PDA

View Full Version : Cyborg/Carano set for Strikeforce Aug. 15

rockdawg21
06-16-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm getting tired of hearing about Gina Carano. I'm ready to see her fight somebody her own size who's legit. My prediction: they both fail to make the 145 pound weight limit and leave the fans upset again :laugh:

WAR CYBORG!!!!!!

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmajunkie-Carano_Cyborg_fight_for_title&prov=mmajunkie&type=lgns

Gina Carano and Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos fight for Strikeforce's 145-pound title on Aug. 15

Dann Stupp, MMAjunkie.com
Jun 10, 9:33 pm EDT

The recently announced Aug. 15 Strikeforce main event between undefeated Gina Carano (7-0) and Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (7-1) will earn the winner the organization's first-ever women's 145-pound title, Strikeforce officials recently announced.

The fight is scheduled for five rounds, and Strikeforce women's bouts use three-minute rounds.

"Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg" takes place at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., and airs on Showtime.

The Carano vs. Santos bout had long been teased in the fighters' previous home, EliteXC. However, while the two fighters were on a collision course, the organization eventually fell into financial ruin and ceased show promotion in late 2008.

Carano, who recently signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce, enters the bout with a 7-0 record with two stoppages in her past three fights. The Xtreme Couture fighter most recently competed in October, when she defeated notable Kelly Kobold via unanimous decision.

"I've wanted this fight with Cyborg for a long time and so have the fans, so it was important to me that it happen in my first fight back," Carano stated. "I've been training hard the last few months and come Aug/, I will be in the best shape of my life. This fight will absolutely deliver on all the hype."

Santos, meanwhile, goes for her eighth consecutive win. The Brazilian fighter, who's posted TKO stoppages in five of her past six victories, most recently competed in April, when she made her Strikeforce debut and defeated Hitomi Akano via third-round TKO.

Tickets for the event, which start at just $30, go on sale Monday, June 15.

For complete coverage of "Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg", stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Spiritwalker
06-16-2009, 09:05 PM
War Gina... Such a cutie!!!!!!!:wink:

Miss Foxy
06-16-2009, 09:13 PM
How dare anyone go against my GINA!!!!!!!... As if!!!!!:angry: WAR CARANO!!!!!!!!!!:tongue0011:

Crisco
06-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll be in the shape of my life

So she will weight in at 147 then?

Miss Foxy
06-16-2009, 09:19 PM
So she will weight in at 147 then?
Shutup!!!!! Ugggg..:angry: No she will be FINE.......:wink:

Maldonado136
06-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Shutup!!!!! Ugggg..:angry: No she will be FINE.......:wink:

we all know how fine she is were talking about weight!!

Maldonado136
06-16-2009, 10:26 PM
they will have to do the double towel thing again

Crisco
06-16-2009, 10:39 PM
they will have to do the double towel thing again

If towels where see-through everyone would be cool with Gina missing weight.

Hughes_GOAT
06-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Cyborg will kill her. might even need a nosejob after!

Jason 16
06-17-2009, 02:41 AM
why dont they just make the fight at 170 so both of them can make weight

atomdanger
06-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Gina is going to get killed.

3 week training camps and Randy Couture aren't going to save Gina

Hughes_GOAT
06-17-2009, 06:48 AM

this

County Mike
06-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I used to think Cyborg would kill Gina. Then I watched that tiny Japanese chick last 3 rounds against Cyborg. If that little chick could last so long, I'm thinking Gina has a very good chance. I just hope Gina's face doesn't get too messed up in the fight.

WAR GINA!!! Beat that Cyborg dude.

Miss Foxy
06-17-2009, 02:51 PM
I used to think Cyborg would kill Gina. Then I watched that tiny Japanese chick last 3 rounds against Cyborg. If that little chick could last so long, I'm thinking Gina has a very good chance. I just hope Gina's face doesn't get too messed up in the fight.

WAR GINA!!! Beat that Cyborg dude.
Finally somone that makes sense!!!!!:scared0015:

tHeFlOpSaYsFoLd
06-18-2009, 04:50 AM
GO GINA!!!!:punch: :punch: :punch:

rockdawg21
06-18-2009, 01:03 PM

:previous:

Crisco
06-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Cyborg has obviously had a hard life. She is only 23 and she looks 30.

County Mike
06-18-2009, 07:23 PM
23 year old woman that looks like a 30 year old man. Hard life indeed. I think she fell down a lot of ugly trees, hitting those branches along the way.

Josh
06-18-2009, 09:20 PM
She looks like her face was on fire and someone put it out with a rake. That being said Gina is only where she is at because of her looks (similar to Danika Patrick) and I hope Cyborg gets the win.

County Mike
06-18-2009, 09:29 PM
She looks like her face was on fire and someone put it out with a rake. That being said Gina is only where she is at because of her looks (similar to Danika Patrick) and I hope Cyborg gets the win.

Not true. Her looks do help her sell the fights, but she has legitimate skills. She went to Thailand and beat their champion in Muay Thai. She's faced several quality women fighters and beaten them all. Her good looks help the promotion and I'm sure has also helped her income but she does have skills.

Krupp
06-18-2009, 09:35 PM
At this point, all i've ever heard about Carano on all mma forums is the same thing mostly: "OMG, she's so hot I would do her." and you know what? I am really, really tired about it. I just want her to lose just so everyone can shut up about it.

I have nothing but respect for her skills. Her weight issues annoy me, and so do her fans, but then again, I think I should make the point I'm not a fan of women's mma. It's gross to see two women hitting each other, I think.

War Cyborg.

