PDA

View Full Version : Iran on the Verge of a Second Revolution

Tyburn
06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
The Public have had enough of the President of Iran who it is suspected tainted the results of the Ellection to keep himself in power.

The Nation has dared to defy the President, with a peaceful, a ghostly and completely silent protest in the capital. They all came out and simply stood together, along with the candidates who were defeated supposedly during the ellection.

People...Iran stands on the edge of Civil War tonight. It looks like they will not be in any position to cause trouble with the United States in the near future.

The perfect demonstration has forced the Government to announce they will actually recount the votes. In an Islamic Country...an Islamic State, this kind of rebellion is nigh on unheard of. To go against State is to go against Islam as the Religion is State Sponcered.

I am staggered by this report. The signs are that those people will once again reconvene there stare down against the Government tommorow. :scared0015:

Crisco
06-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I've been following this pretty closely and I'm actually very excited. I hope this is the start to something in the middle east. I hope they all rise and get rid of all of our troubles for us.

rockdawg21
06-15-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm happy to see the people of Iran standing up for themselves!

J.B.
06-16-2009, 02:06 AM
I really don't think they stand much chance, not to be a negative Nancy or anything....

I guess that when it comes right down to it, I don't put much stock in the people of Iran, or a lot of Muslim nations to actually stand up against tyrannical regimes. If the Muslim world as a whole cannot condemn and try to help combat terrorist regimes like the Taliban and Al-whatever, what makes you think the people of Iran can actually stand up to Akmeddidabob...or whoever he is.

I know I sound crude by misspelling their names, but I don't care anymore. I am sick of having to look up how to spell that crap.

rockdawg21
06-16-2009, 03:06 AM
I really don't think they stand much chance, not to be a negative Nancy or anything....

I guess that when it comes right down to it, I don't put much stock in the people of Iran, or a lot of Muslim nations to actually stand up against tyrannical regimes. If the Muslim world as a whole cannot condemn and try to help combat terrorist regimes like the Taliban and Al-whatever, what makes you think the people of Iran can actually stand up to Akmeddidabob...or whoever he is.

I know I sound crude by misspelling their names, but I don't care anymore. I am sick of having to look up how to spell that crap.
Dirka dirka dirka, Muhammad Jihad!

J.B.
06-16-2009, 03:46 AM
Worfress Arec Borwin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeYFdZROvAE

rockdawg21
06-16-2009, 04:16 AM
Haha, I'm glad somebody got that! I have the movie poster signed by Matt & Trey. It's great, under Trey Parker, it reads "F.u.c.k. Yeah!" (without the periods of course :) )

Bonnie
06-16-2009, 06:07 AM
The Public have had enough of the President of Iran who it is suspected tainted the results of the Ellection to keep himself in power.

The Nation has dared to defy the President, with a peaceful, a ghostly and completely silent protest in the capital. They all came out and simply stood together, along with the candidates who were defeated supposedly during the ellection.

People...Iran stands on the edge of Civil War tonight. It looks like they will not be in any position to cause trouble with the United States in the near future.

The perfect demonstration has forced the Government to announce they will actually recount the votes. In an Islamic Country...an Islamic State, this kind of rebellion is nigh on unheard of. To go against State is to go against Islam as the Religion is State Sponcered.

I am staggered by this report. The signs are that those people will once again reconvene there stare down against the Government tommorow. :scared0015:

I hate to say it, but like JB, I don't think these people stand a chance in hell. He's gonna have them killed or imprisoned and probably tortured too. I don't even know why they bother having elections over there.

J.B.
06-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Haha, I'm glad somebody got that! I have the movie poster signed by Matt & Trey. It's great, under Trey Parker, it reads "F.u.c.k. Yeah!" (without the periods of course :) )

The best part of that movie is when they slow the music down for that main song....you know what I am talking about... CLASSIC :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yijL9AI4IiE

Crisco
06-16-2009, 12:26 PM
The best part of that movie is when they slow the music down for that main song....you know what I am talking about... CLASSIC :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yijL9AI4IiE

The real problem is not ackmajinabab.

The real problem is the muslim clerics.

J.B.
06-16-2009, 12:53 PM

Akmahjujubaba looks like the owner of the BP gas station down the road from my house.

Tyburn
06-16-2009, 12:57 PM

It worked in Zimbabwe with Robert Mugabe! He now has to power share with the guy he claimed didnt beat him in the ellections. It was unheard of for the supporters of the other guy to actually stand up to the government. They went public and piled on the pressure

You see Iran told these people not to protest. But the protest was a FIVE MILE LONG group of people. The Government simply wasnt expecting the people to dare to defy. So far nothing more then one supporter wounded and a few cars on fire.

Now the Chinese would have sent in the Military by now...but the Islamist Government is still reeling in shock that the people have dared, en masse, peacfully, to actually react.

Quite honnestly, they have never been in this situation, and may not know what to do...especially as now the whole world is watching and guess whose side they appear to be on.:ninja:

Tyburn
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM

that is also true. The Ayatollah (think of him like an Arch Bishop) is not a happy bunny right now :laugh:

J.B.
06-16-2009, 01:02 PM
It worked in Zimbabwe with Robert Mugabe! He now has to power share with the guy he claimed didnt beat him in the ellections. It was unheard of for the supporters of the other guy to actually stand up to the government. They went public and piled on the pressure

You see Iran told these people not to protest. But the protest was a FIVE MILE LONG group of people. The Government simply wasnt expecting the people to dare to defy. So far nothing more then one supporter wounded and a few cars on fire.

Now the Chinese would have sent in the Military by now...but the Islamist Government is still reeling in shock that the people have dared, en masse, peacfully, to actually react.

Quite honnestly, they have never been in this situation, and may not know what to do...especially as now the whole world is watching and guess whose side they appear to be on.:ninja:

Well, the news says that right now only 7 people are dead, so I guess that's promising...:unsure:

Crisco
06-16-2009, 01:16 PM
that is also true. The Ayatollah (think of him like an Arch Bishop) is not a happy bunny right now :laugh:

Actually I think your comparison is a little off.

Arch Bishops generally still reported to the kings.

Ali Khamanei is the supreme ruler of the country. Everyone reports to him. President included.

The council of experts has the constitutional authority to depose him if they collect together however they are subordinate to him.

Tyburn
06-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Actually I think your comparison is a little off.

Arch Bishops generally still reported to the kings.

Ali Khamanei is the supreme ruler of the country. Everyone reports to him. President included.

The council of experts has the constitutional authority to depose him if they collect together however they are subordinate to him.
The Queen is Defender Of The Faith.

She has Her own Cross...therefore, there is nothing (in theory) differentiating her from an Arch Bishop.

I'll explain more about an Established and State Run Church when I come back home from work LOL (the main difference is that the Church chooses not to use its consitutional powers..thats not the same in Islam)

NateR
06-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Looks like the powder keg has exploded in Iran. Has anyone been watching the news footage?:frantics:

Really wish Obama would just man up and say something encouraging to the demonstrators. He seems to be more than willing to take advantage of a crisis to manipulate Americans, but why not use the same tactic to take down a terrorist government?

NateR
06-21-2009, 01:16 AM
A video from today in Iran, WARNING it's pretty graphic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vRF2bLaUU

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Looks like the powder keg has exploded in Iran. Has anyone been watching the news footage?:frantics:

Really wish Obama would just man up and say something encouraging to the demonstrators. He seems to be more than willing to take advantage of a crisis to manipulate Americans, but why not use the same tactic to take down a terrorist government?

I just saw some of it on the FOX channel. When this first started, I thought those people for sure were going to be smashed down and quickly, but I was mistaken. Looks like the Iranian people have had enough of their government and are determined. I hope they continue even in the face of death and I hope they prevail. :punch:

NateR
06-21-2009, 01:31 AM
More videos from today, some are pretty graphic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC0f9p3nKL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHCBLhlfCVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBlmCbCHR4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1RsEsHUuU

WARNING! this video is VERY graphic and disturbing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBVX9Wk91_g

NateR
06-21-2009, 01:40 AM
More from today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToOVCcG6tYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq9OGScMMxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkaDFzpNrNU

NateR
06-21-2009, 02:31 AM
I didn't realize that it seems FOX News is the only network providing non-stop coverage of what's going on in Iran. It's interesting that so many other news networks seem to be ignoring it.

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 02:41 AM
I didn't realize that it seems FOX News is the only network providing non-stop coverage of what's going on in Iran. It's interesting that so many other news networks seem to be ignoring it.

I wonder why? :unsure-1: I mean this is an important "moment" especially if the people prevail.

VCURamFan
06-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Because this is yet another one of those moments Joe Biden predicted where Obama's being tested & his lack of response is once again showing his lack of experience in foreign relations. Rather than show that their golden boy is struggling, the media outlets would rather talk about Jon & Kate.

NateR
06-21-2009, 03:17 AM
Yeah, those Iranian protest signs are written in English for a reason, this is a cry for help to the United States from Iran.

Bonnie
06-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Well, you know how Matt alway says, "There are "talkers" and there are "doers"... :wink:

Obama is still a real good talker....

Tyburn
06-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Yeah, those Iranian protest signs are written in English for a reason, this is a cry for help to the United States from Iran.
:laugh:
Its so that English speaking people who get covered by the journalism can understand whats going on. to ANY English speaking country...

I havent heard ANY Major English speaking power mention this. The United States seems more preoccupied with Obama swating a fly, and the United Kingdom is to busy trying to sort out its own corrupt Government, and Europe is split between those who dont want a consitution, and those who want Tony Blair to become "President of Europe" :unsure:

Talk about bad timing. The truth is, as long as both Iran and Korea keep their heads bowed, the west wont move against them, they have enough to deal with in Afghanistan AND Iraq....which ultimately means, this civil uprising will probably be squashed eventually.

The sad fact is it would take virtually nothing for a Western power to infiltrate and distroy another terrorist regieme, this time WITHOUT the war. We see no takers from any Western Power.....in the future, you watch as the west goes to war with Iran and remember to remind your leaders they dropped the ball on a peaceful way to reach their goals because they couldnt be bothered.

Its so sad :sad:

Tyburn
06-21-2009, 08:32 AM
More videos from today, some are pretty graphic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC0f9p3nKL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHCBLhlfCVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBlmCbCHR4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1RsEsHUuU

WARNING! this video is VERY graphic and disturbing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBVX9Wk91_g
The interesting thing from most of these videos is that they show single protestors shot out of around a million protestors. I wonder if the Regieme is clever enough to go on a simple sniper attack, take out the ring leaders and see if the mass give up.

Again...this is not the response you would expect from an islamic state. The powder keg might be leaking but its not yet exploded Nathan...a full Islamic Response would be much like the Chinese. They'd bring in tanks and massicre the whole demonstration.

they wouldnt be picking off single demonstrators...that seems...most odd to me :ninja:

Tyburn
06-21-2009, 11:48 AM
...Meanwhile the British Government is still saying its alright to deport Apostate Christians back to Iran....

...apparently its "Safe" :blink: Not Kidding. You thought your Government was F'd up :mellow:

NateR
06-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Its so that English speaking people who get covered by the journalism can understand whats going on. to ANY English speaking country...

I havent heard ANY Major English speaking power mention this. The United States seems more preoccupied with Obama swating a fly, and the United Kingdom is to busy trying to sort out its own corrupt Government, and Europe is split between those who dont want a consitution, and those who want Tony Blair to become "President of Europe" :unsure:

Talk about bad timing. The truth is, as long as both Iran and Korea keep their heads bowed, the west wont move against them, they have enough to deal with in Afghanistan AND Iraq....which ultimately means, this civil uprising will probably be squashed eventually.

The sad fact is it would take virtually nothing for a Western power to infiltrate and distroy another terrorist regieme, this time WITHOUT the war. We see no takers from any Western Power.....in the future, you watch as the west goes to war with Iran and remember to remind your leaders they dropped the ball on a peaceful way to reach their goals because they couldnt be bothered.

Its so sad :sad:

Well, a recent video that I say showed the Iranians chanting "Yes we can!" which was the slogan for Barack Obama's campaign during the last few weeks. Sounds to me like they are specifically asking for help from America. They're probably under the false assumption that Barack Obama actually has some substance behind all of his flowery speeches. Unfortunately, their disappointment when they learn the reality will be followed shortly by their slaughter. :sad:

Tyburn
06-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Well, a recent video that I say showed the Iranians chanting "Yes we can!" which was the slogan for Barack Obama's campaign during the last few weeks. Sounds to me like they are specifically asking for help from America. They're probably under the false assumption that Barack Obama actually has some substance behind all of his flowery speeches. Unfortunately, their disappointment when they learn the reality will be followed shortly by their slaughter. :sad:
actually its an age old Slogan from..."Bob The Builder" I Kid you not! "Can we build it? YES WE CAN" :ninja:

Buzzard
06-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Because this is yet another one of those moments Joe Biden predicted where Obama's being tested & his lack of response is once again showing his lack of experience in foreign relations. Rather than show that their golden boy is struggling, the media outlets would rather talk about Jon & Kate.

I'm amazed that you can turn the blame to Obama. Did you bash Bush Sr. when he didn't do anything when the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 were occurring after you read about it in history class?

What do you think Obama should be doing and where will he draw the resources from to do what you think he should do?

ufcfan2
06-22-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm amazed that you can turn the blame to Obama. Did you bash Bush Sr. when he didn't do anything when the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 were occurring after you read about it in history class?

What do you think Obama should be doing and where will he draw the resources from to do what you think he should do?
I can easily see people blaming Obama, they want someone to again use military force,and Obama isn't playing that game yet. GIve the people of Iran a chance to demostrate their distrust and anger against the politicians of their nation. I don't see a reason as of now for us just to start droppin' bombs, let this play out first.
Far as the people using 'Obama's Slogan' to me shows they are trying to rally or mimic their nations hope of change like what Obama was doing. I don't neccesarily think its a blatant cry for military action for US.

NateR
06-22-2009, 10:20 PM
I can easily see people blaming Obama, they want someone to again use military force,and Obama isn't playing that game yet. GIve the people of Iran a chance to demostrate their distrust and anger against the politicians of their nation. I don't see a reason as of now for us just to start droppin' bombs, let this play out first.
Far as the people using 'Obama's Slogan' to me shows they are trying to rally or mimic their nations hope of change like what Obama was doing. I don't neccesarily think its a blatant cry for military action for US.

I definitely don't think that military action is a good idea at this point. In fact, I have trouble understanding why people suddenly equate "showing support" with bombing people back to the dark ages.

Ronald Reagan helped take down the Communist Block in Europe with his words. We never once fired a single shot against East German or Soviet troops and we helped to topple both of those countries.

No one is asking for military action here.

J.B.
06-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Obviously a full blown invasion of Iran is not feasible, and up until just a little bit ago I would have laughed at the idea of us even TRYING to take on the 800 pound gorilla in the room known as Iran at this time, but after seeing the video of Neda Saltani being shot dead in the street I am convinced that ultimately this is going to come to head and they are gonna have to be dealt with. Maybe not right this minute, but it's coming, mark my words.

The video is all over the web, and honestly, it's so disturbing that I am not even going to post it here. If you have the stomach, look it up and watch it. It truly left me speechless and just unnerved. I'm just gonna warn anybody who does watch it, you will never be able erase the image of this young girl bleeding to death from your brain. It will be burned into your retinas forever. I have seen horrible acts of violence and plenty gruesome videos before, and I am one who has pretty strong stomach when it comes to life's harsh realities, but this one really got to me. It's really bad.

So, to all you Bush bashing far left zealots who are still complaining about the 2000 election, or to the home grown America hating conspiracy theorists, be thankful you don't live in Iran. Maybe after watching that video you will realize why so many people in America, and around the world are adamant about stopping tyrannical regimes the likes of Iran and North Korea.

Now I have to go and wash out my eyes.

Tyburn
06-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Obviously a full blown invasion of Iran is not feasible, and up until just a little bit ago I would have laughed at the idea of us even TRYING to take on the 800 pound gorilla in the room known as Iran at this time, but after seeing the video of Neda Saltani being shot dead in the street I am convinced that ultimately this is going to come to head and they are gonna have to be dealt with. Maybe not right this minute, but it's coming, mark my words.

The video is all over the web, and honestly, it's so disturbing that I am not even going to post it here. If you have the stomach, look it up and watch it. It truly left me speechless and just unnerved. I'm just gonna warn anybody who does watch it, you will never be able erase the image of this young girl bleeding to death from your brain. It will be burned into your retinas forever. I have seen horrible acts of violence and plenty gruesome videos before, and I am one who has pretty strong stomach when it comes to life's harsh realities, but this one really got to me. It's really bad.

So, to all you Bush bashing far left zealots who are still complaining about the 2000 election, or to the home grown America hating conspiracy theorists, be thankful you don't live in Iran. Maybe after watching that video you will realize why so many people in America, and around the world are adamant about stopping tyrannical regimes the likes of Iran and North Korea.

Now I have to go and wash out my eyes.

The video has already been posted in this thread. I think you getting shocked for the wrong reasons. The Question at hand is not about the slaughter of one or two individuals out of a mass over over a million demonstrators. The question is why has the islamist Regieme not wiped them all out...that is the kind of response that these Countries usually do.

I've read that people say that she was a hit, that out of many spectators she was deliberatley targetted. This is most uncommon way for a Islamic State to try and tackle such a problem.

Iran claims that the West is helping Demonstrators, I read that aswell. Your Country, by the sounds of it, might be avoiding the war you mention above, that might explain why they have said absolutely nothing about the situation in public or in the international community. I think the West is already in Iran, I think this might be modern day stealth :ninja: Military Intervention is not on the horizon at present...you dont go into a country because they kill a few civilian demonstrators...unless they pull of a Tianamen Square style massicre...which they havent done

Incidently her name means "The Call" cant help but wonder if thats her true name...that is such a cooincodence. A woman who was in transit for most of the demonstration got shot inthe brief moment she got out of the car for some unknown reason...into a crowd of hundreds...and the woman whose name was "the call" got killed.

Is that cooincodence...its like something out of a spy novel :ninja:

Tyburn
06-23-2009, 12:50 PM
I definitely don't think that military action is a good idea at this point. In fact, I have trouble understanding why people suddenly equate "showing support" with bombing people back to the dark ages.

Ronald Reagan helped take down the Communist Block in Europe with his words. We never once fired a single shot against East German or Soviet troops and we helped to topple both of those countries.

No one is asking for military action here.

EXACTLY :ninja:

J.B.
06-23-2009, 01:08 PM
The video has already been posted in this thread. I think you getting shocked for the wrong reasons. The Question at hand is not about the slaughter of one or two individuals out of a mass over over a million demonstrators. The question is why has the islamist Regieme not wiped them all out...that is the kind of response that these Countries usually do.

I've read that people say that she was a hit, that out of many spectators she was deliberatley targetted. This is most uncommon way for a Islamic State to try and tackle such a problem.

Iran claims that the West is helping Demonstrators, I read that aswell. Your Country, by the sounds of it, might be avoiding the war you mention above, that might explain why they have said absolutely nothing about the situation in public or in the international community. I think the West is already in Iran, I think this might be modern day stealth :ninja: Military Intervention is not on the horizon at present...you dont go into a country because they kill a few civilian demonstrators...unless they pull of a Tianamen Square style massicre...which they havent done

Incidently her name means "The Call" cant help but wonder if thats her true name...that is such a cooincodence. A woman who was in transit for most of the demonstration got shot inthe brief moment she got out of the car for some unknown reason...into a crowd of hundreds...and the woman whose name was "the call" got killed.

Is that cooincodence...its like something out of a spy novel :ninja:

I am not shocked that it happened, I am disgusted. It speaks volumes to the type of people we are dealing with.

Everything I have read about it does not say it was a "hit" or a "setup", and believe me, I KNOW we are not going to use military force because of one person getting killed. I am not saying we should start bombing them because of this.

The point I was making is that things are obviously so ridiculously messed up in Iran that I see things like that as a precursor to the inevitable. We will end up having to deal with them one way or another. You can bet on it.

I don't think it's some conspiracy as to why the Iranian militia has not just been killing everybody. The entire world is watching. If they did that, there would surely be a swift and harsh response. However, I think if certain people could have things the way they wanted, that is exactly what would happen.

No matter what the circumstances surrounding Neda's death are, the point is that these people are absolutely out of control and eventually they are going to have to be dealt with. We don't need that country getting nukes. If Neda was killed by people of her own cause as a political ploy to give strength to their protests, then it only furthers my point that these people are absolutely out of control and they will likely be the cause of the third world war.

Tyburn
06-23-2009, 01:14 PM
I am not shocked that it happened, I am disgusted. It speaks volumes to the type of people we are dealing with.

Everything I have read about it does not say it was a "hit" or a "setup", and believe me, I KNOW we are not going to use military force because of one person getting killed. I am not saying we should start bombing them because of this.

The point I was making is that things are obviously so ridiculously messed up in Iran that I see things like that as a precursor to the inevitable. We will end up having to deal with them one way or another. You can bet on it.

I don't think it's some conspiracy as to why the Iranian militia has not just been killing everybody. The entire world is watching. If they did that, there would surely be a swift and harsh response. However, I think if certain people could have things the way they wanted, that is exactly what would happen.

No matter what the circumstances surrounding Neda's death are, the point is that these people are absolutely out of control and eventually they are going to have to be dealt with. We don't need that country getting nukes. If Neda was killed people of her own cause as a political ploy to give strength to their protests, then it only furthers my point that these people are absolutely out of control and they will likely be the cause of the third world war.

It didnt stop the Chinese. :mellow:

I wasnt suggesting she was killed in a political ploy. I was suggesting that within the mass group of anti-governmental protestors are a smaller group of people who are possibly moving for a coup or regieme change. The substantiation for this is because the Government dont seem to be killing randomly, or on a mass scale. They seem to be killing the odd individual here and there.

The West is foolish if it hasnt seized this as an opportunity to remove such a monsterous regieme....and I think that is alright to do. They are doing nothing but silently aiding an oppressed people who have organized themselves. Its not intervention, or soverignty stealing...its supporting the democratic majority since they dare to stand up for themselves.

I hope they are successful, and that they either force a recount that at worst leads to a coillition government, at best, ousts the president...or that they are successful in a coup which would go as far as to see the removal of the Ayatollah himself. :ninja:

Neezar
06-23-2009, 03:04 PM

The West is foolish if it hasnt seized this as an opportunity to remove such a monsterous regieme....and I think that is alright to do. They are doing nothing but silently aiding an oppressed people who have organized themselves. Its not intervention, or soverignty stealing...its supporting the democratic majority since they dare to stand up for themselves.

Dave, who are you referring to as the West here?

Bonnie
06-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Do you ever wonder why the countries directly surrounded by Iran and Iraq and have the most to lose or gain by regime change never step up? The people within Iran who want change are the ones who need to make it happen, and yes, with their blood and even death. Our forefathers did it here and our brave men and women continue to do it over there in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm all for helping those in need, but I don't think we need to commit our already over-extended military to yet another country's internal conflict. We need to start taking care of our own country and our people, our men and women coming back facing terrible life-changing mental and physical ordeals for the rest of their lives.

They said earlier on tv that they are going ahead with swearing in whats-his-name (sorry, that's what I'm calling him or just Am'jad) as the official winner of the election. Hopefully, the people will continue to protest and flood the streets and continue to get video out to the rest of the world as to what's happening so this government can't hide it's corrupt and evil ways.

Tyburn
06-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Dave, who are you referring to as the West here?
I dont know exactly. I am refering to whats probably a covert opporation between Several Western Powers.

The United States HAS definately used this tactic before in the past. They have supported uprisings, and they have also sponcered assassination attempts particularly if the leaders of the country they have issues with are Communist. The British Government wouldnt say no to taking part in such a stealth opporation either. I dont think we are quite as well trained, so we probably would only take part if it were a joint international mission.

...one thing we can say for sure. It dont involve the French :laugh:

Tyburn
06-23-2009, 05:37 PM
They said earlier on tv that they are going ahead with swearing in whats-his-name (sorry, that's what I'm calling him or just Am'jad) as the official winner of the election. .

Lets just say thats promoted some Religious Clerics to support the demonstrations...so now you really have a direct challenge within the Islamic State not only on a political level, but on a religious level also.

Direct Military action is out of the question...but a covert opporation would go down a treat :laugh:

Neezar
06-23-2009, 05:58 PM
I dont know exactly. I am refering to whats probably a covert opporation between Several Western Powers.

The United States HAS definately used this tactic before in the past. They have supported uprisings, and they have also sponcered assassination attempts particularly if the leaders of the country they have issues with are Communist. The British Government wouldnt say no to taking part in such a stealth opporation either. I dont think we are quite as well trained, so we probably would only take part if it were a joint international mission.

...one thing we can say for sure. It dont involve the French :laugh:

Originally Posted by Tyburn

The West is foolish if it hasnt seized this as an opportunity to remove such a monsterous regieme....and I think that is alright to do. They are doing nothing but silently aiding an oppressed people who have organized themselves. Its not intervention, or soverignty stealing...its supporting the democratic majority since they dare to stand up for themselves

I thought you were implying that the US should take this opportunity to intervene.

And I was thinking of your stance on our foreign affairs right now. Just having a hard time jiving the two.

:laugh: Anyway, you know me well, go ahead and play out that debate in your head for me. I am short on time right now. And I'm sure that you can come up with my questions to you relating to being consistent with your advice to the young US.

Tyburn
06-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I thought you were implying that the US should take this opportunity to intervene.

And I was thinking of your stance on our foreign affairs right now. Just having a hard time jiving the two.

:laugh: Anyway, you know me well, go ahead and play out that debate in your head for me. I am short on time right now. And I'm sure that you can come up with my questions to you relating to being consistent with your advice to the young US.

Intervene, Yes...but not by Military means....well...not be open warfare.

I think they should sneak in and topple the government from inside. I think they should go in undercover, arm, and encourage the Demonstrators...I think they should support and quietly try and protect them...then when the time is right, watch the protestors make their coup and be ready to stand behind them when they do to ensure their success.

That doesnt break any United Nations Sanctions...because there is no law governing something that is not supposed to happen period. Technically, there is no direct law saying that friends cant help each other out. The United States would simply be helping the democratic majority. They could go as far as saying they were actually helping the TRUE government of Iran.

But of course...they simply deny all knowledge if things go wrong. No Proof, no exposure.

I'm all for State Sponcered Covert Opporations. Its clean, its effective, there are moral justifications.

Its not IN the law...so its not exactly against the law...and...if the spys get caught...well...pretend it wasnt you :laugh: :laugh:

Neezar
06-23-2009, 06:14 PM
:rolleyes:

I think only Republicans do things like that.

Tyburn
06-23-2009, 08:02 PM
:rolleyes:

I think only Republicans do things like that.

England was once a republic...for Seven short years :ninja:

J.B.
06-23-2009, 10:46 PM
It didnt stop the Chinese. :mellow:

I wasnt suggesting she was killed in a political ploy. I was suggesting that within the mass group of anti-governmental protestors are a smaller group of people who are possibly moving for a coup or regieme change. The substantiation for this is because the Government dont seem to be killing randomly, or on a mass scale. They seem to be killing the odd individual here and there.

I hope they are successful, and that they either force a recount that at worst leads to a coillition government, at best, ousts the president...or that they are successful in a coup which would go as far as to see the removal of the Ayatollah himself. :ninja:

Good point, but that was the Chinese this is Iran.

Also, if it was some random small group who targeted her for one reason or another, that would still be a political ploy. Personally, I just think they shot her because she was in their sights, and probably because she is a woman.

Either way, that video was nuts.