PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Fedor & UFC talk...

CBCS
06-06-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm going to get on my soapbox for a minute. I enjoy going to MMA website's and forums to see whats going on. I'm so tired of people saying "if Fedor doesn't come to UFC he shoud retire." Why would he want to do this? He is the most sought after fighter in the world. It's not like he's not working. He is making good money on HIS terms. This would be like saying Lebron James should retire if he doesn't sign with the Knicks. What since would that make?

Why does everyone think he would also fight at HW? Couldn't he fought at LHW?(I think he only ways 230) This makes him even more valuable. I love the UFC. BUT...I respect Fedor for having standards and wanting things HIS WAY. He know's what he's worth. He's not rolling over and playing dead for Dana.

medic92
06-06-2009, 02:06 AM
It's simple. The UFC is where the elite of the elite fight.

Would you consider a quarterback who set all his records in the Canadian Football League as one of the best ever, or would you wonder if he could have done the same in the NFL? It's the same concept.

I have no doubt Fedor is one of the best heavyweights to ever step into an MMA arena, but unless and until he steps into the Octagon and faces the best that can be put in with him, people will always wonder.

As far as his fighting at heavyweight or light heavyweight, why drop down when he's dominated the heavyweight division?

Think about this. Mirko CroCop took Fedor to a decision in Pride. When CroCop came to the UFC, he beat an overmatched Sanchez, then got knocked out by Gabriel Gonzaga and then got beat by Cheick Kongo. At the time, none of those guys were exactly top-tier heavyweights but CroCop had serious difficulties dealing with them. The level of competition is just higher.

Krupp
06-06-2009, 03:43 AM
Fedor will never come to the UFC. The sooner all mma fans get used to that the better.

MattHughesRocks
06-06-2009, 04:09 AM
Never say never.The UFC have some deeeeep pockets.

atomdanger
06-06-2009, 04:37 AM

Would you consider a quarterback who set all his records in the Canadian Football League as one of the best ever, or would you wonder if he could have done the same in the NFL? It's the same concept.

I have no doubt Fedor is one of the best heavyweights to ever step into an MMA arena, but unless and until he steps into the Octagon and faces the best that can be put in with him, people will always wonder.

Wrong.
This is an individual sport, don't compare to team sports.
Also, the lite of the elite do NOT fight in the HW division,
the HW division in MMA is spread out fairly well.

Who is ELITE that you would like to see Fedor fight?
Mir? Lesnar?

Come on...........

atomdanger
06-06-2009, 04:39 AM
Think about this. Mirko CroCop took Fedor to a decision in Pride. When CroCop came to the UFC, he beat an overmatched Sanchez, then got knocked out by Gabriel Gonzaga and then got beat by Cheick Kongo. At the time, none of those guys were exactly top-tier heavyweights but CroCop had serious difficulties dealing with them. The level of competition is just higher.

1. MMA math doesn't work

2. The Cro Cop who fought in the UFC wasn't the one who fought Fedor in Pride.
Anybody who watches MMA on a scale beyond the UFC knows that.

3. Fedor has beaten AA, and Tim Sylvia, both in the first round,
they were both recently UFC Champions at HW. He has also beaten Nog,
and will soon beat Barnett. Also both former UFC Champions, and Barnett never lost his belt.

So, at HW, the level of competition isn't higher.
Most people rank Barnett well above any UFC HW, at number 2 or 3.

CBCS
06-06-2009, 05:12 PM
So HW's he has fought in Affliction, Pride and other org. aren't "elite"? I may have to look at his resume again, but I'm rather sure he has beat some of the best in the world. And he wasn't in the UFC.

I think Atom understand's where I'm coming from.

atomdanger
06-06-2009, 08:06 PM
So HW's he has fought in Affliction, Pride and other org. aren't "elite"? I may have to look at his resume again, but I'm rather sure he has beat some of the best in the world. And he wasn't in the UFC.

I think Atom understand's where I'm coming from.

Exactly.

Nobody can name a HW with as many top 10 wins as Fedor,
and nobody can do it as impressively.

bj44
06-06-2009, 10:18 PM
3 of the top 5 hw's arlovski, fedor, and barnett arnt even in the ufc

hard to consider the ufc hw divison= the the nfl when thats the case lol

logrus
06-06-2009, 11:19 PM
I am sick of the Fedor talks already, he ain't coming to the UFC cause Dana is a douche bag.

Mir HA, Lesner HA, Kongo HA, Randy HA, Nog HA, Cro Cop

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. We don't have a worthy challenger for him thats for sure.

Spiritwalker
06-07-2009, 12:32 AM
I don't know that Randy could beat Fedor, but it would be a good fight to watch.. I would like to see Mir and Fedor in a grappling match

CBCS
06-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Fedor would crush Randy. Fedor's ground game is out of control. I can't think of any HW's of the top of my head that would really challange him.

StizzoFoShizzo
06-07-2009, 05:22 PM

As far as his fighting at heavyweight or light heavyweight, why drop down when he's dominated the heavyweight division?

Hey hey hey the QB with the most passing yards in the history of pro football is Damon Allen of the CFL LOL. GO RIDERS !!!!!!!

J.B.
06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Hey hey hey the QB with the most passing yards in the history of pro football is Damon Allen of the CFL LOL. GO RIDERS !!!!!!!

Oh my... my, my, my... :laugh:

You need to head over to the sports section so we can talk some pigskin! :tongue0011:

J.B.
06-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Fedor would crush Randy. Fedor's ground game is out of control. I can't think of any HW's of the top of my head that would really challange him.

I agree.

While I like and respect Randy for what he HAS done for the sport, I do think he tends to be a bit over-rated by the general fight community. Now, before I get whipped with bamboo shoots for saying that, please understand that I am not trying to take ANYTHING away from what Couture has done, just saying that I think fans tend to give him more credit that he may deserve.

I do consider Randy to be one of the most intelligent fighters to ever grace the cage, but I think that, in the fight game, timing is everything. A lot of times Randy has ended up on the short-end of the stick as far the right match for the right time goes. Any long time Boxing fans should understand that logic. Actually, everybody should understand that logic. Still, he did come back and school Tim Sylvia, but really that's not saying a whole lot because Tim has just never been on the same level of talent as a guy like Randy. Sorry Timmy. :cry:

I think that if Randy were to fight Fedor now, or even two years ago, it would be another one of those cases of wrong place/wrong time for The Natural. The hype machine made it seem big, but really Fedor would probably beat Randy down. Although, I do agree on at least ONE thing with Joe Rogan, and that is "you can never count out Randy Couture". The dude is smart, but I just think he is too old. Sorry Randy :cry:

CBCS
06-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I agree.

While I like and respect Randy for what he HAS done for the sport, I do think he tends to be a bit over-rated by the general fight community. Now, before I get whipped with bamboo shoots for saying that, please understand that I am not trying to take ANYTHING away from what Couture has done, just saying that I think fans tend to give him more credit that he may deserve.

I do consider Randy to be one of the most intelligent fighters to ever grace the cage, but I think that, in the fight game, timing is everything. A lot of times Randy has ended up on the short-end of the stick as far the right match for the right time goes. Any long time Boxing fans should understand that logic. Actually, everybody should understand that logic. Still, he did come back and school Tim Sylvia, but really that's not saying a whole lot because Tim has just never been on the same level of talent as a guy like Randy. Sorry Timmy. :cry:

I think that if Randy were to fight Fedor now, or even two years ago, it would be another one of those cases of wrong place/wrong time for The Natural. The hype machine made it seem big, but really Fedor would probably beat Randy down. Although, I do agree on at least ONE thing with Joe Rogan, and that is "you can never count out Randy Couture". The dude is smart, but I just think he is too old. Sorry Randy :cry:

Very well said JB..I agree 100%

Hughes_GOAT
06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
and Fedor had a broken hand in the CC fight.

Miss Foxy
06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Exactly then I would be ROFL...:jumping0044: .....

Hughes_GOAT
06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Fedor would beat all of the UFC's Top 5 HW's in the same night.

Tyburn
06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
if Dana will go as far as bringing Kimbo Slice into TUF and thereby possibly the UFC...Fedor might be best NOT to come to the UFC afterall :unsure-1:

Miss Foxy
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM
if Dana will go as far as bringing Kimbo Slice into TUF and thereby possibly the UFC...Fedor might be best NOT to come to the UFC afterall :unsure-1:
Why would that be? I hope I hope your not getting at thinking Kimbo would actually last past round 1 with Fedor are you??:laugh:

Crisco
06-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Kimbo is excellent tuf quality.

It will be make for good viewing and Dana is not billing him as a main event fighter.

Cut the hate.

Miss Foxy
06-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Kimbo is excellent tuf quality.

It will be make for good viewing and Dana is not billing him as a main event fighter.

Cut the hate.
Who's hating? Im just being realistic..

Hughes_GOAT
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
i'm glad they signed Kimbo to TUF! will make for excellent drama!

Tyburn
06-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Why would that be? I hope I hope your not getting at thinking Kimbo would actually last past round 1 with Fedor are you??:laugh:
No. I'm saying that Dana White stands to either make TUF the next Gem...or more likely he's about to sink that ship once and for all.

Fedor has Standards. :ninja: Lets wait to see if the UFC deserves him or not. I for one am NOT convinced by Kimbo Slice:unsure:

Crisco
06-08-2009, 09:12 PM
No. I'm saying that Dana White stands to either make TUF the next Gem...or more likely he's about to sink that ship once and for all.

Fedor has Standards. :ninja: Lets wait to see if the UFC deserves him or not. I for one am NOT convinced by Kimbo Slice:unsure:

So your basing Fedor coming to the UFC upon who Dana white lets compete on his reality show that no one considers the winners to be contenders?

Tyburn
06-08-2009, 09:16 PM
So your basing Fedor coming to the UFC upon who Dana white lets compete on his reality show that no one considers the winners to be contenders?
No.

I am saying that if TUF goes any more sour, it will start to directly effect the integrity of the Institution.

I'm saying He might not want to work for what might soon become a laughing stock.

I was trying to put it nicely.

Crisco
06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
No.

I am saying that if TUF goes any more sour, it will start to directly effect the integrity of the Institution.

I'm saying He might not want to work for what might soon become a laughing stock.

I was trying to put it nicely.

That is a bold statement Dave.

TUF could never make the UFC a laughing stock and if it did it wouldn't be anytime soon. The talent pool is too deep.

I thought this season of tuff was actually really good and the guys all worked hard. There was minimal bull**** and the fights are really good so far.

This season is much bette then last season. HUGE improvement.

Tyburn
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
That is a bold statement Dave.

TUF could never make the UFC a laughing stock and if it did it wouldn't be anytime soon. The talent pool is too deep.

I thought this season of tuff was actually really good and the guys all worked hard. There was minimal bull**** and the fights are really good so far.

This season is much bette then last season. HUGE improvement.
This season hasnt really shown off that deep tallent pool has it crisco. Yes, there is finally less "drama" but how does putting Kimbo Slice into TUF create anything more then a freak show out of the thing which helpped the UFC on its most recent push towards mainstream sport??

Its been recycled so much not even the noobs are watching it half as much, and there is little point when you ban people who might have been good, but give every one who competes a contract at the end.

When you start to recycle, by using former contestants as coaches...I just think its had its day.