PDA

View Full Version : BJ's a QUITTER!

rockdawg21
02-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Just wanted to point out the irony. For months, BJ's been talking about George being a quitter, yet, BJ quit last night with 1 round left. Granted, I can't say that I blame him, but George made him eat his own words last night. Blame it on his corner, his brother, etc. all you want, the fact is...

It's official, BJ's a quitter! :hissyfit::whip:

Jonlion
02-01-2009, 01:50 PM
He was no quitter, he was just beat.

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 01:59 PM
He was no quitter, he was just beat.

His team sure quit on him...

speaks to me in volumes... after all his posturing about GSP tapping...

kevint13
02-01-2009, 02:03 PM
To me it is the same as GSP 'quitting' against Serra. They knew they were beat, why continue where they could get hurt worse? It is the smart thing to do, live to fight another day.

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 02:47 PM
To me it is the same as GSP 'quitting' against Serra. They knew they were beat, why continue where they could get hurt worse? It is the smart thing to do, live to fight another day.

Agreed.. but the point is that Baby Jay made such a HUGE deal of it...

poor baby jay.. team should have let him keep on getting that beating I guess.. per his words...

warriorlion
02-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I think BJ said 'if you tap out to strikes your a b!#ch'.

SO quiting on your stool makes you......

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 04:03 PM

:funny:
:sign0081:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Well, someone needed to "quit" for him. He needed it to stop as he wasn't getting anywhere but hurt.He just shouldn't have run his mouth off so bad before the fight.It just makes it more sweeter for GSP ( and me :laugh: )

Now that I think about it, it also shows his immaturity. He talks now the same as he did 3 years ago. Unlike GSP who is not only a better fighter each time but in the way he acts and speaks. Like I've said before, he's a man now :)

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 04:12 PM
I think I already covered this thread at 1:30 this morning in the other thread

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 04:14 PM

O_O I think I got the answer ....... A Huge B!#ch with man boobs and a big mouth

Irish Pride
02-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Eh, just because BJ might have disrespected GSP doesn't mean we should disrespect BJ, or GSP for that matter.

It was a good fight. I wasn't really rooting more for either of them because I like both fighters. I'm glad the matched was stopped. BJ did look out of it. I wish him all the best in the LW division.

bradwright
02-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Just wanted to point out the irony. For months, BJ's been talking about George being a quitter, yet, BJ quit last night with 1 round left. Granted, I can't say that I blame him, but George made him eat his own words last night. Blame it on his corner, his brother, etc. all you want, the fact is...

It's official, BJ's a quitter! :hissyfit::whip:

now now,,we all know BJs no quitter,,case in point,,after taking one of the more ,,lets say ,,BEATINGS OF HIS LIFE,,he still cant seem to get his mouth to quit running excuse,,so no BJ is no quitter and i'm not sure how anybody could see it any other way really,,
and as far as the fight went i actually watched in between rounds when his brother asked him if he wanted to go on and BJ just stood there hanging onto the fence with his head down,,thats when BJs brother turned to the doctor and said thats it while motioning with his hand by his neck ,,
if he didn't throw in the towel so to speak yes BJ would have went back out there and GSP would have pounded on him for another 5 minutes,
so all you BJ fans can hold your heads high because no matter what anybody says BJ would have never quit he would have went back out there laid down on the mat and let GSP pound on him some more,,its to bad really,,because i for one would have liked to have seen that,,

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:01 PM
he would have went back out there laid down on the mat and let GSP pound on him some more,,its to bad really,,because i for one would have liked to have seen that,,

ROFLOL I would to than tapping to strikes with 5 seconds left

rockdawg21
02-01-2009, 05:46 PM
now now,,we all know BJs no quitter,,case in point,,after taking one of the more ,,lets say ,,BEATINGS OF HIS LIFE,,he still cant seem to get his mouth to quit running excuse,,so no BJ is no quitter and i'm not sure how anybody could see it any other way really,,
and as far as the fight went i actually watched in between rounds when his brother asked him if he wanted to go on and BJ just stood there hanging onto the fence with his head down,,thats when BJs brother turned to the doctor and said thats it while motioning with his hand by his neck ,,
if he didn't throw in the towel so to speak yes BJ would have went back out there and GSP would have pounded on him for another 5 minutes,
so all you BJ fans can hold your heads high because no matter what anybody says BJ would have never quit he would have went back out there laid down on the mat and let GSP pound on him some more,,its to bad really,,because i for one would have liked to have seen that,,
Well, he didn't tell his brother NOT to stop the fight. That's the same as quitting.

Honestly, I wouldn't care but he's the one who said, "If you tap out from strikes, you're a little bitch." Like warriorlion said:

If BJ hadn't of opened his mouth, I wouldn't say anything about him quitting, but he opened the can of worms by mouthing off. Karma's a bad bad thing!

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 05:56 PM
i guess he couldn't live up to his words .... and the BJ fans who say that he didn't quit, get real .. he was asked repeatedly if he wanted to continue and he didn't answer and just slumped over ... that is quitting .. had he said, i want this, i am continuing, they would have let him go .... be real

warriorlion
02-01-2009, 06:09 PM
bj took a beating and accepted defeat like a man and quit thats all ther is to it. I would not have had an issue with it had he not been running his mouth about how GSP quit and that he never would, and then goes on to say how he is a warrior and that he is going out there to literally kill GSP and that he would not stop til he is dead.

Well I saw BJ still standing at the announcement, that was not dead, hopefully next time he will keep his mouth shut.

Hughes_GOAT
02-01-2009, 06:54 PM
did BJ quit or did his corner throw the towel in?

bj44
02-01-2009, 06:58 PM
i guess he couldn't live up to his words .... and the BJ fans who say that he didn't quit, get real .. he was asked repeatedly if he wanted to continue and he didn't answer and just slumped over ... that is quitting .. had he said, i want this, i am continuing, they would have let him go .... be real
agreed bj was done, he didnt want to fight anymore!!!

Blade
02-01-2009, 08:31 PM
BJ Penn didn't quit, lame thread and lame opinions. End of.

bradwright
02-01-2009, 08:35 PM
BJ Penn didn't quit, lame thread and lame opinions. End of.
lol,,guess you didn't watch the fight either,

Jonlion
02-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Some of you are being ridicalous in your vendetta against BJ Penn.

You talk about him like his a chump and a coward but he fought with ann awesome athelete and was beaten, beaten hard.

He couldn't fight no more, he had nothing left because Georges had pummelled him but i believe BJ would of continued to take that punishment until he was out.

I think to say he quit, is twisting it hugely. Its like saying to a fighter who got knocked out, his a quiter. the fact is BJ had nothing left to fight, he was beat, he didnt quit whilst having more to give. I didnt see him tap when put into a bad posistion.

That being said i dont think badly of GSP for when he did tap from strikes, it doesnt bother me but look as you are all testimony to BJ has this thrown back at him, perhaps with some justification but i think some have taken it too seriously.

People are saying this is what he deserves for running his mouth, to me it was far from constant, he made odd, sporadic comments and ultimately spoke of respect. So i think its harsh to paint BJ as a Tito, Serra character.

Sure, make him eat his words but to be literally ramming it back down with such emotion to me i find to strong

rockdawg21
02-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm not talking about BJ like he's a chump. I have respect for the guy's talent, but his attitude sucks.

He was blabbing on that he was going to keep going and going until he's dead, GSP is a quitter and tapping out from strikes makes you a little bitch. Well, BJ did NOT keep going until he was dead, and he quit in between rounds.

If he hadn't of been mouthing off before the fight, nobody would think any differently of him quitting.

kevint13
02-01-2009, 08:55 PM
People are saying this is what he deserves for running his mouth, to me it was far from constant, he made odd, sporadic comments and ultimately spoke of respect. So i think its harsh to paint BJ as a Tito, Serra character.

'To the death, Georges'....wasn't that the comment? That's not Tito like? :laugh:

I'm kidding...I think BJ's corner made a good decision with stopping the fight.

Max
02-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm not talking about BJ like he's a chump. I have respect for the guy's talent, but his attitude sucks.

He was blabbing on that he was going to keep going and going until he's dead, GSP is a quitter and tapping out from strikes makes you a little bitch. Well, BJ did NOT keep going until he was dead, and he quit in between rounds.

If he hadn't of been mouthing off before the fight, nobody would think any differently of him quitting.
BJ never quit, the doc and his brother made the decision to stop the fight not BJ.

bradwright
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM

You talk about him like his a chump and a coward but he fought with ann awesome athelete and was beaten, beaten hard.

He couldn't fight no more, he had nothing left because Georges had pummelled him but i believe BJ would of continued to take that punishment until he was out.

I think to say he quit, is twisting it hugely. Its like saying to a fighter who got knocked out, his a quiter. the fact is BJ had nothing left to fight, he was beat, he didnt quit whilst having more to give. I didnt see him tap when put into a bad posistion.

That being said i dont think badly of GSP for when he did tap from strikes, it doesnt bother me but look as you are all testimony to BJ has this thrown back at him, perhaps with some justification but i think some have taken it too seriously.

Sure, make him eat his words but to be literally ramming it back down with such emotion to me i find to strong

well jonlion he said GSP was a pussy for tapping 2 strikes and he would never do that,,
to tell you the truth he wanted to quit after the 2nd round and after the fourth round when his brother kept on asking if he wanted to go on he didn't say anything,,if he really wanted to go out for the 5th round he would have said so but he didn't because he wanted to quit,,he knew if he went back out he was going to get the crap really kicked out of him so he said nothing when his brother asked him repeatedly if he wanted to quit,,he knew if he said nothing and just kept hanging onto the fence with his head down his brother would have the fight stopped and no one could say he quit,but when the ref said the fight was stopped after the 4th round you didn't see BJ complaining about,,he just sat down on his stool and kept his mouth shut.

thats why we are hard on him.

F34R
02-01-2009, 09:06 PM
What a trolling topic if there ever was one on the internet. Seriously. The guy lost. Whoopty do. People on here talk about the immature, or how bad his attitude sucks, and their posts here show that they aren't any better as far as a maturity level, or their attitude.

rockdawg21
02-01-2009, 09:16 PM
What a trolling topic if there ever was one on the internet. Seriously. The guy lost. Whoopty do. People on here talk about the immature, or how bad his attitude sucks, and their posts here show that they aren't any better as far as a maturity level, or their attitude.
Nah, if I was trolling, I would have registered at bjpenn.com and started the thread there. :rotfl:

F34R
02-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Nah, if I was trolling, I would have registered at bjpenn.com and started the thread there. :rotfl:

Doesn't matter where you register and post this crap. It's trolling and flame bait regardless. Posted for the sole reason to get a rise out of the bj fans on this site. Period.

There needs to be a certain element of moderation which has mostly become absent from this site.

rockdawg21
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Doesn't matter where you register and post this crap. It's trolling and flame bait regardless. Posted for the sole reason to get a rise out of the bj fans on this site. Period.

There needs to be a certain element of moderation which has mostly become absent from this site.
:funny: From your response, if that's what I was really trying to do. I'd say it worked!

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 09:33 PM
:funny: From your response, if that's what I was really trying to do. I'd say it worked!

(if only one of us could go onto bjpenn.com and send him the message of number one fans right here . than add a linky to this thread . than sit back and watch the fire works fly)

this would be being a troll

F34R
02-01-2009, 09:45 PM

Nah.. lol I have a lot thicker skin than that. I just think it is really ironic that the thing most people here act just like that of which they complain. I'm just not really sure why this type of behavior is accepted more now than before.

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 09:50 PM

Careful what you ask for.

rockdawg21
02-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Nah.. lol I have a lot thicker skin than that. I just think it is really ironic that the thing most people here act just like that of which they complain. I'm just not really sure why this type of behavior is accepted more now than before.
lol, you're no fun :bawling:

warriorlion
02-01-2009, 09:54 PM
as if the BJ fans would not have been going on about how great BJ was if he had not had his face pounded for 4 rounds.

in fact I think there were already people going on about how it would have made him the best p4p fighter by winning

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 10:01 PM

It's nothing he didn't bring on himself..

Didn't look to me that GSP was trying that hard.. Baby Jay was just outclassed

Well since his OWN BROTHER.... said Baby Jay couldn't take it any more.. I guess we will never know.. I mean it's not like Baby Jay said to his brother "Ahh hell no!!! I ain't going out like that.." He just ... well.. kinda sat there... and did nothing...

I think to say he quit, is twisting it hugely. Its like saying to a fighter who got knocked out, his a quiter. the fact is BJ had nothing left to fight, he was beat,

no.. completely different.. a KO.. when your trying to win.. no shame in that.. I don't even think tapping to strikes or a sub is bad.. to have so much pride that you wouldn't..even though your head is being handed to you .. shows your real value..

he didnt quit whilst having more to give. I didnt see him tap when put into a bad posistion.

It's kind hard to tap physically when your in a crucifix.. and really tough to verbally submit when you are being force fed Canadian bacon on the end of fists...

what?? I don't understand...

That GSP tapped due to strikes was just showing that he was beaten.. Nothing more.. nothing less.. It's Baby Jay that had the huge problem with it..

Spoke of respect after he had his bother toss in the towel..

$10.00 says he will be talking smack in the next week...

Maybe Baby Jay will think twice before speaking so harshly, however oddly and sporadic, in the future.

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I like you. I dont remember you from before the Server Switich, but you seem to have some sense :)

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Excuse you. :angry:

But thats no way to talk about Moderators that work VERY hard on this Forum.

Crisco
02-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Fear your a grown up. You don't need the mods to protect you from threads.

Jonlion
02-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Didn't look to me that GSP was trying that hard.. Baby Jay was just outclassed

Yes he was outclassed, out worked, out everything but thats not because BJ is gutless and useless, its because GSP was that good

Well since his OWN BROTHER.... said Baby Jay couldn't take it any more.. I guess we will never know.. I mean it's not like Baby Jay said to his brother "Ahh hell no!!! I ain't going out like that.." He just ... well.. kinda sat there... and did nothing...
Why because he had been beaten senseless, look at the blows he was taking, he was probably confused, dazed, tired beyond belief, he had no energy for anything other than to go out for another round to be beaten senseless. Credit to Bj for lasting that long, i dont think anyone can question his heart and balls[COLOR="red"]

no.. completely different.. a KO.. when your trying to win.. no shame in that.. I don't even think tapping to strikes or a sub is bad.. to have so much pride that you wouldn't..even though your head is being handed to you .. shows your real value..
[COLOR="red"]I dont think its bad either, but BJ only made breif reference to it on the programme, a brief one sentence, it wasnt constant or repeated other than on a show designed to get this stuff said

It's kind hard to tap physically when your in a crucifix.. and really tough to verbally submit when you are being force fed Canadian bacon on the end of fists...

what?? I don't understand...

That GSP tapped due to strikes was just showing that he was beaten.. Nothing more.. nothing less.. It's Baby Jay that had the huge problem with it..

Again, i dont see where BJ had a HUGE problem with it, he just said he thinks your a pussy to do it. He didnt make a huge issue out of it. And loook fair enough that pussy just beat him. However lets be honest by GSP's own admission the one that fought Serra that night was a less of a man who he was today, he was less dedicated, hsi mind wasnt right. His own admission

Spoke of respect after he had his bother toss in the towel..

$10.00 says he will be talking smack in the next week...

I am not 100% but i am sure at the pre interviews and it other ones, im sure BJ openly admitted respect for GSP and how much of a great fighter he was

Maybe Baby Jay will think twice before speaking so harshly, however oddly and sporadic, in the future.

No doubt of that!

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 10:50 PM

I'm a mod, not your mama. There's nothing in this thread at this point which requires moderation. I believe in letting people post their opinions and hash things out unless there is just a blatant disregard for the rules which everyone had to agree to prior to registering their account here. So what if someone wants to post something just to tick you or others off. If you get all hot and bothered over it and post back then you let them control you. You always have the option of skipping it and reading something you find pleasant.

~Amy

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm a mod, not your mama. There's nothing in this thread at this point which requires moderation. I believe in letting people post their opinions and hash things out unless there is just a blatant disregard for the rules which everyone had to agree to prior to registering their account here. So what if someone wants to post something just to tick you or others off. If you get all hot and bothered over it and post back then you let them control you. You always have the option of skipping it and reading something you find pleasant.

~Amy
WAR AMY :laugh:

rockdawg21
02-01-2009, 11:45 PM

~Amy
:sign0081:

http://www.keeptexasclean.com/Sign-front-1.jpg(RN) :D

Spiritwalker
02-02-2009, 12:11 AM

~Amy

The Texas Crazy Cutie wins by vicious GnP at 36 seconds of round 1~~~

WAR AMY!!!

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Look up honey this isn't BJPenn.com. No one is going to save him here.

Preach
02-02-2009, 02:43 AM
LAME:blink:

bradwright
02-02-2009, 02:48 AM
LAME:blink:
your saying BJ came up lame after the 4th is that why he quit?

rockdawg21
02-02-2009, 02:49 AM
your saying BJ came up lame after the 4th is that why he quit?
BJ was lame before the fight even started. :laugh:

Preach
02-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Nope but this thread sure is. But I guess if it makes you feel cool to start threads that get attention congrats Thread starter

Lame

F34R
02-02-2009, 02:54 AM
Trust me, I'm not hot and bothered, and no one here is controlling anything I have said, or will say, on these forums. I don't think BJ needs saving. I don't remember the rules being so lax before the switch, that was my reasoning for posting that part. I know it wouldn't be allowed if Matt were being disrespected like this, and it shouldn't be any different for any other fighter, be it BJ, GSP, etc. That's just my opinion though.

If the staff is all good with the way it is, I can play along too. Within the rules of course. ;)

Preach
02-02-2009, 02:57 AM
Trust me, I'm not hot and bothered, and no one here is controlling anything I have said, or will say, on these forums. I don't think BJ needs saving. I don't remember the rules being so lax before the switch, that was my reasoning for posting that part. I know it wouldn't be allowed if Matt were being disrespected like this, and it shouldn't be any different for any other fighter, be it BJ, GSP, etc. That's just my opinion though.

If the staff is all good with the way it is, I can play along too. Within the rules of course. ;)

Rules change so often around here it will make your head spin. So just say what you want when you want and hope they warn you before they ban you. But then again I have been banned before and was never warned oh well good luck:w00t:

que
02-02-2009, 03:00 AM
every great fighter has quit in his career before. hughes did against GSP, GSP did against serra, BJ did against GSP. GSP made the right decision by tapping because he knew he was beat and BJ's coach made the right decision by telling the ref to stop it because he knew BJ was beat. the list goes on. this thread is very hypocritical and alot of people need to grow up here.

F34R
02-02-2009, 03:00 AM
Well, I am not here THAT often these days, but I do visit at least once or twice a day during non-event weeks. I've been here long enough that it's getting easier to find the lines drawn, even when they are moved every now and again lol.

I'm cool with it... If all else fails, I'll thrown some Hughes gear on, and just shout at the monitor lmfao.

ufcfan2
02-02-2009, 03:04 AM
I don't know if I would call BJ a quitter,but the doc and his corner must of saw something to call fight. Why take a chance of getting seriously hurt if u don't have too. He just looked like crap the whole fight,and some of it was do to GSP,but some of it was something else(maybe the rumors of GSP oiling up was true :Whistle: )

Bj needs to stay at 155 but I understand the lust for more competition he just got nailed on this one...I still don't believe he trained right for this fight,and hes way to reliant on the hype on his skills. Theres always someone better at Jits/boxing etc...
He seriously needs to think about joining a legit camp that can push him and make him better. I know this sounds odd,but maybe he needs to take a page out of Karo's book and join Greg Jackson's camp.....along with GSP :) No shame in trying to better urself.

ufcfan2
02-02-2009, 03:11 AM
every great fighter has quit in his career before. hughes did against GSP, GSP did against serra, BJ did against GSP. GSP made the right decision by tapping because he knew he was beat and BJ's coach made the right decision by telling the ref to stop it because he knew BJ was beat. the list goes on. this thread is very hypocritical and alot of people need to grow up here.
Just gotta remember BJ bashing here is okay hes public enemy #1 on this site :)
Just gotta remember don't bash Matt or Nate will pull ur nose hairs out one by one or don't bash Pulver or Tyburn will reach thru the computer and put a hex on you:fighting0092:
O, and its definately okay to bash Matt Serra don't know who is more hated on this site him or BJ.

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 03:13 AM
if he were a quitter, he would have let GSP pound him out instead of fighting every second of every round he was out there. his big brother saw his flesh n blood getting wrecked and wanted to save him. that's a lot different than tapping early to an armbar without fighting it or tapping to strikes which BJ could have done (but didn't) and GSP did.

NateR
02-02-2009, 03:15 AM

Being that this is matt-hughes.com, we don't allow Matt Hughes bashing. People have been bashing BJ on here since the beginning, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 03:21 AM
I know if someone was holding me down endlessly beating my face in I'd tap like a mother ****er not even care about what a bunch of internet warriors thought about it :laugh:

TonyCap
02-02-2009, 03:26 AM
I don't think BJ prepared properly for this fight. They had a special on Spike TV, and they showed him really slacking. I wasn't surprised he lost.

rearnakedchoke
02-02-2009, 03:32 AM

nope he quit .. have it on dvr and they are asking bj if he wanted to go on and he didn't answer ... then they were saying bj come on, only one more round you have to go ... still no response .. he quit ... no shame in quitting to a better fighter

F34R
02-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Being that this is matt-hughes.com, we don't allow Matt Hughes bashing. People have been bashing BJ on here since the beginning, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Oh cmon Nate. I can picture you now lol. Rolling your eyes, looking up, whistling, whilst thinking, "Why F34R, whatever do you mean?". It's one thing for members to quote other fighters when they [fighters] talk trash about people. It's another thing to just blindly allow members here to throw insults about anyone on a whim. Especially about people that aren't here to defend themselves.

Obviously that is a more perfect world scenario, where people would treat others with respect, present or not. I have already conceded that this isn't that scenario. Do I like it? Not really. Can I still operate here within the rules, and my own set of moral values? Absolutely. Thanks for playing the, "Rattle F34R's Feathers". We haven't had a winner yet hehe.

I know if someone was holding me down endlessly beating my face in I'd tap like a mother ****er not even care about what a bunch of internet warriors thought about it :laugh:
The intro had me tapping already lol.

rockdawg21
02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Nope but this thread sure is. But I guess if it makes you feel cool to start threads that get attention congrats Thread starter

Lame
I didn't know people cared so much. If you didn't like the thread, then you could have simply not posted, ignored it, and went on with your merry way.

Preach
02-02-2009, 02:30 PM
I didn't know people cared so much. If you didn't like the thread, then you could have simply not posted, ignored it, and went on with your merry way.
I am sorry did I hurt your feelings:cry:

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Nice sig Ben :)

rockdawg21
02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
LOL, yes, I'm so upset, I just might...reply to your post. :laugh:

Preach
02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
:laugh: :unsure-1: LOL, yes, I'm so upset, I just might...reply to your post. :laugh:

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Rules change so often around here it will make your head spin. So just say what you want when you want and hope they warn you before they ban you. But then again I have been banned before and was never warned oh well good luck:w00t:
Bitter...much :laugh:

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Just gotta remember don't bash Matt or Nate will pull ur nose hairs out one by one or don't bash Pulver or Tyburn will reach thru the computer and put a hex on you:fighting0092:

:laugh: I'm glad someone has been paying attention

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Oh cmon Nate. I can picture you now lol. Rolling your eyes, looking up, whistling, whilst thinking, "Why F34R, whatever do you mean?". It's one thing for members to quote other fighters when they [fighters] talk trash about people. It's another thing to just blindly allow members here to throw insults about anyone on a whim. Especially about people that aren't here to defend themselves.

Obviously that is a more perfect world scenario, where people would treat others with respect, present or not. I have already conceded that this isn't that scenario. Do I like it? Not really. Can I still operate here within the rules, and my own set of moral values? Absolutely. Thanks for playing the, "Rattle F34R's Feathers". We haven't had a winner yet hehe.

The intro had me tapping already lol.

Well...when you become a Mod... :ninja:

:laugh:

Blade
02-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Still a lame thread, still mostly lame opinions, and seemingly getting lamer. BJ Penn can't fight at 170, and he can't beat a 190 lbs tub of Vaseline, but he didn't quit.

rockdawg21
02-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Still a lame thread, still mostly lame opinions, and seemingly getting lamer. BJ Penn can't fight at 170, and he can't beat a 190 lbs tub of Vaseline, but he didn't quit.
That's only because he didn't have the energy to tap. He let his brother do it for him. :rotfl:

Preach
02-02-2009, 04:00 PM
That's only because he didn't have the energy to tap. He let his brother do it for him. :rotfl:

Not funny

rockdawg21
02-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm just curious about something, so when Oscar De La Hoya didn't come off of his stool after round 8 with Manny Pacquaio last December and when Sonny Liston didn't come off of his stool after round 7 in May 1965 against Muhammad Ali (technically, he was "Cassius Clay" at that time), does that mean De La Hoya and Liston did NOT quit?

Throwing in the towel, not coming out to fight another round, etc. = quitting :tongue0011:

F34R
02-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Well...when you become a Mod... :ninja:

:laugh:

Lol. Good one. You guys wouldn't like that very much. I wouldn't want the job anyways. :tongue0011: :ashamed:

All this has really been fun discussing though.

Blade
02-02-2009, 04:06 PM
GSP tapped as soon as Hughes straightened his arm out, and was flapping like a seal when Serra hit him a couple of times on the mat. Penn on the otherhand never submitted when battered with 30 plus strikes to the head whilst in the Hughes crucfix, and never submitted when battered in the GSP crucifix and mount, both of which lasted several minutes. So go figure who is the quitter. GSP is French, they're always the first to raise the white flag, look at history, lol.

rockdawg21
02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
GSP tapped as soon as Hughes straightened his arm out, and was flapping like a seal when Serra hit him a couple of times on the mat. Penn on the otherhand never submitted when battered with 30 plus strikes to the head whilst in the Hughes crucfix, and never submitted when battered in the GSP crucifix and mount, both of which lasted several minutes. So go figure who is the quitter. GSP is French, they're always the first to raise the white flag, look at history, lol.
OUCH! LOL