Miss Foxy
06-18-2009, 10:04 PM
At this point, all i've ever heard about Carano on all mma forums is the same thing mostly: "OMG, she's so hot I would do her." and you know what? I am really, really tired about it. I just want her to lose just so everyone can shut up about it.

I have nothing but respect for her skills. Her weight issues annoy me, and so do her fans, but then again, I think I should make the point I'm not a fan of women's mma. It's gross to see two women hitting each other, I think.

War Cyborg.
You sound like a straight HATER.. First of all if you don't like women hitting on each other why the WAR CYBORG? Please Gina is a good fighter.. Don't knock her.. Another thing our bodies are very different than a mans and dropping weight is difficult cut her some slack..:angry:

rockdawg21
06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
:laugh: You're not the only one. IMO, she's just ok. I've seen tons of way hotter girls at the gym in San Antonio or even where I went to college. I don't see what the big deal is, except that she's on TV and makes excuses when cutting weight.

WAR CYBORG!!!!!!!!

Krupp
06-18-2009, 11:04 PM
You sound like a straight HATER.. First of all if you don't like women hitting on each other why the WAR CYBORG? Please Gina is a good fighter.. Don't knock her.. Another thing our bodies are very different than a mans and dropping weight is difficult cut her some slack..:angry:

Don't get me wrong...I still hate women mma, but I'd rather see Cyborg win than Carano, that's all. Read what I said. I'm not knocking her skills. I was commenting on her fans. They're almost as bas as GSP fans..

Hughes_GOAT
06-18-2009, 11:52 PM
she looks like Tony Romo, which is weird because her dad was a QB for the Cowboys.

Hughes_GOAT
06-18-2009, 11:55 PM
i regularly talk to a pro female MMA fighter and she says Carano missing weight so often is uncool.

Josh
06-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Not true. Her looks do help her sell the fights, but she has legitimate skills. She went to Thailand and beat their champion in Muay Thai. She's faced several quality women fighters and beaten them all. Her good looks help the promotion and I'm sure has also helped her income but she does have skills.
That's why I was careful to say "where she is at". I am not saying she sucks but it's clear to me that she is the face of womens MMA when she has missed weight how many times? I honestly don't know much about women's MMA but I know if a fighter in the UFC (or most other organizations) missed weight that many times they would be cut.

Krupp
06-19-2009, 01:51 AM
I honestly don't know much about women's MMA but I know if a fighter in the UFC (or most other organizations) missed weight that many times they would be cut.

Exactly. This is my main reason for disliking Carano. My twin lost 16 pounds of weight in a little less than two days in order to make weight for a wrestling tournament when we were just 18. I mean, come on...you telling me a professional fighter can't cut weight? If you're supposed to be a professional in something, it means you've been doing it long enough to know what you've gotta do to get the job done. Carano's only had 7 fights, but seriously, if she's been doing Muay Thai and stuff before her mma career she should know how to cut weight by now. She has no excuse; just like Thiago Alves had no excuse for failing to make weight against Hughes.

Hughes_GOAT
06-19-2009, 02:17 AM
she's always missed weight in MMA.

Krupp
06-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Well that's even more pathetic then, isn't it? I'm sorry but I can't support a fighter who's missed weight so many times like that. It's not right, and no one should be encouraging it. I swear they should just start fining maybe 40% of the offending fighter's purse, not 10%. That would get some results.

VCURamFan
06-19-2009, 03:38 AM

War Cyborg.Did you say Gina? OMG, she's so hot I would do her!

Hughes_GOAT
06-19-2009, 05:03 AM
Well that's even more pathetic then, isn't it? I'm sorry but I can't support a fighter who's missed weight so many times like that. It's not right, and no one should be encouraging it. I swear they should just start fining maybe 40% of the offending fighter's purse, not 10%. That would get some results.
she's the face of female MMA so they will let her miss weight without consequence.

rockdawg21
06-19-2009, 12:21 PM
she's the face of female MMA so they will let her miss weight without consequence.
Then she's being improperly labeled. She should be the ass of female MMA for her lack of discipline.

VCURamFan
06-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Then she's being improperly labeled. She should be the ass of female MMA for her lack of discipline.She has a nice ass, too, I thikn she'd fit that role nicely!

Miss Foxy
06-19-2009, 07:53 PM
This is the problem with people just because she is pretty doesnt give everyone the right to pick her apart!! If she was ugly no one would be hating on her.. Come on seriously if you don't like her easy resolution change the freakin' channel!! She don't need your fan base and btw she would probably kick 90% of ya'lls asses!:punch:

Hughes_GOAT
06-19-2009, 08:09 PM
This is the problem with people just because she is pretty doesnt give everyone the right to pick her apart!! If she was ugly no one would be hating on her.. Come on seriously if you don't like her easy resolution change the freakin' channel!! She don't need your fan base and btw she would probably kick 90% of ya'lls asses!:punch:
i like her but she misses weigh too often. because she is considered attractive, she can get away with it.

J.B.
06-19-2009, 08:19 PM
female MMA

:laugh:

stevy1222
06-20-2009, 06:19 AM
carano is going to beat cyborg... its going to be a sick fight.

and im going drive to san jose and watch it

VCURamFan
06-20-2009, 04:51 PM
carano is going to beat cyborg... its going to be a sick fight.

and im going drive to san jose and watch itCould you do me a favor & get me a DNA sample from Gina? I want to make a clone.:w00t:

David_Banner
06-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Then she's being improperly labeled. She should be the ass of female MMA for her lack of discipline.

I agree 100%. I think the level of embarrassment she has brought on herself as well as Extreme Couture far overshadows her wins against people not fit enough to carry Cyborgs gloves.

Carano is going to get utterly dominated by Cyborg, no doubt about it.