PDA

View Full Version : Fabers' hand

Jason 16
06-08-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.mmatko.com/urijah-fabers-x-rays-of-his-broken-hand-post-wec-41/

this happened in the first round and I think it make the difference in the fight. not just in the way of punching but for the chokes he tried near the end. I think his left hand was hurt aswell. he was throwing the left hook as a slap like in king of Pancreas

Crisco
06-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Brown would win ANOTHER rematch.

Jason 16
06-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Brown would win ANOTHER rematch.
maybe Iam just saying that that hand put any chance of him winning out the window and it happened in the first round.and there needs to be a third fight at some point well if brown can take Aldo

bj44
06-08-2009, 09:58 PM
maybe Iam just saying that that hand put any chance of him winning out the window and it happened in the first round.and there needs to be a third fight at some point well if brown can take Aldo
a third fight would be dumb, what happenes if urijah wins a 4th fight and what if urijah wins that one are they gonna have a 5th fight to even the score..... Naw there are a bunch of upcoming fw's to have new matchups not the same recycled one over and over... Urijah had two chances and lost.

Jason 16
06-08-2009, 10:00 PM
a third fight would be dumb, what happenes if urijah wins a 4th fight and what if urijah wins that one are they gonna have a 5th fight to even the score..... Naw there are a bunch of upcoming fw's to have new matchups not the same recycled one over and over... Urijah had two chances and lost.
so your not going to give him a shot if he kills every one else at the weight like he has been

Tyburn
06-08-2009, 10:32 PM
I'll say it again.

We may never know if Urijah would have won. However, we do know he held the belt for an age, that he was injured, and that dispite that injury in the first round, he was never finished

I think that once he recovers they will make this a trilogy.

Until then, watch Jose Aldo :ninja:

logrus
06-09-2009, 12:15 AM
I noticed near the end of the fight Faber was throwing slaps more then he was throwing bombs, I think trying to compensate for his broken hand he might have inured it to a degree as well. I have to give mad props to him for sticking it out with a broken hand, I know how painful they can be, punches blocks, elbows and pressure on the forearm is a crazy crazy pain.

As for a Brown vs Faber, I know there will be a 3rd one down the line. Its already being questioned the performance Brown put on. Your suppose to be the best with 1 punch power but a guy with 1 hand gave you all you could handle for 5 rounds.

Irish Pride
06-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Does seem odd to have another rematch so soon.

Rich lost to Silva, got the rematch, lost, didn't fight him again.

Matt lost to GSP, got the rematch, lost, didn't fight him again.

Not saying it WON'T happen and I realize the circumstances are a bit different but still. Just seems odd to have another rematch with Brown and Faber any time soon.

stevy1222
06-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Brown would've won whether faber broke his hand or not... and faber still could've won even with a broken hand but didn't

joe riggs beat phil baroni with 2 broken hands!!!!

atomdanger
06-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Its no excuse, he is the one who punched wrong and broke his own hand.
When you're striking is so unorthodox this is going to happen,
but the bottom line is, if he was the better man he would have won anyway.

Fedor has broken his hand in several fights,
he also fought Mark Hunt with broken toes.

Rich Franklin, broke his hand, still won.

The better fighter usually wins (aside from some odd occurrences),
and Brown has beaten Faber twice in convincing fashion.
IMO, if Faber wouldn't have been backpeddling so much, he would have been finished.

MattHughesRocks
06-09-2009, 02:28 AM
That's just the pass around pic that mma fighters use to show why they lost :laugh:

sender
06-09-2009, 02:36 AM
Mines well have rich franklin fight anderson again... he did make it to the second round the second fight, maybe if he fights him again he'll make it to the 3ird or fourth and eventualy if he keeps fighting him he can win once...

Neezar
06-09-2009, 03:27 AM
That's just the pass around pic that mma fighters use to show why they lost :laugh:
I agree.

