PDA

View Full Version : Machida realy needs a title shot

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 06:34 AM
how cant you give him one after tonight. (he would win the title hands down)

Josh
02-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Agreed. He would totally ruin Rashad. He was incredible tonight. Total devestation. He would probably beat Rampage by decision.

MMeh
02-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Those takedowns of his are borderline unfair, great performance. Dana/Joe Silva, do the right thing and give this man a shot

kevint13
02-01-2009, 06:55 AM

He fought tonight? Really? I did see a boring match but I could have sworn that was Karo fighting? Are you sure Machida fought? :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 07:00 AM
i think he earned it tonite ...

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Agreed. He would totally ruin Rashad. He was incredible tonight. Total devestation. He would probably beat Rampage by decision.

Oooooh, I'd love to see that! :w00t:

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Those takedowns of his are borderline unfair, great performance. Dana/Joe Silva, do the right thing and give this man a shot

How so? I'm a newbie at mma and trying to learn...

MMeh
02-01-2009, 07:39 AM

I'm a wrestler, not really a karate guy, so somebody else might give a better technical explanation, but there were a couple times where he and Silva engaged in a clinch, and Machida took his legs completely out from under him with a sweep and landed in his guard. It was an incredibly fluid move, looked very tough to stop. I'm normally not a Rogan fan, but he said it right - the point is to inflict damage to your opponent while minimizing the damage you take. That's Lyoto Machida in a nutshell

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 07:42 AM

well he is 14 and 0 with wins over Stephan Bonnar Rich Franklin B.J. Penn Vernon White David Heath Tito Ortiz Thiago Silva. is 6 and 0 in the ufc and only has been hit what 15 20 times since he was in the ufc

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm a wrestler, not really a karate guy, so somebody else might give a better technical explanation, but there were a couple times where he and Silva engaged in a clinch, and Machida took his legs completely out from under him with a sweep and landed in his guard. It was an incredibly fluid move, looked very tough to stop. I'm normally not a Rogan guy, but he said it right - the point is to inflict damage to your opponent while minimizing the damage you take. That's Lyoto Machida in a nutshell

qft if you cant hit him your not going to win the fight

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm a wrestler, not really a karate guy, so somebody else might give a better technical explanation, but there were a couple times where he and Silva engaged in a clinch, and Machida took his legs completely out from under him with a sweep and landed in his guard. It was an incredibly fluid move, looked very tough to stop. I'm normally not a Rogan fan, but he said it right - the point is to inflict damage to your opponent while minimizing the damage you take. That's Lyoto Machida in a nutshell

Oh, okay, I think I mistook when you said "borderline unfair" as meaning almost a "foul" or "no-no" as far as the rules go, but I just misunderstood what you were saying.

Thank you. :)

MMeh
02-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Oh, okay, I think I mistook when you said "borderline unfair" as meaning almost a "foul" or "no-no" as far as the rules go, but I just misunderstood what you were saying.

Thank you. :)

My bad, e-sarcasm is not my strong point:wink:

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 08:54 AM
:laugh: :laugh: did you lose a Siggie bet perchance?

I aggree with you...unfortunaltey...I dont want him to win the Title coz he'd be too boring :mellow:

Llamafighter
02-01-2009, 09:57 AM

I aggree with you...unfortunaltey...I dont want him to win the Title coz he'd be too boring :mellow:
He won in the first round!

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 10:31 AM
He won in the first round!
I heard he won the last second of the first round.

perhaps there is hope for him yet. :laugh:

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 04:56 PM

naw I atuly like watching machida he fights alot like my kick boxing coach Pete Olanich (Goju Ryu Black Belt)

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 05:13 PM
(Goju Ryu Black Belt)

Goju Ryu and Rye Te!!!!!!

My school!

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Goju Ryu and Rye Te!!!!!!

My school!

Ill admit that I dont know much about it I take 3 BJJ classes a week, one JKD and one muy thai. he's the one that runs the muy thai classes.

bj44
02-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Hes beatable. i mean tito almost caught him in a triangle lol

I agree he should get th next shot though.

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Hes beatable. i mean tito almost caught him in a triangle lol

I agree he should get th next shot though.

true but who the hell expects a triangle from tito and that fast of one

rockdawg21
02-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I have to admit, I wasn't impressed with his running tactic when he fought Tito, but last night, he showed a ton of offense and looked amazing. I've been doggin' the guy for his style but if he fights like that again, I'd love to see him continue fighting. No doubt he will be champ within a year.

jasonmma
02-01-2009, 07:15 PM
he will have the title in his next fight. i dont think rampage or rashad either one will have an answer for his style. rampage is not the guy to sit back and watch and i dont know about rashad he has suprised a lot of people before with his speed so it would be a good fight to see his counter punches in.