PDA

View Full Version : mike swick next for matt?

3dlee
06-17-2009, 02:21 AM
havent read this anywhere else on the site, but ive notice that Swick very respectfully asked for Matt (or another top ww) for his next fight. Anyone know if Matt has been approached with this or is interested in taking this fight? I think it would be a great matchup for matt to get an exciting W.

MattHughesRocks
06-17-2009, 02:30 AM
I say Matt schools the boy easy :) I wouldnt mind watching either.

rearnakedchoke
06-17-2009, 02:52 AM
why waste one of his last few fights on swick .... it would actually be a lose lose for matt ...

MattHughesRocks
06-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Hey, shyte happens but it's highly unlikely that Matt would lose to Swick.Why even bother fighting at all if your going to maybe lose? :doh:

why waste one of his last few fights on swick .... it would actually be a lose lose for matt ...

huan
06-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Even though Swick is quite good, I don't think Saunders -> Hughes is a very logical progression. There is a huge gap there. Mike should fight Brock Larson.

I see Matt fighting the winner of Fitch/Thiago or possibly in a rematch scenario against the winner of KY & pee-doper.

Vizion
06-17-2009, 04:07 AM
I think Matt should pick his fight.

I would love to see Diego move back to WW to fight Matt.

MattHughesRocks
06-17-2009, 04:31 AM
I think I should.

Hughes_GOAT
06-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Kampmann

Vizion
06-17-2009, 04:42 AM
I think I should.
I think I should before I think you should.

Hughes_GOAT
06-17-2009, 04:54 AM
this is where Matt comes in and asks if we want his opinion?

these are the 3 possible fights i think they'll offer Matt:

1) winner Kos/Trigg

2) Fitch

3) loser of GSP/Alves

MattHughesRocks
06-17-2009, 05:02 AM
Well I was having it this way:

#1 Fights Hughes_Goat (just because that would be hot)

#2 Fights Mac and beats his ass for sending that pizza to my door last night :angry:

#3 Fights Serra just so I can see him get beat up again :laugh:

See? I should pick :rolleyes:

Jonlion
06-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Swick would be a lose lose and with precious time at a premium, a waste for matt.

I'd like to see Matt deservedly fight Alves if he wins the title or if GSP wins, any other WW in the top 5. Then GSP.

I say Swick v Serra.

MattHughesRocks
06-17-2009, 05:18 AM
What is all this "lose lose for Matt" mean? You can't possibly think he has no way of beating Mike Swick do you? And he's 35, what "precious time" are you talking about? He's not old man Randy, gezz :blink:

Hughes_GOAT
06-17-2009, 05:19 AM
Well I was having it this way:

#1 Fights Hughes_Goat (just because that would be hot)

:laugh: perv :wink:

Maldonado136
06-17-2009, 05:20 AM
i disagree with most when it comes to who swick should fight next. this is his fourth win in a row and he is 9-1 overall in the ufc. i think he deserves a top contender he is past fighting lesser competition. i do think that if he fought hughes it would look a lot like when he fought okami

Maldonado136
06-17-2009, 05:22 AM
Swick would be a lose lose and with precious time at a premium, a waste for matt.

I'd like to see Matt deservedly fight Alves if he wins the title or if GSP wins, any other WW in the top 5. Then GSP.

I say Swick v Serra.

wow i never thought about that. that works for me.

MattHughesRocks
06-17-2009, 05:23 AM
Yeah...I'm still working on that one :ashamed:

:laugh: perv :wink:

Hughes_GOAT
06-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Yeah...I'm still working on that one :ashamed:
:whip:

logrus
06-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Swick dropped in weight because he got man handled, Hughesm Finsh, Gsp will easily throw him around.

Max
06-17-2009, 06:36 AM
What is all this "lose lose for Matt" mean? You can't possibly think he has no way of beating Mike Swick do you? And he's 35, what "precious time" are you talking about? He's not old man Randy, gezz :blink:
lose/lose means no matter what happens it done not end up helping Matt. If Matt wins the fight, it was a fight he was supposed to win and gets him no closer to a title shot. On the other hand he could end up getting beat which would be the other end of the lose.

Max
06-17-2009, 06:39 AM
this is where Matt comes in and asks if we want his opinion?

these are the 3 possible fights i think they'll offer Matt:

1) winner Kos/Trigg

2) Fitch

3) loser of GSP/Alves
I think that any of these fights would be good for Matt. My only question is if the UFC wants to give Matt a title shot after only one more win or if they want him to win 3 in a row before he gets a title shot.

logrus
06-17-2009, 07:35 AM
I think that any of these fights would be good for Matt. My only question is if the UFC wants to give Matt a title shot after only one more win or if they want him to win 3 in a row before he gets a title shot.

I see Matt as having to win at least 2 more times against a contender or 2 who the UFC deems most likely for the winner of Alv/Gsp.

bj44
06-17-2009, 01:14 PM
matts the greatest ww ever bar none but the serra win was his first in 2 years... He needs a couple more for a title shot so swick makes sense....swick then alves/kos then gsp

Blmfighter
06-17-2009, 01:25 PM
I think Swick would be a tough fight. He has speed, power, and reach. I do think that if anyone can overcome all that it would be Matt.

EHLERZ5
06-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Swick is far from a jobber.... He's not upper-tier just yet.... but you guys make him out to be some bum on the streets....

