:unsure:

J.B.
06-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Sorry about that man, I thought about what I had said later, and regretted it, twas a little harsh. Shouldn't have made it personal...:unsure:

Im sorry too, I don't like when conversations take that tone.

I was in a bad mood myself, and the whole thing just kinda ticked me off more.

It's all good :cool:

octagon junkie
06-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I think I am too young to be a true fan, the only MJ song that would be in my top 50 list would be Man in the Mirror. When all the accusations, aquitals(sp) and payoffs took place I honestly believed he was innocent I am not 100% convinced after an old interview I saw last night. When he swore that the only facial work he had done was 2 nose jobs. That all the other changes occured naturally seems impossible, I still think it doesn't matter now he has already faced the all knowing and his judgement has been handed to him. The only thing that gets me, I would like to think, that if it were one of my children, no amount of money in the world would make me settle and I would make sure whoever it was was is prison or dead and I wouldn't be living the high life on the humiliation and pain of my kids.

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 06:20 PM
I have an original Thriller album! My dad bought me 2 one he would play the other he never opened.. I was obsessed with MJ when I was a lil gal I had his posters in my room!! LOL..

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
I have an original Thriller album! My dad bought me 2 one he would play the other he never opened.. I was obsessed with MJ when I was a lil gal I had his posters in my room!! LOL..Man, how much is that original Thriller worth these days? Mint condition, it's gotta be a good amount!

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Man, how much is that original Thriller worth these days? Mint condition, it's gotta be a good amount!
I know right!! I also have the Disneyland Electric parade!! haha.. That was my life at a young age.. MJ and Disneyland!

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 06:50 PM
I know right!! I also have the Disneyland Electric parade!! haha.. That was my life at a young age.. MJ and Disneyland!Sounds like a good life!

rearnakedchoke
06-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Man, how much is that original Thriller worth these days? Mint condition, it's gotta be a good amount!
I got an original Milli Vanilli album, what you think that is worth ...

rearnakedchoke
06-30-2009, 07:20 PM
I got an original Milli Vanilli album, what you think that is worth ...

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I got an original Milli Vanilli album, what you think that is worth ...15 cents?:huh:

J.B.
06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Speaking of MJ and Disney, did anybody ever see Captain EO? :laugh:

I saw it when I went to Disney World when I was like 7 or 8 years old....I don't really remember much of the movie, but I remember the 3D was awesome. :wink:

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Speaking of MJ and Disney, did anybody ever see Captain EO? :laugh:

I saw it when I went to Disney World when I was like 7 or 8 years old....I don't really remember much of the movie, but I remember the 3D was awesome. :wink:
Yes!! Of course.. That was the cutest 3d movie..Remember those hard plastic 3D glasses?!!

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes!! Of course.. That was the cutest 3d movie..Remember those hard plastic 3D glasses?!!I used to love those glasses! I'd wear 'em around like they were regular sunglasses!

J.B.
06-30-2009, 09:49 PM

J.B.
06-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes!! Of course.. That was the cutest 3d movie..Remember those hard plastic 3D glasses?!!

Those were awesome! :laugh:

Does anybody remember "The Wiz"?

It was a remake of The Wizard of Oz, and it was hilarious.

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/images/stories/thewiz.jpg

VCURamFan
06-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Those were awesome! :laugh:

Does anybody remember "The Wiz"?

It was a remake of The Wizard of Oz, and it was hilarious.

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/images/stories/thewiz.jpgMJ & Dianna Ross!! :laugh:

J.B.
06-30-2009, 09:58 PM
More classic stuff :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1fXL3s7bk

Bonnie
06-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Heard on the car radio awhlle ago that the family is gonna put on a concert in honor of Michael with Janet as the headliner at the O2 Arena where Michael was supposed to hold his concerts. I imagine they are scrambling to figure out how to fulfill his dates he had set and all the tickets sold... Must be hard to do this and cope with losing their loved one all at the same time.

Whatever we think happened in the court cases, etc... I feel for his mother and siblings, (not his father so much). I think that Joe Jackson has a lot to answer for. :wink:

J.B.
06-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh, and I also thought it would be appropriate to show some Tito love...considering there are so many Tito haters on MMA forums....:laugh:

http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/images/tito.jpg

WAR JACKSON FIVE!!! :punch:

Chuck
06-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Oh, and I also thought it would be appropriate to show some Tito love...considering there are so many Tito haters on MMA forums....:laugh:

http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/images/tito.jpg

WAR JACKSON FIVE!!! :punch:

Love that pic!!!

J.B.
06-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Heard on the car radio awhlle ago that the family is gonna put on a concert in honor of Michael with Janet as the headliner at the O2 Arena where Michael was supposed to hold his concerts. I imagine they are scrambling to figure out how to fulfill his dates he had set and all the tickets sold... Must be hard to do this and cope with losing their loved one all at the same time.

Whatever we think happened in the court cases, etc... I feel for his mother and siblings, (not his father so much). I think that Joe Jackson has a lot to answer for. :wink:

I heard the promoters are really pushing to go on with the show, and thats because they have a ton of money invested in it. That just pains my heart, but maybe it is the right thing to do. If they get the whole family to do it, and they all WANT to do it, then I am for it.

I am going to make one statement on my view of the Jackson fiasco, and not get roped into a debate or argument about it any further (which is hard for me, lol)

There has never been such a high profile case that went to trial and came back with 14 not guilty verdicts. That's pretty crazy. Even when OJ went to civil court, they found him guilty. This whole thing just seemed like the product of a witch hunt and parents looking to get paid. Now, on the other hand, Jackson DID say some pretty messed up stuff in some of his interviews. There is a lot of ways to look at things, and I think we can all agree that life in the lime-light from the age of 8 years old affected this man greatly.

Was he guilty of being a child molester? I honestly don't know. I have never formed a conclusion in my own head, and the only people who know are GOD, Jackson, and the children.

The man left a footprint on this world the size of a dinosaur, regardless of what judgments we may have on what happened. He was not perfect, by any means, but he did a lot of good for this world, both in music and his charitable and humanitarian causes. It honestly brings a tear to my eye thinking a little kid from nothing in Gary Indiana could change the world, and he did it.

Now here is a cool picture :wink:
http://www.multinet.no/~jonarne/Hjemmesia/Favorittartister/michael_jackson/michael_jackson_14.jpg

J.B.
06-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Love that pic!!!

Tito Jackson is the OT, Original Tito... :laugh:

Miss Foxy
06-30-2009, 10:47 PM
I heard the promoters are really pushing to go on with the show, and thats because they have a ton of money invested in it. That just pains my heart, but maybe it is the right thing to do. If they get the whole family to do it, and they all WANT to do it, then I am for it.

I am going to make one statement on my view of the Jackson fiasco, and not get roped into a debate or argument about it any further (which is hard for me, lol)

There has never been such a high profile case that went to trial and came back with 14 not guilty verdicts. That's pretty crazy. Even when OJ went to civil court, they found him guilty. This whole thing just seemed like the product of a witch hunt and parents looking to get paid. Now, on the other hand, Jackson DID say some pretty messed up stuff in some of his interviews. There is a lot of ways to look at things, and I think we can all agree that life in the lime-light from the age of 8 years old affected this man greatly.

Was he guilty of being a child molester? I honestly don't know. I have never formed a conclusion in my own head, and the only people who know are GOD, Jackson, and the children.

The man left a footprint on this world the size of a dinosaur, regardless of what judgments we may have on what happened. He was not perfect, by any means, but he did a lot of good for this world, both in music and his charitable and humanitarian causes. It honestly brings a tear to my eye thinking a little kid from nothing in Gary Indiana could change the world, and he did it.

http://www.multinet.no/~jonarne/Hjemmesia/Favorittartister/michael_jackson/michael_jackson_14.jpg
You seem to have such a good heart...<3

J.B.
06-30-2009, 10:54 PM
You seem to have such a good heart...<3

You only get one, so I hope for the best, lol

I grew up on the guy, maybe I'm blinded, I don't know. I just like to remember the good stuff. :)

Ya know, when you think about it, the video for Beat It is kinda like an analogy for arguments on message boards. You got a fight between two or more people, then a mod has to come in and make it all better. In the end we all dance... :laugh:

or someone gets banned, or writes a goodbye post, whatever... :laugh:

Chuck
06-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Well with the exception of the first post I've pretty much stayed away from this topic but I would like to add my thoughts.....

MJ was incredible as an entertainer and only a fool could deny that. His impact on the American music culture was beyond compare. He was a living legend, eccentric as they get, but a talent in so many areas. I think his influence reached far and wide and I personally was a huge fan.

His personal life was a mess from our perspective but I don't really know how "normal" anybody could be raised in the fish bowl that he was.

Tee Hee!!

J.B.
06-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Well with the exception of the first post I've pretty much stayed away from this topic but I would like to add my thoughts.....

MJ was incredible as an entertainer and only a fool could deny that. His impact on the American music culture was beyond compare. He was a living legend, eccentric as they get, but a talent in so many areas. I think his influence reached far and wide and I personally was a huge fan.

His personal life was a mess from our perspective but I don't really know how "normal" anybody could be raised in the fish bowl that he was.

Tee Hee!!

:headbanger:

I, personally, am celebrating his music to the fullest right now! :laugh:

I DJ for a club at the local Knights of Columbus, every other Sunday, and it is mostly people in their 50's, 60's, and even 70's. When I was there on Sunday, I started the night as usual with some Patsy Cline, and Elvis...Then, 3rd song in I played a Jackson Five song that I play EVERY time I am there, and some old fart came up and started telling me how to do my job, and how NOBODY liked that music... :laugh:

I ended the night with Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, and every one of those old foogies were dancing their butts off. It was surreal. Almost disturbing....:laugh:

That same fart came back up to me and complemented me on my work at the end of the night.... :rolleyes:

J.B.
06-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Okay... two more things....

I heard that somebody said Obama would not have been elected if Michael Jackson had not existed....

Who thinks that is true?

and question number two....

Do you think Obama can Moonwalk? :laugh:

Bonnie
07-01-2009, 12:23 AM

I'm sure it's a nightmare for everyone involved in trying to "salvage" what's been planned and set up already. I heard Michael had to undergo a physical before the promoters, etc... would agree to even sign on to this.

As to the cases involving these children: I am one of those that thinks something went on that shouldn't have. I don't care who's telling you it's better to "pay" and "make it go away", if someone was accusing me of child molestation and I knew I had never touched a child in such a way, nothing on this earth would compel me to "settle". I think the parent(s) involved in the first case sold their souls and their child's welfare for $. It was the height of naivete or just plain stubborness on MJ's part to continue to put himself in the position of being accused "again" after what happened before. Since Michael denied anything "inappropriate" ever happened and said it was all innocent, I'm just going with only GOD truly knows what happened.

He really thought it was okay for a 30-40 year-old man to be alone with and have sleep-overs in his bed with children. Maybe he was trying to create this imagined wonderful, innocent childhood (at least what he thought what that would be), one that he was never allowed to know or have as a child.

As for his music, like I said, I think he was a genius musically. Unfortunately, that gradually was overshadowed and overtaken by those inner personal demons from childhood. That's what we saw with his whole physical transformation we witnessed over the years. Think about it... :wink:

I heard on the news earlier that they don't know if the family is even going to bury him. When I heard that I just thought please let them give him a "normal" farewell/burial and not let him become "freakish" in death as his world had become in life.

I think people can still appreciate the genius and music of Michael Jackson even if they don't agree on whatever else happened.

J.B.
07-01-2009, 02:02 AM
I think people can still appreciate the genius and music of Michael Jackson even if they don't agree on whatever else happened.

You are good people Bonnie! :wink:

J.B.
07-01-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm sure it's a nightmare for everyone involved in trying to "salvage" what's been planned and set up already. I heard Michael had to undergo a physical before the promoters, etc... would agree to even sign on to this.

Thats pretty normal for something of this magnitude....

It just sucks that we even have to talk about it.....:sad:

que
07-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Okay... two more things....

I heard that somebody said Obama would not have been elected if Michael Jackson had not existed....

Who thinks that is true?

i doubt it, but you never know. al sharpton (i think that's his name) keeps saying on the media that MJ paved the way for all other blacks like tiger woods, oprah and barack. i think that is true to a certain extent. because if you think about it, what black person made it into the mainstream as much as MJ did before thriller came out? no one that i can think of. sure there were famous black artists before him, but none of them broke into the mainstream for blacks AND whites (and every other color for that matter) like jackson did. he transcended all colors.

i will say one thing for SURE. tupac, jay z, beyonce, puff daddy, snoop dogg, britanny spears, christina aquilera (sp) justin timberlake, usher (and pretty much any other black influenced hip hop music) would definitely not be where they are in the music industry if it wasn't for MJ. i believe rap wouldn't have even come into existence without MJ, either. that is for sure.

TexasRN
07-02-2009, 02:33 AM
You are good people Bonnie! :wink:

Yes, she is. Bonnie rocks!!

~Amy

logrus
07-02-2009, 05:19 AM
i doubt it, but you never know. al sharpton (i think that's his name) keeps saying on the media that MJ paved the way for all other blacks like tiger woods, oprah and barack. i think that is true to a certain extent. because if you think about it, what black person made it into the mainstream as much as MJ did before thriller came out? no one that i can think of. sure there were famous black artists before him, but none of them broke into the mainstream for blacks AND whites (and every other color for that matter) like jackson did. he transcended all colors.

i will say one thing for SURE. tupac, jay z, beyonce, puff daddy, snoop dogg, britanny spears, christina aquilera (sp) justin timberlake, usher (and pretty much any other black influenced hip hop music) would definitely not be where they are in the music industry if it wasn't for MJ. i believe rap wouldn't have even come into existence without MJ, either. that is for sure.

I think MJ was a huge influence in the music aspect of mainstream and paved the way for many artists, but I don't think he had anything to do with Oprahs success or even Tiger Woods.

Bonnie
07-02-2009, 05:39 AM
I think MJ was a huge influence in the music aspect of mainstream and paved the way for many artists, but I don't think he had anything to do with Oprahs success or even Tiger Woods.

I agree. I think Oprah and Tiger paved their own way in each of their respective fields. And I'm sure their are lots of black musical artists (great ones) who would say they paved the way for groups like the Jackson Five and for Michael. No offense to anyone here if you're an Al Sharpton fan, but I don't put much store in what he's saying as far as this stuff. I know I might sound cynical, but why is it Sharpton and Jesse Jackson always seem to show up? :rolleyes:

I wonder what Tiger and Oprah think about what Al said..... :wink:

Thanks JB and Amy. :)

matthughesfan21
07-02-2009, 05:46 AM
I agree. I think Oprah and Tiger paved their own way in each of their respective fields. And I'm sure their are lots of black musical artists (great ones) who would say they paved the way for groups like the Jackson Five and for Michael. No offense to anyone here if you're an Al Sharpton fan, but I don't put much store in what he's saying as far as this stuff. I know I might sound cynical, but why is it Sharpton and Jesse Jackson always seem to show up? :rolleyes:

I wonder what Tiger and Oprah think about what Al said..... :wink:

Thanks JB and Amy. :)because they are attention whores

J.B.
07-02-2009, 07:43 AM
I don't know if I would go so far as to say that Obama would not have become President had MJ never existed. However, I do think that MJ was a celebrity on such a major scale, that it's easy to make a connection both directly and indirectly to other industries he affected. Not even just because of his race, but because in a lot of ways he set the bar for what a mega celebrity is.

Of course, people like Tiger Woods and Oprah Winfrey have succeeded on their own hard work and talent, but it's easy to see how Jackson had an impact on more than just music. Spending the last 40 years in the spotlight, MJ has helped landscape the way things are today in much of the entertainment business. From the way companies handle major sponsorship deals for all celebrities, including athletes like Woods. To the way the media types, and talk show hosts like Oprah, covers and gives exposure to famous people.

Chuck
07-02-2009, 02:56 PM
if you think about it, what black person made it into the mainstream as much as MJ did before thriller came out? no one that i can think of.

IMO Ali was the first African American to truly be mainstream globaly and cross all color barriers...

Musically.... I think you could put James Brown on the list of artists who were mainstream before MJ...

I love MJ and he may have broken some color barriers on MTV but many African Americans crossed that color barrier in huge ways before he did...

Neezar
07-02-2009, 03:28 PM
IMO Ali was the first African American to truly be mainstream globaly and cross all color barriers...

Musically.... I think you could put James Brown on the list of artists who were mainstream before MJ...

I love MJ and he may have broken some color barriers on MTV but many African Americans crossed that color barrier in huge ways before he did...

Sammy Davis, Jr. in the Rat Pack :w00t:

Chuck
07-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Sammy Davis, Jr. in the Rat Pack :w00t:

Excellent point!

Pryor? Cosby?

Miss Foxy
07-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I like how MJ did not use the race card too much. I felt sorry for him that he hated his nose/skin color. I think that he was someone we could all relate to not just blacks. I am so sad he's gone im thinking of going to the viewing on Tuesday, but who knows they keep changing things. :sad:

logrus
07-02-2009, 08:01 PM
2 out of 3 Americans are sick and tired of hearing about MJ, time we kill this thread...

Miss Foxy
07-02-2009, 10:25 PM
2 out of 3 Americans are sick and tired of hearing about MJ, time we kill this thread...
Well for the 1 out of the 3 I say we don't. If your sick of the thread skip it.. Plain and simple..:unsure-1:

J.B.
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Well for the 1 out of the 3 I say we don't. If your sick of the thread skip it.. Plain and simple..:unsure-1:

I was not aware that 2 out of 3 Americans were viewing this thread...

I agree with Miss Foxy, if you don't care, don't watch it, don't read about it. That's pretty simple.

J.B.
07-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Who remembers the Moonwalker Arcade Game?

1:25 - 1:29 - CLASSIC!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upsnLXFzan8

logrus
07-03-2009, 01:15 AM

I was not aware that 2 out of 3 Americans were viewing this thread...

I agree with Miss Foxy, if you don't care, don't watch it, don't read about it. That's pretty simple.

I dunno, that's what my favorite news team said this morning, don't shot the messenger.

I wish I could just "not watch it" but its flooding the stations, every station. Even the KKK's channel is having touching tributes to MJ, its really gotten out of hand.

As for this thread you guys crack me up, only Jackson could ever get away with this. :happydancing:

Hughes_GOAT
07-03-2009, 01:42 AM
As for this thread you guys crack me up, only Jackson could ever get away with this. :happydancing:
Tyson "the rapist" could. JB is as big a fan of his, as he is Jackson.

J.B.
07-03-2009, 02:33 AM
I dunno, that's what my favorite news team said this morning, don't shot the messenger.

I wish I could just "not watch it" but its flooding the stations, every station. Even the KKK's channel is having touching tributes to MJ, its really gotten out of hand.

Get away with what? Having fans love his music? :huh:

KKK channel? Really? :rolleyes:

If you don't like it, you don't have to pay attention. There are plenty of other channels on television, and plenty of other things to do :laugh:

Please explain to me how recognizing talent, and being a fan of it, is justifying the negative actions of a specific individual? Please show me where I said it's okay to rape somebody. Please show me where I said people should not be held responsible for their actions.

Ya know Goat, it does not take much thought to chime in with one liners all the time.

MattHughesRocks
07-03-2009, 03:12 AM
Hey! He's innocent I tell you! :angry:

NateR
07-03-2009, 04:52 AM
Even the KKK's channel is having touching tributes to MJ, its really gotten out of hand.

Does the KKK really have a channel?

Chuck
07-03-2009, 04:55 AM
Ya know Goat, it does not take much thought to chime in with one liners all the time.

You know that's not a bad point Andreas!!! :tongue0011:

logrus
07-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Get away with what? Having fans love his music? :huh:

KKK channel? Really? :rolleyes:

If you don't like it, you don't have to pay attention. There are plenty of other channels on television, and plenty of other things to do :laugh:

Please explain to me how recognizing talent, and being a fan of it, is justifying the negative actions of a specific individual? Please show me where I said it's okay to rape somebody. Please show me where I said people should not be held responsible for their actions.

Him being two sides of a coin and everyone is happily forgetting about the other side of said coin. Blind less following to the masses both personal and business.

You can't escape it, its on local radio, news, and t.v. I fire up my yahoo home page to see every news article about him. Does one honestly care about legal battle over the kids, estate, Ross getting the kids, never never land that was closed for 4 years and had a panic room and yadda yadda. Satellite is still showing memory wallpapers from time to time depending on what channel you bounce to.

logrus
07-03-2009, 05:00 AM
Does the KKK really have a channel?

The outdoor channel, :unsure:

MattHughesRocks
07-03-2009, 05:00 AM
If you stopped coming in to this thread that would solve one problem and sometimes solving one problem at a time is all we can do :)

Him being two sides of a coin and everyone is happily forgetting about the other side of said coin. Blind less following to the masses both personal and business.

You can't escape it, its on local radio, news, and t.v. I fire up my yahoo home page to see every news article about him. Does one honestly care about legal battle over the kids, estate, Ross getting the kids, never never land that was closed for 4 years and had a panic room and yadda yadda. Satellite is still showing memory wallpapers from time to time depending on what channel you bounce to.

logrus
07-03-2009, 05:07 AM
If you stopped coming in to this thread that would solve one problem and sometimes solving one problem at a time is all we can do :)

This threads needs a reality check, and I am just the guy to bring it. :punch:

MattHughesRocks
07-03-2009, 05:25 AM
But of course.What was I thinking? :laugh:

J.B.
07-03-2009, 05:35 AM

Nobody has forgotten about anything. The difference is that some people choose to revel in negativity, some don't. Jackson was a weird guy in many ways, he was an ultra celebrity, and therefore a target. Of course there will always be speculation, and ridicule, but there is nothing wrong with celebrating the talents and good parts of a human being. Doing that in no way condones or forgets about any negative parts of a person's life.

Of course the coverage is over the top, welcome to the year 2009. If you really can't handle it, then disconnect from the mass media for a while.

logrus
07-03-2009, 05:50 AM
But of course.What was I thinking? :laugh:

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

MattHughesRocks
07-03-2009, 05:51 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/billiejean.gif

Hughes_GOAT
07-03-2009, 05:55 AM
i never said you did JB, but you're are disingenuous. do you think people are stupid enough to buy into your "they're talented?" so what? no amount of "talent" can justify their actions, much less continued support of their respective endeavors. sane people don't support rapists and peds, no matter the talent. if i didn't know better, i'd say you're morally bankrupt at best and hedonistic at worst.

Hughes_GOAT
07-03-2009, 05:56 AM
but he's talented....

MattHughesRocks
07-03-2009, 06:02 AM
Or in denial...like me

But your right Goat, he's a child molester and that makes him a freak and a monster. Her deosnt deserve any respect or admiration for anything he's ever done.

i never said you did JB, but you're are disingenuous. do you think people are stupid enough to buy into your "they're talented?" so what? no amount of "talent" can justify their actions, much less continued support of their respective endeavors. sane people don't support rapists and peds, no matter the talent. if i didn't know better, i'd say you're morally bankrupt at best and hedonistic at worst.

Hughes_GOAT
07-03-2009, 06:02 AM

You know that's not a bad point Andreas!!! :tongue0011:
that's because it doesn't take much thought to point out how ridiculous JB's delusional support for Jackson is. just because he could sing and dance.

MattHughesRocks
07-03-2009, 06:03 AM
True :unsure-1:

but he's talented....

Hughes_GOAT
07-03-2009, 06:04 AM
Or in denial...like me

But your right Goat, he's a child molester and that makes him a freak and a monster. Her deosnt deserve any respect or admiration for anything he's ever done.
exactly.

logrus
07-03-2009, 06:06 AM
Nobody has forgotten about anything. The difference is that some people choose to revel in negativity, some don't. Jackson was a weird guy in many ways, he was an ultra celebrity, and therefore a target. Of course there will always be speculation, and ridicule, but there is nothing wrong with celebrating the talents and good parts of a human being. Doing that in no way condones or forgets about any negative parts of a person's life.

Of course the coverage is over the top, welcome to the year 2009. If you really can't handle it, then disconnect from the mass media for a while.

When isn't coverage over the top anymore. While some I can understand there is just way to much that is downright being forced fed. I could understand the tribute during the awards just after his death, but I don't need to see pointless recycled wallpaper tributes and video clips. We are on what the 9th day and its the same stuff as day 1.

Its just the double standard, the following of the masses because its the cool thing to do, only subject to the positive or negative based on our personal feeling towards and individual and nothing more.

logrus
07-03-2009, 06:10 AM

Glad to see i'm not the only one to feel this way. Whats that make it us 2 vs the forum now?

Hughes_GOAT
07-03-2009, 06:13 AM
Glad to see i'm not the only one to feel this way. Whats that make it us 2 vs the forum now?
no, there are quite a few. they posted in the earlier parts of this thread.

MattHughesRocks
07-03-2009, 06:18 AM
I think the shock of the sudden-ness and the way he died had a lot to do with it to.

When isn't coverage over the top anymore. While some I can understand there is just way to much that is downright being forced fed. I could understand the tribute during the awards just after his death, but I don't need to see pointless recycled wallpaper tributes and video clips. We are on what the 9th day and its the same stuff as day 1.

Its just the double standard, the following of the masses because its the cool thing to do, only subject to the positive or negative based on our personal feeling towards and individual and nothing more.

J.B.
07-03-2009, 06:19 AM

It's not being disingenuous. Nobody said "your talented, so what". I clearly stated what I thought of the situation and Jackson. It is not hedonistic to recognize the good in people, no matter what they did in life. Recognizing the good is not condoning the bad.

Again, you're great with pithy one liners, but your argument is off point. In no way is liking Jackson's music supporting or condoning anything he did that was bad in his life. Thats a high standard to hold anybody too.

Hughes_GOAT
07-03-2009, 08:10 AM
you said it in not so many words JB, but you still said it. by defending against people critical of his pedophilia and all you have is he was the most talented singer ever or most popular person ever? so what? how does that even begin to balance out? we say one less ped in the world and you cry "classless?" yet you deny the pain he put those kids through by saying you just want to remember the good times? how convenient? he revoked the privilege of adulation when he decided to be a ped.

Mac
07-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Well Mark . Looks like youll have to find a new dance to master.

I love bringing up this picture whenever the oppertunity arrises lol.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/mark-1.jpg

J.B.
07-03-2009, 10:47 AM
you said it in not so many words JB, but you still said it. by defending against people critical of his pedophilia and all you have is he was the most talented singer ever or most popular person ever? so what? how does that even begin to balance out? we say one less ped in the world and you cry "classless?" yet you deny the pain he put those kids through by saying you just want to remember the good times? how convenient? he revoked the privilege of adulation when he decided to be a ped.

I never said it was classless to think of "one less pedophile" in the world. You need to stop putting words in my mouth. I said, to carry on with jokes is tasteless. Is it inevitable? Yeah, but it don't mean it's not as overdone as the coverage this gets on this news. Also, I did say that most popular "person ever", was a poor choice of words. I was referring to his music, and his celebrity status as a "musician" The amount of record sales backs that up.

You say I am denying the pain he put children through, but that's not true. I simply have an opinion that the whole situation is so blown up with messed up facts on both sides it made hard to ever really know the truth. God definitely knows the truth, and Michael has had to answer to Him for that and all his other acts in life. That is not for me to judge now. I also never denied that Jackson had issues or had done some negative things. I just think that after the scandals there were definitely some unanswered questions. They will likely never be answered.

You are singling me out because I am not engaging in jokes, because I question some of the facts, and I still choose to respect his music, and that's fine, I can take that. To say you don't like Jackson's music and you think he's a freak is one thing. However, to make a jump and say I am condoning being a pedophile by liking music that has obviously made an impact around the world is absurd.

I will be leaving it at that with you, Goat.

que
07-03-2009, 04:50 PM
we don't even know if he was really a pedophile, he was not found guilty. he was acquitted. God knows the truth and all we have are the facts... the facts that he was not found guilty. i would hate for people to be making such harsh judgments about someone who is really innocent and then turn out to be wrong and have to face God about their harsh judgments and slander when they die. let's not jump to conclusions, and if he was indeed a pedophile, let God judge him since we have no proof that he was guilty of anything.

logrus
07-03-2009, 05:09 PM
we don't even know if he was really a pedophile, he was not found guilty. he was acquitted. God knows the truth and all we have are the facts... the facts that he was not found guilty. i would hate for people to be making such harsh judgments about someone who is really innocent and then turn out to be wrong and have to face God about their harsh judgments and slander when they die. let's not jump to conclusions, and if he was indeed a pedophile, let God judge him since we have no proof that he was guilty of anything.

Didn't he get accused ages ago and settled out of court? Time to google and verify if my memory is right, I could have sworn I heard of it during his 2005ish trial.

Besides O.J was found not guilty. :rolleyes:

Miss Foxy
07-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Everyone is entitled to opinions apparently. How quick some are to judge. With all BS aside he was found not-guilty of child molestation. Im sorry if I felt my son/daughter was molested no amount of money would shut me up! And where were the parents when all this was going on? Yeah exactly it was all to the good when MJ was paying for the medical care and bills of people he trusted. We can argue till we are blue in the face, but what JB and I are simply saying is he was a talented musician. No more, No less. We are leaving his personal woes aside.

Miss Foxy
07-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah and most of the people on this forum praise Couture who has openly admitted he is guilty of infidelity.. Way to go guys I suppose he gets away with it, because he is a good fighter? Isnt adultery a sin?? Oh wait yes it is...

Neezar
07-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah and most of the people on this forum praise Couture who has openly admitted he is guilty of infidelity.. Way to go guys I suppose he gets away with it, because he is a good fighter? Isnt adultery a sin?? Oh wait yes it is...
Well, infidelity and child molestation may both be sins but they are not even CLOSE to the same in my book. And not in God's either, I don't believe. I think God has a little something special in store for those who hurt children that way.

Neezar
07-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Everyone is entitled to opinions apparently. How quick some are to judge. With all BS aside he was found not-guilty of child molestation. Im sorry if I felt my son/daughter was molested no amount of money would shut me up! And where were the parents when all this was going on? Yeah exactly it was all to the good when MJ was paying for the medical care and bills of people he trusted. We can argue till we are blue in the face, but what JB and I are simply saying is he was a talented musician. No more, No less. We are leaving his personal woes aside.

It is not that cut and dry. I had a girlfriend whose grandbaby was molested. The District Attorney (yes, on the victim's side) went on and on about if the defendant pled not guilty and it went to court then the child would be required by law to be put on the stand. Therefore, allowing the defense attorney to cross examine the child. Also, allowing ANY questions about Mommy and Daddy and their sex life (ie Ever saw mommy and daddy kissing? Has mommy ever told you how to answer a question or what to say? etc.) Do you realize how impressionable a child is? Most decent attorneys can have a child saying whatever they want with little effort. And they usually have them saying it about you. Also, they make the child tell the story over and over to see if the story changes. Not to mention the child being put in the public eye. Imagine what that would do to a child in a court case involving Michael Jackson! Would you truly be willing to put your child through that? You could essentially be trading your child's only chance at a normal life just to push your cause.

Rev
07-03-2009, 08:33 PM
He is dead now! I was a fan of some of his music and none of his personal life but none of that matters now because he is dead. It is up to God to judge him and judge him he shall. None of us can do anything about it now.

Miss Foxy
07-03-2009, 08:34 PM
He is dead now! I was a fan of some of his music and none of his personal life but none of that matters now because he is dead. It is up to God to judge him and judge him he shall. None of us can do anything about it now.
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Foxy
07-03-2009, 08:36 PM
It is not that cut and dry. I had a girlfriend whose grandbaby was molested. The District Attorney (yes, on the victim's side) went on and on about if the defendant pled not guilty and it went to court then the child would be required by law to be put on the stand. Therefore, allowing the defense attorney to cross examine the child. Also, allowing ANY questions about Mommy and Daddy and their sex life (ie Ever saw mommy and daddy kissing? Has mommy ever told you how to answer a question or what to say? etc.) Do you realize how impressionable a child is? Most decent attorneys can have a child saying whatever they want with little effort. And they usually have them saying it about you. Also, they make the child tell the story over and over to see if the story changes. Not to mention the child being put in the public eye. Imagine what that would do to a child in a court case involving Michael Jackson! Would you truly be willing to put your child through that? You could essentially be trading your child's only chance at a normal life just to push your cause.
Yes I would put my child through that and it would not be pushing my cause. The cause to have someone put away for such a horrible crime? To try to get justice.

J.B.
07-03-2009, 09:58 PM

Would you drug your kid and coach him into saying they were molested by Jackson out of jealousy because your family was spending more time with MJ than with you? Because that is what many people are convinced the father of Jordan Chandler did. Why did Chandlers dad not go right to the police the first time he had a suspicion? There are just too many questions without answers.

What parent that cares says stuff like this?

Taken from a recorded phone conversation with Jordan Chandler's dad.

"There was no reason why he [Jackson] had to stop calling me...I picked the nastiest son of a bitch I could find [Evan Chandler's lawyer, Barry Rothman], all he wants to do is get this out in the public as fast as he can, as big as he can and humiliate as many people as he can. He's nasty, he's mean, he's smart and he's hungry for publicity. Everything's going to a certain plan that isn't just mine. Once I make that phone call, this guy is going to destroy everybody in sight in any devious, nasty, cruel way that he can do it. I've given him full authority to do that. Jackson is an evil guy, he is worse than that and I have the evidence to prove it. If I go through with this, I win big-time. There's no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever...Michael's career will be over"

In the same conversation, when asked how this would affect his son, Chandler replied, "That's irrelevant to me...It will be a massacre if I don't get what I want. It's going to be bigger than all us put together...This man [Jackson] is going to be humiliated beyond belief...He will not sell one more record"

You are right. It's not that cut and dry. That's why it's silly to say that by liking the man's music that people are condoning the rape of children.

Of course infidelity and child rape are different things, nobody is arguing that. But to say somebody condones the actions of a human being, simply because they respect or admire that person's art or music, is silly. There is not a person on this board who has not bought an album from an artist who has done questionable things. Or rooted for an athlete on your team, or a boxer from the 80's, or some actor or actress who did some bad things.

None of us know all the facts in the Jackson cases, so whatever opinion you or others have formed is nothing more than that, an opinion.

J.B.
07-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Didn't he get accused ages ago and settled out of court? Time to google and verify if my memory is right, I could have sworn I heard of it during his 2005ish trial.

Besides O.J was found not guilty. :rolleyes:

OJ WAS found guilty by a civil court. OJ also basically came out and admitted it, and then tried to make money off selling a book that gave the details. Big difference....need I say...apples and oranges...:laugh:

Not to mention that in Jackson's criminal case he was found not guilty on 14 different charges. Everything from child sexual abuse, to kidnapping. It was pretty clear that, weather Jackson was guilty or not, the prosecutor was out to get him.

Yes, Jackson was accused in 1993, and he settled out of court. Settling out of court is not an admission of guilt, and many people who were close to Jackson at the time convinced him that settling was the best thing to do because he was having major health issues and was addicted to pain killers. They did not think he could handle the stress of a trial. The father of the boy who accused Jackson in 93 also drugged his son with "truth serum" to get him to "admit" that Jackson had molested him, plus read the quote I posted in my last post to Neezar. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Chuck
07-04-2009, 12:05 AM

I get what you're saying Goat but I'm curious where you draw the line? When do you let a person's choices in their personal life impact your support of them professionally?

Would you support a fighter who's been arrested? Made bad choices?

I don't know that it would matter to you much but don't forget MJ was never found guilty of anything...

Don't you think it's possible to appreciate a person's skill without supporting or condoning choices made in their personal life?

Chuck
07-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Well, infidelity and child molestation may both be sins but they are not even CLOSE to the same in my book. And not in God's either, I don't believe. I think God has a little something special in store for those who hurt children that way.

In our eyes that makes sense but scripture doesn't support that. All sin is equal in God's eyes and the punishment for all sin is the same. The consequences here on Earth may be different but eternally.. they are the same.

logrus
07-04-2009, 12:24 AM
OJ WAS found guilty by a civil court. OJ also basically came out and admitted it, and then tried to make money off selling a book that gave the details. Big difference....need I say...apples and oranges...:laugh:

Not to mention that in Jackson's criminal case he was found not guilty on 14 different charges. Everything from child sexual abuse, to kidnapping. It was pretty clear that, weather Jackson was guilty or not, the prosecutor was out to get him.

Yes, Jackson was accused in 1993, and he settled out of court. Settling out of court is not an admission of guilt, and many people who were close to Jackson at the time convinced him that settling was the best thing to do because he was having major health issues and was addicted to pain killers. They did not think he could handle the stress of a trial. The father of the boy who accused Jackson in 93 also drugged his son with "truth serum" to get him to "admit" that Jackson had molested him, plus read the quote I posted in my last post to Neezar. Seems a bit fishy to me.

He was found not guilty in his Criminal trial though, even with all other evidence, battery charges and that silly 1 mph car chase that interrupted my NBA playoffs. Besides hwo did he manage to be found not guilty of killing 2 people but found guilty of 2 peoples death and have to pay a zillion dollars? eh anyways.

In Jacksons first case he never even took that to trial, he was happy to settle out of court for 20 million. My name nobody is going to care about, nor would I have the finances to deal with a couple years of trial, so a plea bargain would be in my best interest, but Jackson is a whole nother story, take it to trial, clear your name, and destroy to wild allegations, that is unless there is some truth to the madness. In which case plea bargaining only made him look worse in the end.

Jacksons own family came out and called MJ a Pedo, sisters, brothers, uncles and that guy who pushed the ice cream cart. Sure they all went back on the record months later and recanted that statement, but why say anything to begin with,

That boys father was a wack job, clearly in it for himself and for nobody else, not even his boy. Don't act so surprised there are a world of fathers exactly like that or worse.

Thank gos there are those who are nothing like that though.

J.B.
07-04-2009, 12:37 AM
In our eyes that makes sense but scripture doesn't support that. All sin is equal in God's eyes and the punishment for all sin is the same. The consequences here on Earth may be different but eternally.. they are the same.

To be fair, there is plenty of scripture that says the children have a special place with God, and that bringing harm unto them is inviting God's wrath upon yourself. So I understand what she is saying there.

At the same time, you are absolutely correct. Sin is sin, and that has been my point. To judge me, and say I am condoning what people supposedly think Jackson did is absurd. It's a standard that is quite high to hold anybody too, especially when the details of the actions are as controversial as what happened with Jackson.

I did not want to be roped to deep into this whole thing, but I did not really think it would come to a point where people considered me a "supporter of rape" because of I am fan of Michael Jackson's music.

MattHughesRocks
07-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Yeah rape I'm listening to MJ right now! :w00t:

This thread turned ridiculous :laugh:

I did not want to be roped to deep into this whole thing, but I did not really think it would come to a point where people considered me a "supporter of rape" because of I am fan of Michael Jackson's music.

MattHughesRocks
07-04-2009, 04:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKnCtB4Guyk

Cheater :w00t:

Hughes_GOAT
07-04-2009, 04:44 AM
for me Chuck, i say rape, pedophilia, murder is where i draw the line. i'm sure there are more but those are the top ones right off the bat.

Hughes_GOAT
07-04-2009, 04:44 AM
there you go being disingenuous again. you know he's a ped, JB, otherwise you would have questioned this in the beginning instead of making excuses about why you still listen to and were musically inspired by him. i'm not singling you out. it's the character of the man that matters, not his fame, fortune or title. and Wacko's character is that of a molestor.

Hughes_GOAT
07-04-2009, 04:45 AM
so you can spin it anyway you want, but you're still supporting a ped because he's the same person making the music you're inspired by. imagine how many songs he got stuck on, only to go mess with some boys, relieve his stress and then finish the song because of it. how many songs has he completed after just having a sleepover. if it were your family JB, i'd love to see their faces after you try to justify to them how you feel about Wacko. these boys are just numbers to you. out of sight outta mind.

J.B.
07-04-2009, 10:29 AM
This thread turned ridiculous :laugh:

No sh**t....

I won't say what I really think at this point... I will just hope that certain people are able to carry on civilized conversations with me beyond this thread. Sadly, I don't think that's gonna happen.