PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce **SPOILERS***

matthughesfan21
06-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Rogers KO's AA, WHAT??????? OMG....it looked like an early stop, but im watching from the computer, so im not sure

check that, I just saw the replay, and right before AA went down you saw his body go limp like in the fedor fight, he recovered, but he was out

matthughesfan21
06-07-2009, 04:50 AM
i'm in shock right now, wow rogers....22 second KO, amazing

Jason 16
06-07-2009, 04:51 AM
man rogers has some speed for a big man

matthughesfan21
06-07-2009, 04:52 AM
man rogers has some speed for a big man
and AA has a bad chin for a HW also

matthughesfan21
06-07-2009, 04:53 AM
ROBBIE IS NEXT UP!!!!!!!

Jason 16
06-07-2009, 04:53 AM
I still say overeem will kill him

Liddellfan
06-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Seems like Arlovski can no longer take a punch....he masy want to find something else to do.

Maldonado136
06-07-2009, 05:00 AM
that sucks that he got kod like that. i had a gut feeling that it would happen but it sucks that i was right. btw say what you want about nick diaz but he is a real fighter and thats just the truth.

Max
06-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Seems like Arlovski can no longer take a punch....he masy want to find something else to do.
He never could take a punch. He had 7 losses and 6 are TKOs. The guy has had a glass jaw since he started fighting.

atomdanger
06-07-2009, 05:03 AM
WTF.

Rogers KOed AA???? O_o
Thats a Crop/Cop GG or a Serra / GSP IMO.... wow....

bj44
06-07-2009, 05:04 AM
arlovski would be secend to only fedor if he had a halfway decent chin... He has terrable survival skills when hes rocked as well moves straight back... come on arlovski :angry:

matthughesfan21
06-07-2009, 05:14 AM
GOD DAMNIRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

logrus
06-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Robbie blew it, he must have brain farted or something.

Liddellfan
06-07-2009, 05:16 AM
They need to fight again....SHIELDS looked scared the whole time and didn't like getting hit...Robbie got caught...REMATCH.

J.B.
06-07-2009, 05:17 AM
I was not surprised one bit by the Rodgers KO, I will admit 22 seconds was quicker than I thought it would happen though.

I am surprised about Robbie though, that sucks. :angry:

matthughesfan21
06-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Robbie was dominating that fight, and made one mistake, and he paid for it....99 times out 100, robbie wins that fight

Boomer
06-07-2009, 05:18 AM
Robbie blew it, he must have brain farted or something.

:scared0015: What happend??

logrus
06-07-2009, 05:19 AM
I dont want to see it.

logrus
06-07-2009, 05:20 AM

Robbie was dominating then just let Jake take his neck while standing in the cage

Boomer
06-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Robbie was dominating then just let Jake take his neck while standing in the cage

crap ....

Max
06-07-2009, 05:22 AM
from Sherdog

Lawler comes straight forward after absorbing a low kick and is taken down by a single leg. Lawler stands and clinches with Shields against the fencing. Lawler backs off and unloads with his hands. Shields struggles to Lawler down twice from the clinch and fails. Shields pulls guard with an arm-in guillotine choke. Lawler stands trying to break the hold, but is brought back to the canvas. Lawler gives one last effort to escape before tapping to the hold at 2:02 of the first.

I wonder if the UFC will go after Shields now. He just best the best MW not in the UFC imo.

logrus
06-07-2009, 05:23 AM
crap ....

Sorry but I called it too. Though I had it in the second round happening.

logrus
06-07-2009, 05:26 AM
from Sherdog

Lawler comes straight forward after absorbing a low kick and is taken down by a single leg. Lawler stands and clinches with Shields against the fencing. Lawler backs off and unloads with his hands. Shields struggles to Lawler down twice from the clinch and fails. Shields pulls guard with an arm-in guillotine choke. Lawler stands trying to break the hold, but is brought back to the canvas. Lawler gives one last effort to escape before tapping to the hold at 2:02 of the first.

I wonder if the UFC will go after Shields now. He just best the best MW not in the UFC imo.

Robbie just seemed to be playing with Jake, like he figured Jake had nothing for him..

Max
06-07-2009, 05:28 AM
Robbie just seemed to be playing with Jake, like he figured Jake had nothing for him..
but it seems like Jake did have something for him. Thats why you cant play with opponents.

