PDA

View Full Version : WEC EVENT WAS AWESOME!

sender
06-08-2009, 05:18 AM
MAN what an awesome card!!!

Sucks for Jens though :S

But man brown and faber fight was like 100% the full 35 minutes! Prolly one of the best fights of the year IMO.

And where the heck did this aldo guy come from???

cubsfan47
06-08-2009, 05:25 AM

But man brown and faber fight was like 100% the full 35 minutes! Prolly one of the best fights of the year IMO.

+1

Maldonado136
06-08-2009, 07:16 AM
i will admit aldo scares the crap outta me hes so fast!!! and how come urijah is always the one to walk to the cage with the hot lady cop??

Primadawn
06-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Anybody else think the Jorgenson/Banuelos fight was called wrong?:huh:

County Mike
06-08-2009, 12:20 PM

Yeah, it was a split decision with apparently two blind judges.

Llamafighter
06-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah, it was a split decision with apparently two blind judges.

Sherdog scored the first 2 rounds to Antonio. I did not see it, but sounds like it was pretty close.

rearnakedchoke
06-08-2009, 02:33 PM
ok, good, i thought i was the only one .. but i guess that is why i am not a judge ... LOL

rearnakedchoke
06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
ok, good, i thought i was the only one .. but i guess that is why i am not a judge ... LOL
oh, and yes, it was a good card ... too bad urijah broke his hand, not that i was pulling for him, but he didn't throw his right at all after the first and was still competitive ... and also is crazy .. that double knee was crazy .. dude's eye was messed ...

Max
06-08-2009, 04:13 PM
oh, and yes, it was a good card ... too bad urijah broke his hand, not that i was pulling for him, but he didn't throw his right at all after the first and was still competitive ...
I was thinking the same thing. I am interested to know how that fight would have been different had Faber not broken his hand.

sender
06-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I am interested to know how that fight would have been different had Faber not broken his hand.

Honestly I don't think the fight would have gone any different. The way I see it is if Faber didn't break his hand he probably would have thrown loser punches and maybe brown would have connected with a big shot. Or he would dominate brown on the feet and then brown would just keep taking him down. My opinion though maybe it would have went different but I think Brown is just too strong for faber to impose his game on.

Faith and Grace
06-08-2009, 06:16 PM
I though it was a great night for WEC. I can now see them stepping up in the MMA world.

Tyburn
06-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I didnt find the card very "awesome" :sad:

Jason 16
06-08-2009, 07:20 PM

Aldo has been around this is his 3rd or 4th first round ko in the wec and he is a BB In bjj

sender
06-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I didnt find the card very "awesome" :sad:

ignore the Jens fight... and it was :tongue0011:

Jason 16
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM
I think that was the only one he watched

sender do you think Faber could have won the fight if he dint break both of his hands

sender
06-08-2009, 08:20 PM

sender do you think Faber could have won the fight if he dint break both of his hands

Like I replied to Max... I think Brown had it either way

Honestly I don't think the fight would have gone any different. The way I see it is if Faber didn't break his hand he probably would have thrown loser punches and maybe brown would have connected with a big shot. Or he would dominate brown on the feet and then brown would just keep taking him down. My opinion though maybe it would have went different but I think Brown is just too strong for faber to impose his game on.

Tyburn
06-08-2009, 08:31 PM

I didnt watch any of it. Cant get it in England :mellow:

matthughesfan21
06-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I didnt watch any of it. Cant get it in England :mellow:
you get the internet right?

well then you can get the fights through the internet:)

Tyburn
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I will admit that I was most pleased by Pettis and Aldo.

Brown/Faber...didnt have a vested interest in...think that it will be a trilogy as soon as Faber is recovered because he may not win but he's competative and brown didnt finish him when he was injured in the first round

Tyburn
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
you get the internet right?

well then you can get the fights through the internet:)
I lost the linkey-doo to make that happen when the Forum changed servers :laugh: :ninja: :laugh:

Jason 16
06-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Like I replied to Max... I think Brown had it either way
sorry dint read the whole thread

I think it would have been alotcloser then you think

matthughesfan21
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I lost the linkey-doo to make that happen when the Forum changed servers :laugh: :ninja: :laugh:
next event remind me and I'll PM you one of the links thats working the best at that present time

sender
06-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I will admit that I was most pleased by Pettis and Aldo.

Brown/Faber...didnt have a vested interest in...think that it will be a trilogy as soon as Faber is recovered because he may not win but he's competative and brown didnt finish him when he was injured in the first round

Its all part of the fight game though... Thats like saying get faber to fight Jens again! Well if Jens had a different game plan he would have won. Or get Matt Serra to fight GSP again cause If he connected like in the first fight he would have won. "If"s don't really come into play in the fight game in my opinion because on any given day the best fighter can lose.