PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Mccain is wrong?

Crisco
06-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Mccain keeps calling for Obama to speak out but honestly it is better for us to stay out of it.

If they plan a coup lets give them weapons there is no need for us to openly say anything. Obama should keep his mouth shut and let the Iranians fight it out.

America is not highly respected in that region and putting our force behind Mousavi will only add fuel to the fire of the clerics.

Obama is doing the right thing by not commiting.

Llamafighter
06-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Mccain keeps calling for Obama to speak out but honestly it is better for us to stay out of it.

If they plan a coup lets give them weapons there is no need for us to openly say anything. Obama should keep his mouth shut and let the Iranians fight it out.

America is not highly respected in that region and putting our force behind Mousavi will only add fuel to the fire of the clerics.

Obama is doing the right thing by not commiting.

I think the coup will happen with or without our support.

Crisco
06-16-2009, 04:56 PM
I think the coup will happen with or without our support.

Oh but it would be so much more fun if we helped :wink: :laugh:

rockdawg21
06-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Ugh, we have no business there, let them fight it out.

WAR IRANIAN CITIZENS!!!!!!!!!

NateR
06-16-2009, 05:29 PM
If Reagan or Bush were president, then I'd say 'yes' that they should say something. However, with the ineptitude that Obama has shown so far on foreign policy, I think it's best if he just keeps his mouth shut and lets the adults work this out. :laugh:

Crisco
06-16-2009, 05:41 PM
If Reagan or Bush were president, then I'd say 'yes' that they should say something. However, with the ineptitude that Obama has shown so far on foreign policy, I think it's best if he just keeps his mouth shut and lets the adults work this out. :laugh:

But what exactly do you think Reagan or Bush could have said that would have made a difference for the better?

VCURamFan
06-16-2009, 05:47 PM
But what exactly do you think Reagan or Bush could have said that would have made a difference for the better?Something along the lines of "Whup is @$$, Sea Bass!!!"

Crisco
06-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Something along the lines of "Whup is @$$, Sea Bass!!!"

That would be epic.

logrus
06-16-2009, 05:49 PM
But what exactly do you think Reagan or Bush could have said that would have made a difference for the better?

Which Bush lol

Crisco
06-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Which Bush lol

I'll rephrase.

What could any U.S. President say that would have a positive impact.

NateR
06-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Which Bush lol

Bush Jr. I thought his initial response to 9/11 was perfect and I know that he has values that are consistent with what this country was founded on. Obama... not so much.

I have no idea what they would say, which is why I'm glad I'm not the guy in charge; but both of them seemed to react very well to major turning points in American history.

I don't really recall Bush Sr. saying anything that profound when the Berlin Wall came down. Other than that "New World Order" crap which sounded more like it came from a progressive Liberal than a Republican.

NateR
06-16-2009, 05:56 PM
I'll rephrase.

What could any U.S. President say that would have a positive impact.

I don't know. Probably something about how any government should be a servant of the people and not the other way around.