Winner of the Alves/GreeseSP is who I picture the UFC setting up for Matt...

But the way I see it... Kos/Deigo/Fitch/Swick/Condit/Larson.... No I'm not going to say Trigg, unless you guys want a cheap giggle.... The path to the upper-tier of Welterweights begins with the Hillsboro Hitman! They're not going to get title shot dreams until they can can prove themselves against "the measuring stick" to see if they can hang with the big dogs....

I'd toss down $45 for a 1 match PPV with Hughes crushing Kos right now.... Yeah Buddy!

Miss Foxy
06-17-2009, 04:10 PM

I would love to see Diego move back to WW to fight Matt.
Yeah that would be a good fight... Matt would tear him up!!:)

Miss Foxy
06-17-2009, 04:12 PM
I am reading that Matt should fight a few more before going for a title shot.. Since when does the most dominant WW Champ have to prove anything to anyone? Please!! If anyone can do anything its Matt..:wink:

Llamafighter
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM
I am reading that Matt should fight a few more before going for a title shot.. Since when does the most dominant WW Champ have to prove anything to anyone? Please!! If anyone can do anything its Matt..:wink:

I agree! Swick is counting on Matt's name to draw a big payday for himself. The problem is that Matt's style would be tough REALLY difficult for him. Swick should fight Condit to earn a shot at the 9 x time champ. Not sure who I think should be next for Matt. I think Dana will see who Matt wants first.

TENNESSEAN
06-17-2009, 05:58 PM
this should be a poll thread. anyone care to start this thing over. list the top four contenders for matt. lets see who we the fans would like to see him fight next.

VCURamFan
06-17-2009, 06:46 PM
this should be a poll thread. anyone care to start this thing over. list the top four contenders for matt. lets see who we the fans would like to see him fight next.You know I'd do anything for you, Scott!! :wink:

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2010

Hughes_GOAT
06-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah that would be a good fight... Matt would tear him up!!:)
and Nick Diaz too!

Miss Foxy
06-18-2009, 03:25 AM
and Nick Diaz too!
I would have to AGREE with you on that one!!! :wink:

tHeFlOpSaYsFoLd
06-18-2009, 03:58 AM
Maybe SWICK would have a better shot playing poker against matt:tongue0011:

Hughes_GOAT
06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
I would have to AGREE with you on that one!!! :wink:
just had to throw that out there :wink:

atomdanger
06-19-2009, 10:11 PM
I would really like to see Matt fight Kampmann / Swick.

Either one would be a good solid win,
and very entertaining.

Hughes_GOAT
06-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I would really like to see Matt fight Kampmann
+Juan

Liddellfan
06-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I would like to see Matt fight whoever he wants that's a worthy opponent. Swick just beat Ben Sauders who is a far distance from the skills of Matt Hughes. They should give Swick a few more fights and work his way up the WW class before throwing him to the wolves.JMO

surveyorshawn
06-20-2009, 12:06 AM
I would like to see Matt fight whoever he wants that's a worthy opponent. Swick just beat Ben Sauders who is a far distance from the skills of Matt Hughes. They should give Swick a few more fights and work his way up the WW class before throwing him to the wolves.JMO

I agree, plus I would rather see Matt fight a higher ranked fighter

Play The Man
06-21-2009, 03:00 AM
lose/lose means no matter what happens it done not end up helping Matt. If Matt wins the fight, it was a fight he was supposed to win and gets him no closer to a title shot. On the other hand he could end up getting beat which would be the other end of the lose.

I agree. I would be disappointed if this is his next fight. Swick is on a roll but it hasn't been against top tier opponents. A win over Swick would be expected and doesn't improve his standing as much as a victory over GSP, Alves, Fitch or even Koscheck. If Swick got in a lucky punch and won (unlikely) it would be a tremendous setback. Mr. Hughes is at the top of the division and should face one of the top 2 or 3 fighters. Swick is a good fighter but isn't there yet.

Tyburn
06-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Mike Swick...WADR doesnt deserve to fight Matt Hughes.
I think it'd be funny to watch...but I dont think it will happen

I know not many people like Koscheck, but please dont put him in the same place as Matt either...it was harsh seeing him lose once last time, he's growing up, bless him, and he doesnt need the sort of beating Hughes would give him.

John Fitch...well, The UFC dont like him enough to put him anywhere near Hughes :laugh:

Frank Trigg....In His Dreams :rolleyes: :laugh:

Thiago Alves (Very likely if he doesnt make it to the belt)
GSP (Very likely if he slips off his greasy podium)

Martin Kampfman...Who :blink:

Tyburn
06-21-2009, 09:45 PM
I agree. I would be disappointed if this is his next fight. Swick is on a roll but it hasn't been against top tier opponents. A win over Swick would be expected and doesn't improve his standing as much as a victory over GSP, Alves, Fitch or even Koscheck. If Swick got in a lucky punch and won (unlikely) it would be a tremendous setback. Mr. Hughes is at the top of the division and should face one of the top 2 or 3 fighters. Swick is a good fighter but isn't there yet.
You Interest me. Care to introduce yourself in the introductions section :huh: :ninja:

Play The Man
06-26-2009, 03:54 AM
You Interest me. Care to introduce yourself in the introductions section :huh: :ninja:

I'm Gregory. Thank you for the suggestion. I have now posted a brief introduction in the "Introductions" section.