:laugh:

Jason 16
06-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Iam shocked BJ hasnt used it

logrus
06-09-2009, 04:10 AM
Its no excuse, he is the one who punched wrong and broke his own hand.
When you're striking is so unorthodox this is going to happen,
but the bottom line is, if he was the better man he would have won anyway.

Fedor has broken his hand in several fights,
he also fought Mark Hunt with broken toes.

Rich Franklin, broke his hand, still won.

The better fighter usually wins (aside from some odd occurrences),
and Brown has beaten Faber twice in convincing fashion.
IMO, if Faber wouldn't have been backpeddling so much, he would have been finished.

First you wont see Brown vs Faber anytime soon. Faber will be pinned up and in a cast for the better part of 2-4 months, then you have another 1-4 months just to get it strong enough to start to train MMA. So in that time frame Brown could possibly become an after thought anyways, 6 month to a yar tops before we see Faber compete.

You can punch right and still break your hand, it depends on how the fighter is moving during the punch and where the intended strike lands. Then there are times when you just hit the right spot and pop,

Some fighters can handle the pain of a broken hand or a shattered hand, and some can not. But you can't forget to take into account each mans break, how it broke, when it broke and how there body reacted to the trauma itself. I broke my hand across to bones and was fine til I tried to put a little weight on my forearm to get it, and it made me nearly pass out, at one point I thought I dislocated my finger again and even tried to pop it back in but gave up cause it wasn't working.

Brown won but I wasn't impressed on that night considering Faber had no right hand pretty much the whole fight.

Jason 16
06-09-2009, 04:39 AM
First you wont see Brown vs Faber anytime soon. Faber will be pinned up and in a cast for the better part of 2-4 months, then you have another 1-4 months just to get it strong enough to start to train MMA. So in that time frame Brown could possibly become an after thought anyways, 6 month to a yar tops before we see Faber compete.

You can punch right and still break your hand, it depends on how the fighter is moving during the punch and where the intended strike lands. Then there are times when you just hit the right spot and pop,

Some fighters can handle the pain of a broken hand or a shattered hand, and some can not. But you can't forget to take into account each mans break, how it broke, when it broke and how there body reacted to the trauma itself. I broke my hand across to bones and was fine til I tried to put a little weight on my forearm to get it, and it made me nearly pass out, at one point I thought I dislocated my finger again and even tried to pop it back in but gave up cause it wasn't working.

Brown won but I wasn't impressed on that night considering Faber had no right hand pretty much the whole fight.
+1
QFT
IAgree
Good post
thats what I have been trying to say

Llamafighter
06-10-2009, 01:36 PM
http://www.mmatko.com/urijah-fabers-x-rays-of-his-broken-hand-post-wec-41/

this happened in the first round and I think it make the difference in the fight. not just in the way of punching but for the chokes he tried near the end. I think his left hand was hurt aswell. he was throwing the left hook as a slap like in king of Pancreas
This is a pretty nast break. I had a similar break to my hand a few years back and it is painful.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff303/Howie3045/faber-hand.jpg

logrus
06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
+1
QFT
IAgree
Good post
thats what I have been trying to say

See I don't always start trouble, it's usually only half the time.

Another thing is Faber could have possibly entered the fight unknowingly with a stress fracture in the hand. I know a lot of runners who have had stress fractures in their foot and still managed to run a marathon or a triathlon.

Looking at the picture break #2 would possibly be ok enough to continue striking especially with a good tape job, the first break is so bad you know every time he striked it was doing more damage to the inside of his hand and shifting even worse.

Llamafighter
06-10-2009, 03:02 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o92/mark_dunn01/break.jpg

B. looks like a complete fracture if you look really close, and I think C. is a problem area too. That overlap may be caused by swelling though. not sure. Where's Amy when we need her?

atomdanger
06-10-2009, 07:09 PM
You can punch right and still break your hand, it depends on how the fighter is moving during the punch and where the intended strike lands. Then there are times when you just hit the right spot and pop

I disagree with this part. But Agree with everything else you said.

I have never seen anybody hit right, and have the outside bones in their hand break,
They broke because his punch landed funny, either he threw it wrong,
or brown was moving. But either way, its the punchers fault.

logrus
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I disagree with this part. But Agree with everything else you said.

I have never seen anybody hit right, and have the outside bones in their hand break,
They broke because his punch landed funny, either he threw it wrong,
or brown was moving. But either way, its the punchers fault.

He could have thrown it wrong, or Brown could have moved to a point where the punch would have landed in an awkward angle. Still it's not Fabers fault it happened nor is it Browns. It's a freak accident in which a bunch of weird circumstances had to happen in order for it to happen.

Tyburn
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
He could have thrown it wrong, or Brown could have moved to a point where the punch would have landed in an awkward angle. Still it's not Fabers fault it happened nor is it Browns. It's a freak accident in which a bunch of weird circumstances had to happen in order for it to happen.
No Logrus. A "freak accident in which a bunch of weired circumstances had to happen" is the sorta thing you say about The Leg of Correy Hill.

Poor Technique, or poor judgement on when to throw, is not "weired circumstances" and the resulting injury is far from a "Freak Accident" :mellow:

atomdanger
06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
No Logrus. A "freak accident in which a bunch of weired circumstances had to happen" is the sorta thing you say about The Leg of Correy Hill.

Poor Technique, or poor judgement on when to throw, is not "weired circumstances" and the resulting injury is far from a "Freak Accident" :mellow:

Exactly.

If I go into a fight and do everything right, I cannot break my hand from a punch

Buzzard
06-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Exactly.

If I go into a fight and do everything right, I cannot break my hand from a punch

I disagree.

Jason 16
06-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I disagree.
I also disagree

Jason 16
06-11-2009, 01:27 AM

And we all know you just dont like Logrus so Iam not going to bother

logrus
06-11-2009, 03:45 AM

You could argue that point for Hill as well, that his leg was nothing more then a result of poor technique. Then again you have to remember how many times hes kicked that same kick, had the kick checked.

You have to remember when you punch even at that mili second it was a perfect time, by the time it arrives at the target it could turn into a bad one. One move to the left right, back or ducking the hand changes the point of impact and the angle of said impact.

Then you have to look at the hand prior to the fight, was there a preexisting hairline or a stress fracture. Then again it is very simple to get a stress fracture with perfect form. Runners are known to get stress fractures in their angles and feet just by running.

ufcfan2
06-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I know ppl like bringing up other fighters who have had broken bones and continued on and won. However; everyone handles them differently so I won't dismiss Faber as a wuss as again everyone handles injuries differently. I don't blame Faber not wanting to keep punching with that hand,why take a chance of permantly damaging ur money makers. There will be other fights and other chances at the title,so why take that risk.
If he was healthy would of he won? Not sure were not gonna know until sometime down the line. I'm pretty positive there will be a 3rd fight whether its a titlefight or a contendors match down the road.

County Mike
06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
You can definitely throw a correct punch and still have your hand break. You can throw a proper kick and have your foot break. I suppose you can spit it a million different ways but if you throw a proper punch, but hit your opponent in the forehead, you can still break your hand. How you choose to pass the blame could go a million ways, but it doesn't mean he was punching wrong. The bones in the hand aren't very large. They aren't THAT hard to break.

logrus
06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
You can definitely throw a correct punch and still have your hand break. You can throw a proper kick and have your foot break. I suppose you can spit it a million different ways but if you throw a proper punch, but hit your opponent in the forehead, you can still break your hand. How you choose to pass the blame could go a million ways, but it doesn't mean he was punching wrong. The bones in the hand aren't very large. They aren't THAT hard to break.

Here you have it from someone who trains MMA more then he posts. :punch:

Don't worry Mike I never saw you agree with me. :Whistle: