PDA

View Full Version : Dr. David Berlinski on evolution *vid*

Psykojojo
06-17-2009, 05:30 AM
David Berlinski was raised in New York City, educated at Columbia College and recieved his Ph.D in philosophy from Princeton University. He later became a Fellow of the Faculty in Mathematics and a Post Doctoral Fellow in molecular biology at Columbia University. These are some of his thoughts on the theory of evolution

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpeOD593lCc

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrT4eJBH5EE

NateR
06-17-2009, 06:22 AM
David Berlinski was raised in New York City, educated at Columbia College and recieved his Ph.D in philosophy from Princeton University. He later became a Fellow of the Faculty in Mathematics and a Post Doctoral Fellow in molecular biology at Columbia University. These are some of his thoughts on the theory of evolution

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpeOD593lCc

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrT4eJBH5EE

Excellent video! I remember this guy from Expelled. I've heard from many different scientists that Darwinian Evolution really has no scientific legs to stand on.

The entire theory of Evolution was discredited more than 100 years ago with the discovery of the Cambrian Explosion. However, the Smithsonian Museum deliberately hid that evidence away until recent decades. During the Cambrian Explosion a huge variety of life forms simply appeared fully formed on Earth. Eyes, legs, fins, tentacles, gills, etc. all appear simultaneously, fully-formed, with no transitional forms anywhere to be seen. Leaving the inevitable conclusion that life couldn't have evolved here on Earth. So that leaves two possibilities, either life was seeded by extra-terrestrials, or created by GOD. The simple question is, which one are we willing to believe?

Then the discovery of the Big Bang in the 1960s was yet another nail in the coffin to Darwin's theories, since it set a very firm starting date for the beginning of the universe and made scientists realize that they simply isn't enough time or matter in the universe for life to have reached this level of complexity from nothing, using random processes.

Psykojojo
06-17-2009, 06:52 AM
simply isn't enough time or matter in the universe for life to have reached this level of complexity from nothing, using random processes.

And non-living materials. Thats the most amazing thing to me, it requires just as much faith (actually more since there isn't much evidence to support it) as christianity. Evolution is a religion, plain and simple, it isn't science

NateR
06-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Evolution is a religion, plain and simple, it isn't science

At the very least, it's a philosophy. It's absolutely unprovable scientifically since it requires processes that extend beyond thousands of human lifespans. It can't be observed, thus it can't be proven.

I do like his point about the fallacy of pointing to one or two changes, within a species, as proof of Evolution. He made a good point, in that you can't take a process that would require 50,000 changes, show two changes, and claim that you've proven it scientifically. What about the other 49,998 changes?

logrus
06-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Anyone who starts an interview gesturing the middle finger is a man after my own heart..

Neezar
06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Anyone who starts an interview gesturing the middle finger is a man after my own heart..

Ah, so you share my affection for Nick Diaz then! :laugh:

logrus
06-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Ah, so you share my affection for Nick Diaz then! :laugh:

Nick, Nate Diaz, Stone Cold :laugh:

Vizion
06-17-2009, 10:50 PM
hey Nate -

Ever heard of Satan?

logrus
06-17-2009, 11:02 PM
hey Nate -

Ever heard of Satan?

You leave me out of this..

:angry:

Vizion
06-18-2009, 01:22 AM
You leave me out of this..

:angry:
Your intellectual acumen is as poignant as the wisdom you so oft display. :Whistle: :tongue0011:

Psykojojo
06-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Your intellectual acumen is as poignant as the wisdom you so oft display. :Whistle: :tongue0011:

and your a booger eater, neener neener

logrus
06-18-2009, 04:32 AM

excuse me while I google the bold word.. :unsure:

Neezar
06-18-2009, 01:50 PM
excuse me while I google the bold word.. :unsure:

That was awesome, wasn't it? I can't help but wonder if he had his back straight, head tilted slightly back, and peering down his nose at the keyboard when he typed that.

:laugh:

Vizion
06-18-2009, 09:20 PM
That was awesome, wasn't it? I can't help but wonder if he had his back straight, head tilted slightly back, and peering down his nose at the keyboard when he typed that.

:laugh:
Ah, yes, indeed :laugh: