PDA

View Full Version : Mercer vs Tim Sylvia ***SPOILERS****

matthughesfan21
06-14-2009, 06:00 AM
This fight was originally a boxing match and then made a MMA match...Some might think Tim has the huge edge in an MMA match, but that was not the case tonight...according to mmajunkie, Sylvia was KO'd in 10 seconds....Man, what in the heck happened to his career, its in the toilet now

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15196/report-tim-sylvia-knocked-out-by-ray-mercer-in-10-seconds-at-adrenaline-mma-iii.mma

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 06:02 AM
whaaat no way!!! i am at a loss for words

que
06-14-2009, 06:12 AM
i have heard reports from different websites that sylvia got KO'd in 10 seconds, and i have heard reports that mercer got KO'd within 10 seconds. it seems like nobody really knows the real facts yet. i really hope it is the latter, because if it's true then sylvia's career is finished. especially considering this fight was an MMA fight instead of a boxing match

MattHughesRocks
06-14-2009, 06:14 AM
:unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
06-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Tim is done

http://sherdog.com/news/news/tim-ber-mercer-kos-sylvia-in-9-seconds-17961

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 06:18 AM
i have heard reports from different websites that sylvia got KO'd in 10 seconds, and i have heard reports that mercer got KO'd within 10 seconds. it seems like nobody really knows the real facts yet. i really hope it is the latter, because if it's true then sylvia's career is finished. especially considering this fight was an MMA fight instead of a boxing match

its official now. poor timmeh

que
06-14-2009, 06:20 AM
wow, it's true. 9 seconds? i always knew mercer was an old washup who couldn't even put a bruise on kimbo but i never dreamed he would beat (let alone KO) sylvia in 9 seconds. that's even better than fedor did

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 06:22 AM
wow, it's true. 9 seconds? i always knew mercer was an old washup who couldn't even put a bruise on kimbo but i never dreamed he would beat (let alone KO) sylvia in 9 seconds. that's even better than fedor did

this made me chuckle

MattHughesRocks
06-14-2009, 06:23 AM
It was 10 seconds. Don't exaggerate.

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 06:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqK6yJaE4mY&feature=player_embedded

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 06:24 AM

the article says 9. you know tim always has to outdo arlovski. even when andrei gets upset in a fast ko tim just had to outdo him.

que
06-14-2009, 06:26 AM

your own link which you provided above says 9 seconds. do you even read the links you post? :wink: :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
06-14-2009, 06:29 AM
50% or so. I had read 10 then I read it was Tim beat Mercer in 10 so that got me looking around and I just started posting to confirm that Tim Sylvia is a loser:unsure-1:

your own link which you provided above says 9 seconds. do you even read the links you post? :wink: :laugh:

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 06:31 AM
i think pulver saw this coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLmvsmjuow&feature=player_embedded

J.B.
06-14-2009, 06:38 AM

Just proves that you don't know half of what you think you do :wink:

J.B.
06-14-2009, 06:40 AM
i think pulver saw this coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLmvsmjuow&feature=player_embedded

The whole world saw this coming... and I actually wanted to post this interview not to long ago, but I just figured nobody would care. :laugh:

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 06:44 AM
is fedor messing up peoples careers or what?

J.B.
06-14-2009, 06:58 AM
is fedor messing up peoples careers or what?

Actually, no...

Getting your A$$ kicked by a guy that is considered to be the BEST in the world in that sport is nothing in comparison to getting HANDLED in a sport you had no business getting involved in.

Pulver called it, we all knew it, I happy Mercer REPRESENTED. :wink:

Even if the rules were changed, Mercer did him dirty....

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 07:03 AM
i doubt that tim will fight buentello now

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Actually, no...

Getting your A$$ kicked by a guy that is considered to be the BEST in the world in that sport is nothing in comparison to getting HANDLED in a sport you had no business getting involved in.

Pulver called it, we all knew it, I happy Mercer REPRESENTED. :wink:

Even if the rules were changed, Mercer did him dirty....

i know i was joking lol

J.B.
06-14-2009, 07:26 AM
i know i was joking lol

Word :cool:

:laugh:

atomdanger
06-14-2009, 07:36 AM

link a single website saying Mercer was KOed?

atomdanger
06-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Wow....

How far Tim Sylvia has fallen.

a 10 second loss to an almost 50 year old? O_o
Sad... sad news for Tim and company. I really wish he would have just gone off to Japan and been a star. They love freakshow fights and giants over there,
Tim would be huge.

J.B.
06-14-2009, 08:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1M_PIFW4wI

Umm... yeah.. you're not a boxer....

EDIT: Serious question...did most of you really doubt that Mercer could do this to Tim?

atomdanger
06-14-2009, 08:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1M_PIFW4wI

Umm... yeah.. you're not a boxer....

EDIT: Serious question...did most of you really doubt that Mercer could do this to Tim?

Was it a boxing match?
I didn't know what it was, boxing, mma, etc...

I heard both, so wasn't sure, or that it was mma but they had an agreement to stand?
but yes, I doubted it, the guy is like 50 lol, and Tim has been in there with the best of the best.

J.B.
06-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Was it a boxing match?

I heard both, so wasn't sure, or that it was mma but they had an agreement to stand?
but yes, I doubted it, the guy is like 50 lol, and Tim has been in there with the best of the best.

To be honest, I had no idea what was happening here either... I read that things changed at the last minute...

But...Does it matter? The video pretty much speaks for itself... :laugh:

As for your doubt, I think it's just the thing that shows that most MMA fans still don't know or respect Boxing. I know I probably sound like I am beating the same drum with this, but REALLY...

Does anybody round this jungle realize when the last time Ray Mercer had a significant fight was????? Umm, yeah, the answer is the day before MY birthday, in 1996! For the record, that's when he fought Lewis.

Hahaha, hahaha, hahaha, at anybody thinking that a man with Mercer's credentials could not do this to Sylvia, regardless of age. To me, this is awesome on so many levels.

Sorry Timmy, I love ya, but WHY did you do this??? I know Mercer seemed like an easy fold at times, but REALLY? Did you REALLY think Merc wouldn't drop it like it's hot? :laugh:

DOES NICK DIAZ STILL WANNA BOX ROY JONES AFTER THIS?!?!? :rolleyes: :laugh:

Jason 16
06-14-2009, 04:19 PM
:laugh: http://www.mmatko.com/tim-sylvia-vs-ray-mercer-fight-gif/

um just to let you guys know mercer lost to kimbo :laugh: :laugh: :tongue0011: :tongue0011:

matthughesfan21
06-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Was it a boxing match?

but yes, I doubted it, the guy is like 50 lol, and Tim has been in there with the best of the best.I don't know about any agreements like that..;.but this WAS an mma match:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
06-14-2009, 05:09 PM
this is embarrasing for tim .. everything he has done in mma is now un done ... what a moron ... LOL .. MERCER > FEDOR .. hahaha people are gonna have fun with this ...

Blade
06-14-2009, 05:29 PM
All of a sudden Tim Sylvia's recent wish to fight Ken Shamrock doesn't seem so ludicrous.

CBCS
06-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I have a question. Since Tim got knocked out, does this affect his fight in 7 weeks? Because when AA got hammered, he can't fight for 3 months? Will this happen to Tim also?

He didn't have any business in this stupid "gimmick" match anyway.

Jason 16
06-14-2009, 05:46 PM
this is embarrasing for tim .. everything he has done in mma is now un done ... what a moron ... LOL .. MERCER > FEDOR .. hahaha people are gonna have fun with this ...
lollol affliction 4 mercer vs fedor mercer by tko 1:30 in round one

matthughesfan21
06-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I have a question. Since Tim got knocked out, does this affect his fight in 7 weeks? Because when AA got hammered, he can't fight for 3 months? Will this happen to Tim also?

i think the fight took place in alabama or arkansas, something like that, and I remember when the report came out a few days ago that is was going to be an MMA match, the article mentioned that the state didn't have an athletic commission////so maybe he won't get the medical suspension, but who knows

CBCS
06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
i think the fight took place in alabama or arkansas, something like that, and I remember when the report came out a few days ago that is was going to be an MMA match, the article mentioned that the state didn't have an athletic commission////so maybe he won't get the medical suspension, but who knows

I have always liked Tim, but this makes me concerned. Having the fighters mentality, you know he will fight. One has to ask, will he be 100%? Watching the video from the link that was posted, he got F'N JACKED.

J.B.
06-14-2009, 06:18 PM
:laugh: http://www.mmatko.com/tim-sylvia-vs-ray-mercer-fight-gif/

um just to let you guys know mercer lost to kimbo :laugh: :laugh: :tongue0011: :tongue0011:

OLD....

and fixed....:tongue0011:

J.B.
06-14-2009, 06:21 PM

Obviously not...he got KO'd in under 10 seconds....:laugh:

Maldonado136
06-14-2009, 06:28 PM
its no secret that as jens implied tim did look at it as an easy fight. the guy was 310 for crying out loud. he pretty much got what he was asking for.

atomdanger
06-14-2009, 06:44 PM
To be honest, I had no idea what was happening here either... I read that things changed at the last minute...

As for your doubt, I think it's just the thing that shows that most MMA fans still don't know or respect Boxing. I know I probably sound like I am beating the same drum with this, but REALLY...

Does anybody round this jungle realize when the last time Ray Mercer had a significant fight was????? Umm, yeah, the answer is the day before MY birthday, in 1996! For the record, that's when he fought Lewis.

Hahaha, hahaha, hahaha, at anybody thinking that a man with Mercer's credentials could not do this to Sylvia, regardless of age. To me, this is awesome on so many levels.

Sorry Timmy, I love ya, but WHY did you do this??? I know Mercer seemed like an easy fold at times, but REALLY? Did you REALLY think Merc wouldn't drop it like it's hot? :laugh:

I honestly wonder if Tim or Ray knew what was happening lol
Well, I had assumed that Tim would use his legs,
keep a distance and maybe go for takedowns, I didn't think he would stand in front of the guy and get KOed. The guy lost to Kimbo.
So it wasn't impossible.

atomdanger
06-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Where do you guys think Tim goes from here???

NateR
06-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Where do you guys think Tim goes from here???

Well, he's got another fight in August, unless he's medically suspended because of this. So I think he's just going to focus on that fight.

Neezar
06-14-2009, 07:21 PM
I honestly wonder if Tim or Ray knew what was happening lol
Well, I had assumed that Tim would use his legs,
keep a distance and maybe go for takedowns, I didn't think he would stand in front of the guy and get KOed. The guy lost to Kimbo.
So it wasn't impossible.

Tim didn't even have his hands up! He was straight into that guy's sweet spot.

:duh:

Jonlion
06-14-2009, 07:41 PM

But...Does it matter? The video pretty much speaks for itself... :laugh:

They say your power is the last to go.

What this does suggest just how good Top level Boxers would be and the danger they woul propose to MMA.

However for Tim that is bad!

At least Gumbo won!

David_Banner
06-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Its sad. I hate it for him because this was really his last shot in a lot of ways..

David_Banner
06-14-2009, 08:04 PM
What this does suggest just how good Top level Boxers would be and the danger they woul propose to MMA.

I dont think so. The only thing MMA about this fight was in a cage and thin gloves. Tim screwed up big time by standing with his hands down in the face of a former pro boxer. Mercer would get sent to the hospital via Life Flight against somebody like Barnett. Maybe they'll set that fight up..

atomdanger
06-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, he's got another fight in August, unless he's medically suspended because of this. So I think he's just going to focus on that fight.

Who's he fighting in August?

atomdanger
06-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Honest question here.

(don't get mad)

Is there any way Tim took a dive? I just can't get over how he walked straight at him.

clm12704
06-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Boxers know how to throw punches, and with 4 oz gloves they could be lethal coming from a HW or some guy with big power. Mercer could KO any MMA HW, but the difference is most of them would know what and would take him down to the mat immediately or at least keep their hands up and maintain distance.

Vizion
06-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I think Tim was maybe too cocky going into that fight...he thought his size and mma experience would give him the edge....so he stepped right in front of a heavy handed guy with great knockout power....and in 9 seconds his career was washed away most likely.

I wish he were still in the UFC...why can't HE be when they hang onto fighters with worse records?

Vizion
06-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I think Tim was maybe too cocky going into that fight...he thought his size and mma experience would give him the edge....so he stepped right in front of a heavy handed guy with great knockout power....and in 9 seconds his career was washed away most likely.

I wish he were still in the UFC...why can't HE be when they hang onto fighters with worse records?

MattHughesRocks
06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Maybe Tim over trained :unsure-1:

Hughes_GOAT
06-14-2009, 08:57 PM
310+ lbs means Tim thought Mercer was a joke. Kimbo took Mercer down. even he knew he couldn't bang with him.

logrus
06-14-2009, 09:04 PM
The whole world saw this coming... and I actually wanted to post this interview not to long ago, but I just figured nobody would care. :laugh:

Thats not true, you just wanted to stay out of trouble, Should have sent me the link and topic, bet I would have had a few days in the hole lol.

I know what you guys are thinking, here comes Logrus to rub it in, or say "I told you so," You guys get neither HA!

matthughesfan21
06-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Who's he fighting in August?Buenetello

NateR
06-14-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm just guessing here, but I think the last minute change to an MMA match might have been what messed Tim up. He was training for a straight boxing match, but then probably made some last minute changes to his gameplan just before the fight. I'm not saying it as an excuse, it's just a possible explanation.

Jason 16
06-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Buenetello
who he should (key word SHOULD) destroy but who know he just got ktfo buy a guy that lost to KIMBO

atomdanger
06-14-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm just guessing here, but I think the last minute change to an MMA match might have been what messed Tim up. He was training for a straight boxing match, but then probably made some last minute changes to his gameplan just before the fight. I'm not saying it as an excuse, it's just a possible explanation.

Yeah.

So it was an mma match?

matthughesfan21
06-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah.

So it was an mma match?yes

Llamafighter
06-15-2009, 12:06 AM
My guess is Tim packed on some extra LBs to put behind his punches and when it turned to MMA maybe he wasn't as prepared to change his strat..
His record should stand alone to show us that in reality Tim is 100x's the fighter that he appeared to be last night. He made an error and paid for it. I'm sure he's the most disappointed of anyone .

atomdanger
06-15-2009, 12:09 AM
My guess is Tim packed on some extra LBs to put behind his punches and when it turned to MMA maybe he wasn't as prepared to change his strat..
His record should stand alone to show us that in reality Tim is 100x's the fighter that he appeared to be last night. He made an error and paid for it. I'm sure he's the most disappointed of anyone .

Yeah... Good point.
Well, I was a fan of Tim for a long time, and although I lost a lot of respect for him,
and was banned from his forums, I hope he has a better showing next time

que
06-15-2009, 02:45 AM
the funny thing is that right when tim was falling, mercer was already in the takedown position to land in his guard. that surprised me considering he has 0 experience of takedowns or ground fighting.

que
06-15-2009, 02:47 AM
Honest question here.

(don't get mad)

Is there any way Tim took a dive? I just can't get over how he walked straight at him.
i doubt it because i doubt tim was getting paid any better than his previous fights. if he was going to take a dive it probably would have been against fedor where his paycheck was 1 million and it would have been worth it. in this fight he was probably getting paid much less than that (could be wrong though)

J.B.
06-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Thats not true, you just wanted to stay out of trouble, Should have sent me the link and topic, bet I would have had a few days in the hole lol.

I know what you guys are thinking, here comes Logrus to rub it in, or say "I told you so," You guys get neither HA!

Stay out of trouble? Trouble for what? Being critical of Tim? :laugh:

I don't follow you...:unsure:

J.B.
06-15-2009, 03:16 AM
who he should (key word SHOULD) destroy but who know he just got ktfo buy a guy that lost to KIMBO

The Mercer and Kimbo fight was a joke.

Mercer has no business trying to fight MMA, and he knows it. The only reason he has been fighting at all is to collect a paycheck. Also, the reason Kimbo won that fight is because he tricked Mercer into thinking that he actually wanted to stand and bang through ALL the hype leading up to the fight. Mercer was foolish to buy into that, and he paid the price by getting choked out.

Maldonado136
06-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Honest question here.

(don't get mad)

not a chance in hell

Maldonado136
06-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Maybe Tim over trained :unsure-1:

LOL!! he weighed in at 310 and talked about eating taco bell a few days before the fight. what a guy.

logrus
06-15-2009, 04:58 AM
Stay out of trouble? Trouble for what? Being critical of Tim? :laugh:

I don't follow you...:unsure:

Last time I posted about that guy I spent 7 days in the hole :sad:

J.B.
06-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Last time I posted about that guy I spent 7 days in the hole :sad:

What did you say? :unsure:

Besides, posting the video of Jens saying what he said would not have been out of line. I don't hate Tim, in fact I have rooted for Tim in every fight I have seen him in EXCEPT this one. This whole idea of Tim going into pro-boxing is just a little silly in my opinion. Although, hey, if could manage to get himself a nice payday, I can't blame the guy for that.

atomdanger
06-15-2009, 08:36 AM
He really let himself go for this fight,
doesn't even look like Tim.

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20090614103318_IMG_1839Edit.JPG&width_size=600

Crisco
06-15-2009, 11:53 AM
As far as Tim's strategy and training are concerned if you get knocked out in 10 seconds there isn't a whole lot of strategy involved.

You got caught with a big shot and that was it. Your training really didn't play a part in getting knocked out in 10 seconds.

VCURamFan
06-15-2009, 12:35 PM
He really let himself go for this fight,
doesn't even look like Tim.

http://sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20090614103318_IMG_1839Edit.JPG&width_size=600Wow, that's grotesque! Seriously, Tim...what's wrong with you? I feel like maybe he's gone into a mild depression since Robbie & Matt left him, eating cartons of Cherry Garcia by the light of the TV at 3am, sobbing into his chest-fur.:cry:

I feel bad for the guy. He used to be an animal, but ever since the steroid bust, he's been slipping.

Tyburn
06-15-2009, 02:26 PM
well I actually feel a little sorry for Tim...even if Jens Pulver predicted it...I still think its harsh to laugh at Sylvia...yes he's a bit of a dumbass sometimes, and he appears to be a little bit simple, and he goes off the rails quite a bit

but I still feel bad for him. At heart I think he's alright.

Jens Pulver sure did look good in that interview though, how foolish of people to think that I wouldnt care about a video involving him :rolleyes:

Adia
06-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Wow, that's grotesque! Seriously, Tim...what's wrong with you? I feel like maybe he's gone into a mild depression since Robbie & Matt left him, eating cartons of Cherry Garcia by the light of the TV at 3am, sobbing into his chest-fur.:cry:

I feel bad for the guy. He used to be an animal, but ever since the steroid bust, he's been slipping.
Didn't Tim win the belt back AFTER the roid bust...working his way back up?

I wouldn't call that the point at which he began to slip :ninja:

rockdawg21
06-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqK6yJaE4mY

Wow, I see 2 happenings for the future now:

1. Ray Mercer lost to Kimbo Slice, but Ray Mercer beat Tim Syliva. I see a Sylvia/Slice showdown in the making.

2. Sylvia lost to both Fedor and Mercer, but Mercer beat Sylvia much faster than Fedor. Perhaps a Fedor/Mercer match in the making.

Tyburn
06-15-2009, 03:01 PM

I wouldn't call that the point at which he began to slip :ninja:
are you Miss Jenn :huh:

Preach
06-15-2009, 04:20 PM

Well I could see this if he lost by kimura or knee bar.. But if he was preparing for a boxing match and got ktfo in 9 or 10 seconds while standing then I would say he has no excuse. I like Tim and am a fan of his but the facts are the facts he got KO'd

Llamafighter
06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqK6yJaE4mY

Wow, I see 2 happenings for the future now:

1. Ray Mercer lost to Kimbo Slice, but Ray Mercer beat Tim Syliva. I see a Sylvia/Slice showdown in the making.

2. Sylvia lost to both Fedor and Mercer, but Mercer beat Sylvia much faster than Fedor. Perhaps a Fedor/Mercer match in the making.

Come on! Fedor beat Tim in top form. Ray beat an overweight and (it appeared to be) somewhat out of shape Tim. Tim in top form would have crushed Ray. I jsut hope Tim isn't going through something that we are not aware of. He's taken a lot of crap thsi past year. Especially when the president of the company which you held multiple titles comes out and says some pretty nasty things about.

VCURamFan
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM

I wouldn't call that the point at which he began to slip :ninja:I took that into account, but I disagree, actually. Up to & including the McGee fight, he was undefeated & (T)KOing most of his opponents in the 1st. After getting busted, he then lost to Frank, had to leave the UFC to get a win, then came back & lost to Andrei, forcing him to once again leave the UFC in search of a win. After that, he came back to the UFC, but was not as good as he used to be: beat Telligman (oo, ahh), decisioned Silva (who's not a difficult challenge), barely survived getting KOed to beat Andrei & then began his run at point-sparring to a decision. Then he lost to Randy, leaned on Vera for a win, got KTFOed by Feodr & now KTFOed by Mercer.

rockdawg21
06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Come on! Fedor beat Tim in top form. Ray beat an overweight and (it appeared to be) somewhat out of shape Tim. Tim in top form would have crushed Ray. I jsut hope Tim isn't going through something that we are not aware of. He's taken a lot of crap thsi past year. Especially when the president of the company which you held multiple titles comes out and says some pretty nasty things about.
Dude, it was a joke. Fedor would freaking destroy Mercer.

Blmfighter
06-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Big Tim needs to learn to keep his hands up!

Blmfighter
06-15-2009, 04:42 PM
I like Tim but I didn't see a single post about the fact that Tim had his hands down. I don't care if it is a boxing match or MMA fight. When you are in there with a guy like Ray you don't drop your hands. And to do it in the first 10 secs come on your not even tried yet.

Hughes_GOAT
06-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Mercer gets Cain next.

Llamafighter
06-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Mercer gets Cain next.

In 3 years we'll be calling him Mexi-Fedor. I thought is ground control had flashes of Fedor Nog. I was really impressed with his conditioning and recovery.

Crisco
06-15-2009, 05:16 PM
In 3 years we'll be calling him Mexi-Fedor. I thought is ground control had flashes of Fedor Nog. I was really impressed with his conditioning and recovery.

Yea he is a young guy and has a lot of potential. If he crisps his stand up a bit more he would be very tough to beat.

I would like to see how his control holds up against one of the more established ground games but his take downs looked awesome and I was impressed.

Llamafighter
06-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Yea he is a young guy and has a lot of potential. If he crisps his stand up a bit more he would be very tough to beat.

I would like to see how his control holds up against one of the more established ground games but his take downs looked awesome and I was impressed.

People talked about throwing him in too deep against Kongo, but originally he was supposed to fight Herring (who would have been a good test of wrestling).

atomdanger
06-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Wow, that's grotesque! Seriously, Tim...what's wrong with you? I feel like maybe he's gone into a mild depression since Robbie & Matt left him, eating cartons of Cherry Garcia by the light of the TV at 3am, sobbing into his chest-fur.:cry:

He looks HORRIBLE.
He weighed in at what? 263 (I checked) for Fedor?
So he packed on over 40lbs? O_o

Maldonado136
06-15-2009, 06:59 PM
He looks HORRIBLE.
He weighed in at what? 263 (I checked) for Fedor?
So he packed on over 40lbs? O_o

it wasnt 40 pounds of muscle either lol

Maldonado136
06-15-2009, 07:01 PM
I took that into account, but I disagree, actually. Up to & including the McGee fight, he was undefeated & (T)KOing most of his opponents in the 1st. After getting busted, he then lost to Frank, had to leave the UFC to get a win, then came back & lost to Andrei, forcing him to once again leave the UFC in search of a win. After that, he came back to the UFC, but was not as good as he used to be: beat Telligman (oo, ahh), decisioned Silva (who's not a difficult challenge), barely survived getting KOed to beat Andrei & then began his run at point-sparring to a decision. Then he lost to Randy, leaned on Vera for a win, got KTFOed by Feodr & now KTFOed by Mercer.

this pretty much sums it up.

atomdanger
06-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Yepp, downhill.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15210/following-swift-loss-to-ray-mercer-tim-sylvia-now-pulled-from-affliction-trilogy-card.mma

Pulled from Affliction.

VCURamFan
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Yepp, downhill.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15210/following-swift-loss-to-ray-mercer-tim-sylvia-now-pulled-from-affliction-trilogy-card.mma

Pulled from Affliction.Ouch...:sad:

atomdanger
06-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Ouch...:sad:

I honestly think Tim should change up camps,
get back into shape, and take some fights in Japan.

bj44
06-15-2009, 11:22 PM
kongo= prime Nog on the ground????? lol........ Kongo didnt even get full guard once the entire fight, it was pathetic.

J.B.
06-15-2009, 11:28 PM
I read that the Boxing Commissions would not let this fight be a boxing exhibition...

does anybody know why?

I might have missed something...:unsure-1:

My only guess, is that Tim's pure boxing skills were not up to par to face Mercer in a straight boxing match. Not sure though.

Jeff Crow
06-15-2009, 11:54 PM

LESNAR :D

J.B.
06-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Just to comment on an earlier post...

Mercer would get killed against Fedor in a MMA fight, but make no mistake that if Fedor let Mercer hit him in the jaw like he did to Tim, the "Russian Bear" would go into hibernation. :wink:

Neezar
06-16-2009, 03:18 AM
:laugh:I like Tim but I didn't see a single post about the fact that Tim had his hands down. I don't care if it is a boxing match or MMA fight. When you are in there with a guy like Ray you don't drop your hands. And to do it in the first 10 secs come on your not even tried yet.

Go back about 3 pages.

Tim didn't even have his hands up! He was straight into that guy's sweet spot.

:duh:

:Whistle:

Boxers know how to throw punches, and with 4 oz gloves they could be lethal coming from a HW or some guy with big power. Mercer could KO any MMA HW, but the difference is most of them would know what and would take him down to the mat immediately or at least keep their hands up and maintain distance.

I dont think so. The only thing MMA about this fight was in a cage and thin gloves. Tim screwed up big time by standing with his hands down in the face of a former pro boxer. Mercer would get sent to the hospital via Life Flight against somebody like Barnett. Maybe they'll set that fight up..

And that is just from one page.

J.B.
06-16-2009, 06:05 AM

Go back about 3 pages.

:Whistle:

And that is just from one page.

:w00t:

and not a single post was MINE!!! :laugh:

rockdawg21
06-16-2009, 11:18 AM
kongo= prime Nog on the ground????? lol........ Kongo didnt even get full guard once the entire fight, it was pathetic.
Yeah, I've seen a few people on here supporting Kongo for a title shot against Lesnar. I told them they were nuts as Lesnar would immediately put Kongo on his back and G&P him. If Cain was able to dominate him like that, just think of what Brock would have done. Kongo's a good standup fighter, but that's it.

Crisco
06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
I saw last night that Atencio kicked tim off the affliction card because he wanted him to be safe.

Llamafighter
06-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I saw last night that Atencio kicked tim off the affliction card because he wanted him to be safe.

Yeah, he and Monte Cox (tim's manager) agreed that it would be too risky to have him fight within 90 days. He apparently signed a new 3 fight deal with Affliction prior to his circus match with mercer.
Atencio is actualy fighting on the undercard of that event. How bad would it be if he got KO'd so bad that he had to go to the hospital and missed the rest of the card.

rearnakedchoke
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I read that the Boxing Commissions would not let this fight be a boxing exhibition...

does anybody know why?

I might have missed something...:unsure-1:

My only guess, is that Tim's pure boxing skills were not up to par to face Mercer in a straight boxing match. Not sure though.
Apparently the Alabama BC didn't think the fight was set up correctly .. which probably means that enough money wasn't being kicked up to them ... boxing commissions are crooked

Crisco
06-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Apparently the Alabama BC didn't think the fight was set up correctly .. which probably means that enough money wasn't being kicked up to them ... boxing commissions are crooked

Alabama doesnt have a commision.

The reason it was changed was because the ABC got in touch with cox and threatened to throw him in jail and take his promoters license because without some of sort of regulation from a boxing commision the event is illegal.

They originally had a trible council from Canada to monitor the bout but they pulled out so the ABC swooped in and told them it was illegal.

atomdanger
06-16-2009, 06:05 PM

I really don't think it was set up correctly either,
60lb weight difference, probably shouldn't have been able to do it at all.
They should have made Tim come in under 265