PDA

View Full Version : Put those cookies down!

MattHughesRocks
06-20-2009, 02:16 PM
:scared0011:

Sometimes, life just isn't worth living :cry:

NEW YORK Nestle USA on Friday voluntarily recalled its Toll House refrigerated cookie dough products after a number of illnesses were reported by those who ate the dough raw.

The company said the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control are investigating reported E. coli illnesses that might be related eating the dough.

In a statement, the FDA said there have been 66 reports of illness across 28 states since March. About 25 people have been hospitalized, but no one has died.

The FDA advised consumers to throw away any prepackaged, refrigerated Nestle Toll House cookie dough products in their homes. Retailers, restauranteurs and employees at other food-service operations should also not sell or serve any of the products.

Nestle spokeswoman Roz O'Hearn said "this has been a very quickly moving situation," adding the company took action less than 24 hours after hearing of the problem.

O'Hearn said the company will "cooperate fully" with the FDA's investigation.

The recall includes refrigerated cookie bar dough, cookie dough tub, cookie dough tubes, limited edition cookie dough items, seasonal cookie dough and Ultimates cookie bar dough. It extends to chocolate chip dough and other varieties, including gingerbread, sugar and peanut butter cookie dough. It does not affect any other Toll House products, including ice cream that contains Toll House raw cookie dough.

The FDA also said consumers should not try to cook the dough, even though eating cooked dough would be safe, because consumers might get bacteria on their hands and on counters and other cooking surfaces.

E. coli is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration and, in the most severe cases, kidney failure.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090619/ap_on_re_us/us_nestle_recall

TexasRN
06-20-2009, 02:27 PM
I love cookies and cookie dough. :cry:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
06-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Hell I'm wearing a black band around my arm all day :cry:

NateR
06-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Just buy another brand of cookie dough.:huh:

matthughesfan21
06-20-2009, 04:12 PM
the only cookie dough we sell at the small store I work at is Pillsbury...so thats what I eat...I prefer dough over baked cookies

VCURamFan
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
the only cookie dough we sell at the small store I work at is Pillsbury...so thats what I eat...I prefer dough over baked cookiesAgreed.

Jason 16
06-20-2009, 04:37 PM
the only cookie dough we sell at the small store I work at is Pillsbury...so thats what I eat...I prefer dough over baked cookies
Agree +1

Bonnie
06-20-2009, 05:13 PM

Or....make your own dough. :wink:

This doesn't involve cooking, Michelle, I know you can do it. Do you own a mixer? :unsure-1: Do you know what that is? :tongue0011: :laugh:

Chuck
06-20-2009, 05:20 PM

Cookie dough> cookies

NateR
06-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Do you own a mixer? :unsure-1: Do you know what that is? :tongue0011: :laugh:

:laugh: And she's not talking about a "singles mixer", Michelle. :laugh:

Primadawn
06-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Michelle, don't fret! They sell a tub of Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough at Sam's Club. It's fabulous. There. Day saved. :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-20-2009, 05:34 PM

This doesn't involve cooking, Michelle, I know you can do it. Do you own a mixer? :unsure-1: Do you know what that is? :tongue0011: :laugh:Have you heard about the BBQ sauce on her LR ceiling. Let's not give her anymore ideas.:ninja: :Whistle:

Bonnie
06-20-2009, 05:40 PM

:laugh:

Yeah, Michelle, I'm not talk'n about a "dough boy". :laugh:

Bonnie
06-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Have you heard about the BBQ sauce on her LR ceiling. Let's not give her anymore ideas.:ninja: :Whistle:

What, was she opening one of those little packets and it squirted everywhere but on her COSTCO dinner? :laugh:

VCURamFan
06-20-2009, 06:06 PM
What, was she opening one of those little packets and it squirted everywhere but on her COSTCO dinner? :laugh:Ummmm...yeah, that's what happened...:unsure-1: :ninja: :scared0011:

Bonnie
06-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Ummmm...yeah, that's what happened...:unsure-1: :ninja: :scared0011:

What? :huh: Didn't I ever tell you I'm psychic. :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
06-20-2009, 08:17 PM
only problem with cookie dough is salmonella. but that won't stop me from eating it!

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 03:08 AM
Oh Nathan...my little Grasshopper....how will you learn if I don't teach you? TOLLHOUSE is the way to go.For chocolate chip cookies...there just isn't any other brand :rolleyes:

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Pillsbury is soooo low end. It's like welfare cookies and baked is better!:w00t:

matthughesfan21
06-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Pillsbury is soooo low end. It's like welfare cookies and baked is better!:w00t:well, any cookie dough is good for me...and dough is much much much better

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 03:21 AM
Bonnie....now don't fall off your rocking chair there lady but I own a mixer! I grew up baking cookies from scratch and am a very very good baker! :w00t:

Granted, I rarely bake anymore but that's just because I don't have anyone to bake for but I have even baked apple pies from scratch before :happydancing:

So put that in your dough and kneads it! :laugh:

This doesn't involve cooking, Michelle, I know you can do it. Do you own a mixer? :unsure-1: Do you know what that is? :tongue0011: :laugh:

Neezar
06-21-2009, 03:23 AM
Pillsbury is soooo low end. It's like welfare cookies and baked is better!:w00t:

Pillsbury = welfare cookies. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

matthughesfan21
Bonnie....now don't fall off your rocking chair there lady but I own a mixer! I grew up baking cookies from scratch and am a very very good baker! :w00t:

Granted, I rarely bake anymore but that's just because I don't have anyone to bake for but I have even baked apple pies from scratch before :happydancing:

So put that in your dough and kneads it! :laugh:a good baker who doesn't bake that often? well ain't that about worthless

MattHughesRocks
I don't even go to singles mixers.I'm shy, I stay home.I'm waiting for Superman to come get me :rolleyes:

How did this thread end up being about me anyway? It's about the dough! :laugh:

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:24 AM
Oh Nathan...my little Grasshopper....how will you learn if I don't teach you? TOLLHOUSE is the way to go.For chocolate chip cookies...there just isn't any other brand :rolleyes:

Michelle, is you the Cookie Monster? :laugh:

Btw, I agree TOLLHOUSE rules! :ninja:

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 03:25 AM
Thanks kid! :angry:

Have you heard about the BBQ sauce on her LR ceiling. Let's not give her anymore ideas.:ninja: :Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 03:26 AM
Well then what about a boy with dough? :unsure-1:

Yeah, Michelle, I'm not talk'n about a "dough boy". :laugh:

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Well then what about a boy with dough? :unsure-1:

Now you're talk'n! :winking0071: You know what they say, "It's just as easy to love a man with money..." :laugh: Then he can buy you all the cookies you want. :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 03:35 AM
Ok, this is what really happened...it's a little embarrassing but whatever. Not like I shop at your local grocer where you can see, point and laugh :laugh:

I was broiling a steak ( despite the fact that Mac thinks I fry hot dogs for dinner :sick: ) and the fat started melting and got on the oven and it started smoking setting off my LOUD smoke detector.Well, since I had already beaten my last smoke detector into 5 pieces and have it shoved in a drawer I wasnt wanting to kill another so I grabbed the pot holder that was on the kitchen counter to "wave" at the smoke detector to get the smoke away so it would STOP BEEPING.Well, the pot holder had BBQ sauce on it that flung onto the ceiling.So basically...a Tuesady night at my place.
The End

What, was she opening one of those little packets and it squirted everywhere but on her COSTCO dinner? :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Absolutely!

Michelle, is you the Cookie Monster? :laugh:

Btw, I agree TOLLHOUSE rules! :ninja:

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 03:39 AM
And Dairy Queen = welfare ice cream :yuck:

Pillsbury = welfare cookies. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TexasRN
06-21-2009, 03:45 AM
I bought 2 containers of cookie dough ice cream today thanks to this thread. :laugh:

~Amy

rockdawg21
06-21-2009, 04:18 AM
I'd rather have a protein shake or grilled chicken breast.

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 04:20 AM
I bought 2 containers of cookie dough ice cream today thanks to this thread. :laugh:

~AmyHaha, awesome sauce!

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Oh shut up!

I'd rather have a protein shake or grilled chicken breast.

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 04:27 AM
Ok, this is what really happened...it's a little embarrassing but whatever. Not like I shop at your local grocer where you can see, point and laugh :laugh:

I was broiling a steak ( despite the fact that Mac thinks I fry hot dogs for dinner :sick: ) and the fat started melting and got on the oven and it started smoking setting off my LOUD smoke detector.Well, since I had already beaten my last smoke detector into 5 pieces and have it shoved in a drawer I wasnt wanting to kill another so I grabbed the pot holder that was on the kitchen counter to "wave" at the smoke detector to get the smoke away so it would STOP BEEPING.Well, the pot holder had BBQ sauce on it that flung onto the ceiling.So basically...a Tuesady night at my place.
The End

Sounds like an episode of "I Love Lucy". :laugh:

I have a funny "kitchen" story too: So David makes me pancakes for breakfast one morning. The way our stove and microwave was in this particular house was where the microwave is right above the stove. So it's later that morning and all of a sudden our fire alarm goes off. David starts screaming my name (to alert me :rolleyes: ) and I run into the kitchen. Sure enough flames are shooting up from the griddle he had used earlier. Apparently, he had left the burner on low and it had taken awhile for the residual butter to catch fire. When I ran into the kitchen I didn't see David but the door into the garage was open so I figured he was getting the fire extinguisher. I was frantically trying to recall what was safe to throw on a fire when he comes back in with the extinguisher. Well, I'm waiting for him to put the fire out....nothing happens....so I turn to look at him holding the extinguisher with the hose pointing toward the fire. I look back at the fire...then him again! :scared0011: I say, "What are you waiting for!" Yes, my voice was raised, a bit. :laugh: He says, "I don't want to make a mess." :huh: :blink: :scared0015: I turn and look at the flames shooting higher, then back at him, and say, "Do it! Just do it!" (Hey, I just realize I came up with that before Nike did, darn it! :laugh: ) Anyways, he finally shoots the flames down and it did make a mess, but one I was happy to clean up. As you might have guessed, my hubby gets a little rattled during a crisis. :rolleyes: :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
06-21-2009, 04:40 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :happy0198:

I have an apple pie story but I'll safe it for another time :ashamed:

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 04:44 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :happy0198:

I have an apple pie story but I'll safe it for another time :ashamed:

:laugh:I think American Pie told a similar story already...:Whistle:

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 04:49 AM
I think American Pie told a similar story already...:Whistle:

:laugh: Ben I just thought of that movie too when she said apple pie and "story". I'm glad you mentioned it first.

Hughes_GOAT
06-21-2009, 05:25 AM
from cookies to movies

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 05:28 AM
from cookies to movies

Just admit it, Goat. When she said apple pie, you were thinking, "I'd hit it!" :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
06-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Just admit it, Goat. When she said apple pie, you were thinking, "I'd hit it!" :laugh:
apple pie, no. cheesecake, yeah!

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 05:50 AM
apple pie, no. cheesecake, yeah!

Oh man, you make it too easy, but no, I've got to be good. :laugh:

:tongue0011:

Hughes_GOAT
06-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Oh man, you make it too easy, but no, I've got to be good. :laugh:

:tongue0011:
you're dirty!

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 06:08 AM
you're dirty!

Am not! I'm nice and clean. :laugh:

Get your head out of the cheesecake! :tongue0011:

Hughes_GOAT
06-21-2009, 06:11 AM
Am not! I'm nice and clean. :laugh:

Get your head out of the cheesecake! :tongue0011:

my head?

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 06:16 AM
my head?

Good Night, Goat.... :laugh:

Primadawn
06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Oh no she didn't call my cookie dough WELFARE cookies!!!:angry:

rockdawg21
06-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Oh shut up!
:cry:

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Oh no she didn't call my cookie dough WELFARE cookies!!!:angry:

Is it time for a MHF SMACKDOWN? :laugh:

I wonder if Buffer and Big John are available. :unsure:

Hughes_GOAT
06-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Good Night, Goat.... :laugh:
hahahaha

Tyburn
06-21-2009, 10:22 PM
WTF is cookie dough??

if I wanted cookies, I'd just buy biscuits...I wouldnt go making them myself :blink:

I have niether the time, nor the inclination to make cookies, not now, not ever...and with this lifestyle I cant afford to buy them, and for my healths sake I cant afford to eat them neither, whether cooked, or uncooked.

Think of the fat and calories....I mean even if you break them so the calories can escape, meaning you can then eat twice as much...your still going to get rotund...then not even Andreas would "hit it" :blink:

Hughes_GOAT
06-22-2009, 12:14 AM
i eat whatever i want. my metabolism is like Clay Guida, it never stops!

TexasRN
06-22-2009, 12:56 AM

:cool: Me too.

~Amy

Tyburn
06-22-2009, 01:30 AM
do you have dumbass hair also :huh: :laugh:

Tyburn
06-22-2009, 01:31 AM

~Amy
:laugh: BEHAVE AMY :ninja:

Hughes_GOAT
06-22-2009, 01:39 AM

~Amy
cool huh?

Hughes_GOAT
06-22-2009, 01:40 AM
do you have dumbass hair also :huh: :laugh:
i have Edward Cullen hair.

Tyburn
06-22-2009, 01:41 AM
i have Edward Cullen hair.
:blink: ohh...oooookay :unsure-1:

Sorry...who :huh:

:mellow:

Hughes_GOAT
06-22-2009, 01:45 AM

nevermind.

MattHughesRocks
06-22-2009, 02:37 AM
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww8/theswitkiszer/edward.jpg

County Mike
06-22-2009, 11:26 AM
I just finished off a tub of that cookie dough. Didn't get sick though, just fat.

http://static.flickr.com/31/63455715_d49fe8d32c.jpg

It makes 80 cookies!!!! That's a lie. I only got about 12 cookies out of that tub. The rest went into my belly raw.

Tyburn
06-22-2009, 02:01 PM
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww8/theswitkiszer/edward.jpg
:laugh: :laugh:

Never imagined Andreas as a Goth :blink:

Andreas if your hair style looks like that...:unsure:

MattHughesRocks
06-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Yuuummmm :rolleyes:

http://static.flickr.com/31/63455715_d49fe8d32c.jpg

MattHughesRocks
06-22-2009, 02:31 PM
The hair isn't "goth" Dave.It's just thick healthy hair. Your young. You should know at least a little about what "cool" is.:blink:

:laugh: :laugh:

Never imagined Andreas as a Goth :blink:

Andreas if your hair style looks like that...:unsure:

rockdawg21
06-22-2009, 03:18 PM
"Oh you made cookies! I'm looking forward to tossing them!" - Name the actor and/or movie!

County Mike
06-22-2009, 05:54 PM
"Oh you made cookies! I'm looking forward to tossing them!" - Name the actor and/or movie!

Arnold from "Twins".

Hughes_GOAT
06-22-2009, 07:42 PM
The hair isn't "goth" Dave.It's just thick healthy hair. Your young. You should know at least a little about what "cool" is.:blink:
thank you!

rockdawg21
06-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Arnold from "Twins".
You are the MAN!!!!!!!!!! :happydancing: