PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce predictions 6/6/09

CBCS
06-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Getting ready for this weekend, this card is much stronger than I first realized. Here's how I predict things to go for the maincard fights....

Kevin Randelman vs Mike WhiteheadWhitehead is a very experienced fighters with great submissions. Randelman is a good striker but has serious issues on the ground. If Whitehead can get this to the ground it should be a easy victory for him.

Winner - Whitehead 1st round (Submission)

Phil Baroni vs Joe Riggs
This should be a entertaining fight. Baroni always want's to stand and swing for the fences. Riggs does also, BUT his ground game is very solid.

Winner - Riggs 1st round (Submission - armbar)

Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith

This fight could be fight of the night. If Diaz stands and bangs with Smith, this could turn into fight of the year. Diaz is well rounded, his ground game is very solid and dangerous. Smith loves to stand and give the fans what they want to see...KO's. He has a solid chin and great heart (watch Pete Sell fight.) If this goes they way I'm sure it can, someone could be going to sleep.

Winner - Scott Smith Decision

Andrei Arlovski vs Brett Rogers

Brett Rogers has had nine MMA fights. None of those are notable opponents. His wrestling is very medicore. He tends to be somewhat wild in his fights. He's facing a very well rounded, very experienced Arlovski. This could be a short night for Rogers.

Winner - Arlovski 1st round KO

Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields
Jake Shields is a great grappler with good Jiu-jitsu and a great transition to mount. His stand up leaves something to be desired with only three (t)ko wins. His conditioning is excelent with ten wins coming by decision.
Robbie Lawler has amazing stand up and heart. He has a stone chin and great conditioning. Working with HIT squad, Marc Fiore and Matt Hughes, I'm sure Lawler is ready if Shields takes it to the ground.

Winner - Lawler 3rd round TKO

Miss Foxy
06-03-2009, 02:08 AM
I thought we were friends until I seen that you didnt pick Nick 2 win..:sad: Hmm I feel a sig bet coming along!!.....

Jason 16
06-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Getting ready for this weekend, this card is much stronger than I first realized. Here's how I predict things to go for the maincard fights....

Kevin Randelman vs Mike WhiteheadWhitehead is a very experienced fighters with great submissions. Randelman is a good striker but has serious issues on the ground. If Whitehead can get this to the ground it should be a easy victory for him.

Winner - Whitehead 1st round (Submission)

Phil Baroni vs Joe Riggs
This should be a entertaining fight. Baroni always want's to stand and swing for the fences. Riggs does also, BUT his ground game is very solid.

Winner - Riggs 1st round (Submission - armbar)

Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith

This fight could be fight of the night. If Diaz stands and bangs with Smith, this could turn into fight of the year. Diaz is well rounded, his ground game is very solid and dangerous. Smith loves to stand and give the fans what they want to see...KO's. He has a solid chin and great heart (watch Pete Sell fight.) If this goes they way I'm sure it can, someone could be going to sleep.

Winner - Scott Smith Decision

Andrei Arlovski vs Brett Rogers

Brett Rogers has had nine MMA fights. None of those are notable opponents. His wrestling is very medicore. He tends to be somewhat wild in his fights. He's facing a very well rounded, very experienced Arlovski. This could be a short night for Rogers.

Winner - Arlovski 1st round KO

Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields
Jake Shields is a great grappler with good Jiu-jitsu and a great transition to mount. His stand up leaves something to be desired with only three (t)ko wins. His conditioning is excelent with ten wins coming by decision.
Robbie Lawler has amazing stand up and heart. He has a stone chin and great conditioning. Working with HIT squad, Marc Fiore and Matt Hughes, I'm sure Lawler is ready if Shields takes it to the ground.

Winner - Lawler 3rd round TKO

I think you got the names mixed up in the description randelman it the roided freak of a wrestler and white head is the one with just ok ground game

this is randelmenhttp://www.gambling911.com/kevin-randleman-11.jpg http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8tGLuzudyYk/RUuBbyABABI/AAAAAAAAAEY/IDMz49dScJo/128141498_4d7305a4b2.jpg

CBCS
06-03-2009, 02:46 AM
lol..nah i know who Randelman is. Check out how many times he's been submitted.

Don't get me wrong, Nick is an exiciting fighter. This will be a great match. If Nick takes it to the ground....What do you have in mind Miss Foxy? haha

Jason 16
06-03-2009, 03:00 AM
true and most of the times he got subed was by top 10 guys some were top 5 and I just think that White head SUCKS he made a liveing buy beating realy realy bad fighters and every time he fights a guy with a name he sucks.

sig bet

and is this on hdnet show time or what ??

matthughesfan21
06-03-2009, 03:35 AM

Don't get me wrong, Nick is an exiciting fighter. This will be a great match. If Nick takes it to the ground....What do you have in mind Miss Foxy? hahaman, look at the names beside the sub losses....shogun, cro cop, waterman, fedor, and sakuraba...none of those guys are scrubs on the ground...Randleman is a wrestler, he is a D-I champion wrestler from Ohio State, I think he wants this fight on the ground.

Miss Foxy
06-03-2009, 03:46 AM

Don't get me wrong, Nick is an exiciting fighter. This will be a great match. If Nick takes it to the ground....What do you have in mind Miss Foxy? haha
If he takes it to the ground I would die happy with a GOGOPLATA!!!!!! :laugh:

Neezar
06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I am a fan of Nick's......but I just don't see how he will win this one. :unsure-1:

(p.s. Shut up, Dave!)

Neezar
06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
War Robbie!!!

:cool:

Crisco
06-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Lawler takes it by epic decapitating of shields.

Scott Smith will knock out Nick Diaz if it stays standing.

atomdanger
06-03-2009, 10:25 PM
-Robbie Lawler (16-4) vs. Jake Shields (22-4-1)*
Jake has talent, but I have never been very impressed,
I think Robbie fights tougher guys, and beats them in more impressive fashion.

-Nick Diaz (19-7) vs. Scott Smith (15-5)
Scott Smith. I went back and forth on this one, but Diaz doesn't have the same Power Smith does,
and I think Scott will be able to hammer this one home.

-Andrei Arlovski (15-6) vs. Brett Rogers (9-0)
WAY, WAY too big of a step up in competition for Brett right now.

-Joe Riggs (29-10) vs. Phil Baroni (13-10)
Riggs, I didn't want to pick on this fight, because I don't care,
but Riggs is younger, and has more experience.

-Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (7-1) vs. Mike Kyle (11-6-1)
Feijao wins this fight everywhere, should be on the main card.

Miss Foxy
06-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Lawler... I don't like Shields:sad:
Diaz..I think he's gonna pull it off guys.. He's been working on his stand-up and is getting really great boxing training...:wink:
All the others I can care less. Thats just being real!~

CBCS
06-04-2009, 12:08 AM
The first time Smith hits Diaz with a big shot, its going to turn on Diaz's hot head switch and he will stand and bang with him the entire fight. Now if he goes in with the gameplan to take him down and work on him. Diaz could pull this victory off. I just don't see him going in with that gameplan.

Jason 16
06-04-2009, 02:16 AM
can nick take him down smith is bigger and I would say stonger and Iam sure he has been working on Take down D

Jason 16
06-04-2009, 02:21 AM
The first time Smith hits Diaz with a big shot, its going to turn on Diaz's hot head switch and he will stand and bang with him the entire fight. Now if he goes in with the gameplan to take him down and work on him. Diaz could pull this victory off. I just don't see him going in with that gameplan.

Agree

atomdanger
06-04-2009, 03:15 AM
can nick take him down smith is bigger and I would say stonger and Iam sure he has been working on Take down D

Yeah I am fairly sure Smith wants to keep this fight on the feet.

Josh
06-04-2009, 07:17 AM
I actually think Nick will win this fight. He is really good at transitioning and I think he will have Smith guessing enough to take the win.

J.B.
06-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Okay, I don't usually make sweeping predictions like this, but I will bite on this one for the main fights...

Lawler
Diaz
Rodgers
Randleman
Baroni

Tyburn
06-04-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qb2Z7O1RUE

I think he will win :)

Llamafighter
06-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Lawler by KO/TKO rd 2
Arlovski by KO rd 2 or 1
Randleman by KO rd 3
Diaz by sub rd 1
Riggs by TKO rd 2

Not sure about undercard (made picks on mmaplayground and don't remember whatthey were)

Crisco
06-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Okay, I don't usually make sweeping predictions like this, but I will bite on this one for the main fights...

Lawler
Diaz
Rodgers
Randleman
Baroni

Really JB?

Jason 16
06-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Really JB?

Id like to see him win I just dont think It will happen and I think overreem is the harder fight

Liddellfan
06-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Lawler by KO...He's the better fighter, more aggressive fighter, and can bang with the best. Always tries to finish fights.

Arlovski by KO...This may start an arguement BUT he was schooling the great Fedor in the stand up game until he used that push kick and got caught. He is also good with submissions.

Diaz by ref. stoppage....I think his striking in highly under rated. He does not throw power punches all the time, he will pepper him with jabs and get him frustrated. Diaz hits hard and doesn't get the credit for it. Diaz also dominates if it goes to the ground, his ground game is excellent.

Riggs by TKO...Baroni is to old to keep up with these younger guys. Thinking he will gas.

Don't really care about the Randleman fight.

J.B.
06-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Really JB?

Quite honestly, I have never really been that impressed with Arlovski. No doubt, at one time he was near the top of the heap in HW division, but those days are gone. I think Rodgers is on the upswing and will win this fight by KO, but thats just my opinion and no doubt I've been wrong before.

matthughesfan21
06-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Quite honestly, I have never really been that impressed with Arlovski. No doubt, at one time he was near the top of the heap in HW division, but those days are gone. I think Rodgers is on the upswing and will win this fight by KO, but thats just my opinion and no doubt I've been wrong before.
AA looked great against Fedor until he made that one mistake, sure it was a huge mistake, but he looked pretty crisp

Miss Foxy
06-05-2009, 03:14 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2z8zua8.jpg
He's cute when in action only:laugh:

ufcfan2
06-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Robbie Lawler (16-4) vs. Jake Shields (22-4-1) – TKO/RD2

Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski (15-6) vs. Brett “The Grim” Rogers (9-0)-TKO/KO rd2

Nick “Bad Boy” Diaz (19-7) vs. Scott “Hands of Steel” Smith (16-5) –TKO RD3

Phil “New York Bad Ass” Baroni (13-10) vs. Joe “Diesel” Riggs (29-10) –TKO RD1

Kevin “Monster” Randleman (17-12) vs. Mike Whitehead (23-7) –RNC/rd 2

*gotta throw in a few oddball picks.

Booker DeRousse (1-1) vs. James Wade* (5-6) –submission

*teaches kickboxing at a gym I goto,though I've only been his class a few times,but gotta pick him anyways.

Neezar
06-09-2009, 04:50 AM
I am a fan of Nick's......but I just don't see how he will win this one. :unsure-1:

(p.s. Shut up, Dave!)

Oops, my bad.:ashamed: