PDA

View Full Version : TUF 9 Finale ***SPOILERS***

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:09 AM
OK, Diaz/Stevenson is just starting. WAR JOE.

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Hahaha, Nick might not have gotten any oil, but they sure gave Nate some for that shot!! :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Man, that was a sick guillotine, I thought Nate was about to finish it. LOL at the chick yelling @ Nate to get up.

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Nice crucifix, Joe. It's like a reverse Matt Hughes. Uh-oh, Joe's guillotine!

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Man, nicely done by both of them avoiding the subs! Back & forth round, but I think Joe took it due to control & aggression. We'll see whether or not the judges agree with that or not.

Jackson did a good job prepping Joe, it looks like.

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Joe's in trouble, it looks like. Tap coming? No, nice reverse by Joe, to knees, forcing Nate to kneel.

Man, Joe has shown some slick TDs so far. Doubles, singles, sacrifice throws, scrambles off sprawls, I've been impressed.

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Joe Daddy is doing great! :punch: One more round to go! :ninja:

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Dang it, there goes the feed. Now it's time to rush around & try to find another one...

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Yesssssss! Joe Daddy won!!!!!! :frantics:

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Dang it, there goes the feed. Now it's time to rush around & try to find another one...

Did you see the end? :unsure-1: It wasn't spectacular or anything, but the important thing is Joe won. :)

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:35 AM
OK, found one. WOOOOOOO!! Just in time for the UD announcement. WAR JOE DADDY!!!!

(dude, look at his ear, though!)

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:49 AM
This is going to be a great fight. I've been going back & forth all day over who I'm picking to win. My official position is that I think Winner's a better fighter, but I'll be pulling for Ross for 2 reasons:

1) I like his a little better, personality wise.
2) Winner looks too much like DeMarques Johnson & we can't have twins winning the show, can we? :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Mike - "Ummm, their shorts are pretty much the same. One pair's black & the other's kinda blue, I guess..."
Joe - "One's white guy, the other's not"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Man, what a close round! These guys are throwing fairly equally, both stuffing TDs, both with nice dirty boxing. Should be a fun one!!

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Another close one. I don't really know who's winning, I guess Andre?

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:06 AM
O crap, Joe says they've already had some questionable decisions. Great, can't wait to see what they f'ed up.

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:11 AM
YEAH!!! WAR ROSS!!!!!!!

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 02:17 AM
O crap, Joe says they've already had some questionable decisions. Great, can't wait to see what they f'ed up.
according to mmajunkie...tibeau vs guillard was a shocking decision.

MELVIN GUILLARD VS. GLEISON TIBAU

Round 1 - The fighters collide and both miss on punches. Back to the center of the cage, and Guillard lands two quick punches before Tibau retreats. Guillard tags him again when he closes distance. Tibau shoots from halfway across the cage and puts Guillard against the cage, but the "Young Assassin" quickly reverses the position. Tibau again reverses and puts Guillard against the cage and dips for the takedown. Guillard initially fends it off before he's taken to the mat. Tibau can't keep him there, and Guillard quickly gets back to his feet. The pace slows as the fighters patiently circle. Guillard land a lunging one-two that finds its mark. Tibau though then connects on a combo of his own. Guillard lands a loud kick to the body, but Tibau forces him to the mat. As Guillard tries to get back up, Tibau scoops him and slams him to the center of the mat. Guillard braces for the takedown, though, and gets back to his feet by knocking Tibau clear off him. Guillard, looking much more patient than usual, slowly backs Tibau into the cage before delivering a shot as the round ends. MMAjunkie.com scores a close first round for Tibau, 10-9, based largely on takedowns.

Round 2 - After a lull in action. Tibau again shoots from halfway across the cage and crashes Guillard into the cage. Guillard fends off the takedown, though, and delivers an elbow. Tibau dips for the double leg and then single, but Guillard balances to avoid the takedown before sending Tibau head over heels with a nifty toss. Tibau gets back to his feet, and we start again. "Melvin! Melvin!" chants begin, and the UFC's bad boy is starting to win over some fans here at The Pearl. Tibau connects on the first part of a one-two combo before he dips and shoots. Guillard fends off the takedown, but Tibau stays clinched and pins his opponent against the cage. Tibau finally gets the takedown, but Guillard gets to his feet with no damage. Guillard has now officially entered the longest fight of his UFC career, according to Scott Sherman of the Salt Lake Trib, who's sitting next to me. Guillard takes the center of the cage, and now he's perhaps being a little too patient. The pace slows before Guillard connects with a body kick. Tibau shoots and pulls Guillard's legs out from under him to get the takedown. Guillard tries to walk up the cage with his back, but Tibau keeps him on the mat as the round ends. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Tibau based on overall octagon control.

Round 3 - The final frame is underway, and Guillard needs to get busy. He connects early with a lunging shot, avoids a counter but eats the next one. Tibau then shoots and swiftly takes Guillard to the mat. Tibau frees a leg and works from half guard, but as usual, Tibau delivers no blows. However, he finally secures the mount position. Guillard pulls him close but eats a few short forearm strikes. Guillard tries to buck free, but Tibau is locked in tight with the mount position. Tibau delivers a few punches from above. Guillard initially avoids damage, but Tibau creates some distance and lands a couple nice shots. Guillard secures one leg, and Tibau works from half guard. Tibau now connects with better frequency with short punches and then puts a forearm across Guillard's neck. The crowds wants a standup, but Tibau is staying busy. Guillard bucks his way free and finally gets back to his feet. Guillard shoots himself and sends Tibau careening into the cage possibly with a case of shiplash. Tibau, though, avoids the takedown and then again takes Guillard back down, killing the energy of the crowd. Working from half guard, Tibau drops an elbow strike drom above and then works punches to the body. The strikes continue for the final 20 seconds of the fight as Tibau secures mount again. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Tibau. Melvin Guillard def. Gleison Tibau via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28). Shocking decision.

Blackburn was questionable apparently as well
\

BRAD BLACKBURN VS. EDGAR GARCIA

Round 1 - Kim Winslow gets things started, and we're underway. Blackburn lands a nice one-two combo that staggers Garcia just seconds into the back. Garcia quickly answers, but Blackburn again connects. Garcia clinches, Blackburn shoves him away, but Garcia then scoops up his opponent up over his head and slams him to the mat. Wow. Blackburn quickly gets back to his feet, though, and this already-exciting bout continues. The fighters trade jabs and smile as they do so. Both guys striking with remarkable speed. Garcia lands a nice one-two to the chest before blocking a body kick. Garcia connects on a right as Blackburn closes the distance. The fighters trade shots at the exact same time and then smile and wink at each other. Again, the fighters trade shows, and Garcia starts to get the better of it. Blackburn, though, doesn't budge and continues trying to time his shots. More punches from both fighters, but they remain just out of range. Blackburn goes low with a kick and then lands a nice one to the body. Garcia lands a glancing right on the subsequent exchange and unloads a quick flurry that forces Blackburn to cover up as the round ends, but one blow is an illegal knee to the groin. Fantastic first round. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Garcia.

Round 2 - Blackburn gets an additional minute to recover from the knee to the groin before the second round begins. The fighters again take to the center of the cage and trade punches. They match each other strike for strike while waiting for the home-run shot. Garcia strikes first with a nice blow that delights the crowd. Blackburn lands a shot the head before retreating. Garcia pushes forward but retreats, and we start again. Blackburn with a lot of head movement and footwork as he awaits an opening. Garcia backs him off by feigning a left. Garcia complains of a kick to the groin, and we have a brief timeout. Garcia fires off a couple nice low kicks before eating a jab when he comes in for a third. However, he catches Blackburn with two quick straight punches. Blackburn connects on a leg kick, but Garcia shakes it off. Blackburn gets tripped up while looking for an opening and briefly retreats before the fighters take the center of the cage again. Garcia lands a low kick of his own before the fighters each connect on a quick hook to the other's face. MMAjunkie.com scores a close round for Garcia, 10-9.

Round 3 - The fighters again take to the center of the cage and patiently trade single shots. Garcia lands a nice jab, but the pace has slowed as each looks for the big shot. Blackburn connects on the tailend of a combo before partially connecting on a face kick that wakes up Garcia. Blackburn land a body kick, but Garcia staggers him with a combo and starts to stalk. The crowd senses Blackburn is hurt, and Garcia continues throwing, but Blackburn quickly regains his composure. Neither fighter will change the game plan, and the fighters throw punches but no bunches. Blackburn lands a nice combo and body kick and backs up Garcia. Garcia pushes forward with a right, but Blackburn again catches him with a combo and then a body kick. Neither fighter has even considered a takedown. Garcia now connects, and sure enough, Blackburn scores a trip takedown. Garcia gets back up and blasts Blackburn with a blow that sends a splash of blood all over both competitors, and Garcia trips to the mat before the round ends. A nice ovation for the two fighters. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Garcia, though the fight was closer than the scores would indicate. Brad Blackburn def. Edgar Garcia via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28.). Wow. Just wow. The post-fight interview is drowned out by a steady stream of boos.

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:24 AM
Crap, I just lost me feed again! Does anyone know where I can find a working stream???

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Finally found one. Wow, Burns is laying it onto Chris!!

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 02:34 AM
Crap, I just lost me feed again! Does anyone know where I can find a working stream???spike tv:laugh:

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:36 AM
O man, back & forth to start off the 2nd! Chris is punishing the body of Kevin, too.

Joe - "O, replay, booth? OK, let's just look at another ball shot."

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:37 AM
spike tv:laugh:Believe me, dude, I would if I had cable. This is a pain in the neck.

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 02:37 AM
what is with burns and illegal shots? The eye poke on Johnson, now 3 nutshots on Lytle, they are probably accidental, but at some point you have to be a tad more careful

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Believe me, dude, I would if I had cable. This is a pain in the neck.
did you try channelsurfing.net?

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:39 AM
Dude, Burns can't help but hit illegal blows! First the 3 eye-pokes against Rumble & this time with the 3 ball shots. Not a fan of this dude.

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 02:40 AM
theres Rashad in the crowd...I'm surprised his eyes aren't still crossed haha

http://laracroftssidekick.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

burns bleeding quite a bit also, but doesn't seem to be going into his eyes

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:40 AM
did you try channelsurfing.net?Yeah, but they just re-direct to justin.tv & the UFC already shut those down.

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:42 AM
Lytle is ripping Kein's ribs apart. I'd give Rnd 1 to Kevin, 2 to Lytle & 3 seems to belong to Chris so far.

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Lytle wins by UD

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Yeah, Chris won!!!! :frantics:

So far so good on Ultimate Finale! :w00t:

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 02:49 AM
Yeah, but they just re-direct to justin.tv & the UFC already shut those down.
they usually have a link for the TVUnetworks also, i don't know what to tell ya then

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:49 AM
Great fight by Chris. Glad to hear his daughter won her tourney!

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 02:53 AM
whats with Lesnars facial hair hahah

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:56 AM
Here we go, WAR DeMARQUES!!!

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 02:59 AM
i didn't watch this season, but I saw some of the episodes during the marathon today...so from what I'VE seen, I'll give my opinions....Demarques seems like a good guy, i want him to win this fight....and secondly, I hope Henderson beats Bisping because Bisping seemed like an arsehole plus I didn't care for him to begin with...when he squirted his water in D's face, it made me dislike him even more

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 03:06 AM
i didn't watch this season, but I saw some of the episodes during the marathon today...so from what I'VE seen, I'll give my opinions....Demarques seems like a good guy, i want him to win this fight....and secondly, I hope Henderson beats Bisping because Bisping seemed like an arsehole plus I didn't care for him to begin with...when he squirted his water in D's face, it made me dislike him even moreYeah, everything I've seen has made me like Bisping less & less. I've got a lot of respect for the UK fighters, but none for their coach.

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:08 AM
why's James fighting out of California if he is on the UK team?

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 03:09 AM
This is the important one, people. War Johnson, War Horn, War Team Elite!

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 03:13 AM
why's James fighting out of California if he is on the UK team?Yeah, I thought it was funny, he apparently he is an English guy who moved to Cali to train 9yrs ago, so I don't count him as a full UK member!! :laugh:

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Wilkes just took D to school, is it just me or did he look a lot bigger than Demarques?

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 03:14 AM
****! I'm so pissed right now. I'm about ready to just go to bed. G'night y'all.

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:15 AM
ok well lets go Diego...I'm not a Diego fan, but Clay Guida resembles a blanket too much for me to root for him

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:17 AM
Wilkes just took D to school, is it just me or did he look a lot bigger than Demarques?

I didn't think he looked a "lot" bigger but, yes, bigger. I think he was just a little too much for Demarques, but kudos for Demarques for getting out of a lot of those sub attempts before the "final" one Wilkes laid on him. :wink:

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:18 AM
****! I'm so pissed right now. I'm about ready to just go to bed. G'night y'all.

Noooooo! Don't gooooooooo, Ben! :laugh:

Aren't you gonna stay up and watch "Rogan's Comedy Show" after the fights?

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:27 AM
Noooooo! Don't gooooooooo, Ben! :laugh:

Aren't you gonna stay up and watch "Rogan's Comedy Show" after the fights?are you?

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:35 AM
are you?

I am curious enough to, yeah. How 'bout you? :unsure-1:

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Holy smackers! Diego means business! That hair of Clay's isn't help'n him much so far. :laugh:

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:38 AM
I am curious enough to, yeah. How 'bout you? :unsure-1:
yeah, i don't necessarily agree with him that much, but I like when he goes after hecklers, the language is foul, but it doesn't bother me

and wow, what a start to the fight, i'm impressed guida took all that punishment

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Holy smackers! Diego means business! That hair of Clay's isn't help'n him much so far. :laugh:
now that its on the ground, it is helping function as a blanket which is what guida is on the ground against good bjj guys, LNP

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:40 AM
diego is beating that arse, and Guida is still going, dang, I give him props on his heart

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 03:41 AM
OK, I'm back. Sorry, I'm not a very gracious loser. :laugh:

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:46 AM

Uh, huh, see how much you miss when you leave in a snit. :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 03:48 AM
Man, crazy 2nd rnd.

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Joe just said, "Clay Guida is a master at stifiling jujitsu." :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 03:50 AM
Uh, huh, see how much you miss when you leave in a snit. :laugh:Yeah, I know. So from what I read, Diego won 1, but it looks like Guida won 2, does that sound right?

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Yeah, I know. So from what I read, Diego won 1, but it looks like Guida won 2, does that sound right?

Yeah.

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Yeah, I know. So from what I read, Diego won 1, but it looks like Guida won 2, does that sound right?Diego might have gotten a 10-8 in the first though...and he was effective of his back in the 2nd, but guida blanketed him enough to win it

Liddellfan
06-21-2009, 03:54 AM
AWESOME fight!!!

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:54 AM
the fight was amazing, FON easily

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Nice last round. I think Diego took it, though.

Bonnie
Diego might have gotten a 10-8 in the first though...and he was effective of his back in the 2nd, but guida blanketed him enough to win it

I really think Diego should get it though, don't you? :unsure-1:

F34R
i dont think guida won the second. He barely did anything from the top and Diego was raining UP some elbows from the bottom. 30/27 Diego

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 03:56 AM
Huh, turns out that Lashley/Sapp & Yvel/Rizzo is next weekend.

Liddellfan
06-21-2009, 03:57 AM
Diego looks good at LW. Seems to have really improved his striking. DIEGO WINS!!!!!

F34R
split for diego!

matthughesfan21
I really think Diego should get it though, don't you? :unsure-1:
i sure would hope so

yep he did by SD...I had it 29-27

VCURamFan
I wouldn't have been surprised to see 29-27 for Diego. Great fight from both guys, though.

Bonnie
Good, they gave it to Diego; I was worried there for a minute.

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:59 AM
All around good night with the exception of Damarques losing. :wink:

Now, let's go see what kind of "funny" Rogan is. :laugh:

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 04:02 AM
All around good night with the exception of Damarques losing. :wink:

Now, let's go see what kind of "funny" Rogan is. :laugh:started with weed and now on pube hair color:unsure-1:

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 04:25 AM
Yeah, Joe's pretty much only funny when he's fighting with hecklers or Carlos Mencia.

logrus
06-21-2009, 04:38 AM
Can't see how it was a split, Diego dominated the first round, and was the way busier fighter on the ground for the second round, Clay tried to do his specialty and hold a fighter down, but Diego wanted none of it.

3rd round was close but I think Diego got the better in all the excvhange and even tried for a couple submissions at the end.

I can't respect the man now after he gave props to the carpenters union lol,

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 04:40 AM
started with weed and now on pube hair color:unsure-1:

Yeah, I'm not too impressed. I actually left Joe and came to see what you guys were doing. :)

I liked Joe on Fear Factor, but sometimes, okay a lot of times, his voice gets on my nerves when he's "commentating" during the fights. I just wish he wouldn't talk quite so much so we could enjoy the fight without all that constant yaking. :wink:

Maldonado136
06-21-2009, 05:19 AM
good night of fights. other than nate losing everything pretty much went the way i had hoped. i cant believe one of the judges gave the fight to guida its not like it was a close fight. diego dominated the first, guida won the second, and diego won the third. all guida did in the third is he tried not to get submitted by that kimura. thats it.

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
06-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Deigo took the first huge strikes.
Clay took the Second. On top.
Third Clay hurt Deigo with strikes. Deigo was trying subs on the bottom.At one point Deigo stop trying and just holding him down with it. Very smart. Fight should of been 5 rounds. Clay would of taken it. It was 3. Could of been a draw. But they gave it to Deigo. Hell of a fight. Rematch for sure!
WAR CLAY

Tyburn
06-21-2009, 07:06 AM
:blink: Johnson Lost.

Unbelieveable. :mellow:

GnP
06-21-2009, 08:38 AM
:blink: Johnson Lost.

Unbelieveable. :mellow:

Not really just because he was americas best fighter he still looked poor in the earlier fights. I must admit loved seeing him dominated so much, after all his talking he did not come close to backing it up. Well done UK took the americans apart :)

atomdanger
06-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Man... interesting night of fights.
Joe Stevenson won, and I like him, but I wasn't very impressed.
I don't feel like he ever had Nate Diaz in any real trouble.

I like Ross Pearson, but he has a lot of work to do to hang in the UFC.

Chris Lytle vs. Kevin Burns wasn't very exiting to me,
sloppy standup fights aren't my favorite, but the cut was nice.

DaMarques Johnson vs. James Wilks wasn't very amazing to me either,
although Wilks looked pretty sick on the ground.

Diego Sanchez was an animal, damn... Moving camps has done him good.

logrus
06-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Deigo took the first huge strikes.
Clay took the Second. On top.
Third Clay hurt Deigo with strikes. Deigo was trying subs on the bottom.At one point Deigo stop trying and just holding him down with it. Very smart. Fight should of been 5 rounds. Clay would of taken it. It was 3. Could of been a draw. But they gave it to Deigo. Hell of a fight. Rematch for sure!
WAR CLAY

All Clay did on the top in round 2 was eat about a million Diego elbows, as hard as I may I still couldnt give him round 2. In round 3 Diegos got the better of the strikes and tried to pull of a coule subs, a lot better then Clay "hold me down" Guida.

Maldonado136
06-21-2009, 07:41 PM
All Clay did on the top in round 2 was eat about a million Diego elbows, as hard as I may I still couldnt give him round 2. In round 3 Diegos got the better of the strikes and tried to pull of a coule subs, a lot better then Clay "hold me down" Guida.

yup. clays style irritates the hell outta me. i wouldnt mind if he fights the way he does as long as he makes attempts to pass the guard or do any real damage at all but he doesnt. just because you make silly faces while stalling doesnt mean youre being exciting. im glad he wasnt able to get away with it this time.

Maldonado136
06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Man... interesting night of fights.
Joe Stevenson won, and I like him, but I wasn't very impressed.
I don't feel like he ever had Nate Diaz in any real trouble.

I like Ross Pearson, but he has a lot of work to do to hang in the UFC.

Chris Lytle vs. Kevin Burns wasn't very exiting to me,
sloppy standup fights aren't my favorite, but the cut was nice.

DaMarques Johnson vs. James Wilks wasn't very amazing to me either,
although Wilks looked pretty sick on the ground.

Diego Sanchez was an animal, damn... Moving camps has done him good.

i think you expect too much from the ultimate fighter guys. there not supposed to be spectacular fighters yet which is the point of the show. forrest wasnt that good at all in the beginning but he is now. in a few years ross will be a serious force to be reckoned with.

logrus
06-21-2009, 10:31 PM
yup. clays style irritates the hell outta me. i wouldnt mind if he fights the way he does as long as he makes attempts to pass the guard or do any real damage at all but he doesnt. just because you make silly faces while stalling doesnt mean youre being exciting. im glad he wasnt able to get away with it this time.

I feel the same way about his style. The announcers were talking about his vicious ground and pound but to be honest I can't remember the last time I saw it. Last night when he go Diego down he really didn't do much damage, subs or guard passing, he just seemed to be happy holding position.

I don't remember much from his last fight with Nate, just a lot of holding from the back standing and occasionally taking it to the ground after that nothing.

atomdanger
06-21-2009, 11:07 PM
i think you expect too much from the ultimate fighter guys. there not supposed to be spectacular fighters yet which is the point of the show. forrest wasnt that good at all in the beginning but he is now. in a few years ross will be a serious force to be reckoned with.

I might.
But I expect them to be able to hang in the division they want to be a part of,
the idea of the show should be to find the best unsigned talent in that division.

Neezar
06-22-2009, 03:46 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't believe that I missed them.