Boomer
06-07-2009, 05:29 AM
from Sherdog

Thanks max sherdog is blocked out here ... man that stinks. I know Robbie trained hard for this fight. Good question on the UFC and Shields. I still think that the UFC will want Robbie though. That would be a good grudge match for a UFC draw ...

CBCS
06-07-2009, 05:35 AM
AA is going to try pro boxing? With a chin like that...hmmm. Not a good idea.

Poor Robbie just got caught...tough loss.

I see Dana giving Shields a call soon.....

Liddellfan
06-07-2009, 05:41 AM
AA is going to try pro boxing? With a chin like that...hmmm. Not a good idea.

Poor Robbie just got caught...tough loss.

I see Dana giving Shields a call soon.....

Not sure about that..Dana wants fighters who actually go out and fight. If you watched the fight, Robbie was dominate until he left his head under the arm against the cage. He got caught that what happened. Shields looked scared to death in that fight.

bj44
06-07-2009, 05:47 AM
I got shields looked better than you guys are saying... He was throwing good leg and body kicks... Plus if hes in the ufc ww division hes not gonna face anyone who hits as hard as robbie...

MattHughesRocks
06-07-2009, 05:52 AM
My poor Andre lost :sad:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
06-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Who cares about AA................Robbie lost!!!!!:cry:

logrus
06-07-2009, 05:55 AM
Id phone Jake before I phone Robbie, thats for sure.

logrus
06-07-2009, 05:55 AM
My poor Andre lost :sad:

He needs to retire.

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
06-07-2009, 05:56 AM
I agree, bye bye AA

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
06-07-2009, 05:57 AM
What about the Riggs and Diaz fights......anyone know the results???

logrus
06-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Diaz put on a clinic against Smith and Riggs won, but the fight was boring after the first. Riggs broke both his hands he says and Phil gassed big time.

MattHughesRocks
06-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Hey Tonya! Diaz won...I missed that fight...and Riggs won...big surprise. I don't know how because I didnt see that one either :laugh:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
06-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks!!!!

They said Riggs broke both hands......OUCH!!!!!
Dont they teach them boys how to throw punches w/o hurting your hands?

Maldonado136
06-07-2009, 06:01 AM
i disagree i thought all of the rounds in the diaz fight were exciting. he unleashed combo after combo and hurt smith on multiple occasions.

WAR DIAZ

MattHughesRocks
06-07-2009, 06:08 AM
I think they lie sometimes though :unsure-1:

Thanks!!!!

They said Riggs broke both hands......OUCH!!!!!
Dont they teach them boys how to throw punches w/o hurting your hands?

logrus
06-07-2009, 06:12 AM
i disagree i thought all of the rounds in the diaz fight were exciting. he unleashed combo after combo and hurt smith on multiple occasions.

WAR DIAZ

Who you disagreeing with ?

Josh
06-07-2009, 06:16 AM
I know a lot of people don't like Diaz' personality and I don't either but the guy has to recognized as a good all around fighter. I would love to see him back in the UFC and I think he would do pretty decent. His JJ would mess a lot of guys up and the strikers would even have to be careful.

bj44
06-07-2009, 06:18 AM
I know a lot of people don't like Diaz' personality and I don't either but the guy has to recognized as a good all around fighter. I would love to see him back in the UFC and I think he would do pretty decent. His JJ would mess a lot of guys up and the strikers would even have to be careful.
scott smith is better than most strikers in the mw division and he got picked apart.... Diaz is on a whole different level than he was in the ufc

atomdanger
06-07-2009, 08:01 AM
O_o

I think the AA / Rogers stoppage was bad.
I rewatched a solid 10 times, and AA was dazed, but people who are knocked out don't turn,
put thier arms out, and start to stand up.

Blah, Rogers probably would have finished him off, but still.

J.B.
06-07-2009, 08:15 AM
O_o

I rewatched a solid 10 times, and AA was dazed, but people who are knocked out don't turn,

Dude, AA got handled... that stoppage was fine.

http://i44.tinypic.com/34j7zh1.gif

atomdanger
06-07-2009, 08:19 AM

He landed on his hands and knees.

Guys who are out, either tighten up, or go limp.

He stuck his hands out and landed on his hands and knees,
when you're out that doesn't happen, just my opinion.
I would have like to see it go another 3 or 4 seconds to see what happened.
AA was half stood up by the time John got between them.

J.B.
06-07-2009, 08:31 AM
He landed on his hands and knees.

Guys who are out, either tighten up, or go limp.

He stuck his hands out and landed on his hands and knees,
when you're out that doesn't happen, just my opinion.
I would have like to see it go another 3 or 4 seconds to see what happened.
AA was half stood up by the time John got between them.

AA was about to get unloaded on. 3 or 4 more seconds and who knows what kind of damage could have been inflicted. Better to fall on the safe side IMO. Not to mention the look on Arlovski's face as he was going down, and after he got up. His eyes were bloodshot and he was clearly messed up.

Llamafighter
06-07-2009, 09:32 AM
AA got beat. like Barnette said, he moved straight back with no head movement and got KO'd. He was on his hands and knees but in position to get crushed with many unanswered strikes

CBCS
06-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Brett Rogers is a chump IMO. All you can do is stand and bang. hmmm Tank Abott? Kimbo Slice? Ouch...yeah I just went there. He impresses me none. AA just got caught. If AA is training for a Pro Boxing debut and he has that kind of head movement, moving straight back with your head in the air with NO head movement. The result will be KO for most anyone.

AND Rogers put himself in the group with top 10 HW's....are you kidding?
You beat one worthy opponent and you are a top 10 HW? I think NOT.

Diaz is a punkass BUT he did beat Smith like he just stole something.

Robbie just got caught. He pressed him against the cage going for a takedown? Left his head wide open. It happens to everyone. Robbie will bounce back. He is a BAMF.

rearnakedchoke
06-07-2009, 03:01 PM
He never could take a punch. He had 7 losses and 6 are TKOs. The guy has had a glass jaw since he started fighting.
and that's the thing you really can't train to get better at imo, sure you can build a resiliency up to taking shots, but imo you're ability to not get or get KO'd is physiologically determined ...

rearnakedchoke
06-07-2009, 03:03 PM
AA was about to get unloaded on. 3 or 4 more seconds and who knows what kind of damage could have been inflicted. Better to fall on the safe side IMO. Not to mention the look on Arlovski's face as he was going down, and after he got up. His eyes were bloodshot and he was clearly messed up.
yeah, good stoppage ... he crumpled and that is all BJM needed to see

rearnakedchoke
06-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Brett Rogers is a chump IMO. All you can do is stand and bang. hmmm Tank Abott? Kimbo Slice? Ouch...yeah I just went there. He impresses me none. AA just got caught. If AA is training for a Pro Boxing debut and he has that kind of head movement, moving straight back with your head in the air with NO head movement. The result will be KO for most anyone.

Robbie just got caught. He pressed him against the cage going for a takedown? Left his head wide open. It happens to everyone. Robbie will bounce back. He is a BAMF.
i wouldn't call him a chump .... until someone can take him down and pound him, he is gonna stand and fight ...

J.B.
06-07-2009, 03:10 PM

First off, Tank Abbott was and is legendary. Sure, he was not the best fighter by any means, but the dude would fight anybody and he definitely had a part in helping the sport gain popularity in it's early days. So don't hate on the Tank.

Besides, what is wrong with standing and banging? 9 times out of 10, people will cry like babies if guys are not out there swinging for the fences, or complain when fights end up on the ground for long periods of time. I think it's safe to say that most people consider the stand-up aspect to be the most exciting part of the fights, and it does not bother me when a fighter focuses more on one aspect of fighting rather than another. I'm also not one of the people who complain about the ground aspect. I say use whatever you are best at as long as it's working. Thats what MMA is all about.

I also don't think it is fair to the fighters when people use the phrase "he just got caught". Trust me, I was pulling for Robbie just as much as everyone else around here, and I do think that in a rematch Robbie would not make the same mistake and Shields would probably end up KTFO. Still, Robbie made a mistake, and it cost him the fight. Just like Arlovski. Although, I really did not think AA stood much of chance to begin with, at least Robbie was dominating the fight with Sheilds up until the point when he "got caught".

When you have two professional athletes competing at a high level, there is BARELY any luck involved. It was not lucky when Rashad KO'd Chuck, when Serra TKO'd GSP, or last night when Rodgers put AA down. It's how it goes, and I always think credit should be given where it is due, regardless of judgments of character or personal preference.

logrus
06-07-2009, 04:46 PM
O_o

You dare go against the great Big Jon?!?!? Actually being the biggest A.A fan on these forums I think it was the perfect time to stop the fight. When they went to Big Jons cam you could see A.A was out on his feet anything after the fact would have been nothing but bad news for A.A

As for the Robbie fight, hate to say but I called it. :frantics:

MattHughesRocks
06-07-2009, 04:56 PM
:cry:

ufcfan2
06-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Ya, AA got pwned for sure,maybe bad strategy or something. I thought with his boxing skills being better he would use movement to counter Rogers power. I personally would'nt consider Rogers top 10 just yet, I wanna see someone put him on his ass and see if hes got ground game.
Randlemen fight was okay, he had no gas tank at all. If he had any type of cardio I think he pulls this off,but he didn't.
Diaz fight was good as well, Smith has no concept of movement he has a sign that says 'hit me'. I really wanted Smith to KO Diaz,but he didn't have anything for him.
Robbie, i was so wanting him to KTFO Shields,but he left his neck open for that choke. He seemed to keep leaning his head down everytime they clinched...I like to see a rematch for sure I think Robbie will learn from this mistake and perform better.
Overall a decent card especially for the price they charged, I just wish they get different announcers.

Maldonado136
06-07-2009, 05:44 PM
the double standard thing is ridiculous. andrei was so good he was beating fedor until the end blah blah blah and now all of the sudden he needs to retire? rogers destroyed aa whereas fedor struggled. if shane carwin can get hype then rogers deserves it just as much if not more. and if you think the stoppage was bad then you need to wake up and watch it again.

logrus
06-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Robbie JAke rematch for the title Robbie eats him alive by the middle of the second round.

J.B.
06-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh, and the UFC needs to re-sign Nick Diaz, no doubt.

bj44
06-07-2009, 06:38 PM
AA is probably the most talented hw out there its a shame about his chin.... I didnt really care who won that fight going in but i felt sick to my stomach after arlovski got koed....

Oh and Rogers gets beat by anyone with half decent wrestling who goes in there with the gameplan of taking him down

J.B.
06-07-2009, 06:49 PM
AA is probably the most talented hw out there its a shame about his chin.... I didnt really care who won that fight going in but i felt sick to my stomach after arlovski got koed....

Oh and Rogers gets beat by anyone with half decent wrestling who goes in there with the gameplan of taking him down

C'mon bro, do you really think AA is the most talented HW? I mean, part of being a GOOD fighter is having the ability to take a punch. Arlovski has shown time and time again that he cannot do that. I agree, it is a shame about his chin, because when he was rocking the George Michael haircut, I really wanted to root for him, and I am being serious. :laugh:

However, I said it before, and I stand by it, for a long time I have felt that AA was over-rated. He is below Sylvia in the HW ranking, and that list is pretty short right now. Not to sound harsh, but is it any surprise that both AA and Sylvia are trying to convert to pro-boxing? Both of them will see the same fate if they try that path, no matter what Freddie Roach says. Which is a shame, because I have a ton of respect for Roach, and he has been saying a lot of stuff lately that has made me have a major face-palm.

bj44
06-07-2009, 07:03 PM
C'mon bro, do you really think AA is the most talented HW? I mean, part of being a GOOD fighter is having the ability to take a punch. Arlovski has shown time and time again that he cannot do that. I agree, it is a shame about his chin, because when he was rocking the George Michael haircut, I really wanted to root for him, and I am being serious. :laugh:

However, I said it before, and I stand by it, for a long time I have felt that AA was over-rated. He is below Sylvia in the HW ranking, and that list is pretty short right now. Not to sound harsh, but is it any surprise that both AA and Sylvia are trying to convert to pro-boxing? Both of them will see the same fate if they try that path, no matter what Freddie Roach says. Which is a shame, because I have a ton of respect for Roach, and he has been saying a lot of stuff lately that has made me have a major face-palm.
well genetics have nothing to do with skill level.... Arlovski is very skilled on the feet, good on the ground and very hard to take down hes as well rounded as a hw can get.... He just cant take a punch which like i said has nothing to do with skill level.

J.B.
06-07-2009, 07:19 PM
well genetics have nothing to do with skill level.... Arlovski is very skilled on the feet, good on the ground and very hard to take down hes as well rounded as a hw can get.... He just cant take a punch which like i said has nothing to do with skill level.

Okay, sure, AA is a pretty "well rounded" HW, but how many fighters in the professional fight game do you know of that have gone anywhere with glass jaws? He can have all the skill in the world, but if he keeps folding like an old-time poker player every time he gets tapped, none of that means jack.

Again, I am serious, I was rooting for George Michael at one time..."you gotta have faith, faith, faith..." :laugh:

logrus
06-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh, and the UFC needs to re-sign Nick Diaz, no doubt.

Diaz would be great back in the UFC, he would definitely have a ton of peeps rooting him on either way lol.

atomdanger
06-07-2009, 09:44 PM
the double standard thing is ridiculous. andrei was so good he was beating fedor until the end blah blah blah and now all of the sudden he needs to retire? rogers destroyed aa whereas fedor struggled. if shane carwin can get hype then rogers deserves it just as much if not more. and if you think the stoppage was bad then you need to wake up and watch it again.

How did Fedor struggle? Fedor didn't rush in like that,
nor did he try, he let AA come to him.

Two different game plans, so no... Fedor did not struggle rushing in on AA

atomdanger
06-07-2009, 09:45 PM
I honestly think AA's downfall was straining strictly at a boxing gym.
He left the UFC on a 3 fight win streak,
and he also got a win in Afflicion, but went to Freddie Roach for Fedor,
and stayed there. I don't get it...

I don't know why you would think that you could train at a boxing gym,
and compete in mma at any serious level

J.B.
06-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Diaz would be great back in the UFC, he would definitely have a ton of peeps rooting him on either way lol.

Love him or hate him, you can't deny his talent.

That's the great thing about the UFC being the "grandest stage of them all" when it comes to MMA. When you have a fighter with as much talent as Diaz, and considering how polarizing a character he is, there NO reason for him not to be in the UFC.

Geez, has it really become that much like the WWF? :laugh:

atomdanger
06-07-2009, 10:03 PM

That's the great thing about the UFC being the "grandest stage of them all" when it comes to MMA. When you have a fighter with as much talent as Diaz, and considering how polarizing a character he is, there NO reason for him not to be in the UFC.

I really have started to like Diaz a little more,
"Don't believe everything you see on tv, its all part of the show"
Or something along those lines, good stuff.

He seems to be maturing a lot, and his skills are definitely improved.

bj44
06-07-2009, 11:16 PM
I like how Diaz called out smiths whole camp lol dude has balls

logrus
06-07-2009, 11:34 PM

That's Diaz though, it's not an act, what you see is what you get. Has been and always will and really I don't think he would ever change it. To be honest I wouldn't want to see him change either.

When I listen to Diaz and watch Diaz fight I think he's just selling himself. He calls out the camps, he calls out the guys he's fighting calls out the guys he beats. He is definitely keeping himself in the fight game cause everyone wants to fight him lol.

logrus
06-07-2009, 11:36 PM
I honestly think AA's downfall was straining strictly at a boxing gym.
He left the UFC on a 3 fight win streak,
and he also got a win in Afflicion, but went to Freddie Roach for Fedor,
and stayed there. I don't get it...

Didn't Diego train boxing with Dela hoya for awhile and his wins started to turn into loses?

J.B.
06-08-2009, 06:57 AM

It has nothing to do with that. Boxing is a huge part of MMA, and everybody knows it. The problem is not that they are training in Boxing, it's that they actually think they are on the same level as pro-boxers.

atomdanger
06-08-2009, 07:24 AM
It has nothing to do with that. Boxing is a huge part of MMA, and everybody knows it. The problem is not that they are training in Boxing, it's that they actually think they are on the same level as pro-boxers.

You're right and wrong.
Boxing is a part of mma, but boxing in boxing and boxing in mma are COMPLETELY different games.

When you box in mma you can't stand like you do when you box in boxing,
you can't block like you do when you're boxing, etc...

You're right though, for a minute there AA was thinking of getting a boxing HW title shot,
and he had never had a boxing match.

I just think its stupid to train only at a pro boxing gym.

bj44
06-08-2009, 07:28 AM
You're right and wrong.
Boxing is a part of mma, but boxing in boxing and boxing in mma are COMPLETELY different games.

You're right though, for a minute there AA was thinking of getting a boxing HW title shot,

agreed a pro boxer would get his front leg destroyed by leg kicks if he tryed to stand like that in mma

J.B.
06-08-2009, 08:00 AM
You're right and wrong.

How am I wrong? I never said that training in ONLY boxing would help or hurt you in pro-MMA. Really, I think it's up to each fighter to focus on what works best for them.

Actually, boxing in MMA is not that much different from regular boxing. Of course, in MMA there are more aspects to worry about, but when it comes to the stand-up game, you still need the fundamentals of boxing in order to be successful. I guess I don't really follow what you are trying to say about stance, because be it boxing or MMA, fighters still have similar stances. Keeping that type of stance on your feet is essential to ensure maximum punching accuracy and power. Not to mention, proper footing can mean the difference between taking a hard shot and bouncing back, or ending up on your ass.

I agree with what you are saying though, these are two different sports, and in MMA today you do need to be well rounded. However it don't mean a guy can't be successful with only one main focus when it comes to training, it's just rare.

County Mike
06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Nick Diaz: "I don't like to talk bad about people I don't know, but I know those guys."

That line cracked me up.

Miss Foxy
06-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Well all I can say is I knew he would win...:wink: Diaz that is...

Miss Foxy
06-08-2009, 02:41 PM
How am I wrong? I never said that training in ONLY boxing would help or hurt you in pro-MMA. Really, I think it's up to each fighter to focus on what works best for them.

Actually, boxing in MMA is not that much different from regular boxing. Of course, in MMA there are more aspects to worry about, but when it comes to the stand-up game, you still need the fundamentals of boxing in order to be successful. I guess I don't really follow what you are trying to say about stance, because be it boxing or MMA, fighters still have similar stances. Keeping that type of stance on your feet is essential to ensure maximum punching accuracy and power. Not to mention, proper footing can mean the difference between taking a hard shot and bouncing back, or ending up on your ass.

I agree with what you are saying though, these are two different sports, and in MMA today you do need to be well rounded. However it don't mean a guy can't be successful with only one main focus when it comes to training, it's just rare.
Agreed.. Uggg the mma vs boxing stupid comments make me irritated!!:angry:

County Mike
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Diaz has a crazy boxing style. He's still ugly as sin though.

CAVEMAN
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM

When was the last fight AA was actually on the ground? AA has become a boxer with a glass chin! :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
He was on the ground when he fought Fedor :unsure-1:

When was the last fight AA was actually on the ground? AA has become a boxer with a glass chin! :laugh:

Llamafighter
06-08-2009, 03:20 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CAVEMAN
06-08-2009, 06:00 PM

That's for sure!:laugh:

Neezar
06-09-2009, 04:48 AM
I like how Diaz called out smiths whole camp lol dude has balls

He flat out said that Smith's camp sold him out to them. Crazy stuff. How is Smith ever going to trust them again?

Nick Diaz: "I don't like to talk bad about people I don't know, but I know those guys."

That line cracked me up.

I know. That was funny.

Hughes_GOAT
06-09-2009, 05:45 AM
Diaz owns all **** talkers!

Llamafighter
06-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Diaz owns all **** talkers!

That's true!

Neezar
06-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Diaz has an interview on Sherdog. At the end he starts talking about the sport and when asked if he loved the sport among other comments he said, "Ask Scott Smith how much he loves this sport after they tried to bring his kids into the mix. Cause I didn't say shyte about his kids, ya know." (from memory here, may not be exact.)

Anyway, that is very telling. I think it's crap that they are fabricating shyte-talk when the fighters won't do it. Especially when they are dragging the families into it. :angry:

Interview:
http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Diaz-Reflects-on-Smith-Bout-2008

Oh, and Diaz says if he gets his teeth knocked out then he wants it to be by someone like Anderson Silva. :laugh:

Llamafighter
06-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Diaz has an interview on Sherdog. At the end he starts talking about the sport and when asked if he loved the sport among other comments he said, "Ask Scott Smith how much he loves this sport after they tried to bring his kids into the mix. Cause I didn't say shyte about his kids, ya know." (from memory here, may not be exact.)

Anyway, that is very telling. I think it's crap that they are fabricating shyte-talk when the fighters won't do it. Especially when they are dragging the families into it. :angry:

Interview:

Oh, and Diaz says if he gets his teeth knocked out then he wants it to be by someone like Anderson Silva. :laugh:

That fight is starting to look better and better.

Miss Foxy
06-09-2009, 06:57 PM

Interview:

I freakin love me some Nick!! The only thing I ever heard him say about Scoot Smiths kids was that he felt bad, because the kids will be there and he didnt want to look like a bad guy beating up they're dad.. Just another reason for people to hate on him, but oh well!! :rolleyes:

Neezar
06-10-2009, 01:12 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/neezar086/1aDiazweighin.jpg

:laugh:

Neezar
06-10-2009, 01:13 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/neezar086/1aBaroni.jpg

:cool:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/neezar086/1aRandleman.jpg

:w00t: