PDA

View Full Version : Obama is a fly killer ...

rearnakedchoke
06-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Your president is now getting hate from PETA ...

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/06/obama_and_the_f.php

NateR
06-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Those PETA people are completely insane.:blink: I'd have to side with Obama on this one.

Are they planning to hold a candlelight vigil for the fly? :laugh:

J.B.
06-18-2009, 12:51 AM
So, THIS is what Obama has been doing in his spare time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAQXJbfihxo

NateR
06-18-2009, 01:07 AM
So, THIS is what Obama has been doing in his spare time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAQXJbfihxo

I remember that old game. :laugh:

J.B.
06-18-2009, 01:12 AM
I remember that old game. :laugh:

Loves me some Mario Paint!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVlw9iWvE5k

NateR
06-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Loves me some Mario Paint!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVlw9iWvE5k

I spent endless hours on that music composer; but I could never do anything like that. I always just assumed it was the limitations of the game and not my complete lack of musical abilities. :unsure-1: I still think my game was defective.:laugh:

J.B.
06-18-2009, 01:23 AM
I spent endless hours on that music composer; but I could never do anything like that. I always just assumed it was the limitations of the game and not my complete lack of musical abilities. :unsure-1: I still think my game was defective.:laugh:

There are some absolutely crazy compositions posted on Youtube. Some people are really good with it. When I played with it as a kid I never truly understood it's possibilities. You can even make animations with it. A very cool piece of nostalgia. :)

NateR
06-18-2009, 01:45 AM
There are some absolutely crazy compositions posted on Youtube. Some people are really good with it. When I played with it as a kid I never truly understood it's possibilities. You can even make animations with it. A very cool piece of nostalgia. :)

Also proof that a good game doesn't need all the fancy, hi-res graphics.

rockdawg21
06-18-2009, 03:34 AM
PETA, wow. Next thing you know, they're going to wage war against the venus flytrap because it's a carnivorous plant. :rotfl:

http://www.equilibriocarnivorousplants.com/pictures/Venus_Flytrap2_P7010024.jpg

J.B.
06-18-2009, 03:38 AM
PETA, wow. Next thing you know, they're going to wage war against the venus flytrap because it's a carnivorous plant. :rotfl:

http://www.equilibriocarnivorousplants.com/pictures/Venus_Flytrap2_P7010024.jpg

I have always found Venus Flytraps to be fascinating.

I had one was I was younger, and I have always pondered...Venus Flytrap, plant or pet? :laugh:

Bonnie
06-18-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm more concerned that he didn't wash his hands after the "killing". :laugh:

J.B.
06-18-2009, 05:29 AM
I applaud this obvious gesture of testicular fortitude. Today the fly, tomorrow Iran!

County Mike
06-18-2009, 12:00 PM
What about THIS Venus Fly Trap?

http://www.nissanpedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/littleshop.jpg

Crisco
06-18-2009, 12:40 PM
What about THIS Venus Fly Trap?

http://www.nissanpedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/littleshop.jpg

feeeeed meehh

rockdawg21
06-18-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm more concerned that he didn't wash his hands after the "killing". :laugh:
Haha, yeah, I saw that this morning and thought the same thing myself. :laugh: Pretty funny how he just wanted to get back onto the interview and not make a big deal out of it, but the reporter wouldn't shut up. It was great when Obama had them zoom in on the fly. I was cracking up over that!

I applaud this obvious gesture of testicular fortitude. Today the fly, tomorrow Iran!
Haha, well if he decides to take on PETA or Iran, then WAR OBAMA!!!!!!!!

Tyburn
06-18-2009, 11:41 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

I think it was great! Flies are pests that carry diseases and stuff...I once had a fly infestation when a pigeon died in my chimmney....It was Verrrra unpleasent...and a complete massicre.

I went to bed alone...and woke up the next morning accompanied by the hum of over three hundred large flies.

I killed them all...every last one of them with so much fly spray I nearly poisened myself.

Then I collected their little bodies one by one...and counted them...up until three hundred...then I go bored. See Flies dont have a proper brain, they have what are called Ganglia...which means if you know how, you can cut a fly up...and keep it alive...in the sense that you can still get its legs and wings to move because the Ganglia act as miniture brains. Most flies have three.

...So I admit...I tortured them after I gassed them...Some I cut up...whilst they were still alive...others I just squashed...and some were realllll juicey also :laugh:

J.B.
06-18-2009, 11:57 PM
...So I admit...I tortured them after I gassed them...Some I cut up...whilst they were still alive...others I just squashed...and some were realllll juicey also :laugh:

Dave, thats disturbing... :laugh:

I have an Uncle down in Tennessee who used to take Hercules Beetles and tie fire crackers to their front pinchers, and he is like 60 years old, but he's never been all there! :laugh:

NateR
06-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Supposedly PETA mailed Obama a "catch-and-release" fly catcher just in case this ever happens again.:rolleyes:

If I were Obama I'd mail them the dead fly.

VCURamFan
06-19-2009, 03:33 AM
Supposedly PETA mailed Obama a "catch-and-release" fly catcher just in case this ever happens again.:rolleyes:

If I were Obama I'd mail them the dead fly.If you were Obama, you would have had the decency to not run for president!

rockdawg21
06-19-2009, 03:51 AM

I think it was great! Flies are pests that carry diseases and stuff...I once had a fly infestation when a pigeon died in my chimmney....It was Verrrra unpleasent...and a complete massicre.

I went to bed alone...and woke up the next morning accompanied by the hum of over three hundred large flies.

I killed them all...every last one of them with so much fly spray I nearly poisened myself.

Then I collected their little bodies one by one...and counted them...up until three hundred...then I go bored. See Flies dont have a proper brain, they have what are called Ganglia...which means if you know how, you can cut a fly up...and keep it alive...in the sense that you can still get its legs and wings to move because the Ganglia act as miniture brains. Most flies have three.

Dave, that's a high indication that you're likely to be a serial killer. Most serial killers follow 2 common paths as children and young adults; 1 - they kill/torture animals, 2 - they wet the bed as children into young adulthood. Hopefully, you're not doing the 2nd one or I'll be scared for you! :laugh:

As for #1, when the killing/torture of animals becomes to boring, they tend to look for another route of satisfaction, usually in the form of killing/torture of humans. Be careful Dave!

Neezar
06-19-2009, 04:36 AM

:unsure-1:

That is like Hannibal Dahmer living in the Amityville Horror.

J.B.
06-19-2009, 05:04 AM
:unsure-1:

That is like Hannibal Dahmer living in the Amityville Horror.

:laugh:

mikthehick
06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I hope flies start to target PETA people. They are uncharacteristically over the top on EVERYTHING.

Besides, weren't they huge endorsers of Mr. O last year??

That's fine, but heck, the guy is only a human. I guess being a prez and killing flies does not make you worthy of their time.

PS--My brother's friend worked at the PETA in Norfolk for 2 days last summer, and he brought a turkey sandwich to work and they fired him. So that night, he left a big slab of raw meat on the desk of the boss :cool: That's what I call 'going out in style'.

rockdawg21
06-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I hope flies start to target PETA people. They are uncharacteristically over the top on EVERYTHING.

That's fine, but heck, the guy is only a human. I guess being a prez and killing flies does not make you worthy of their time.

PS--My brother's friend worked at the PETA in Norfolk for 2 days last summer, and he brought a turkey sandwich to work and they fired him. So that night, he left a big slab of raw meat on the desk of the boss :cool: That's what I call 'going out in style'.
He should have also left the remains of the turkey sandwich on the desk too.

NateR
06-19-2009, 07:49 PM
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

This video shows just how sick these PETA bastards are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MblfdR459Rk

rearnakedchoke
06-19-2009, 08:10 PM

goin out in style, but a waste of a hunk of meat ...

rearnakedchoke
06-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Honestly though, there is one thing about being for a cause and then being over the top ... I mean, if you are for animal rights, that is great, if you want to picket outside fur shops, places where they test cosmetics on animals, that is fine, but when you spray paint people's fur coats (even if you don't agree with fur, that is a crime) and stuff like that, then people aren't going to listen to you anymore cuz you are a bunch of kooks ...

mikthehick
06-19-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

This video shows just how sick these PETA bastards are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MblfdR459Rk

Yet another reason why I do not support PETA and are completely against what they do.

The Charlottesville SPCA saved 93% of it's animals in 2006, 94% in 2007, and 91% in 2008. Those are the years I worked there.

And yes, my brother's friend worked at the Norfolk headquarters. He lives about 3 miles from there. It's really sick about those animals.

atomdanger
06-19-2009, 08:59 PM
I couldn't believe Peta, and they do some crazy stuff.

Saying he was being inhumane to the fly... O_o

J.B.
06-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I couldn't believe Peta, and they do some crazy stuff.

Saying he was being inhumane to the fly... O_o

I know....

seeing this made me really hungry for a steak...and my feet are cold so I am going put on my baby seal fur slippers...:laugh:

J.B.
06-19-2009, 09:26 PM
HEY PETA!?!

I guess it's cool that Mike Vick gets 12 to 18 months for dog-fighting, but Dante Stallworth gets ONE MONTH for running over a person while drunk?

That deserves it's own thread...

rearnakedchoke
06-19-2009, 09:35 PM
I know....

seeing this made me really hungry for a steak...and my feet are cold so I am going put on my baby seal fur slippers...:laugh:
Baby seal fur slippers are illegal, so get rid of em ... now seal pelt slippers, those are ok ...

rearnakedchoke
06-19-2009, 09:36 PM
HEY PETA!?!

I guess it's cool that Mike Vick gets 12 to 18 months for dog-fighting, but Dante Stallworth gets ONE MONTH for running over a person while drunk?

That deserves it's own thread...
ding ding ding .. we have a winner ... anyone who says Vick didn't get enough time is on something ... people get slapped on the wrist for far worse things than Vick .. not saying what he did was right .. but you are correct

(i was gonna use your winner winner chicken dinner, but i am not a plagiarist)

J.B.
06-19-2009, 10:04 PM
ding ding ding .. we have a winner ... anyone who says Vick didn't get enough time is on something ... people get slapped on the wrist for far worse things than Vick .. not saying what he did was right .. but you are correct

(i was gonna use your winner winner chicken dinner, but i am not a plagiarist)

"Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" is actually copywritten property of a broadcaster I listen to named David Stein. He did not make it up, but he secured the rights to it because he uses the phrase on his radio show.

I actually think Vick got enough time considering everything else he went though. I was actually speaking more to Stallworth. I think he should have gotten more, although he has been suspended INDEFINITELY by the league as of today.:wink: I think a human's life is worth more than a dog's, but I do NOT condone Vick's actions AT ALL!

J.B.
06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Baby seal fur slippers are illegal, so get rid of em ... now seal pelt slippers, those are ok ...

But he keeps my toes SO WARM...:unsure:

http://www.hickerphoto.com/data/media/29/white_baby_seal_T3507.jpg

rearnakedchoke
06-19-2009, 10:18 PM
"Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" is actually copywritten property of a broadcaster I listen to named David Stein. He did not make it up, but he secured the rights to it because he uses the phrase on his radio show.

I actually think Vick got enough time considering everything else he went though. I was actually speaking more to Stallworth. I think he should have gotten more, although he has been suspended INDEFINITELY by the league as of today.:wink: I think a human's life is worth more than a dog's, but I do NOT condone Vick's actions AT ALL!
so did they have to pay him royalties in that blackjack movie with kevin spacey?

J.B.
06-19-2009, 10:25 PM
so did they have to pay him royalties in that blackjack movie with kevin spacey?

Honestly, I have NO idea.... I know that he uses a sample all the time that says that, and it is probably from the movie you speak of. I personally, have never seen that.

I just know that David Stein claims to own rights to the phrase, and I have no reason not to believe him. His show is GREAT compared to the typical sports talk show. His show is called "A Celebration of Life Through Sports", and it does not talk about the days scores or general crap. They just talk to PEOPLE about positive things in their life and how it relates to sports. It's a GREAT show. :wink:

atomdanger
06-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Peta Hates this guy

http://www.jollyrogersink.com/aisites/Fly_Killer.JPG

J.B.
06-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Peta Hates this guy

http://www.jollyrogersink.com/aisites/Fly_Killer.JPG

That's F**king awesome.... :laugh:

somebody needs to photoshop that....lol

atomdanger
06-19-2009, 11:09 PM
That's F**king awesome.... :laugh:

somebody needs to photoshop that....lol

haha put Obama's face on it?

J.B.
06-19-2009, 11:14 PM

:laugh: yeah!

surveyorshawn
06-20-2009, 01:52 AM
I wonder if the PETA people would be willing to forgo antibiotics when they are sick in order to preserve the lives of those poor innocent bacteria? Or if they are willing to stop walking in the woods because of all the innocent insects, worms, and tiny animals they are crushing with every step? Hypocrites! And that is without even considering that many of those same people who so violently "defend" animals are supporters of abortion and euthanasia. It is indeed "the blind leading the blind." What an age we live in!! And to think...these are people who for the most part deny God and proclaim evolution, of which the very definition is survival of the fittest! Irony at its finest!!!

rearnakedchoke
06-20-2009, 02:05 PM
that would piss off more than PETA as BHO was never a soldier .. LOL

VCURamFan
06-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I wonder if the PETA people would be willing to forgo antibiotics when they are sick in order to preserve the lives of those poor innocent bacteria? Or if they are willing to stop walking in the woods because of all the innocent insects, worms, and tiny animals they are crushing with every step? Hypocrites! And that is without even considering that many of those same people who so violently "defend" animals are supporters of abortion and euthanasia. It is indeed "the blind leading the blind." What an age we live in!! And to think...these are people who for the most part deny God and proclaim evolution, of which the very definition is survival of the fittest! Irony at its finest!!!I also thinks it's especially funny that it's now been proven that vegetables feel "pain" when you harvest them, so saying that they're vegans so they don't hurt living things is hypocritical. They're going to have to starve themsleves if they want to avoid eating things with feelings.

Tyburn
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I also thinks it's especially funny that it's now been proven that vegetables feel "pain" when you harvest them, so saying that they're vegans so they don't hurt living things is hypocritical. They're going to have to starve themsleves if they want to avoid eating things with feelings.
A Vegan would point out that most of what is harvested from the plant is leaves (which wont kill the plant) Seed pods...(so it would be like cutting a finger nail...the seed pod is designed to detach itself) or the root (in which case...yes, I imagine thats most distressing for the plant.

Plants are not conscious and have no nervous system, therefore they dont "feel" pain exactly, they do however Acknowledge damage on a frequency that we cant hear. They let out a high pitched noise when they are seriously damaged.

As all life runs on Electricity...it could be a byproduct of something electrical, and not infact even a recognition of the damage...we simply dont know....Plants also secrete substances when they perceive a threat, that threat, again electrical in nature...thats easily measurable by hooking a plant up to a polygraph. If you then threaten it, its secretion levels rise :laugh:

Threatening behaviour, could be getting up real close to a plant and imagining it on fire. The plant doesnt know you are thinking a nasty thought, but if your electrical impulses are strong enough, it might provoke a reaction within the plants electrical system....That is what they believe certain forms of Empathy are based around....Someone being able to interpret the Electrical energy coming off another person if in very close proximity. :ninja:

atomdanger
06-20-2009, 06:44 PM
that would piss off more than PETA as BHO was never a soldier .. LOL

Yeah, thats why I didn't do it.

Play The Man
06-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I am getting very tired of these frivolous stories put out by the mainstream media. Our nation is burdened by record levels of debt, North Korea and Iran are saber rattling, and we are at war in Iraq and Afghanistan against Islamic fanatics and all the mainstream media can concentrate on is President Obama and a fly, the Obamas going out for a date on Broadway, the Obama kids getting a Portuguese water dog and President Obama playing basketball! Stories that used to be only in the tabloids now make it onto newscasts. We are being forcefed stories about Ms. California vs. Perez Hilton, David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin, and Jon and Kate plus 8; meanwhile, stories with tremendous implications for our nation's future are dealt with in a superficial manner, at best. It is very disheartening!