PDA

View Full Version : Ed McMahon dies

MattHughesRocks
06-23-2009, 03:59 PM
RIP Ed!

Ed McMahon,the former sidekick of Johnny Carson on "Tonight Show" turned commercial pitchman, has died.

McMahon's death came after years of financial turmoil, a threatened foreclosure on his home, and a terrible fall that resulted in a broken neck.

Publicist Howard Bragman said McMahon died early Tuesday at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center surrounded by his family. Bragman didn't give a cause of death, saying only that McMahon had a "multitude of health problems the last few months."

McMahon was 86.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/06/23/2009-06-23_tonight_show_personality_ed_mcmahon_dies_at_86. html#ixzz0JGlXMTLR&D

Mac
06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I call BS on this one .

I just sent Ed all my gold as probably alot of other folks did , and now he is gonna play the death card and keep it all for himself. Nope , dont think so Ed!!!

That was just a joke over the cash for gold commercials Ed did recently . Sucks for the ole timer .

In Honor of Ed

The Judges give this thread .................................drum roll..................

4 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neezar
06-23-2009, 05:33 PM
:huh:

Mac! That was tasteless!

Neezar
06-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Who am I kidding?! That was funny. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Thank goodness that I'm not the one who said it. :ninja: lol)

Mac
06-23-2009, 07:31 PM
:huh:

Mac! That was tasteless!

LOL . I dont deny it , it was , but hey , Ed always liked a good joke and i believe if he were still here , He would have laughed at the Star Search refrence :laugh: :laugh:

You know , It really is to bad , Ed had a pretty good run , Star search , The Tonight Show , Publishers clearing house spokes guy , im sure there are more but thats the most memorable for me.

J.B.
06-23-2009, 11:12 PM
R.I.P. ED! :sad: