PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!

Primadawn
02-01-2009, 01:16 PM
In honor of the missing Chuck!

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 01:51 PM
I miss Chuck. I don't think he's posted here since Nate got the new forums back up.

Chuck, where are yoooooouuuu! :unsure-1:

I bet he's been too busy getting ready for his big SUPERBOWL party! :frantics:

kevint13
02-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm on the fence for this game. Steelers are my second favorite team, but the story of the Cardinals being here is great too. I am happy for whomever wins. So I will just sit back and hopefully see a great game.

Good luck to both teams!

J.B.
02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.unirugs.com/images/Arizona%20Cardinals%201001%20-%20Spirit.jpg

rockdawg21
02-01-2009, 05:47 PM
War Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preach
02-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Steelers suck

lyndsey823
02-01-2009, 09:42 PM
i'm hoping the Steelers win. they beat my Chargers and everyone in my family loves them, so i'm pulling for them!

VCURamFan
02-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!!

Llamafighter
02-01-2009, 11:50 PM
I miss Chuck. I don't think he's posted here since Nate got the new forums back up.

Chuck, where are yoooooouuuu! :unsure-1:

I bet he's been too busy getting ready for his big SUPERBOWL party! :frantics:

He's been really busy but we should see him soon, I'm sure!

rockdawg21
02-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Halftime Update: Arizona -17, Pittsburgh - 3

WAR ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie
02-02-2009, 02:13 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, CHUCK!!! :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

Bonnie
02-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Sorry, J.B., your Cardinals gave it their best in the 4th.

It was an exciting 4th quarter! I wasn't invested in either team except for Chuck and J.B; but, I did want to see an exciting close finish and it was that! :)

J.B.
02-02-2009, 02:32 AM
The Steelers got it done, but that was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. Besides the other 10 bad calls I saw, the final play was definitely forward motion. The booth should have at least reviewed it. But alas, the Steelers win and the NFL makes more money.

Congrats to Pittsburgh.

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 02:48 AM
And for the very best part of the Super Bowl!
BRUUUUUUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TV8NObrEpk

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Cardinals were robbed, LOL.

VCURamFan
02-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Warner didn't have control of the ball when his hand started coming forward. He was pulling it back, got hit & the defender put his hand on the ball, then the arm came forward. Fumble, Steelers recover, Ring #6!!!

Great game, though, JB, it was a fantastic contest all 60min!!

matthughesfan21
02-02-2009, 03:31 AM
The Steelers got it done, but that was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. Besides the other 10 bad calls I saw, the final play was definitely forward motion. The booth should have at least reviewed it. But alas, the Steelers win and the NFL makes more money.

Congrats to Pittsburgh.I was rooting for the Cards, and I thought there were some questionable calls, but the fumble at the end was just that, a fumble...I thought they should have at least given it a look, but I don't think it would have been overturned, it looked to me as if he had an empty hand when his arm was coming forward...Being as I am not really a fan of either team, I would not have been disappointed whichever way it ended, but I am satisfied because it was a great game and fun to watch

internationalharvester
02-02-2009, 03:40 AM
WOOOOOOOOO HOT DAMN lol

J.B.
02-02-2009, 03:50 AM
Warner didn't have control of the ball when his hand started coming forward. He was pulling it back, got hit & the defender put his hand on the ball, then the arm came forward. Fumble, Steelers recover, Ring #6!!!

Great game, though, JB, it was a fantastic contest all 60min!!

I give mad credit to the Steelers, especially seeing how they manage to keep finding a way to win with such an inconsistent QB. That being said...

I'm not one who is too big on conspiracy theories, but that officiating STUNK! It's no secret that not a lot people actually like the Cardinals, and the NFL is set to make a lot more money in merchandise with the Steelers being the champs. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. :ninja:

I mean c'mon...some of those penalties against AZ were absolute GARBAGE, and I counted at least 2 or 3 times that they did not call Roughing the Passer on Pittsburgh when they should have.

As for the last "fumble". I strongly DISAGREE. I felt like Kurt had forward motion before the ball was knocked loose, and I watched it multiple times. Regardless, the bottom line is, they did not even bother to review it. They just said, NOPE... Steelers win. What a load of crap. This is the damn Super Bowl, they could have at least reviewed the play.

Santonio Holmes came through, I give him props, and AZ waited too long to spread the receivers out and try getting it to Larry Fitzgerald. Really though, Pittsburgh got lucky, 7 or 8 out of 10 times that pass to Holmes for the last TD is getting picked off. Amazing catch, good for him.

Primadawn
02-02-2009, 04:05 AM
I wouldn't have cared if they had reviewed that last play. Wouldn't have changed anything-wouldn't have been overturned.

And if you think the officiating was crap, it went both ways, friend. There was so much holding by the Cardinals that didn't get called--and then they got the safety on an absolute crap call...

Either way...STEELERS MAKE HISTORY!!! Wooohooo!

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 04:08 AM
I was hoping that the Steelers would lose. They were winning so I went to Walmart. I came back home and they were losing. Then they won the game in the last few minutes. I should've stayed at Walmart. :laugh:

~Amy

matthughesfan21
02-02-2009, 04:09 AM
I wouldn't have cared if they had reviewed that last play. Wouldn't have changed anything-wouldn't have been overturned.

And if you think the officiating was crap, it went both ways, friend. There was so much holding by the Cardinals that didn't get called--and then they got the safety on an absolute crap call...

that hold on the safety was completely justified

Max
02-02-2009, 04:18 AM
As for the last "fumble". I strongly DISAGREE. I felt like Kurt had forward motion before the ball was knocked loose, and I watched it multiple times. Regardless, the bottom line is, they did not even bother to review it. They just said, NOPE... Steelers win. What a load of crap. This is the damn Super Bowl, they could have at least reviewed the play.

head of officials said the booth reviewed the call and confirmed it was a fumble.

J.B.
02-02-2009, 04:55 AM

Of course you don't care if they review it, your team won...:laugh:
The point is, it's the Super Bowl, do it anyway. That was a close call, even if it was a fumble. Although I am still in denial.

The safety was legit, and it was basically the only real break we got.

I will admit, some of the holding calls against AZ were legit, but teams hold all the time and it goes uncalled, Pittsburgh does it too, that is nothing. But the personal foul calls were a bit ridiculous. Also the roughing the passer call against AZ was bogus considering they did the same thing to Warner about 3 or 4 times. There was no question that the calls fell on the side of Pittsburgh tonight, and a lot of them were bogus. That's how it goes sometimes. I take nothing away from Pittsburgh for what they have accomplished, but of course I would have liked to see it turn out different.

Oh yeah, CONGRATS CHUCK...wherever you are!

J.B.
02-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one who noticed...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Officiating-dictates-Super-Bowl-XLIII-to-unrevie?urn=nfl,138123

County Mike
02-02-2009, 11:14 AM
It was a fumble.

In live action, I thought his arm was moving forward but when they showed the slow motion replay, it was pretty clear that the ball was knocked loose before his arm went forward. Sorry, non-argument.

Preach
02-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Why the heck they run a slant with 18 seconds left I will never know. What about run fades to the corners. Or heck kick a field goal and go to half tied stupid

J.B.
02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Why the heck they run a slant with 18 seconds left I will never know. What about run fades to the corners. Or heck kick a field goal and go to half tied stupid

Agreed, that was a bad call.

Preach
02-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Agreed, that was a bad call.
Warner looked great

J.B.
02-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Warner looked great

Yeah, I mean considering that the Steerlers only allowed a team over 300 yards one other time this year and the Cardinals managed to come up with just over 400, I would say they all looked good.

Again credit to Satonio Holmes for making a great catch, but it was totally BOGUS that the refs did not give him a penalty for using the ball as a prop to celebrate after that touchdown. The one time the celebration penalty would have actually effected the game, and they don't call it...go figure.

Max
02-03-2009, 03:49 AM
Yeah, I mean considering that the Steerlers only allowed a team over 300 yards one other time this year and the Cardinals managed to come up with just over 400, I would say they all looked good.

Again credit to Satonio Holmes for making a great catch, but it was totally BOGUS that the refs did not give him a penalty for using the ball as a prop to celebrate after that touchdown. The one time the celebration penalty would have actually effected the game, and they don't call it...go figure.
it was also bogus that they game Harrison a penalty for taking off his helmet yet when Warner took his helmet off after the first fumble (the one that was overturned because it was a pass) they did not trow the flag. But hey thats how things go.

I would also like to point out that when Pittsburgh played the Titans one of the Titans players pulled out a towel and swung it around and no flag was called on that.

J.B.
02-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Harrison is a punk, and he should have been kicked out of the game. No respect for him. Throwing punches like he did was just uncalled for. :angry:

As for Kurt Warner taking his helmet off... FAIL. He took it off after the ref called the play a turnover and he was walking off the field. Yeah, he said something to the ref as he went past him, but so what? Not to mention, the play was overturned, so the officials got it wrong in the first place.

Also, the reference to the Steelers vs Tennessee is not really the same when you consider the magnitude of the game and specific moment in time. I agree that if there was unsportsmanlike conduct, from ANY player, a flag should be thrown. However, the Titans beat the Steelers 31-14 at the end of the regular season, a game the did not really matter too much for either team because they were already both going to the playoffs. This was the SUPER BOWL, and the last 30 seconds in a really close game to boot! That 15 yards on the kickoff could have made a HUGE difference.

I live for football, and believe me I know that there are PLENTY of games with poor officiating, and I realize that's just how it goes. However, the biggest problem with the fact that this happened is that now there will always be a question mark hanging over this game, and it just makes people skeptical of the officials and overall rules. I have heard people all over today saying they think it looks shady that the last two times the Steelers have won the Super Bowl there has been controversy over the refs. It just looks bad for the sport, no matter what two teams it is, but obviously it has me a bit more riled up because I happen to be a Cardinals fan.

Max
02-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Harrison is a punk, and he should have been kicked out of the game. No respect for him. Throwing punches like he did was just uncalled for. :angry:

As for Kurt Warner taking his helmet off... FAIL. He took it off after the ref called the play a turnover and he was walking off the field. Yeah, he said something to the ref as he went past him, but so what? Not to mention, the play was overturned, so the officials got it wrong in the first place.

Also, the reference to the Steelers vs Tennessee is not really the same when you consider the magnitude of the game and specific moment in time. I agree that if there was unsportsmanlike conduct, from ANY player, a flag should be thrown. However, the Titans beat the Steelers 31-14 at the end of the regular season, a game the did not really matter too much for either team because they were already both going to the playoffs. This was the SUPER BOWL, and the last 30 seconds in a really close game to boot! That 15 yards on the kickoff could have made a HUGE difference.

I live for football, and believe me I know that there are PLENTY of games with poor officiating, and I realize that's just how it goes. However, the biggest problem with the fact that this happened is that now there will always be a question mark hanging over this game, and it just makes people skeptical of the officials and overall rules. I have heard people all over today saying they think it looks shady that the last two times the Steelers have won the Super Bowl there has been controversy over the refs. It just looks bad for the sport, no matter what two teams it is, but obviously it has me a bit more riled up because I happen to be a Cardinals fan.
I like HArrison but I agree he should have been kicked out of the game. The thing with the Warner is not that different. Harrison got flagged for taking his helmet off after the play was over as well. Warner took his helmet off and went over and yelled to the ref that he was throwing the ball. He was still on the field of play (in the middle of the field). As for the touchdown, it was the last 30 sec of the game and if you throw a flag on that then the ref are really crossing the line IMO. Could it have been a flag, yes, but IMO it should not have been. As for the last superbowl. People bitch about the TD Ben scored but it was clear he was in if you look at the photos.

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
02-03-2009, 06:02 AM
Congrats to my favorite team and to the wonderful fans that support the most beloved teams!!! Took all the good luck jerseys and helmet with me to watched the game. My office has new Super Bowl items to be added :laugh: !!

Preach
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM

Yeah but then again look at how Harrison acted the whole freakin game. What a thug

KevinD
02-03-2009, 04:38 PM
......whats that? O ya, steelers win!!!!

It gets even sweeter when you here the whiners cry about officiating and defensive stars.

matthughesfan21
02-03-2009, 05:13 PM

that could be the reason a flag was not thrown, maybe they didn't want to influence the outcome of the biggest game of the year because of a touchdown celebration, Cards fans are angry because it wasn't called, but if it was and they scored, Steelers fans would be angry, and I don't think they want to cause controversy considering its already being called the ''No fun league".......I agree if its the rule, it should be called, but I think this was one of those ''let it play out" situations, given the magnitude of the game, emotions are running high

Preach
02-03-2009, 05:44 PM
......whats that? O ya, steelers win!!!!

It gets even sweeter when you here the whiners cry about officiating and defensive stars.

I can only whine about the play selection by the Arizona coaching staff

KevinD
02-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I just playin with ya Ben.

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
02-04-2009, 12:53 AM

I respect your Cardinal point. But I have a Steeler Point as well. This is all in good fun.
About Harrison. You and John Madden need to stop drinking the cool aid. He got a personal foul, 15 yards. Good call. If he deserved that. Play was still going on.Football is a tough sport. No punch. If there was he would of been thrown out. Dont hate the man do the fact he had the longest TD ever in a Super Bowl:Whistle: .
Also this game has no question mark over it. Cardinals are a great team and played well. Penlties will kill any team. Maybe thats why they finished 9-7. Penalties are part of the game. Like the 3 holding calls alone on Harrison. But if he didnt hold Warner. He would of not finished the game standing.
It was a great game . Ill leave it as that.

matthughesfan21
02-04-2009, 01:01 AM
I respect your Cardinal point. But I have a Steeler Point as well. This is all in good fun.
About Harrison. You and John Madden need to stop drinking the cool aid. He got a personal foul, 15 yards. Good call. If he deserved that. Play was still going on.Football is a tough sport. No punch. If there was he would of been thrown out.Dont hate the man do the fact he had the longest TD ever in a Super Bowl:Whistle: .
Also this game has no question mark over it. Cardinals are a great team and played well. Penlty's will kill any team. Maybe thats why they finished 9-7. Penalty's are part of the game. Like the 3 holding calls alone on Harrison. But if he didnt hold Warner. He would of not finished the game standing.
It was a great game . Ill leave it as that.
Harrison actually did throw a punch, to the body....

1:12, not a haymaker, but still a punch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
02-04-2009, 01:44 AM
Harrison actually did throw a punch, to the body....

1:12, not a haymaker, but still a punch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk
:blink: Your joking right. Those shots are giving every snap of every game. It was a open hand shove. That knocked a player on his butt. I guess he will think twice before going after someone knees. Most hated thing to do to a defensive lineman. Cutting is a no no and pisses the big voilent defender off:angry: . My only question was it after the play. It looks like there was action still going on down field. 15 yd's penalty was justified due to demeanor of hit.

Hughes_GOAT
02-04-2009, 02:23 AM
Harrison threw a punch at his wife....

J.B.
02-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Nobody is hating on Harrison for getting the TD, I even agreed that it was a TD unlike many Cardinals fans. Harrison WAS throwing punches, I have it on my DVR and have watched too many friggin times in the last two days. He is punk and should have gotten the boot.

Bottom line, you are not going to get any of the "Steeler nation" to admit any of their teams's shortcomings, or any of the ref's shortcomings either. Why? Because their team won. Plain and simple. Had it been the other way around, this thread would be latent with remarks from Steelers fans on how the officiating was BULLCRAP. Yes, and most Arizona fans would write it off and say so what, but I would not. I have agreed that a lot of the mistakes in this game were AZ's fault, and I agree on the holding calls against Gandy were legit. But the roughing the passer, the personal fouls on 3rd downs, the non-reviewing of plays, and missed calls against Pittsburgh is just TOO MUCH. If you guys don't wanna believe me, just look at the numbers. The Cards had over DOUBLE the penalties called against them, and it was a record amount of penalty yards for the Super Bowl.

This crap about not throwing a flag at the end of the game because he was celebrating is nothing more than BULL****. Screw that, if you are gonna have a rule, you better enforce it. ESPECIALLY in a game of this size. Saying you should NOT call it because it is the super bowl is just retarded. Thats like saying I'm not gonna let terrorists bomb our country unless it's on the 4th of July. How stupid does that sound?

Lastly, the Cards were not 9-7 because of penalties. In fact, in the regular season the Cards defense gave up 98 penalties for 816 yards, while the Steelers gave up 91 penalties for 801 yards, not a really big difference if you ask me. Of course penalties will kill any team, and most of those called on Sunday were bogus. Weather the Steeler nation believe it or not.

Oh yeah, Green Bay still has more titles... :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
02-04-2009, 04:02 AM
Nobody is hating on Harrison for getting the TD, I even agreed that it was a TD unlike many Cardinals fans. Harrison WAS throwing punches, I have it on my DVR and have watched too many friggin times in the last two days. He is punk and should have gotten the boot.

Bottom line, you are not going to get any of the "Steeler nation" to admit any of their teams's shortcomings, or any of the ref's shortcomings either. Why? Because their team won. Plain and simple. Had it been the other way around, this thread would be latent with remarks from Steelers fans on how the officiating was BULLCRAP. Yes, and most Arizona fans would write it off and say so what, but I would not. I have agreed that a lot of the mistakes in this game were AZ's fault, and I agree on the holding calls against Gandy were legit. But the roughing the passer, the personal fouls on 3rd downs, the non-reviewing of plays, and missed calls against Pittsburgh is just TOO MUCH. If you guys don't wanna believe me, just look at the numbers. The Cards had over DOUBLE the penalties called against them, and it was a record amount of penalty yards for the Super Bowl.

This crap about not throwing a flag at the end of the game because he was celebrating is nothing more than BULL****. Screw that, if you are gonna have a rule, you better enforce it. ESPECIALLY in a game of this size. Saying you should NOT call it because it is the super bowl is just retarded. Thats like saying I'm not gonna let terrorists bomb our country unless it's on the 4th of July. How stupid does that sound?

Lastly, the Cards were not 9-7 because of penalties. In fact, in the regular season the Cards defense gave up 98 penalties for 816 yards, while the Steelers gave up 91 penalties for 801 yards, not a really big difference if you ask me. Of course penalties will kill any team, and most of those called on Sunday were bogus. Weather the Steeler nation believe it or not.

lol, did you see the replay where Fitzgerald was running down to tackle him and Rolle popped out of the sideline and bumped Fitzgerald and cleaned him out of the play. he still almost got Harrison. we won't talk about all the clips on that play either.

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
02-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Steelers have the most SUPER BOWLS. Green Bay titles early were before the AFL joined. So no count as Super Bowls...........:tongue0011: . On that last review. I agree they should of went up stairs offically. Even they already reviewed the play and saw the fumble and noted not to call down to the field. I think you Cards fans had enough damn reviews.........Ben's TD, Harrison's return,Holmes TD...I forgot the other one. Help me out JB:frantics:. Steelers with none. I believe the most penaltized Super Bowl game was Panthers vs Patriots (heard it on Mike and Mike). Side Note: If the damn Steelers didnt try to run all the time in both 1st and goals the game would of been over before half but settled with FG. You guys gave us a run for our money for sure:scared: . Fitz tackle was illegal. Only if your forced out of bounce. Can you continue until you can get back to the field. You cant just run out of bounce all the way down the field and aviod blocks. Pass the cheerleaders.Pass the Gatorade. Pass the phones then come back and make the tackle LMAO. There is a rule some where..!!!:laugh: :blink:

J.B.
02-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Steelers have the most SUPER BOWLS. Green Bay titles early were before the AFL joined. So no count as Super Bowls...........:tongue0011: . On that last review. I agree they should of went up stairs offically. Even they already reviewed the play and saw the fumble and noted not to call down to the field. I think you Cards fans had enough damn reviews.........Ben's TD, Harrison's return,Holmes TD...I forgot the other one. Help me out JB:frantics:. Steelers with none. I believe the most penaltized Super Bowl game was Panthers vs Patriots (heard it on Mike and Mike). Side Note: If the damn Steelers didnt try to run all the time in both 1st and goals the game would of been over before half but settled with FG. You guys gave us a run for our money for sure:scared: . Fitz tackle was illegal. Only if your forced out of bounce. Can you continue until you can get back to the field. You cant just run out of bounce all the way down the field and aviod blocks. Pass the cheerleaders.Pass the Gatorade. Pass the phones then come back and make the tackle LMAO. There is a rule some where..!!!:laugh: :blink:

Nice try, but I said "titles" (i.e. championships). Super Bowl is just the commercialized tag that has been applied to the championship game. Green Bay has the most, deal with it. Pittsburgh fans cannot just rewrite history as they see fit, like liberals with schoolbooks.

I did not ever once say the crappy calls are the only reason AZ lost. They made mistakes too. I mean, Arizona WAS winning the game with only 2 minutes left, so obviously some things were right and some were wrong. However, for you to say that "the game would of been over" if Pittsburgh had done what you suggested is just without merit and utterly ridiculous. Unless of course, your name is somewhere on the list of people who are up for job as head coach or offensive coordinator somewhere around the NFL. :huh: There are things I would have done different if I were calling plays for the Cardinals, but I would not say I am for sure right, or that it would have sealed the game. Thats just silly.

As for how many reviews the Cardinals got...DEAL WITH IT. We got both our challenges RIGHT, and just because we had that many plays that needed to be reviewed does not mean you should just STOP LOOKING AT QUESTIONABLE PLAYS. That's just dumb. ALSO, Goat is right, I did not even bother to mention the clipping committed by the Steelers on the TD runback by Harrison, only because we did come back after that, but still.

I blame this on OBAMA, he picked the Steelers...friggin dems are always messing things up.

County Mike
02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Where's Chuck? I haven't seen him since the new forums went online.

Yo Chuck! Where you at?

Max
02-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Nice try, but I said "titles" (i.e. championships). Super Bowl is just the commercialized tag that has been applied to the championship game. Green Bay has the most, deal with it. Pittsburgh fans cannot just rewrite history as they see fit, like liberals with schoolbooks.
please, the only titles that mean anything in the NFL are superbowls.

internationalharvester
02-04-2009, 10:12 PM
please, the only titles that mean anything in the NFL are superbowls.

agreed, that GB's titles are little more than saying oh yeah well my team as more NFC championships lol

J.B.
02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Of course the only thing that matters in recent history is the "Super Bowl", but that does not negate the fact that the NFL was formed in the 1920's and The Packers have 12 championships. Saying that GB's titles are meaningless is just silly.

The UFC does not ignore the champions from it's bare-knuckle days. So, why should we ignore Champions from before the Super Bowl?

Facts are facts.

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
02-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Ahh on Inside the NFL. On the run back from Harrison. Thre were two possible flags missed on the run back on the Cards. As well. One being a player on the field. Which if a ref hit would be a penalty. Also the Fitz tackle inside the endzone with Harrison and running down the field out of bounce for 35 yrds. So JB that whole play had alot of bad calls.
Now my question for you JB is . When the Steelers come to Soldiers Field next year to play the Bears. Who are you going to be winning for packer/Cards Fan? :scared0015:

Chuck
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM
JB I love ya brother and you know that but seriously.....

You just sound like a sore loser bro and honestly I know you're better then that. You lost a game you shouldn't have been in to begin with to a team that's better. Period. I know it hurts... losing always does but man up bro.

VCURamFan
02-05-2009, 11:33 PM

You just sound like a sore loser bro and honestly I know you're better then that. You lost a game you shouldn't have been in to begin with to a team that's better. Period. I know it hurts... losing always does but man up bro.YAY!!! CHUCK'S BACK!!!!!

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 12:28 AM
YAY!!! CHUCK'S BACK!!!!!

No he's not, I just banned him......

Kidding! I'm kidding!!!! :laugh:

~Amy

matthughesfan21
02-06-2009, 12:32 AM

You just sound like a sore loser bro and honestly I know you're better then that. You lost a game you shouldn't have been in to begin with to a team that's better. Period. I know it hurts... losing always does but man up bro.
what took ya so damn long

VCURamFan
02-06-2009, 12:50 AM
No he's not, I just banned him......

Kidding! I'm kidding!!!! :laugh:

~AmyI fear the day you get that power!!:ninja::scared0011:

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 01:05 AM
I fear the day you get that power!!:ninja::scared0011:

:wink:

~Amy

VCURamFan
02-06-2009, 01:06 AM

~AmyAmy, no! Don't give her that power! I'm begging you!!!!!:scared0011::scared0011::scared0011:

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Amy, no! Don't give her that power! I'm begging you!!!!!:scared0011::scared0011::scared0011:

I get what I want, Ben. Have I not warned you of that yet? :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
02-06-2009, 01:32 AM

~AmyWell if you want your MMA biographies back, you'll keep Dawn off the Mod team!

(at least until after I get something I can fight back with!!)

matthughesfan21
02-06-2009, 02:11 AM

~Amy
well if you really want me, I think things could be arranged:wink: :laugh:

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 02:14 AM
well if you really want me, I think things could be arranged:wink: :laugh:

:yikes: :laugh:

~Amy

matthughesfan21
02-06-2009, 02:19 AM
:yikes: :laugh:

~Amy:ninja: :Whistle: :w00t: :laugh:

J.B.
02-06-2009, 02:26 AM

Chuck! You're back! :frantics:

Dude, I am NOT trying to be a sore loser, but OF COURSE I AM SORE, lol!

Did you really read everything I have said? I have given the Steelers a ton of credit, and I am not trying to take anything away from THEM, I have always admitted they are a very talented team. Now, I do think Harrison acted like a punk, and I stand by that, but it's not like I am the only one who thinks there were some BAD calls in that game, not by a long shot. STILL, I have admitted AZ made some mistakes, so please don't think I am being a sore loser. Anybody who watches their team lose the Super Bowl under those circumstances would be a bit upset, and you should understand that.

As for you saying AZ should not have been there to begin with is just wrong...:angry: We HAD you guys, and don't act like the Steelers are that much better than the Cards, because I will be forced to start talking numbers! :Whistle:

No, please don't think I am being crappy about it, I think we both knew this would be tough either way...:ashamed:

BTW, where the heck ya been??? :tongue0011:

PS - Congratulations : )

Hughes_GOAT
02-06-2009, 02:30 AM
lol at Chuck saying the Cards shouldn't have been there. they beat Carolina and Philly in the playoffs. both teams beat them in the regular season.

Philly beat Pitt for crying out loud.

hell, Pitt lost to 4 teams in the regular season and all 4 made the playoffs. Pitt didn't have to face any of them again in the playoffs, unlike Arizona. they belonged there for sure.

Chuck
02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
I just spent 30 minutes typing a reply and then the stupid BB times out!! Sheesh.... I'll respond later today or this weekend JB..

I still love ya bro!!!

Chuck
02-06-2009, 02:19 PM
lol at Chuck saying the Cards shouldn't have been there. they beat Carolina and Philly in the playoffs. both teams beat them in the regular season.

Philly beat Pitt for crying out loud.

hell, Pitt lost to 4 teams in the regular season and all 4 made the playoffs. Pitt didn't have to face any of them again in the playoffs, unlike Arizona. they belonged there for sure.

LOL at Andreas for being a childish loser AND for being a punk...

You don't believe in fighter math but somehow NFL math is logical??

You're not even a fan.. you just like to stir crap up bro!

The Raiders are horrible, the Cards lost and you and BJ are both punks who cry about losing.....

Man your weekend must have sucked!! :wink:

VCURamFan
02-06-2009, 02:58 PM

The Raiders are horrible, the Cards lost and you and BJ are both punks who cry about losing.....

Man your weekend must have sucked!! :wink:What'd I ever do to you???:cry::cry::cry:

Chuck
02-06-2009, 05:56 PM
What'd I ever do to you???:cry::cry::cry:
It's not my fault the Raiders suck bro ;)

VCURamFan
02-06-2009, 05:57 PM
It's not my fault the Raiders suck bro ;) :sad:

I know.

It's Al Davis's fault!!:punch:

Krupp
02-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Is it too late for me to just say for the record how pathetic Cardinal bandwagon fans are? I had to deal with it for the whole superbowl night at a party where I walked out of the house because it got so bad...

Chuck
02-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Is it too late for me to just say for the record how pathetic Cardinal bandwagon fans are? I had to deal with it for the whole superbowl night at a party where I walked out of the house because it got so bad...

LOL... just chalk it up to inexperience bro.... it's not like they've been there before :wink:

J.B.
02-07-2009, 12:29 AM

I agree, it is ridiculous how many people jumped on the bandwagon.

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 02:56 AM

Man your weekend must have sucked!! :wink:

oh noes, looks like we got to Chuck....:laugh: he tried so hard to remain calm :tongue0011:

i wasn't using MMA math....i was saying that the Cardinals beat the teams in the playoffs that they lost to in the regular season, ie showed they improved. showed they deserved to be there.

and Pitt was fortunate to not have to play any of the teams that beat them in the regular season again in the playoffs. you can't honestly tell me you weren't glad to see baltimore, a team you beat twice, as opposed to Tenn or Indy? and in the SB, you were glad to see Arizona instead of NY or Philly?

yes, the Raiders are horrible but guess what, i don't live through them like you do the Steelers. i would never feel the need to call anyone names because of a football team, that would be....uh, childish, loser, punk behavior.

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 02:58 AM

while the Steelers have some of the most faithful fans out there, i have to say there were plenty of bandwagoners out here in Washington. jerseys, hats, popping up everywhere, LOL.

Chuck
02-07-2009, 03:43 AM
oh noes, looks like we got to Chuck....:laugh: he tried so hard to remain calm :tongue0011:

i wasn't using MMA math....i was saying that the Cardinals beat the teams in the playoffs that they lost to in the regular season, ie showed they improved. showed they deserved to be there.

and Pitt was fortunate to not have to play any of the teams that beat them in the regular season again in the playoffs. you can't honestly tell me you weren't glad to see baltimore, a team you beat twice, as opposed to Tenn or Indy? and in the SB, you were glad to see Arizona instead of NY or Philly?

yes, the Raiders are horrible but guess what, i don't live through them like you do the Steelers. i would never feel the need to call anyone names because of a football team, that would be....uh, childish, loser, punk behavior.

Was getting to me a goal Andreas???? :scared0015: It's not that big of a challenge bro!

The only 2 teams that beat us that we could have played in the playoffs were Tenn or Indy. You honestly think we didn't want revenge on Tenn after the whole towel incident??? I can promise you every member of the Steeler Nation wanted us to play the Titans. I wasn't the least bit glad to see the Cards (except for JB of course). If you follow along I was quick to say they were the 1 team I DIDN'T want to face because of the potential challenges they posed for us. I WANTED the Eagles or the Giants so we could avenge our losses. I think we were the best team in the NFL this year and I wanted to prove it by playing the best.. not a 9-7 cinderella team (no offense JB).

I don't live through the Steelers bro but I take no offense to that. The only time I ever mention them or have them in my sig is during the football season. I'm a fan and have been for 33 years now and I'm proud of it but I can assure you my life is far too complex with 3 teens and a 4th on the way to live my life through a football team.

However your obsession with Fedor could be up for debate couldn't it???? I just think you're either a poor loser or somone who takes joy in trying to piss people off. You whinned uncontrollably after Mir kicked your boys ass.... you wimper (not as bad) about BJ and the Cards as well. It just seems that losing isn't something you accept well. And you know what?? That's cool. To each his own... I just think how people react when their fighter/team loses reveals a lot about their character.

Take BJ for instance.... :Whistle:

Chuck
02-07-2009, 03:47 AM
while the Steelers have some of the most faithful fans out there, i have to say there were plenty of bandwagoners out here in Washington. jerseys, hats, popping up everywhere, LOL.

Well I know the Black and Gold Express is one of the larger fan clubs in the Steeler Nation. A group I was proudly a part of when I lived in Tacoma. They completely take over the Hooters on Tacoma Mall Blvd and 72nd st every Sunday during football season.

In fact if you want to do a little research when the Hawks and the Steelers played in the SB it became a pretty big news story because the Hawk fans were outraged that the entire Hooters was taken over by Steeler fans for the SB. A bunch of people in Tacoma/Seattle tried to organize a boycott of Hooters. KING5 ended up coming out the morning of the game and filming us and interviewing one of the founders Sean. It was awesome... we had TPD there to make sure the Hawk fans in the parking lot didn't mix it up with the Steeler fans inside Hooters. :laugh:

VCURamFan
02-07-2009, 03:51 AM
Well I know the Black and Gold Express is one of the larger fan clubs in the Steeler Nation. A group I was proudly a part of when I lived in Tacoma. They completely take over the Hooters on Tacoma Mall Blvd and 72nd st every Sunday during football season.

In fact if you want to do a little research when the Hawks and the Steelers played in the SB it became a pretty big news story because the Hawk fans were outraged that the entire Hooters was taken over by Steeler fans for the SB. A bunch of people in Tacoma/Seattle tried to organize a boycott of Hooters. KING5 ended up coming out the morning of the game and filming us and interviewing one of the founders Sean. It was awesome... we had TPD there to make sure the Hawk fans in the parking lot didn't mix it up with the Steeler fans inside Hooters. :laugh:That's awesome!!!

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Was getting to me a goal Andreas???? :scared0015: It's not that big of a challenge bro!

The only 2 teams that beat us that we could have played in the playoffs were Tenn or Indy. You honestly think we didn't want revenge on Tenn after the whole towel incident??? I can promise you every member of the Steeler Nation wanted us to play the Titans. I wasn't the least bit glad to see the Cards (except for JB of course). If you follow along I was quick to say they were the 1 team I DIDN'T want to face because of the potential challenges they posed for us. I WANTED the Eagles or the Giants so we could avenge our losses. I think we were the best team in the NFL this year and I wanted to prove it by playing the best.. not a 9-7 cinderella team (no offense JB).

I don't live through the Steelers bro but I take no offense to that. The only time I ever mention them or have them in my sig is during the football season. I'm a fan and have been for 33 years now and I'm proud of it but I can assure you my life is far too complex with 3 teens and a 4th on the way to live my life through a football team.

However your obsession with Fedor could be up for debate couldn't it???? I just think you're either a poor loser or somone who takes joy in trying to piss people off. You whinned uncontrollably after Mir kicked your boys ass.... you wimper (not as bad) about BJ and the Cards as well. It just seems that losing isn't something you accept well. And you know what?? That's cool. To each his own... I just think how people react when their fighter/team loses reveals a lot about their character.

Take BJ for instance.... :Whistle:

no goal...just a happy coincidence.

no, you could have played the Giants and the Eagles....the SB is part of the playoffs/post season.

sure Chuck, Steelers mean nothing to you. only time you get upset around here is when they are criticized.:Whistle:

first of all, show me a good loser:tongue0011: second of all, Nog is not, nor was ever, my boy.

the NSAC support my whining by saying it was an unfair fight for BJ.

as for the Cards, 9-7 or not, it would have been nice to see a team win the SB that never made one before.

character is a social construct....it could be debated endlessly. like i said, show me someone who is a good loser. like GSP said of Penn, "he's a winner, his mentality is that of a winner because he is looking for reasons as to why he lost."

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 04:06 AM

In fact if you want to do a little research when the Hawks and the Steelers played in the SB it became a pretty big news story because the Hawk fans were outraged that the entire Hooters was taken over by Steeler fans for the SB. A bunch of people in Tacoma/Seattle tried to organize a boycott of Hooters. KING5 ended up coming out the morning of the game and filming us and interviewing one of the founders Sean. It was awesome... we had TPD there to make sure the Hawk fans in the parking lot didn't mix it up with the Steeler fans inside Hooters. :laugh:

i don't watch KING 5...only KIRO or KOMO

Chuck
02-07-2009, 04:10 AM
no goal...just a happy coincidence.
Lucky me :laugh:
no, you could have played the Giants and the Eagles....the SB is part of the playoffs/post season.
1//2 credit to you. The SB is part of the post season. Calling it part of the playoffs would be a stretch.
sure Chuck, Steelers mean nothing to you. only time you get upset around here is when they are criticized.:Whistle:
No... they mean a lot to me... not quite the way Jens means to Dave... I'm just saying I don't live through them :wink:
first of all, show me a good loser:tongue0011: second of all, Nog is not, nor was ever, my boy.
good point on the loser thing... and Nog DID sound like your boy before and after that fight that's for sure.
the NSAC support my whining by saying it was an unfair fight for BJ.
sure.... but it's still whining :tongue0011:
as for the Cards, 9-7 or not, it would have been nice to see a team win the SB that never made one before.
Bro I totally agree... and if they were playing ANY other team then mine... I would have been their biggest fan.
character is a social construct....it could be debated endlessly. like i said, show me someone who is a good loser. like GSP said of Penn, "he's a winner, his mentality is that of a winner because he is looking for reasons as to why he lost."
Matt Hughes is a good loser. So is GSP, KOS & Fedor... or at least he will be someday!!!
:)

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 04:20 AM
:)

on camera they are....with their friends and family, you know they're pissed.

seriously though, you do remember GSP saying he wouldn't have fought Serra the first time if he were Matt Hughes? he said that because he was supposedly injured going into the fight.

it was his excuse as to why Serra beat him. he was basically saying Serra was nothing and even though he (GSP) was injured he could beat him. LOL

he also said the only reason he lost to Matt Hughes was because he was in awe of him, he was his idol and he was already beat before they fought.

Chuck
02-07-2009, 04:29 AM
on camera they are....with their friends and family, you know they're pissed.

seriously though, you do remember GSP saying he wouldn't have fought Serra the first time if he were Matt Hughes? he said that because he was supposedly injured going into the fight.

it was his excuse as to why Serra beat him. he was basically saying Serra was nothing and even though he (GSP) was injured he could beat him. LOL

he also said the only reason he lost to Matt Hughes was because he was in awe of him, he was his idol and he was already beat before they fought.

I don't have a problem with either of those comments to be honest...

Saying he wouldnt have taken the fight if it was Matt is really just a compliment to Matt. I don't see that as being a bad thing.

to me Sarah IS nothing.... a game show winner with no right at a title shot... I don't remember GSP being injured... I belive he was referring more to his mental state due to some personal issues and the impact it had on his training. A tough spot to be in really... back out of a fight and people trash you... fight when you don't think you should and lose... people talk trash.... a no win in my book.

I guess the comment about being in awe of Matt is why I like GSP. He's just honest. He tapped way too early, he knew that... and he was honest about it. Hell if your idol locks up an armbar on you in your head you're probably thinking it's broke already. Imagine catching a fastball from Randy Johnson. Even if he threw it at half speed in your head it was a million miles an hour just because of what you KNOW he's capable of. I think that's what GSP was thinking.

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 04:47 AM
I don't have a problem with either of those comments to be honest...

Saying he wouldnt have taken the fight if it was Matt is really just a compliment to Matt. I don't see that as being a bad thing.

to me Sarah IS nothing.... a game show winner with no right at a title shot... I don't remember GSP being injured... I belive he was referring more to his mental state due to some personal issues and the impact it had on his training. A tough spot to be in really... back out of a fight and people trash you... fight when you don't think you should and lose... people talk trash.... a no win in my book.

I guess the comment about being in awe of Matt is why I like GSP. He's just honest. He tapped way too early, he knew that... and he was honest about it. Hell if your idol locks up an armbar on you in your head you're probably thinking it's broke already. Imagine catching a fastball from Randy Johnson. Even if he threw it at half speed in your head it was a million miles an hour just because of what you KNOW he's capable of. I think that's what GSP was thinking.

he still slighted Serra. i'm not saying it's a bad thing, just pointing out that everyone says things from time to time. moreso than others but all do at some point.

the reason why GSP has been able to beat Matt the last 2 times, IMO, is because Matt really got to him when he trash talked him about his armbar defense. this motivated him in the rematches.

Chuck
02-07-2009, 04:50 AM
the reason why GSP has been able to beat Matt the last 2 times, IMO, is because Matt really got to him when he trash talked him about his armbar defense. this motivated him in the rematches.

Well that and the fact that at this point in their respective careers GSP is simply the better fighter. I think the torch has been passed... it happens to everyone sooner or later even the great ones.

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 04:58 AM
and he has become better, in part, because Matt pissed him off or maybe even hurt him. either of those are tremendous motivators. he went to a Sports Pyschologist for crying out loud.

Chuck
02-07-2009, 05:01 AM
and he has become better, in part, because Matt pissed him off or maybe even hurt him. either of those are tremendous motivators. he went to a Sports Pyschologist for crying out loud.
Agreed.

matthughesfan21
02-07-2009, 05:40 AM
how in the heck did we get from the Steelers and Cards, to MMA so quickly?!?!?!

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 06:03 AM
that's how it works....no matter what the topic, it always comes back to MMA.

VCURamFan
02-07-2009, 06:08 AM
that's how it works....no matter what the topic, it always comes back to MMA.Kinda like how any topic about WWs turns to a discussion of GSP turns to a discussion of BJ turns to a discussion (thanks to Dave) of Jens!:laugh::laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 06:11 AM
exactly LOL

matthughesfan21
02-07-2009, 06:14 AM
haha true true...It is an mma forum, so it does make sense lol

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
02-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Reports came out today that Big Ben was playing with two fractured ribs during Super Bowl. Amazing how a QB can deal with that when thrown the ball all time. War BEN and Steelers!!

J.B.
02-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Reports came out today that Big Ben was playing with two fractured ribs during Super Bowl. Amazing how a QB can deal with that when thrown the ball all time. War BEN and Steelers!!

Reports came out today that Big Ben is a big poopyhead and I hate him.

Just kidding Chuck! :tongue0011:

Chuck
02-10-2009, 02:27 AM

:happy0198:

Hughes_GOAT
02-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Rivers played with a torn ACl :wink: .

remember when Roethlisberger said he had broken toes and Cowher was like, "no he doesn't." they kept contradicting each other.

then Whisenhunt said Roethlisberger didn't play as well because of the motorcycle accident, to which Roethlisberger got upset.

Roethlisberger likes to let the world know he's hurt so it seems more dramatic. everyone plays hurt, Ben. :rolleyes:

J.B.
02-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Rivers played with a torn ACl :wink: .

remember when Roethlisberger said he had broken toes and Cowher was like, "no he doesn't." they kept contradicting each other.

then Whisenhunt said Roethlisberger didn't play as well because of the motorcycle accident, to which Roethlisberger got upset.

Roethlisberger likes to let the world know he's hurt so it seems more dramatic. everyone plays hurt, Ben. :rolleyes:

You are right, teams do that all the time though. They dont want to let on that guys are hurt before games so they dont lose a mental edge IMO.

But, in fairness, I believe the report on Big Ben's ribs came from the team doctor and not Ben himself.

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 12:11 AM
You are right, teams do that all the time though. They dont want to let on that guys are hurt before games so they dont lose a mental edge IMO.

But, in fairness, I believe the report on Big Ben's ribs came from the team doctor and not Ben himself.

Ben told Andrea Kramer about his ribs and Tomlin said he didn't know anything about it.

J.B.
02-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Ben told Andrea Kramer about his ribs and Tomlin said he didn't know anything about it.

Are you saying after the AFC championship, or after the Super Bowl? :huh:

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Are you saying after the AFC championship, or after the Super Bowl? :huh:

it was less than a week before the SB....he told her he had X-rays

J.B.
02-12-2009, 12:47 AM
it was less than a week before the SB....he told her he had X-rays

Right, but they played it off like he was fine for the game. Now the team came out and said he has two broken ribs.

It's not really any different if Ben would have said it. It would have come out anyway.

Hughes_GOAT
02-12-2009, 02:05 AM
http://superbowl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/01/big-ben-confirms-he-had-x-rays-somewhere/

well the team acted like he didn't have anything done..he said he did.

he said he had x-rays somewhere. i guess he learned his lesson last time he told where he was x-rayed and she reported it.