PDA

View Full Version : BJ Complaining GSP Greased?!? [MERGED]

Pages : [1] 2 3

MMeh
02-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Okay, I will say straight up I got this off Sherdog, so this could be faulty. But there are multiple threads on the topic, I subsequently Googled it and it's floating around other boards. No article as of yet. I will eat crow if this is a fraud, which knowing some of the Sherdorks, it could be. The bottom line - team Penn is lodging a complaint to the athletic commission that GSP was greased up for the fight.

That said, if this is what BJ is going with, that's pathetic. GSP said on ESPN a cornerman applied Vaseline to his face between rounds, began to do so on his back, caught the error, and an official wiped it off. Considering these guys are checked before they entered the cage, I highly doubt GSP was greased coming in to the fight.

If this report is true, typical BJ Penn. Either his opponent was on steroids, or he separated his ribs, or the judges robbed him, etc. The man never gets beat fair and square, at least in his own mind. I hope this isn't true, because if it is, then all the negative things about BJ are valid. He's always been too much of a crap talking punk for my taste, but this would be rich even for him. Guys like BJ always have an excuse - they have the talent, but they are unwilling to pay the price to be a true champion (frontrunners) and the thing that scares them most is what happened to BJ tonight - being exposed when they lay it on the line (which he should be commended for) and everyone knowing it. Unless you're not competing, you've been beaten, but it takes a real champion to come back from that defeat. BJ, if this is true, you are a joke.

MMeh
02-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Confirmed here: http://www.cagepotato.com/bj-penns-camp-files-formal-complaint-over-vaseline-st-pierres-back-between-rounds

Pathetic.

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 07:49 AM
I told you Penn would role out the excuses if he lost.

Damn his brother for calling the fight though...I mean, I think Penn would rather have been finished in the fifth then had the towl tossed dont you :blink:

As for GSP...there must be more to him then grease, he's beaten to many top calibres to be cheating IMHO. Not saying he would never...but he'd have been caught by now if that was regular.

MMeh
02-01-2009, 07:59 AM

Damn his brother for calling the fight though...I mean, I think Penn would rather have been finished in the fifth then had the towl tossed dont you :blink:

As for GSP...there must be more to him then grease, he's beaten to many top calibres to be cheating IMHO. Not saying he would never...but he'd have been caught by now if that was regular.

No he wouldn't. Guys like that need the excuse (my brother/the doctor stopped it, he cheated, I got hurt, etc.). The thing with BJ Penn is his gift (his talent - which he has a lot of) is his life. Notice I didn't say his accomplishments - that's because for all his talent, if he had even a modicum of a work ethic, he could have gone down as one of the best fighters the sport has ever seen. Instead he's a big "what if". With all the crap he talked before this fight, about how this was his "legacy" night, the way he was beaten demoralized him. You'll see it on the replay, he's a beaten man once it hits him that GSP isn't going to wet himself because he's in the cage with the great BJ Penn. BJ needs the excuses, because without them he has to accept that either he wasn't good enough or he messed up, and that's something his ego won't allow. I'm pretty steamed about this, I should call it a night and return a more rational person Super Sunday.

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 08:06 AM
No he wouldn't. Guys like that need the excuse (my brother/the doctor stopped it, he cheated, I got hurt, etc.). The thing with BJ Penn is his gift (his talent - which he has a lot of) is his life. Notice I didn't say his accomplishments - that's because for all his talent, if he had even a modicum of a work ethic, he could have gone down as one of the best fighters the sport has ever seen. Instead he's a big "what if". With all the crap he talked before this fight, about how this was his "legacy" night, the way he was beaten demoralized him. You'll see it on the replay, he's a beaten man once it hits him that GSP isn't going to wet himself because he's in the cage with the great BJ Penn. BJ needs the excuses, because without them he has to accept that either he wasn't good enough or he messed up, and that's something his ego won't allow. I'm pretty steamed about this, I should call it a night and return a more rational person Super Sunday.
I aggree with you. The other thing is, I think this WAS his legacy night and he blew it.

See...Penn is very gifted and he's wasted that gift for a very long time, he's now started to make a Legacy, but it looks like its a bit to late. He's kept the LW title for a while but got no records, and he's failed to beat GSP who HE COULD have beaten last time they met...he's now thirty years old.

In a way this loss might have been enough to at least lead to my hope that he'll now lose the LW title out of dispear rather then being overstretched. Even I wasnt expecting GSP to be as good as the reports made him sound...but that could well have been despiration on GSPs behalf...remember he had nothing to win from this...he's won and Penn still has he's title...and if he lost, he would have lost everything

Until I see the fight, I cant really be more clear

GnP
02-01-2009, 09:33 AM
I aggree with you. The other thing is, I think this WAS his legacy night and he blew it.

See...Penn is very gifted and he's wasted that gift for a very long time, he's now started to make a Legacy, but it looks like its a bit to late. He's kept the LW title for a while but got no records, and he's failed to beat GSP who HE COULD have beaten last time they met...he's now thirty years old.

In a way this loss might have been enough to at least lead to my hope that he'll now lose the LW title out of dispear rather then being overstretched. Even I wasnt expecting GSP to be as good as the reports made him sound...but that could well have been despiration on GSPs behalf...remember he had nothing to win from this...he's won and Penn still has he's title...and if he lost, he would have lost everything

Until I see the fight, I cant really be more clear

He really was that good Penn looked like a little boy in the Octagon.

I am actually happy Penn is rolling out the excuses, it means he realizes all that crap he talked before the fight is coming back to haunt him. Simply, if he cant walk the walk don't talk carp before fights. "You tap to strikes your a pussy" Haha what are you then when your brother has to ask the ref to stop your opponent from beating on you anymore :)

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 09:40 AM
He really was that good Penn looked like a little boy in the Octagon.

I am actually happy Penn is rolling out the excuses, it means he realizes all that crap he talked before the fight is coming back to haunt him. Simply, if he cant walk the walk don't talk carp before fights. "You tap to strikes your a pussy" Haha what are you then when your brother has to ask the ref to stop your opponent from beating on you anymore :)
It wont stop him talking crap though..He's always talked crap before a fight, always will...but...I'm suprised GSP was that good...I'll watch the fights tonight...(i slept right through them yesterday by accident :sad: )

GnP
02-01-2009, 10:14 AM
It wont stop him talking crap though..He's always talked crap before a fight, always will...but...I'm suprised GSP was that good...I'll watch the fights tonight...(i slept right through them yesterday by accident :sad: )

wounded i was very close to doing the same, thankfully sky plus saved me :)

I think it is a case of GSP being that good and BJ being pretty awful he never offered anything. That may be fear of GSP and being beat or something else

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 12:03 PM
wounded i was very close to doing the same, thankfully sky plus saved me :)

I think it is a case of GSP being that good and BJ being pretty awful he never offered anything. That may be fear of GSP and being beat or something else
:laugh: I dont have sky...the annoying thing is I turned over at half two and thought..."I dont have to watch Primetime...I'll just doze til three... :ninja: "

at 11 I thought..."I've missed it :cry: "

County Mike
02-01-2009, 01:01 PM
I guess it was energy sapping grease because BJ was gassed out after the first two minutes of the fight.

warriorlion
02-01-2009, 01:03 PM
BJ was always gonna have some excuse for losing, its bad that he resorted to more or less calling GSP a cheat.

The official decision was a doctor stoppage. The announcement was that the doc recommended that the fight be stopped, I know rogan saud it was Bj's brother and showed the images of him waving his hand in a thats enough signal, but the docs must have called it

warriorlion
02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
otherwise the outcome would have been TKO surely. or unable to continue. But Buffer definately said that the fight was ended due to doctor recommendation

Jonlion
02-01-2009, 01:23 PM

It was the right call regardless. All they was doing was to send BJ out to be pummelled for 5 mins, it would have been folly to do it because it was over, no doubt.

CAVEMAN
02-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I would not expect anything less from Penn and all his nut huggers! ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

GSP further proved last night that he is one of the best in the biz right now! AND that is a hard pill to swallow for Penn!

Jonlion
02-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Whatever way, GSP was unstoppable tonight and made Bj looked average, he wasnt able to anything.

I was really disapointed with the fight as BJ couldn't offer anything because GSP was so good.

GSP was just too strong and too big, part of me thinks there should be 165 lb weight division because men like GSP, Alves just look huge against the others.

I feel for BJ, he was well beat and thats that.

I worry about how he will handle this but i hope he goes back to Lw and continues to defend against the pretenders.

For me at the moment, i can't see anyone touching GSP.

But again goes to show how good Kos was to go with him so well when they fought

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 01:31 PM

Josh "He's gonna out wrestle ME?!" Koschek...

hehe.. still went down in flames....

GnP
02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Whatever way, GSP was unstoppable tonight and made Bj looked average, he wasnt able to anything.

I was really disapointed with the fight as BJ couldn't offer anything because GSP was so good.

GSP was just too strong and too big, part of me thinks there should be 165 lb weight division because men like GSP, Alves just look huge against the others.

I feel for BJ, he was well beat and thats that.

I worry about how he will handle this but i hope he goes back to Lw and continues to defend against the pretenders.

For me at the moment, i can't see anyone touching GSP.

It also back up what many of us have been saying Fitch put in the performance of a liftime not to get stopped by him with the beating he took

Jonlion
02-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Josh "He's gonna out wrestle ME?!" Koschek...

hehe.. still went down in flames....

Ha ha agreed but Kos was complacent on that. No one knew how Good GSP was at wrestling.

I think out of his recent fights Kos was the man who gave him the most trouble.

After Alves, i would like to see Kos get back into the mix and a shot.

Jonlion
02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
It also back up what many of us have been saying Fitch put in the performance of a liftime not to get stopped by him with the beating he took

Yeah Fitch was a tough SOB that night and its testament to that. I take my hat of to BJ as well because fair play to him, a la Matt Hughes he was put into some terrible posistions and he tried, he didnt quit.

For me, there surely can be now worse situation than having all your limbs controlled so they have a clear shot at your head. That must be harrowing

GnP
02-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah Fitch was a tough SOB that night and its testament to that. I take my hat of to BJ as well because fair play to him, a la Matt Hughes he was put into some terrible posistions and he tried, he didnt quit.

For me, there surely can be now worse situation than having all your limbs controlled so they have a clear shot at your head. That must be harrowing

It must be petrifying. However and i know i should be more mature than this at my age but i feel no sympathy for BJ due to all the crap he talked. especially about GSP taping

Guess quitting in his corner may make him re think those quote. Then again as others have already said probably not :sad:

Jonlion
02-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Them comments about tapping to me isnt really something really heinous to say.

He made a few comments before a fight about it, in staged interviews that is designed to get them to say provocative things.

most of the shtye talk before fights are mostly harmless and i see it all as part parcel, the most important thing as ever is that at the end, the trouble is quashed and respect is shown. If thats the case then it really doesnt bother me and im not fussed to ram words down their throats.

There are of course exceptions, such as Serra, Tito, Trigg when they go too far.

GnP
02-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Them comments about tapping to me isnt really something really heinous to say.

He made a few comments before a fight about it, in staged interviews that is designed to get them to say provocative things.

most of the shtye talk before fights are mostly harmless and i see it all as part parcel, the most important thing as ever is that at the end, the trouble is quashed and respect is shown. If thats the case then it really doesnt bother me and im not fussed to ram words down their throats.

There are of course exceptions, such as Serra, Tito, Trigg when they go too far.

As i say i do realise it is petty of me and usualy the pre fight talk dosn't bother me. I for some reason angered much more than usual at the pre fight this time. Perhaps it s my lack of sleep so i am more grumpy :)

Anyway great night of fights and all my picks came in

Max
02-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Confirmed here: http://www.cagepotato.com/bj-penns-camp-files-formal-complaint-over-vaseline-st-pierres-back-between-rounds

Pathetic.

Here is the article incase anyone wants to read it but not click on the link

B.J. Penn's camp has filed a formal complaint with the Nevada State Athletic Commission over Vaseline that was allegedly rubbed on Georges St. Pierre's back between rounds one and two. UFC president Dana White said at the post-fight press conference that he was aware of the complaint, and said he personally witnessed members of the commission take the Vaseline away from GSP's camp and rebuke them in the Octagon between rounds.

"I saw the commission jump up there and flipping out," said Dana White. They said one of the guys was rubbing Vaseline on Georges' back in between rounds. It was one and two, I think."

"The guys from the athletic commission went up there and started screaming at them. Knocked the Vaseline and kicked the Vaseline out of the Octagon."

White added that "some Vaseline on a guy's back didn't change the outcome of that fight, but you don't do it," and said the blame should fall on the cornerman responsible and not GSP.

"If a guy was intentionally putting Vaseline on a guy's back, he should never corner a mixed martial arts fight again."

As for what becomes of the complaint now, White said it's out of his hands.

"Who knows. That's up to the commission."

I dont think it would have changed the outcome of the fight but a point should have been taken away IMO.

cubsfan47
02-01-2009, 02:50 PM
:laugh: I dont have sky...the annoying thing is I turned over at half two and thought..."I dont have to watch Primetime...I'll just doze til three... :ninja: "

at 11 I thought..."I've missed it :cry: "

I had my DVR set to record the fight which it did. I have figured out how to have it burn to a DVD while playing back. Good thing too because I passed out while playing it back: too much partying.:laugh:

warriorlion
02-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I dont think it would have changed the outcome of the fight but a point should have been taken away IMO.

for something that he didnt do???

Thats real fair on the fighter getting penalised for the stupidity of a cornerman. come on!!!!!

kevint13
02-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Unfortunately you can only see the aftermath where they are yelling at the corner so you can't see what really happened. GSP stated that the cornerman was rubbing his shoulders and had vaseline on his hands from the last round. Who knows....there is this story and what Dana said. Likely the truth is somewhere in between.

Max
02-01-2009, 03:10 PM
here is a post from mmafighting.net about what happened

I've just watched it again, this is what I saw:

Between R1 & R2: Cornerman applies Vaseline to eyebrows, nose, jaw, shoulders and chest, massages temples then runs hands down his shoulders and rubs his back netween his shoulder blades. Debateable how much Vaseline would still be on his hands as no more was applied after it was applied to GSP's jaw.

Between R2 & R3: We see the NSAC guy in the red jacket waving his hand at one of the cornerman as if to say no/no more. Not clear what he's referring to though.

Between R3 & R4: As soon as round ends GSP's cornerman walks over to him, tub of Vaseline in right hand, guiding GSP to his corner with his left hand on his shoulder blade.
Later same cornerman massages GSP's shoulders presumably after applying Vaseline to GSP, then red jacket guy immediately asks for a towel and wipes GSP's back/shoulders.

Worth remembering that we were watching replays and BJ's corner for much of the time in between rounds so it's impossible to say what was going on at that time.

Those are the facts, make your mind up.

Max
02-01-2009, 03:12 PM
for something that he didnt do???

Thats real fair on the fighter getting penalised for the stupidity of a cornerman. come on!!!!!
what else could they do. you can rub but there is still going to be some left. A warning for the first time it happens and after that you take a point away.

Max
02-01-2009, 03:13 PM
here are gifs of in between the rounds

http://i41.tinypic.com/333dd2x.gif (Between Rd 1 and 2)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2qk8gae.gif (Between Rd 1 and 2)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2cz2g6q.gif (Between Rd 2 and 3)

J.B.
02-01-2009, 03:17 PM
I am just glad BJ lost so we don't have to see him parade around with two belts, licking peoples blood, and running his mouth double time. Last night was proof that Penn is very overrated.

Max
02-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Last night was proof that Penn is very overrated.
it really didnt show that at all. BJ lasted longer than Matt and Serra did. In the end all it showed is that BJ needs to stay at his natural weight.

Josh
02-01-2009, 03:24 PM
He should have had a point taken away but BJ is acting like a baby. He lost that fight by a huge margin and it's on him. He didn't train hard enough, or isn't good enough, or is too small he needs to shut up.

J.B.
02-01-2009, 03:25 PM
it really didnt show that at all. BJ lasted longer than Matt and Serra did. In the end all it showed is that BJ needs to stay at his natural weight.

Matt also BEAT GSP, something Penn could never do.

Serra has NO place in the conversation at all.

I think it needs to be said, just because somebody is overrated does not mean they are not talented, because BJ is most certainly talented. It just means there are too many people (i.e. fanboys) who act like he's the best fighter in the world. BJ Penn is not anywhere near top P4P status, but you could not tell that to the masses of Penn fans before last night, and the excuses are already starting to fly. Hence, this thread.

kevint13
02-01-2009, 03:31 PM
here is a post from mmafighting.net about what happened

I've just watched it again, this is what I saw:

Between R1 & R2: Cornerman applies Vaseline to eyebrows, nose, jaw, shoulders and chest, massages temples then runs hands down his shoulders and rubs his back netween his shoulder blades. Debateable how much Vaseline would still be on his hands as no more was applied after it was applied to GSP's jaw.

Between R2 & R3: We see the NSAC guy in the red jacket waving his hand at one of the cornerman as if to say no/no more. Not clear what he's referring to though.

Between R3 & R4: As soon as round ends GSP's cornerman walks over to him, tub of Vaseline in right hand, guiding GSP to his corner with his left hand on his shoulder blade.
Later same cornerman massages GSP's shoulders presumably after applying Vaseline to GSP, then red jacket guy immediately asks for a towel and wipes GSP's back/shoulders.

Worth remembering that we were watching replays and BJ's corner for much of the time in between rounds so it's impossible to say what was going on at that time.

Those are the facts, make your mind up.

I watched the same thing. I still don't think anyone can make a valid argument to either side. But I can pretty sure that GSP's corner will be a lot more careful in the future.

Max
02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Matt also BEAT GSP, something Penn could never do.

Serra has NO place in the conversation at all.

I think it needs to be said, just because somebody is overrated does not mean they are not talented, because BJ is most certainly talented. It just means there are too many people (i.e. fanboys) who act like he's the best fighter in the world. BJ Penn is not anywhere near top P4P status, but you could not tell that to the masses of Penn fans before last night, and the excuses are already starting to fly. Hence, this thread.
he very well might be the best fighter in the world if weight was not a factor. This fight did nothing to hurt BJ in the P4P rankings. He took a big risk stepping up in weight to take on the best WW in the world. GSP will take that same risk if he chooses to step up and fight Silva. The thing is the little guy is always at a disadvantage in those fights. They are giving up 20 pounds of muscle to a fighter and that is a huge advantage for the bigger fighter. There is a saying out there that a great big guy will always beat a great little guy and that was proven correct tonight.

bradwright
02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
well lets see,,maybe the corner man was rubbing vasaline on GSPs back maybe he wasn't,,i say no matter what he was doing just to be fair take 4 points away,,1 for each round,,BJ would still loses the fight or did nobody see the judges score cards afterward other then me?

Cry baby J lost not because GSP had vaseline on his back but because Georges pounded little BJ into la la land,,
i'm really surprised he just doesn't shut up and go home,,its over BJ and everybody seems to know it but you.

kevint13
02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
he very well might be the best fighter in the world if weight was not a factor. This fight did nothing to hurt BJ in the P4P rankings. He took a big risk stepping up in weight to take on the best WW in the world. GSP will take that same risk if he chooses to step up and fight Silva. The thing is the little guy is always at a disadvantage in those fights. They are giving up 20 pounds of muscle to a fighter and that is a hugh advantage for the bigger fighter. There is a saying out there that a great big guy will always beat a great little guy and that was proven correct tonight.

How did he take a big risk stepping up in weight? He was champion at 170, he beat the best to earn that title. BJ even said that the weight difference would not be an issue, and even looked at is similar to Royce fighting the bigger opponents. In fact, BJ even claims that 170 is his true weight class!

Max
02-01-2009, 03:59 PM
How did he take a big risk stepping up in weight? He was champion at 170, he beat the best to earn that title. BJ even said that the weight difference would not be an issue, and even looked at is similar to Royce fighting the bigger opponents. In fact, BJ even claims that 170 is his true weight class!
BJ is never going to say weight is an issue because BJ thinks he can fight at what ever weight he wants. As for the Royce comment, Royce was fighting people who did not know what BJJ was. Any fighter form now would kill the fighters that Royce beat.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh stop it crybaby he lost get over it:laugh:

NateR
02-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm glad that BJ is making these excuses after this fight. Now when people try to bring up the rib injury that happened during Matt's last fight against BJ, we can just point them to this and show that BJ frequently rolls out the excuse machine when he loses a fight.

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 04:21 PM

You can actually see GSP doing the same thing to himself before the fight starts.. there ae three pressure points on your chest (that I know of) to invoke deep breathing and "clamness".. it's part of the governing vessel in the body.

press and rub the back.. very relaxing.. but I also see what you mean..

not that BJ stood much of a chance anyway,.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Besides, did you guys not see the way Georges man handled Penn? A jar of Vaseline didnt give him the power to let him move Penn around on the ground and keep him in total control in the end there now did it? If it did, well, that was one hell of a jar of Vaseline:laugh:

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Besides, did you guys not see the way Georges man handled Penn? A jar of Vaseline didnt give him the power to let him move Penn around on the ground and keep him in total control in the end there now did it? If it did, well, that was one hell of a jar of Vaseline:laugh:

Well.. Baby jay sure wasn't able to lock in his legs on GSPs shoulders.... But that may have been due to the Canadian Bacon that GSP was forcing down his throat...WITH HIS FISTS!!!

J.B.
02-01-2009, 05:04 PM
he very well might be the best fighter in the world if weight was not a factor. This fight did nothing to hurt BJ in the P4P rankings. He took a big risk stepping up in weight to take on the best WW in the world. GSP will take that same risk if he chooses to step up and fight Silva. The thing is the little guy is always at a disadvantage in those fights. They are giving up 20 pounds of muscle to a fighter and that is a huge advantage for the bigger fighter. There is a saying out there that a great big guy will always beat a great little guy and that was proven correct tonight.

If weight was not a factor? :laugh:

Maybe they should have a rubber match on the moon. :w00t:

Seriously, lets not talk in hypothetical scenarios. How can anybody possibly say that he is one of the top P4P fighters after that performance? I give BJ credit for all he has accomplished and for his raw talent, but I don't see him as being near the top of the heap anymore. Staying at 155 and cleaning house against b-level competition may help solidify his legacy, but he still does not live up to all the hype put out by his hardcore fans, and even himself.

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Seriously, lets not talk in hypothetical scenarios. How can anybody possibly say that he is one of the top P4P fighters after that performance? I give BJ credit for all he has accomplished and for his raw talent, but I don't see him as being near the top of the heap anymore. Staying at 155 and cleaning house against b-level competition may help solidify his legacy, but he still does not live up to all the hype put out by his hardcore fans, and even himself.

:sign0011:

bradwright
02-01-2009, 05:23 PM

you know what max? BJ said before the fight that the size difference would not be a factor,,that he was going to go out and kick GSPs asss,,maybe even kill him,,or at least decapitate him,,
well while all this trash talking was going on GSP was training for the fight,,something Penn should have thought about instead of running his mouth,,
the only thing he accomplished was having his name removed from the best pound for pound fighter that ever lived list,

everybody was saying BJ had nothing to lose taking this fight and GSP had nothing to gain,,well Georges knew different,,now cry Baby J is just another good fighter and Georges creeps up the ladder a little more in the best MMA fighter to ever live list,,and BJ,,well lets just say he better start training like never before because the rest of the guys a 155 know how to beat him now,

ufcfan2
02-01-2009, 05:42 PM
You can actually see GSP doing the same thing to himself before the fight starts.. there ae three pressure points on your chest (that I know of) to invoke deep breathing and "clamness".. it's part of the governing vessel in the body.

press and rub the back.. very relaxing.. but I also see what you mean..

not that BJ stood much of a chance anyway,.
Maybe while he was rubbing his back/shoulders might of been some oil on those hands :)

GSP did look awefully shiny each round:frantics: BJ looked horrible it almost seemed he did'nt throw one punch the whole fight. I kindof want to see a rematch and this time BJ needs to wear ankle wraps to help him out.
I dare say though BJ looked worse than Karo did:tongue0011: and Karo has legit excuses to be in bad sync.

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 05:44 PM
GSP's corner is rubbing the vaseline on the body ... who knows what advantage it gave him ... after the second round when they caught it the first time i believe phil nurse (i think that's his name) had a look on his face like are you serious? or maybe even like damn ... i really don't think it mattered ... but you never know .... i want to see what comes out of this ..

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 05:44 PM
I had my DVR set to record the fight which it did. I have figured out how to have it burn to a DVD while playing back. Good thing too because I passed out while playing it back: too much partying.:laugh:
:laugh: wish I could say the same! I must have needed all the sleep though :)

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 05:47 PM
what else could they do. you can rub but there is still going to be some left. A warning for the first time it happens and after that you take a point away.
Hasnt GSP instructed his cornerman what to do and what not to do?

how many other times has he done this where it might have made a difference to the result?

Those are the questions that will be raised by this. Still think its REALLY low of Penn to take issue

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Oh stop it crybaby he lost get over it:laugh:
:laugh: GSP just wanted a friendly touch thats all :laugh:

Max
02-01-2009, 05:50 PM

when you talk P4P you are talking hypothetical scenarios. P4P means "judging quality purely per pound of weight one fighter is better than all the rest. All things being propotionatly the same, which fighter would be the best across all weight classes". and since when is 155 B level competition??? 155 might be one of the deepest divisions in MMA. The UFC has a great 155 div and there are a ton of great 155 fighters that are not in the UFC

J.B.
02-01-2009, 07:15 PM
when you talk P4P you are talking hypothetical scenarios. P4P means "judging quality purely per pound of weight one fighter is better than all the rest. All things being propotionatly the same, which fighter would be the best across all weight classes". and since when is 155 B level competition??? 155 might be one of the deepest divisions in MMA. The UFC has a great 155 div and there are a ton of great 155 fighters that are not in the UFC

My opinion on P4P is a bit different, but also an accepted view.

There are actually two ways of looking at P4P rankings, and while I agree with that definition to certain degree, I think that the actual P4P rankings are based on some more things than just a fighters perceived talent.

Most people who have been acclaimed as top P4P fighters actually have some sort of success in MULTIPLE weight classes. Of course, BJ has done that, but not in quite some time. That is NOT hypothetical, that is based on outcomes of ACTUAL fights. Thats why I prefer to reserve talking about P4P rankings for only a SELECT few fighters. Fighters who actually have shown the ability to move up and down in weight and be successful. I will give you that BJ could be in the conversation, but he's not at the top of the ladder for P4P. Albeit, it's not a very big list since not many fighters have really juggled multiple weight classes in MMA successfully.

Of course weight makes a difference. Thats why the idea of ranking fighters from different weight classes all together and including fighters who only fight in one weight class makes no sense. It's purely novelty at that point, and a large chunk of it is just based on opinion. I think if the scope is narrowed to just fighters who actually fight in multiple weight classes it is better way to use the term.

Hughes_GOAT
02-01-2009, 07:19 PM
doesn't matter, Fedor everyone

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 07:20 PM
doesn't matter, Fedor everyone
:ninja: Fedor Indeed :ninja:

sasquatch
02-01-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm sad to hear this.
If GSP was getting greased, he would know it and should have told his corner to stop.
But then I don't know how greased he actually was.

Why does every fight have to have controversy?:sad:

Max
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Most people who have been acclaimed as top P4P fighters actually have some sort of success in MULTIPLE weight classes.
then who would you rank in your P4P list. Silva has had 1 fight at LHW, GSP has never fought outside 170, Fedor has all his fights at HW. Those 3 guys and BJ make up everyones top P4P list.

kevint13
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
then who would you rank in your P4P list. Silva has had 1 fight at LHW, GSP has never fought outside 170, Fedor has all his fights at HW. Those 3 guys and BJ make up everyones top P4P list.

You're right....but I think he is referring to boxing.

Max
02-01-2009, 09:18 PM
You're right....but I think he is referring to boxing.
he said BJ Penn is not anywhere near top P4P status, . If he is talking about boxing I agree with him. BJ is not top P4P in boxing

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm sad to hear this.
If GSP was getting greased, he would know it and should have told his corner to stop.

:ashamed: cheer up Sas! Penn will fight again.:)

kevint13
02-01-2009, 09:23 PM
he said . If he is talking about boxing I agree with him. BJ is not top P4P in boxing

I revoke what I said...I should read more before I jump in, my bad.

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm sad to hear this.

Cause someone has to lose.. and the nuthuggers have to complain about it since they don't have significant others to snuggle with after the PPVs

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 01:17 AM
whoever mentioned something about stimulating pressure points is right. If anyone gets a chance RE WATCH the introductions...GSP tries to apply pressure to his own chest and back in the same places his corner man does later. He tries TWICE in the time it takes Buffer to introduce the pair

J.B.
02-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Of course I am not suggesting BJ is a boxer....:rolleyes:

What I said was that I disagree with people's view of P4P in general.
The system that people are using to rate "P4P" when it comes to MMA is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. The idea of a P4P champion came from boxing, but it still has traditionally recognized fighters that do have success in multiple weight divisions.

Sure, we can rank fighters across all weight divisions based on "perceived skill", but in my opinion that is nothing more than an opinion poll. If the guys we are putting in the P4P ranking only fight in one division each, they will never fight each other, thus making the "P4P" rankings somewhat pointless. Though still fun to argue over, lol.

Like I said in my other post, the list for P4P in MMA would be short in my opinion. Not too many guys are constantly bouncing around, and there are only a handful who could actually do it successfully. I don't see Penn as being a guy who is going to be successful in any other division before the end of his career, thus he is not top P4P anymore in my opinion. He will stay fighting at 155 and probably clean house. What I meant by b-level competition was that BJ is on a level above just about everybody else I can think of at 155, thus making the competition sub-par. Sure, he could take on some other fights at 170, but for what? What other fights would make sense at this point? Hughes vs Penn 3?

I don't like BJ, but I don't deny that he is one of the best fighters in MMA. I just don't agree with the P4P status, or the P4P system for that matter.

Max
02-02-2009, 04:36 AM
What I meant by b-level competition was that BJ is on a level above just about everybody else I can think of at 155, thus making the competition sub-par.
so GSP, Silva and Fedor all face sub-par competion as well then.

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 04:48 AM
there are some GIFS up on Sherdog that show GSP getting shinier between rounds, LOL. this isn't the first time someone has been accused of greasing. it's smart (not ethical) because it renders the opponents guard useless. then, when they try to hold onto half guard, GSP can pull right through like nothing. i was wondering how GSP was able to get through Penn's guard so easily....GSP is great but c'mon, it was too easy. i think there could be something to this.

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 04:50 AM

Fedor should fight GSP, Silva and whoever else is supposed to be P4P the greatest, all in the same night. :laugh:

Fedor fights guys 100+ pounds heavier than him and a foot taller sometimes....let him be the bigger guy for once.

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 04:50 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MMA/gspGnPpenn.gif

WAR VASELINE! I can see how Penn lost because of it:laugh:

NateR
02-02-2009, 04:52 AM
there are some GIFS up on Sherdog that show GSP getting shinier between rounds, LOL. this isn't the first time someone has been accused of greasing. it's smart (not ethical) because it renders the opponents guard useless. then, when they try to hold onto half guard, GSP can pull right through like nothing. i was wondering how GSP was able to get through Penn's guard so easily....GSP is great but c'mon, it was too easy. i think there could be something to this.

BJ is not the first fighter that GSP has faced who has commented on his "greasiness." BJ is just the first one to publicly say anything about it. :ninja:

Max
02-02-2009, 04:54 AM
BJ is not the first fighter that GSP has faced who has commented on his "greasiness." BJ is just the first one to publicly say anything about it. :ninja:
very interesting

que
02-02-2009, 04:54 AM
you can see between rounds when his cornerman rubs vasaline on his back. georges even admitted it in the ESPN postfight interview and greg jackson walked up to rudy valentino and apologized about it after the fight was over. and before the third bell rang, the athletic commision almost halted the fight when they saw it happen, thus causing all the commosion in his corner. it's not speculation, it's a fact. it did not change the outcome of the fight, but GSP cheated

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 04:55 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MMA/gspGnPpenn.gif

WAR VASELINE! I can see how Penn lost because of it:laugh:

Michelle, if he greased, it helped because the guard would be useless since his llegs would have no traction. it would only get worse as the fight went on and he sweated. GSP got out of Penn's guard way too easy and maybe it was because he was too slick from having his legs wrapped around GSP's greased upper body. there is a reason why his cornerman put it on....it helps against guys with great guards.

Max
02-02-2009, 04:56 AM
georges even admitted it in the ESPN postfight interview and greg jackson walked up to rudy valentino and apologized about it after the fight was over.
so even Jackson knew GSP was cheating if he felt he had to apologize for it.

I wonder how that conversation went by the way

"hey man sorry GSP needed to cheat but he felt that there was no way he could pass BJ's guard with out "help". I hope you understand"

NateR
02-02-2009, 04:56 AM
georges even admitted it in the ESPN postfight interview and greg jackson walked up to rudy valentino and apologized about it after the fight was over.

So, the question is, was GSP sorry about having the Vaseline rubbed on him, or sorry he got caught?

Max
02-02-2009, 04:57 AM
So, the question is, was GSP sorry about having the Vaseline rubbed on him, or sorry he got caught?
sorry he got caught IMO.

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 04:58 AM
BJ should have stayed on his feet then. :laugh:

~Amy

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 04:59 AM
it did not change the outcome of the fight, but GSP cheated

it changed it my mind. Penn couldn't work his guard like he wanted and ended up taking punishment he wouldn't have otherwise since his guard would have been fully functional.

it sounds like sour grapes but his cornerman did it for a reason......it gives an advantage to guys slipping through guards.

instead of focusing on "making excuses" focus on the fact that GSP gained an illegal advantage that helped him control Penn on the ground.

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 05:00 AM
Well whats his excuse here?
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MMA/gspsuperman.gif

Michelle, if he greased, it helped because the guard would be useless since his llegs would have no traction. it would only get worse as the fight went on and he sweated. GSP got out of Penn's guard way too easy and maybe it was because he was too slick from having his legs wrapped around GSP's greased upper body. there is a reason why his cornerman put it on....it helps against guys with great guards.

J.B.
02-02-2009, 05:00 AM

No, I was talking specifically about BJ Penn and the current Lightweight Division. Although I might be willing to put Silva on that pedestal at 185 as well.

Max
02-02-2009, 05:02 AM
No, I was talking specifically about BJ Penn and the current Lightweight Division. Although I might be willing to put Silva on that pedestal at 185 as well.
why not GSP and Fedor then?? Fedor has killed every fighter he has fought and once GSP beats Alves there will be no more tough fights for him for a while.

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:02 AM
BJ should have stayed on his feet then. :laugh:

~Amy

no one is staying on their feet against GSP

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:04 AM

sorry he got caught. GSP isn't stupid, he knew his cornerman was doing it.

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 05:04 AM
no one is staying on their feet against GSP

That's no excuse. :wink:

~Amy

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:05 AM
Well whats his excuse here?
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MMA/gspsuperman.gif

that didn't lose him the fight. if GSP was more confident in his stand-up, he may have actually tried that more. he was smart and took him down like i knew he would. i didn't know he would grease though.:Whistle:

sasquatch
02-02-2009, 05:06 AM
This isn't looking too good for GSP.

Looks like we need a third fight.

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:06 AM
That's no excuse. :wink:

~Amy

:wink:

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:07 AM

the fight should be erased from the record books or give it to Penn by default. but only if there's is a hearing and all parties are convinced this happened. right now it's obvious it did. things change in time though.

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Then what about....

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MMA/gspoops.jpg

oh wait.....wrong one but....do you see a pattern here?

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 05:10 AM
He would still whoop Penn's ass even if there wasnt a jar of vaseline within 100 miles :wink:

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:10 AM

correct :cool:

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:11 AM
He would still whoop Penn's ass even if there wasnt a jar of vaseline within 100 miles :wink:

no doubt he'd be more than likely to win, but at least Penn would be able to use his guard.

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:12 AM
Then what about....

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MMA/gspoops.jpg

oh wait.....wrong one but....do you see a pattern here?

like Nate said, GSP has been accused before.

sasquatch
02-02-2009, 05:15 AM
I wanna see what Matts going to say about the fight.

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:19 AM
better yet was GSP a little greasy any of the times Matt fought him LOl.

sasquatch
02-02-2009, 05:24 AM
better yet was GSP a little greasy any of the times Matt fought him LOl.
Thats why I want to hear what Matt says.

This dissapoints me, I like GSP.

NateR
02-02-2009, 05:25 AM
I guess who needs steroids, when a jar of Vaseline will do the trick?
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Barada73/GeorgesStPierre.jpg

(I'm sorry for the picture, it's just that the BJ Penn fans have been getting picked on all day, so I thought I'd give them some ammunition. I just wish I could come up with a witty caption to go with it. Okay, I'm not really that sorry for the picture. :) )

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:27 AM

(I'm sorry for the picture, it's just that the BJ Penn fans have been getting picked on all day, so I thought I'd give them some ammunition. I just wish I could come up with a witty caption to go with it. Okay, I'm not really that sorry for the picture. :) )

or in GSP's case use both :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 05:29 AM
:angry:

MMeh
02-02-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm still not buying it - IF it was that big of an issue, BJ's corner should have done more. This is also the same BJ Penn who has accused virtually everyone he's lost to of some kind of doping/cheating/etc., so considering the source, I'm calling sour grapes.

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Sas, don't even worry abut it. Just stay in the happy place with me! :party0006:

Thats why I want to hear what Matt says.

This dissapoints me, I like GSP.

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 05:31 AM
I'm still not buying it - IF it was that big of an issue, BJ's corner should have done more. This is also the same BJ Penn who has accused virtually everyone he's lost to of some kind of doping/cheating/etc., so considering the source, I'm calling sour grapes.

well in Sherk's case he was right though he didn't lose to him. and GSP's corner already apologized for the greasing so they're not denying it. :blink:

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 05:33 AM
I agree. BJ has thee biggest mouth before and after a fight. Pure A1 all around loser if you ask me.

GnP
02-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Think this is the most ridiculous post fight excuse BJ has ever come up with, but for those who want to believe anything bad about GSP here is the response, pretty hard to argue against seen as he was towled down inbetween rounds on camera

The fighters of Greg Jackson’s team are no strangers to ritual inside the Octagon.

First there’s the “Jackson nipple tweak,” a bizarre, if amusing, twist of the nipples his fighters often do before fighting, believed to prepare them for intense battle inside the Octagon.

Now, there appears to be a new ritual in Jackson’s camp, and it’s the source of controversy following Georges St. Pierre’s rout of B.J. Penn at Saturday’s UFC 94.

St. Pierre’s cornermen, including Jackson, were at the center of a storm at UFC 94 after officials from the Nevada State Athletic Commission approached them during the fight to investigate allegations that they were applying Vasoline to St. Pierre in between rounds.

Jackson spoke to MMAWeekly.com on Sunday afternoon and said the misunderstanding arose after Phil Nurse, one of St. Pierre’s cornermen, executed a ritual taught by a member of St. Pierre’s team, a “witch doctor” named Steven Friend.

“So in between rounds, (Friend) had this little drill that you do – and Phil Nurse is the one who knows how to do it – he showed Phil, and this is what Georges wanted, so we did that,” Jackson said. “But this is why we were doing it. He rubbed your back and tapped your chest; I don’t know exactly how it works. But anyways, what that’s supposed to do is get your energy in line, or motivated or whatever. So in between rounds, we had Phil Nurse do that.”

Jackson said St. Pierre has worked with Friend for years, since the French Canadian began training at Jackson’s academy in Albuquerque, N.M. Jackson says Friend has also worked with Matt Hughes and Randy Couture in preparation for their fights. Friend was featured in the sixth season of “The Ultimate Fighter” as a guest of Hughes.

“The controversy came because Phil Nurse also was putting Vasoline on Georges’ eyebrows,” Jackson elaborated. “In between rounds, you always want to put on Vasoline on (a fighter’s face). So Phil Nurse put all the Vasoline on his face, so his hands might have had a miniscule amount left over from that, when he went around the side and rubbed a little point on his back, and tapped on his chest.

“At that point, somebody in the audience thought we were greasing George down, and ran over and told the commission that we were greasing his body down. The commission came in and said ‘you can’t grease him down,’ which didn’t work. They said ‘you’re putting Vasoline on his back,’ and Phil’s like, ‘oh, there might be a little on my fingers, but it wasn’t intentional at all, and of course they wiped it right off and it was gone, so it wasn’t a factor in the fight at all.”

Indeed, much of the fight played out with St. Pierre on top of Penn, doling out a vicious ground and pound attack. Jackson said after a little explaining, the commission realized what was going on.

“We told our side of the story, we said didn’t mean to put any grease anywhere,” he said. “If we were trying to grease the back we’d be greasing up and down, we would make it count. We wouldn’t do a little tiny spot in the back. The whole thing doesn’t make any sense, so they were fine with it once we gave our explanation. It wasn’t like we were taking gobs of Vasoline and slathering on his back. They didn’t understand the drill that the witch doctor was having us do, and so it looked that way. It didn’t effect the fight at all.”

At this point, no formal complaint has been filed with the NSAC. The popular trainer chalks the whole incident up to fan paranoia.

“The whole greasing thing is pretty ridiculous,” he said. “You can’t grease somebody up. You just couldn’t do it. They check your body before you get into the cage, there’s an inspector right there. In order for us to grease him up, it would be insane. There are cameras everywhere. We don’t cheat. We don’t need to cheat to win.”

Jackson said he wasn’t aware if St. Pierre’s ritual was related to the infamous “nipple tweak,” as the whole business was “out of his domain.” As long as it made his fighter feel better, he was all for it.

“If it works, we’re going to use it,” he said.

timmyja
02-02-2009, 08:50 AM
So.... if the athletic commission, hypothetically speaking of course, were to overturn the win due to greasing... Would I get my $100 back from bet.com?

:huh:

Neezar
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
No way this was an honest mistake! These are experienced cornermen!

“So in between rounds, (Friend) had this little drill that you do – and Phil Nurse is the one who knows how to do it – he showed Phil, and this is what Georges wanted, so we did that,” Jackson said. “But this is why we were doing it. He rubbed your back and tapped your chest; I don’t know exactly how it works. But anyways, what that’s supposed to do is get your energy in line, or motivated or whatever. So in between rounds, we had Phil Nurse do that.”

“The controversy came because Phil Nurse also was putting Vasoline on Georges’ eyebrows,” Jackson elaborated. “In between rounds, you always want to put on Vasoline on (a fighter’s face). So Phil Nurse put all the Vasoline on his face, so his hands might have had a miniscule amount left over from that, when he went around the side and rubbed a little point on his back, and tapped on his chest.

If Phil Nurse is doing the Vasoline then you don't let him rub his shoulders and back without cleaning your hands.

Phil’s like, ‘oh, there might be a little on my fingers, but it wasn’t intentional at all, and of course they wiped it right off and it was gone, so it wasn’t a factor in the fight at all.”

Might be? :huh: :laugh:

“The whole greasing thing is pretty ridiculous,” he said. “You can’t grease somebody up. You just couldn’t do it. They check your body before you get into the cage, there’s an inspector right there. In order for us to grease him up, it would be insane. There are cameras everywhere. We don’t cheat. We don’t need to cheat to win.” Isn't that the perfect place to do it and claim innocence? :ninja:

This is crazy! If greasing gave you no advantage then it wouldn't be against the rules! Even though I agree that it might not have made a difference in this fight we will just never know now, will we? I am very disappointed.

That makes it all the more sad.

NateR
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Think this is the most ridiculous post fight excuse BJ has ever come up with, but for those who want to believe anything bad about GSP here is the response, pretty hard to argue against seen as he was towled down inbetween rounds on camera

The fighters of Greg Jackson’s team are no strangers to ritual inside the Octagon.

First there’s the “Jackson nipple tweak,” a bizarre, if amusing, twist of the nipples his fighters often do before fighting, believed to prepare them for intense battle inside the Octagon.

Now, there appears to be a new ritual in Jackson’s camp, and it’s the source of controversy following Georges St. Pierre’s rout of B.J. Penn at Saturday’s UFC 94.

St. Pierre’s cornermen, including Jackson, were at the center of a storm at UFC 94 after officials from the Nevada State Athletic Commission approached them during the fight to investigate allegations that they were applying Vasoline to St. Pierre in between rounds.

Jackson spoke to MMAWeekly.com on Sunday afternoon and said the misunderstanding arose after Phil Nurse, one of St. Pierre’s cornermen, executed a ritual taught by a member of St. Pierre’s team, a “witch doctor” named Steven Friend.

Jackson said St. Pierre has worked with Friend for years, since the French Canadian began training at Jackson’s academy in Albuquerque, N.M. Jackson says Friend has also worked with Matt Hughes and Randy Couture in preparation for their fights. Friend was featured in the sixth season of “The Ultimate Fighter” as a guest of Hughes.

“At that point, somebody in the audience thought we were greasing George down, and ran over and told the commission that we were greasing his body down. The commission came in and said ‘you can’t grease him down,’ which didn’t work. They said ‘you’re putting Vasoline on his back,’ and Phil’s like, ‘oh, there might be a little on my fingers, but it wasn’t intentional at all, and of course they wiped it right off and it was gone, so it wasn’t a factor in the fight at all.”

Indeed, much of the fight played out with St. Pierre on top of Penn, doling out a vicious ground and pound attack. Jackson said after a little explaining, the commission realized what was going on.

“We told our side of the story, we said didn’t mean to put any grease anywhere,” he said. “If we were trying to grease the back we’d be greasing up and down, we would make it count. We wouldn’t do a little tiny spot in the back. The whole thing doesn’t make any sense, so they were fine with it once we gave our explanation. It wasn’t like we were taking gobs of Vasoline and slathering on his back. They didn’t understand the drill that the witch doctor was having us do, and so it looked that way. It didn’t effect the fight at all.”

At this point, no formal complaint has been filed with the NSAC. The popular trainer chalks the whole incident up to fan paranoia.

“The whole greasing thing is pretty ridiculous,” he said. “You can’t grease somebody up. You just couldn’t do it. They check your body before you get into the cage, there’s an inspector right there. In order for us to grease him up, it would be insane. There are cameras everywhere. We don’t cheat. We don’t need to cheat to win.”

Jackson said he wasn’t aware if St. Pierre’s ritual was related to the infamous “nipple tweak,” as the whole business was “out of his domain.” As long as it made his fighter feel better, he was all for it.

I would be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if there were not comments from other fighters, that GSP has defeated, about his "greasiness."

Neezar
02-02-2009, 02:19 PM
In a way this loss might have been enough to at least lead to my hope that he'll now lose the LW title out of dispear rather then being overstretched.

How cruel.

Neezar
02-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I would be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if there were not comments from other fighters, that GSP has defeated, about his "greasiness."

I won't give them the benefit of the doubt. They are well versed in the rules of the game. :angry: Again, NO WAY that was an accident.

bradwright
02-02-2009, 02:22 PM
if my back seems a little greasy Dana its from all da bacon i've been eating,,How's that nate?I guess who needs steroids, when a jar of Vaseline will do the trick?

NateR
02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
if my back seems a little greasy Dana its from all da bacon i've been eating,,How's that nate?

That's pretty good, reminds me of the "bacon explosion" recipe I was hearing about on the radio this morning. :laugh:

How about: "Vaseline - Because you want a smooth ride to a championship victory."

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
HEY! :angry:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/Laughgiggle.gif

How about: "Vaseline - Because you want a smooth ride to a championship victory."

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
The cornermen did it. Not GSP:unsure-1:

I won't give them the benefit of the doubt. They are well versed in the rules of the game. :angry: Again, NO WAY that was an accident.

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM

:laugh: thats FANTASTIC welldone!

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I think they are both true.

I think Georges does grease in that manner and probably has done before. Whilst I dont think it would have effected the outcome verses Penn...You have to wonder whether it would have effected other outcomes previously

Secondly, I think there is truth in this ritual, for if you watch GSP during the introductions by Bruce Buffer, you see him doing it TO HIMSELF with obviously no grease.

So either GSP didnt realize he was getting greased and he's been duped just like us assuming that this ritual was alright (he did it to himself, he feels someone else doing it to him) OR the Ritual is being used as a cover up...therefore GSP doing that to himself obviously before the round, was deliberatley to make it look like a harmless ritual.

If its the former, then he's only guilty through stupidity...if its the latter, he's a malicious cheat whose doing extra to cover the chances of being found out...creating an excuse for himself in the event that what happened last night happens

What we need to do is watch his other matches and see...Has GSP always used this ritual...if the answer is yes...he's probably a long term cheat...if the answer is no...he probably only did it this time because he had a hell of a lot more to lose then Penn.

Either way...we can all now STFU about him being a "classy" guy.

TDPARKASH
02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Grease, have you watched the action in-between rounds?. I think people are acting like his trainer was putting vaseline all over his back. If they greased, that was the worst greasing job I have ever seen in my life. By pressing two spots in his back, and massaging his shoulders would not give him a competitive advantage in that fight. GSP won because of his effecitve execution of his gameplan.

I think they are both true.

I think Georges does grease in that manner and probably has done before. Whilst I dont think it would have effected the outcome verses Penn...You have to wonder whether it would have effected other outcomes previously

Secondly, I think there is truth in this ritual, for if you watch GSP during the introductions by Bruce Buffer, you see him doing it TO HIMSELF with obviously no grease.

So either GSP didnt realize he was getting greased and he's been duped just like us assuming that this ritual was alright (he did it to himself, he feels someone else doing it to him) OR the Ritual is being used as a cover up...therefore GSP doing that to himself obviously before the round, was deliberatley to make it look like a harmless ritual.

If its the former, then he's only guilty through stupidity...if its the latter, he's a malicious cheat whose doing extra to cover the chances of being found out...creating an excuse for himself in the event that what happened last night happens

What we need to do is watch his other matches and see...Has GSP always used this ritual...if the answer is yes...he's probably a long term cheat...if the answer is no...he probably only did it this time because he had a hell of a lot more to lose then Penn.

Either way...we can all now STFU about him being a "classy" guy.

Preach
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM

GSP is a cheater or as he would say Cheeder. I have always thought he was and will always think that. I feel the reason he has dropped out of fights had alot to do with his cycle. I also believe that it was intentional with the vasoline and no one on here will change my opinion. Also if you look around GSP's nipples there are tell tell signs or roids and no I am not gay. But there is a lot of fatty tissue around the nipple which is common on roid users. Sorry to break all you GSP followers heart but GSP has to have an advantage in order to win. So instead of work he cheats

Preach
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Grease, have you watched the action in-between rounds?. I think people are acting like his trainer was putting vaseline all over his back. If they greased, that was the worst greasing job I have ever seen in my life. By pressing two spots in his back, and massaging his shoulders would not give him a competitive advantage in that fight. GSP won because of his effecitve execution of his gameplan.

HGH

TDPARKASH
02-02-2009, 03:20 PM
People on this forum are making excuses like BJ is. He is definitely the Best WW in the world right now, and i think people have a hard time accepting that.

bradwright
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
GSP is a cheater or as he would say Cheeder. I have always thought he was and will always think that. I feel the reason he has dropped out of fights had alot to do with his cycle. I also believe that it was intentional with the vasoline and no one on here will change my opinion. Also if you look around GSP's nipples there are tell tell signs or roids and no I am not gay. But there is a lot of fatty tissue around the nipple which is common on roid users. Sorry to break all you GSP followers heart but GSP has to have an advantage in order to win. So instead of work he cheats

your right Preach GSP has never work out a day in his life,,
its all roids and vaseline,,
thats why BJ couldn't do anything standing up GSP didn't use vaseline for the slippery advantage he used it because it made him faster,,Greased lightning in a jar !!!!!

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Like I said...I dont think it had an effect on this Fight...but the problem with something like this is it raises questions about his integrity...and it wouldnt be the first time ive come across them

Was he cheating?
Does he Grease?
Does he use Steroids?

How long has he done these?
Which opponents has he beaten and disrespected because of it?

Is he classy?
Is he worthy of the Championship?

Those Questions are raised...and now people will talk and talk for months about this. its a scandle...the cornerman should have known better! GSP should have known better...if they are innocent then they have acted like fools to make themselves look guilty. DONT have a cornerman touch grease and massargae your pressure points in that order between rounds...thats NOT rocket science...whether it makes a difference or not, dont do it, it looks bad...perception becomes reality...and before you know it...your looging on to find people calling you cheats, to find people with funny pictures of you...that could all have been avoided with a dillegent Corner crew.

If he's guilty he deserves this, if he's innocent, its his stupidity thats caused this.

bradwright
02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Like I said...I dont think it had an effect on this Fight...but the problem with something like this is it raises questions about his integrity...and it wouldnt be the first time ive come across them

Was he cheating?
Does he Grease?
Does he use Steroids?

Is he classy?

Those Questions are raised...and now people will talk and talk for months about this. its a scandle...the cornerman should have known better! GSP should have known better...if they are innocent then they have acted like fools to make themselves look guilty. DONT have a cornerman touch grease and massargae your pressure points in that order between rounds...thats NOT rocket science...whether it makes a difference or not, dont do it, it looks bad...perception becomes reality...and before you know it...your looging on to find people calling you cheats, to find people with funny pictures of you...that could all have been avoided with a dillegent Corner crew.

If he's guilty he deserves this, if he's innocent, its his stupidity thats caused this.

was he cheating you ask? most definitely the proof is every where!!
just ask anybody that doesn't like him,,

does he grease you ask?again he must be because everyone is saying it but you know i looked all over the Internet for the proof and i guess my computer skills really suck because i couldn't find it anywhere,,

does he use steroids you ask?he really must use them because with out them he would never be able to beat Baby J like that,,

this really is starting to sound like a bunch of really sour grapes here,,
when you guys get a minute maybe try looking for some proof.

TDPARKASH
02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
or it could be an honest mistake by someone in his camp.

Was he cheating?
Does he Grease?
Does he use Steroids?

Is he classy?

rockdawg21
02-02-2009, 04:06 PM
BJ Complaining GSP Greased?!?
I guess it's better than complaining about juicing.

GnP
02-02-2009, 04:07 PM

This is now officaly the dumbest argument i have ever read. people claiming he has always cheated etc etc you guys should write for the sun (english crap paper for those of you who have managed to avoid their bile)

You counter your own argument by saying you always thought he cheated and no one would ever convince you otherwise, essentially what you are saying is you have always disliked him and now some Hawaiian idiot that can't take been beaten has given you a reason to pin it to.

The amount of grease needed to be effective would have to be delivered in a VAT not simply two small spots on his back, his shoulders even less so as they are rubbed last so he would therefore have nothing of this mythical grease left on his hands.

As for people calling into question his character he has and always be a classy guy get over yourselves you have all just jumped on this an excuse to try and taint what was a phenomenal display simply because you have an agenda against a fighter.

TDPARKASH
02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
QFT- right on.

This is now officaly the dumbest argument i have ever read. people claiming he has always cheated etc etc you guys should write for the sun (english crap paper for those of you who have managed to avoid their bile)

You counter your own argument by saying you always thought he cheated and no one would ever convince you otherwise, essentially what you are saying is you have always disliked him and now some Hawaiian idiot that can't take been beaten has given you a reason to pin it to.

The amount of grease needed to be effective would have to be delivered in a VAT not simply two small spots on his back, his shoulders even less so as they are rubbed last so he would therefore have nothing of this mythical grease left on his hands.

As for people calling into question his character he has and always be a classy guy get over yourselves you have all just jumped on this an excuse to try and taint what was a phenomenal display simply because you have an agenda against a fighter.

bradwright
02-02-2009, 04:23 PM
there has been a lot of talk on here in the last day or so about how GSP is a cheater,,he is on steroids you say,,he was intentionally being greased by his corner man your saying,,
well heres your chance to prove it,,just give me a link to any video,article or any admission of guilt and then we can all bash him together,,i'm sure some of you must have some proof,:unsure-1:

NateR
02-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Personally, I'm not a BJ Penn fan, so I'm not making excuses for his loss. Like I mentioned before, this is not the first time that I've heard a fighter mention that GSP felt greasy or unusually slippery during a fight. Otherwise I'd be willing to just chalk it up to BJ making more excuses.

BJ's camp is just the first to try to make a federal case out of it, which makes it the first time that most MMA fans are hearing about this. So I can understand the skepticism from GSP fans, but I think there is more to this than BJ just making excuses.

GnP
02-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Personally, I'm not a BJ Penn fan, so I'm not making excuses for his loss. Like I mentioned before, this is not the first time that I've heard a fighter mention that GSP felt greasy or unusually slippery during a fight. Otherwise I'd be willing to just chalk it up to BJ making more excuses.

BJ's camp is just the first to try to make a federal case out of it, which makes it the first time that most MMA fans are hearing about this. So I can understand the skepticism from GSP fans, but I think there is more to this than BJ just making excuses.

I really struggle to believe that all the people GSP has fought especially Fitch who has recently proven he is more than able to speak his mind would not have made more of this, Sorry but i just chalk this up to another broken rib story

NateR
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
there has been a lot of talk on here in the last day or so about how GSP is a cheater,,he is on steroids you say,,he was intentionally being greased by his corner man your saying,,
well heres your chance to prove it,,just give me a link to any video,article or any admission of guilt and then we can all bash him together,,i'm sure some of you must have some proof,:unsure-1:

You're not going to find proof for something like this on the internet, otherwise you wouldn't just now be hearing about it. Everything is just suspicion right now. However, there is enough suspicion from different sources that I believe the issue warrants a deeper investigation, if for no other reason than to preserve the integrity of the UFC.

NateR
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I really struggle to believe that all the people GSP has fought especially Fitch who has recently proven he is more than able to speak his mind would not have made more of this, Sorry but i just chalk this up to another broken rib story

That's understandable. Again, there is no proof, just suspicion right now.

bradwright
02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
You're not going to find proof for something like this on the internet, otherwise you wouldn't just now be hearing about it. Everything is just suspicion right now. However, there is enough suspicion from different sources that I believe the issue warrants a deeper investigation, if for no other reason than to preserve the integrity of the UFC.

well nate you put that very eliquently but its not the suspicion that bothers me its some of the people on here that say they know he's on roids and know for sure hes cheating in some way,,its those people im asking for proof from not you Nate,,
we all have suspicions about different fighters but until the proof comes in some people should refrain from stating it as fact and its those people i'm asking for the proof from because they evidently have some knowledge the rest of us are missing,,

bucky_dent
02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Also if you look around GSP's nipples there are tell tell signs or roids and no I am not gay.
classic.

Blade
02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Watch at 9mins 50 of this vid, where Dana talks with Loiseau and Rashad Evans. Don't look good for Ol' Greasy :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rd2PmSss_h4&feature=channel

F34R
02-02-2009, 04:45 PM
You'll soon realize that you have to grow some thick skin on these boards lol.
I would like to see some proof too, but like Nate said, it's all suspicion from several places right now.

bradwright
02-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Watch at 9mins 50 of this vid, where Dana talks with Loiseau and Rashad Evans. Don't look good for Ol' Greasy :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rd2PmSss_h4&feature=channel
nice video there but sorry,,thats not proof,,

Blade
02-02-2009, 04:55 PM

Not proof but it means that GSP is possibly in the $hite. I also read comments from Dana somewhere saying that he'd also seen the Vaseline being applied.

Jeval
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM

OH, IT"S PROOF ALRIGHT! It's proof that there is no proof of the proof need to prove the proof of the proof that isn't there...........:frantics:
Point Proven!!:tongue0011:

bradwright
02-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Not proof but it means that GSP is possibly in the $hite. I also read comments from Dana somewhere saying that he'd also seen the Vaseline being applied.
you read some where Dana said he saw the Vaseline being applied?

now that would be proof,,tell me where to find that article

Preach
02-02-2009, 05:00 PM

Well aren't you smart

Preach
02-02-2009, 05:01 PM
classic.

tell tell classic same difference

Tyburn
or it could be an honest mistake by someone in his camp.
I didnt say it couldnt have been

But what you guys dont seem to follow is, this is ENOUGH to raise questions

I dont know if he'd win a case under civil law, with the proof that someone touched him with vasaline...you only need a working hypothesis to destroy someone.

You will admit there is a working hypothesis supported by videographic evidence to say he could and might have done it? the SAC work on Civil Law.

Blade

Ok, so I got it slightly wrong, Dana didn't see it being applied, but he saw a tub of Vaseline being kicked out of the Octagon :

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/printthread.php?Board=39&main=16022701&type=post

NateR
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM

In the video, Dana says that GSP's corner was caught rubbing Vaseline "all over" GSP's back; but we don't know if Dana actually witnessed it or was repeating secondhand information.

Again, there is enough suspicion here to warrant a deeper investigation; but it's not proof of anything right now.

bradwright
02-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Ok, so I got it slightly wrong, Dana didn't see it being applied, but he saw a tub of Vaseline being kicked out of the Octagon :

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/printthread.php?Board=39&main=16022701&type=post

thats better,,i heard that also but its not proof vaseline was being applied to his back on purpose,

Preach
02-02-2009, 05:05 PM
but its not proof vaseline was being applied to his back on purpose,

Its the rules purpose or not it is cheating my goodness hard heads

Blade
02-02-2009, 05:06 PM
thats better,,i heard that also but its not proof vaseline was being applied to his back on purpose,

Well there are numerous gifs on sherdog of GSP's corner looking like a cheap massage parlour between rounds, so I'm ready to convict him, lol. Especially as numerous other Greg Jackson fighters have been accused of greasing in the past.

bradwright
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
In the video, Dana says that GSP's corner was caught rubbing Vaseline "all over" GSP's back; but we don't know if Dana actually witnessed it or was repeating secondhand information.

Again, there is enough suspicion here to warrant a deeper investigation; but it's not proof of anything right now.

well i dont have any proof but listening to the video Dana says they were caught rubbing vaseline all over GSPs back all right but if he had witnessed it he would of said something like he saw them rubbing vaseline on GSPs back so this doesn't constitute proof,,its just hear say,,

not that i know for sure Dana didn't see,,it just seems to me he was talking about what he was told by someone else,,

Llamafighter
02-02-2009, 05:28 PM
GSP was interviewed on MMA Live on ESPN right after thefight and explained what happened.
One of his corner men was applying the vaseline to GSP's face in between rounds 1 and 2. Inbetween the 2 and third he rushed in and was passing behind GSP's stool and touched hsi back (evidently forgetting that he had the vaseline on his hands from before). He then started ruibbing GSP's back to promote oxygen circulation with the same hand and the NSAC guys saw this and rushed up to cageside.
That is what GSP was told by hsi corner. he stated that he was focused on only one thing (BJ).
I believe it. Greg jackson's camp has never done anything like this before and we have no reason to accuse them of cheating now.

Llamafighter
02-02-2009, 05:30 PM
BTW we now have 3 thread containing the same arguments. Lets get some variety folks! :)

Blade
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
GSP was interviewed on MMA Live on ESPN right after thefight and explained what happened.
One of his corner men was applying the vaseline to GSP's face in between rounds 1 and 2. Inbetween the 2 and third he rushed in and was passing behind GSP's stool and touched hsi back (evidently forgetting that he had the vaseline on his hands from before). He then started ruibbing GSP's back to promote oxygen circulation with the same hand and the NSAC guys saw this and rushed up to cageside.
That is what GSP was told by hsi corner. he stated that he was focused on only one thing (BJ).
I believe it. Greg jackson's camp has never done anything like this before and we have no reason to accuse them of cheating now.

Yeah and Bill Clinton didn't inhale either. GSP = greasy, lame quitter with crap excuses when caught cheating.

bradwright
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah and Bill Clinton didn't inhale either. GSP = greasy, lame quitter with crap excuses when caught cheating.

and your proof is?

Twinsmama
02-02-2009, 05:39 PM

Of course his isn't going to say "oh yeah he rubbed me down but he tried his best to look like it was accidental. We made sure to have a stupid ritual so we could blame it on. I know how flexible BJ is so I just want to put a little on in case i can't get out of one of his submissions."

He needs to be punished for cheating. it doesn't matter if it affected the outcome of not it was still cheating.

Bradwright=GSP (Just Joking!)

Llamafighter
02-02-2009, 05:40 PM

You know what? :w00t: I bet it was some type of steroid butter that they created in their training camp that not only gives the wearer super human speed and strength, but also neutralizes their opponents strengths and creates the illusion of pure dominance to all watching!!!:rolleyes:

Blade
02-02-2009, 05:45 PM
You know what? :w00t: I bet it was some type of steroid butter that they created in their training camp that not only gives the wearer super human speed and strength, but also neutralizes their opponents strengths and creates the illusion of pure dominance to all watching!!!:rolleyes:

No, that wasn't down to the steroid butter, that was down to the extra 20/30 pounds of HGH-enhanced muscle, lol.

TDPARKASH
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
There is no denying that at some point his back may have had some vasoline on it. The real question here is intent. If you look at the case, if his intent was to gain a competitive advantage by having his trainers rub his shoulders with his hands (that may or may have not had vasoline on it from before) and literally poking his back twice as part of some ritual, as the trainers have subsequently admitted, then that would not be an effective strategy for obtaining the advantage. How could it? Now if it is proven that they were rubbing his back up and down with the vasoline, then I definitely feel that the NSAC should take the appropriate action against them, whether if it was intentional or not. He would have a competitive advantage, because it would be easier to pass BJ's guard. Back to my point, why would someone intentionally try to do something, and risk getting caught for it, if it had "NO BENEFIT". That defies logic.

I didnt say it couldnt have been

But what you guys dont seem to follow is, this is ENOUGH to raise questions

I dont know if he'd win a case under civil law, with the proof that someone touched him with vasaline...you only need a working hypothesis to destroy someone.

You will admit there is a working hypothesis supported by videographic evidence to say he could and might have done it? the SAC work on Civil Law.

GnP
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Well aren't you smart

I would guess that you are being facicous, either way no I am probably not but I am posting my honest opnion not one tainted by emotion.

As for this standing up in a civil court it would be laughed out before you had even sat down.

To make a Judgment on this the judge would want irefutable evidence which is non existant. Video evidence? not really we have a man gently rubbing very specific places on his back and shoulders clearly without wiping huge chunks of vaseling on inbetween each rub

NateR
02-02-2009, 05:55 PM
As for this standing up in a civil court it would be laughed out before you had even sat down.

Who's speaking from emotion now? Dumber lawsuits have gone to court. So, it's not unheard of, but I highly doubt that this will ever get that far. I wouldn't put it past BJ's camp to try, but I doubt it will happen.

BTW, it's "facetious." :)

Primadawn
02-02-2009, 05:59 PM
I will say this. There is no such thing as a "miniscule" amount of Vaseline. If it's on your hands, it's on there until you specifically remove it. I firmly believe that a jar of vaseline could withstand a nuclear blast.
That said, I agree that it comes down to intent..whether the guy did GSP's face and then just moved on without wiping it off, or whether he was actually trying to put it on his back. Seems to me that if you were going to try to cheat in that specific way, there are better and less obvious ways to do it, but then, I'm devious...

The fact that there's no "official" investigation leads me to believe there's not much to it. Plus, if there's no investigation to determine that he DIDN'T grease, then BJ can keep saying that he did...into infinity...

GnP
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Who's speaking from emotion now? Dumber lawsuits have gone to court. So, it's not unheard of, but I highly doubt that this will ever get that far. I wouldn't put it past BJ's camp to try, but I doubt it will happen.

Haha well i guess i back up that I am not smart :)

However the court quote is not speaking from emotion that is speaking from experiance sorry :)

Primadawn
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM

I love you Nate!

Max
02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
people seem to be saying that the fact that GSP only had his shoulder rubbed with grease shows he was not trying to cheat but thats not really the case. When BJ uses the rubber guard he places his foot right in the exact spot where the grease would have been.

Max
02-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Personally, I'm not a BJ Penn fan,
this is very true. Nate does not like BJ at all

bradwright
02-02-2009, 06:05 PM

yes Nate your right dumber lawsuits have gone to court and even if BJ and his boys decide to go that far (although i highly doubt that)i for one am just chalking all this up to the fact BJ has to much pride to think he could have lost fair and square to anybody in the octagon and until he retires he will always have an excuse as to why somebody beat him,,

Thats just always the way its going to be.

rearnakedchoke
02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
we'll have to see what the nsac does ... they may score it a NC

bradwright
02-02-2009, 06:37 PM
we'll have to see what the nsac does ... they may score it a NC
lol

Preach
02-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Haha well i guess i back up that I am not smart :)

However the court quote is not speaking from emotion that is speaking from experiance sorry :)
experience

GnP
02-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Dam my dyslexia and in ability to use spell check. However the sentiment of what I have written remains the same.

Preach
02-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Dam my dyslexia and in ability to use spell check. However the sentiment of what I have written remains the same.

hahaha just messing with ya

GnP
02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
hahaha just messing with ya

No probs :) I actually like the banter on here and it will teach my impatient ass to read what I have written

rearnakedchoke
02-02-2009, 06:51 PM
lol
not unheard of ... they called the gomi/diaz fight a NC ... sure, diaz had weed in his system and that is against the rules, but they don't go based on whether or not it had an impact on the fight, simply whether it was enough in contravention of the rules to call it an NC .. this one isn't as clear cut, because we don't know how much was put on, how much was wiped off ... and it was vaseline not and intentional greasing agent that could be used ....

warriorlion
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM
hold up, having watched the fight the only time penn failed to grip guard on gsp was when trying to get a high guard over gsps arms, looking for the possible transition to triangle. no video or gif show gsp's arms getting rubbed.

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 07:08 PM
There is no denying that at some point his back may have had some vasoline on it. The real question here is intent. If you look at the case, if his intent was to gain a competitive advantage by having his trainers rub his shoulders with his hands (that may or may have not had vasoline on it from before) and literally poking his back twice as part of some ritual, as the trainers have subsequently admitted, then that would not be an effective strategy for obtaining the advantage. How could it? Now if it is proven that they were rubbing his back up and down with the vasoline, then I definitely feel that the NSAC should take the appropriate action against them, whether if it was intentional or not. He would have a competitive advantage, because it would be easier to pass BJ's guard. Back to my point, why would someone intentionally try to do something, and risk getting caught for it, if it had "NO BENEFIT". That defies logic.

Again, Civil Law differs from Criminal Law in two ways

First you only need to present Circumstantial Evidence and a working Hypothesis, undeniable Proof is not needed to maintain the conviction

Secondly, Intent isnt pardoned in the same way as it can be in a Criminal Court. Whether he knew about being greased or not doesnt matter, the fact he may have been greased matters

People dont launch Civil Cases unless they know they can win. The State Athletic Commissions work, or at least CSAC does, on Civil Law. Thats how they managed to convict Sean Sherk. The only way to get yourself out of a Civil Case is either by presenting a VERY strong alternative Hypothesis and hope your direct Prosection isnt the Judge (in this case, Its not, so this would be a viable option for GSP)

OR cause the case to collapse by showing the Prosecution corrupt in someway and thus the integrity of their position is undermined, this is what Sean Sherk tried to do.

Now...as I was saying, Because if the case got taken up, it would be Penn prosecuting and NOT the Athletic Commission, Georges could use the "Ritual" as a viable alternative and let the SAC decide...obviously if the SAC had filed against him he would be foolish to do that, you cant convince the prosecution they are wrong can you?...if they thought they were wrong they wouldnt have charged you...do you follow?

Sherk knew that, it was no use him saying "I produce that level of chemical naturally" because the Judge was the Prosectuion, and if they believed that, they wouldnt have charged him...so he had to try and proove they were corrupt, undermining them "well the evidence was faulty because you didnt look after it properly" oooops suddenly their integrity is undermined, and their verdict becomes a joke.

I only know so much about this coz I've been through a Civil Disciplinary :laugh:

Actually...three hahahahahaha

rockdawg21
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Yes, it's as true as George Bush secretly planting bombs in the base of the World Trade Center towers. How ridiculous.

Twinsmama
02-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Just curious how many of you have used vaseline? Most women know that Vaseline is the slipperiest thing invented. i agree with Primadawn if it's on there a towel would not wipe it off. Say if Primadawn had a bit on her shoulders and a dab on her back, i wrap my legs around her :ashamed: (of course it smears) then try to get any traction of hold with my legs they will be slippery too now because the stuff gets everywhere. Vaseline does not come off with a wipe!

It's going to be hard to prove intent but is it really needed? Isn't GSP responsible for the actions of the people he brings in his corner?Hopefully there will be some answers.

Bradwright- Just because you can't prove something did happen doesn't mean that it didn't. There is at least some proof it was Vaseline on him. (Greg Jackson acknowledged it. you can clearly see he didn't wipe his hands)
What do you want proof of that it was intentionally done? how much was on there?

bradwright
02-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Just curious how many of you have used vaseline? Most women know that Vaseline is the slipperiest thing invented. i agree with Primadawn if it's on there a towel would not wipe it off. Say if Primadawn had a bit on her shoulders and a dab on her back, i wrap my legs around her :ashamed: (of course it smears) then try to get any traction of hold with my legs they will be slippery too now because the stuff gets everywhere. Vaseline does not come off with a wipe!

It's going to be hard to prove intent but is it really needed? Isn't GSP responsible for the actions of the people he brings in his corner?Hopefully there will be some answers.

Bradwright- Just because you can't prove something did happen doesn't mean that it didn't. There is at least some proof it was Vaseline on him. (Greg Jackson acknowledged it. you can clearly see he didn't wipe his hands)
What do you want proof of that it was intentionally done? how much was on there?

just because you can't prove something did happen doesn't mean that it didn't??
Thats your proof?? Really??lol

County Mike
02-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Say if Primadawn had a bit on her shoulders and a dab on her back, i wrap my legs around her :ashamed:

I'm picturing that right now. HOT!

Twinsmama
02-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah I was thinking about you when I was typing that!! :laugh:

County Mike
02-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah I was thinking about you when I was typing that!! :laugh:

How YOU doing? ;)

Primadawn
02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
LOL! OK, I was reading T-mama's post and thinking "Que Mike in 3...2....1" LMAO

County Mike
02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
LOL! OK, I was reading T-mama's post and thinking "Que Mike in 3...2....1" LMAO

Glad to know you two ladies are both thinking about me. :wink:

sasquatch
02-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey, I just realized something!

This fight ended the way Nate wanted it to.:laugh:

NateR
02-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Hey, I just realized something!

This fight ended the way Nate wanted it to.:laugh:

What with both fighters looking bad? Yep, it pretty much did. :laugh:

I haven't had a chance to talk to Matt about this fight yet, so I don't know what his opinion on it is; but whether you are a GSP fan or a BJ fan, Matt gains ground either way. To GSP fans, this is just BJ making more "rib injury" type excuses and it discredits BJ's claims of injury after losing to Matt at UFC 63. BJ Penn fans, on the other hand, are going to push forward with these greasing allegations as much as possible and it's going to call into question the legitimacy of GSP's last two wins over Matt. So either way, Matt comes out smelling like roses and he didn't even have to do anything. :laugh:

Again, this is just me being selfish, this is not how Matt sees the outcome of this fight.

MMeh
02-02-2009, 08:59 PM

Well said.

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 09:08 PM
:laugh:

Brad...what happened to your GSP Avatar :huh:

sasquatch
02-02-2009, 09:11 PM

I haven't had a chance to talk to Matt about this fight yet, so I don't know what his opinion on it is; but whether you are a GSP fan or a BJ fan, Matt gains ground either way. To GSP fans, this is just BJ making more "rib injury" type excuses and it discredits BJ's claims of injury after losing to Matt at UFC 63. BJ Penn fans, on the other hand, are going to push forward with these greasing allegations as much as possible and it's going to call into question the legitimacy of GSP's last two wins over Matt. So either way, Matt comes out smelling like roses and he didn't even have to do anything. :laugh:

Again, this is just me being selfish, this is not how Matt sees the outcome of this fight.I was thinking about Matts fights with GSP too.
I remember Matt had GSP in a body lock and GSP just twisted out.
I feel bad to be saying this because I'm a big fan of GSP too, but it doesn't look good for him right now... to me atleast.

Neezar
02-02-2009, 09:28 PM

The amount needed to be effective?

I typed out a couple of responses to this and none of them sounded, um, decent. Take my word for it, it wouldn't take very much at all to act as a lubricant especially when sweaty. And I know this because **** told me. :Whistle:

rearnakedchoke
02-02-2009, 09:31 PM

Again, this is just me being selfish, this is not how Matt sees the outcome of this fight.

Matt doesn't need these guys to cement his legacy ... but I know where you are coming from .. and don't know if you go on sherdog, a few weeks back they had a poll on there of who is the greatest ufc fighter ever .. matt was leading by a long shot and with all the hate he gets on there, that is saying a lot ...

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 09:38 PM
The amount needed to be effective?

I typed out a couple of responses to this and none of them sounded, um, decent. Take my word for it, it wouldn't take very much at all to act as a lubricant especially when sweaty. And I know this because **** told me. :Whistle:
its quite simple Denise...the more you use, and the hotter you get...the better the lubricant works :ninja:

rearnakedchoke
02-02-2009, 09:41 PM

you do know they test anytime and unnannounced ... so if he is cycling based on when his fights are, they could still come up to him and test ... and gyno also occurs naturally in a certain percentage of men ....

your basis of thinking he is on roids is absolutley ridiculous ... you should apply to the NSAC as a roid detector in people .. you could just look at them and tell .. LOL

I mean, I could say BJ Penn is a roid user and I would have about just as much proof as you

bradwright
02-02-2009, 09:48 PM

Brad...what happened to your GSP Avatar :huh:

somebody made me take it down,,:sad:

lol,,not really but i only had it up for the fight,,

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Vaseline feels so gross. It's great for preventing diaper rash though.

~Amy

Preach
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
you do know they test anytime and unnannounced ... so if he is cycling based on when his fights are, they could still come up to him and test ... and gyno also occurs naturally in a certain percentage of men ....

your basis of thinking he is on roids is absolutley ridiculous ... you should apply to the NSAC as a roid detector in people .. you could just look at them and tell .. LOL

I mean, I could say BJ Penn is a roid user and I would have about just as much proof as you

Ever think of a conspiracy theory. Like maybe GSP is a protected athlete by one Dana White. Laugh all you want but I promise you this happens that promoters give names of athletes to be tested that they know will test negative. But I guess this is as ridiculous as all my statements but then againI am not trying to please you

rearnakedchoke
02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Ever think of a conspiracy theory. Like maybe GSP is a protected athlete by one Dana White. Laugh all you want but I promise you this happens that promoters give names of athletes to be tested that they know will test negative. But I guess this is as ridiculous as all my statements but then againI am not trying to please you

OMG .. you figured it out ... you are better than Sherlock Holmes ... LOL ... yeah, GSP is protected by Dana ... dana probably pisses in the cup instead of GSP ... LOL .... I guess if you are a fan of BJ, you gotta go all the way and be like him too and come up with ridiculous excuses ....

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 10:10 PM
somebody made me take it down,,:sad:

lol,,not really but i only had it up for the fight,,
:ashamed: well your new one is just as good :)

Preach
02-02-2009, 10:20 PM
:ashamed: well your new one is just as good :)

I hate it

Preach
02-02-2009, 10:21 PM
OMG .. you figured it out ... you are better than Sherlock Holmes ... LOL ... yeah, GSP is protected by Dana ... dana probably pisses in the cup instead of GSP ... LOL .... I guess if you are a fan of BJ, you gotta go all the way and be like him too and come up with ridiculous excuses ....

Your an idiot.. A rearnakedjoke

rearnakedchoke
02-02-2009, 10:23 PM
good one sherlock ... nice sig .... LOL

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 10:23 PM

Alright, alright...Preach-let's not get into name calling here. Consider your hand slapped. Next time I'll go old school nun style and smack your knuckles with a ruler. :laugh:

~Amy

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 10:25 PM

Steroid butter? That sounds sooooo nasty.

~Amy

Preach
02-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Alright, alright...Preach-let's not get into name calling here. Consider your hand slapped. Next time I'll go old school nun style and smack your knuckles with a ruler. :laugh:

~Amy

I am far from the first one name calling but anywho rearnakedchoke don't choke on your next sig bet

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 10:26 PM
and You'll be flagged if you call someone a name again Ben :angry: that is if I can discover where the new infarction button is...

I expect better from you :ninja:

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
I am far from the first one name calling
thats not the point. :rolleyes:

Preach
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
and You'll be flagged if you call someone a name again Ben :angry:

I expect better from you :ninja:

give me a break Dave this crap has been going on all freaking weekend and now you want to bring the hammer down. This is stupid and double standard. And you know it

Max
02-02-2009, 10:29 PM
give me a break Dave this crap has been going on all freaking weekend and now you want to bring the hammer down. This is stupid and double standard. And you know it
Dave is always like this. he picks and chooses who he yells at.

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I am far from the first one name calling but anywho rearnakedchoke don't choke on your next sig bet

I'm sure you aren't the first. And won't be the last. But I saw yours. Like I tell my kids, don't whine about getting caught by pointing fingers at what others have done wrong. Just man up and realize I caught you, reprimanded you, and move on from there.

I try to be fair and not catch certain people more than others but sometimes it will happen that way because I don't read every single line of every single post in this place.

~Amy

Preach
02-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Dave is always like this. he picks and chooses who he yells at.

Trust me I know they (mods) have their favorites and guess what I am far from one... Oh well I have yet to lose sleep. I like them and I know they like me but too many times have I been used as an example not any longer

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 10:32 PM

Well...you expect the crap from some...but not from others...I know you know better...so when you act up I feel dissapointed...whereas I expect it from others who seem to know no better

besides...cant do anything...seem infarctions dont exist anymore :mellow:

Preach
02-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Like I tell my kids, don't whine about getting caught by pointing fingers at what others have done wrong. Just man up and realize I caught you, reprimanded you, and move on from there.

~Amy

I am not your kid and dont compare me to them either

Preach
02-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Well...you expect the crap from some...but not from others...I know you know better...so when you act up I feel dissapointed...whereas I expect it from others who seem to know no better

besides...cant do anything...seem infarctions dont exist anymore :mellow:

I have no beef with you Dave

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 10:34 PM
perhaps shes using an analogy to describe your behaviour...your a pastor..with all due respect...time you acted like one. :angry:

TexasRN
Trust me I know they (mods) have their favorites and guess what I am far from one... Oh well I have yet to lose sleep. I like them and I know they like me but too many times have I been used as an example not any longer

I don't have favorites. Guess who I've deleted posts from the most? Goat. And most would think he's one of my favorites. :laugh: You and I have never had a run in before. I'm just bored today cuz I had to wake up early due to the idiot power company still screwing with things from Hurricane Ike. Blame them that I'm cranky today. :wink:

~Amy

Tyburn
I have no beef with you Dave
you will have soon if you dont behave. Dont embariss me Ben :ninja:

Bonnie
02-02-2009, 10:35 PM
well i dont have any proof but listening to the video Dana says they were caught rubbing vaseline all over GSPs back all right but if he had witnessed it he would of said something like he saw them rubbing vaseline on GSPs back so this doesn't constitute proof,,its just hear say,,

not that i know for sure Dana didn't see,,it just seems to me he was talking about what he was told by someone else,,

Don't you think if "someone" is telling Dana White that vaseline was rubbed on GSP's back that SOMEBODY saw it happen! Why don't we wait and see IF there is an investigation, and, if so, what the outcome is.

TexasRN

My kids rock. You should consider it a compliment to be mentioned in the same post as them. :)

~Amy

Preach
perhaps shes using an analogy to describe your behaviour...your a pastor..with all due respect...time you acted like one. :angry:

Stay out of it Dave I am not saying I didn't do something wrong but that I don't like being singled out. Plus rearnakedchoke and I was teasing anyway... I lost a sig bet to him notice his ending nice sig....

Preach
02-02-2009, 10:37 PM
:laugh: you will have soon if you dont behave. Dont embariss me Ben :ninja:

Miss spell much:laugh:

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Stay out of it Dave I am not saying I didn't do something wrong but that I don't like being singled out. Plus rearnakedchoke and I was teasing anyway... I lost a sig bet to him notice his ending nice sig....

Ah get over it already Preach. I don't have a beef with you. This is the first time I have EVER gotten onto you. And did you not notice my post to F34R earlier in this thread. It isn't just you.

Relax. Breathe. Would it make you feel better for me to dig thru this entire thread and yell at everyone? Not that I plan to do that, but come on.

I've said my piece. I am not going to argue with you over it.

~Amy

Bonnie
02-02-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't have favorites. Guess who I've deleted posts from the most? Goat. And most would think he's one of my favorites. :laugh: You and I have never had a run in before. I'm just bored today cuz I had to wake up early due to the idiot power company still screwing with things from Hurricane Ike. Blame them that I'm cranky today. :wink:

~Amy

That's just so hard to believe, Amy. :Whistle:

Boy, people sure have been "cranky" since the GSP/Penn fight. Maybe they need a good colon cleanse. :laugh:

bradwright
02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Don't you think if "someone" is telling Dana White that vaseline was rubbed on GSP's back that SOMEBODY saw it happen! Why don't we wait and see IF there is an investigation, and, if so, what the outcome is.

well Bonnie all i was trying to say was in the noise and confusion someone did say something to Dana but what actually was said may not be what Dana thought he heard,,or maybe it was exactly what he thought he heard but maybe that person didn't have first hand information,,

how many times has someone gotten something wrong when they have repeated something that you have told them,,

and as far as why dont we wait and see what happens?

that would be my point of this whole thread exactly,,

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 11:03 PM
That's just so hard to believe, Amy. :Whistle:

Boy, people sure have been "cranky" since the GSP/Penn fight. Maybe they need a good colon cleanse. :laugh:

You stay out of my colon woman! :laugh: Ask Goat about it when he comes on tonight. I actually think I've only deleted some of his threads and porn spammer threads. Goat's cool though. We understand each other's hedonistic ways.

I am cranky. I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with the fight. Stupid electric company ticked me off today. They finally came to fix the downed line that has kept the school bus from coming down the road to pick my kids up. They argued with me that it was a cable line for the longest time and that they weren't responsible for it. We dont' have cable out here!!! I have to have satellite!! Well guess what...the line finally busted and they had to come out today and fix it. Which meant my power went out. Which meant I had to wake up at what is essentially 3 am. (3 pm to ya'll night sleepers)

~Amy

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 11:08 PM
if you dont like being singled out, dont do anything wrong. :rolleyes:

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 11:09 PM

Miss spell much:laugh:

We cant all be like you Ben :tongue0011:

Bonnie
02-02-2009, 11:14 PM
well Bonnie all i was trying to say was in the noise and confusion someone did say something to Dana but what actually was said may not be what Dana thought he heard,,or maybe it was exactly what he thought he heard but maybe that person didn't have first hand information,,

how many times has someone gotten something wrong when they have repeated something that you have told them,,

and as far as why dont we wait and see what happens?

that would be my point of this whole thread exactly,,

Ahhhh, finally, AGREEMENT! How sweet it is! :laugh:

Now, let's not ruin it...:tongue0011:

bradwright
02-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Ahhhh, finally, AGREEMENT! How sweet it is! :laugh:

Now, let's not ruin it...:tongue0011:

okay,,i'll try,,but i just have to tell you,,your really starting to pisss me off,:punch: :laugh: easy now,,i was just kidding,
Cant anybody take a joke anymore?:)

ufcfan2
02-02-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm not sure what to make of it really. I hope he is'nt greasing/oiling up he don't really need it. He needs to save that oiling/greasing up when hes doing his model shoots or hittin' da clubs....
Maybe they should have someone designated to wipe down the fighters before each round starts??? I know it sounds hokey but think it would eliminate most doubts...
Far as roids? well if hes passing the drug tests then I would put that rumor to rest until proven otherwise..
Back to Greas-gate,,maybe not allow anyone from ur corner into the cage just bark ur orders from behind. Just allow the 'cutman' inside to give water/vasoline to face or cuts..????

bj44
02-02-2009, 11:38 PM
How come assholes like preach get to fighter bash and call posters idiots here but not anybody else. Just cause he use to be a mod?

Preach
02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
How come assholes like preach get to fighter bash and call posters idiots here but not anybody else. Just cause he use to be a mod?

Hi thats not very nice... By the way what does the bj in your screen name mean? Are you pimpin yourself out

Preach
02-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Ah get over it already Preach. I don't have a beef with you. This is the first time I have EVER gotten onto you. And did you not notice my post to F34R earlier in this thread. It isn't just you.

Relax. Breathe. Would it make you feel better for me to dig thru this entire thread and yell at everyone? Not that I plan to do that, but come on.

I've said my piece. I am not going to argue with you over it.

~Amy

Sorry Amy I was cranky too...

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Sorry Amy I was cranky too...

:) We're good.

~Amy

TexasRN
02-02-2009, 11:48 PM

Geez, what is it with this stuff? I can't tell if you are joking or not. If you are, watch the language. If you're not, that's enough with the name calling. Consider this a warning.

Trust me, Preach is not given preferential treatment. Did you miss where I chastised him?

~Amy

bj44
02-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Hi thats not very nice... By the way what does the bj in your screen name mean? Are you pimpin yourself outYeah but calling people idiots is very nice, just stick to what you do best* making excises for bj penn getting his ass kicked. Is the vasaline the reason Bj couldnt even land a punch diring the fight too. Or not even come close to stuffing a takdown after the first round. I bet the vasaline is the reason bj penn quit in between rounds too. :)

Preach
02-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah but calling people idiots is very nice, just stick to what you do best* making excises for bj penn getting his ass kicked. Is the vasaline the reason Bj couldnt even land a punch diring the fight too. Or not even come close to stuffing a takdown after the first round. I bet the vasaline is the reason bj penn quit in between rounds too. :)

I bet you make your family proud

bj44
02-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Geez, what is it with this stuff? I can't tell if you are joking or not. If you are, watch the language. If you're not, that's enough with the name calling. Consider this a warning.

Trust me, Preach is not given preferential treatment. Did you miss where I chastised him?

~Amy
naw preach has always been a dudd who cant except when one of his fighters loses

bradwright
02-02-2009, 11:55 PM
I bet you make your family proud
hey,,stop picken on my guy like that:punch:

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi thats not very nice... By the way what does the bj in your screen name mean? Are you pimpin yourself out
its his name Brian James I bet :)

All of you quit with the name calling whether its meant as a joke or not, that kinda joke is not befitting to this site...

Bonnie
02-03-2009, 12:01 AM
You stay out of my colon woman! :laugh: Ask Goat about it when he comes on tonight. I actually think I've only deleted some of his threads and porn spammer threads. Goat's cool though. We understand each other's hedonistic ways.

I am cranky. I'll admit it. But it has nothing to do with the fight. Stupid electric company ticked me off today. They finally came to fix the downed line that has kept the school bus from coming down the road to pick my kids up. They argued with me that it was a cable line for the longest time and that they weren't responsible for it. We dont' have cable out here!!! I have to have satellite!! Well guess what...the line finally busted and they had to come out today and fix it. Which meant my power went out. Which meant I had to wake up at what is essentially 3 am. (3 pm to ya'll night sleepers)

~Amy

Ammmy...I wasn't referring to "you" as the cranky one(s). You have a right to be cranky! I thought some of the "other" crankies could benefit from a good internal flush--I hear a good colon cleanse does wonders for ones' disposition. :wink:

As to Goat, I'm sure he's given your "edit/delete" key a workout! :laugh:

TexasRN
02-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Ammmy...I wasn't referring to "you" as the cranky one(s). You have a right to be cranky! I thought some of the "other" crankies could benefit from a good internal flush--I hear a good colon cleanse does wonders for ones' disposition. :wink:

As to Goat, I'm sure he's given your "edit/delete" key a workout! :laugh:

Sounds like soaps-suds enemas for all! :sick: Reminds me of that guy on TUF that kept getting it done to help him cut weight.

~Amy

Bonnie
02-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Sounds like soaps-suds enemas for all! :sick: Reminds me of that guy on TUF that kept getting it done to help him cut weight.

~Amy

Hey, I was in the hospital with someone over Christmas and they did one with molasses--worked too!

TexasRN
02-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Hey, I was in the hospital with someone over Christmas and they did one with molasses--worked too!

There are tons of different types of enemas. All disgusting. But hey, I guess it beats not being able to take a dump at all and having to be digitally disimpacted. :unsure-1:

Do we know how to derail a thread or what? :laugh:

~Amy

Preach
02-03-2009, 12:09 AM
There are tons of different types of enemas. All disgusting. But hey, I guess it beats not being able to take a dump at all and having to be digitally disimpacted. :unsure-1:

~Amy

idiot lol

TexasRN
02-03-2009, 12:12 AM
idiot lol

:punch: :laugh:

I can take a joke.

~Amy

Bonnie
02-03-2009, 12:13 AM

~Amy

Hey, if it keeps them from starting up again...

I think we're in their "discomfort" zone right now. :laugh:

Preach
02-03-2009, 12:16 AM

You'll need to talk about more than enemas to keep me away

bradwright
02-03-2009, 12:16 AM

good,,you guys are still at it ,,had to go get myself a sandwich and a glass of milk all this talk was making me hungry :tongue0011:

TexasRN
02-03-2009, 12:17 AM

I'm not allowed to go too far into the "discomfort" zone. I end up going way too far cuz I just do way too many weird things at work. So I have to behave. The only thing that causes me discomfort is vomit. I can handle anything else. I can even handle gangrene and colostomies better.

So Bonnie, how's life been? You ready for the warm up later this week?

~Amy

Bonnie
02-03-2009, 12:20 AM
okay,,i'll try,,but i just have to tell you,,your really starting to pisss me off,:punch: :laugh: easy now,,i was just kidding,
Cant anybody take a joke anymore?:)

Hey, that's okay--so long as you're the only one getting p.o.'d--works for me. :laugh:

Bonnie
02-03-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm not allowed to go too far into the "discomfort" zone. I end up going way too far cuz I just do way too many weird things at work. So I have to behave. The only thing that causes me discomfort is vomit. I can handle anything else. I can even handle gangrene and colostomies better.

So Bonnie, how's life been? You ready for the warm up later this week?

~Amy

:huh: It's warming up AGAIN! Oh, crap, I feel another sinus infection coming on. :sick:

How's life been? Well, it's been kinda "unreal" and looks like it might be that way for a while yet. :wacko: I'll P.M. you later, gator. :)

TexasRN
02-03-2009, 12:31 AM
:huh: It's warming up AGAIN! Oh, crap, I feel another sinus infection coming on. :sick:

How's life been? Well, it's been kinda "unreal" and looks like it might be that way for a while yet. :wacko: I'll P.M. you later, gator. :)

Excellent, I look forward to hearing from you. We can have a late night jammie party. I plan to take a long hot bath, drink a "cuppa" tea (a habit I picked up from the Yankees when I lived amongst them), and then play online all night long.

~Amy

Bonnie
02-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Excellent, I look forward to hearing from you. We can have a late night jammie party. I plan to take a long hot bath, drink a "cuppa" tea (a habit I picked up from the Yankees when I lived amongst them), and then play online all night long.

~Amy

Catch you in a while. I guess we better let the guys have this thread back, huh. :wink:

TexasRN
02-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Catch you in a while. I guess we better let the guys have this thread back, huh. :wink:

Nah, us women rock. But I will be on later and we can have a girlie chat. I don't get girlie chats often, Michelle doesn't do girlie. :laugh:

~Amy