PDA

View Full Version : Voter intimidation charges dropped!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
06-01-2009, 07:21 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2009/05/29/charges-black-panthers-dropped-obama/

Miss Foxy
06-01-2009, 02:07 PM
This is absolutely sickening! Makes me so mad that people can't even go to vote in peace! I am starting to see things so differently. A promise of change all right! To be excused of ones crime based on skin color.. Right!!! :muttering: :timebomb:

NateR
06-01-2009, 04:22 PM
This is Obama's America, you can say and do whatever you want as long as your skin is the right color.

MattHughesRocks
06-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? They werent convicted of any of this.Whos to say that this artical is even reporting the facts and not just jumping to conclusions?

MattHughesRocks
06-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey how did I get suckered into coming into this section?! :scared0011:

Crisco
06-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey how did I get suckered into coming into this section?! :scared0011:

Because... Like Mike you are here for the hot women?

NateR
06-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? They werent convicted of any of this.

Innocence or guilt can only be determined in a court of law. If there were charges filed against these men, then it needs to be settled in court.

J.B.
06-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Hey, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? They werent convicted of any of this.Whos to say that this artical is even reporting the facts and not just jumping to conclusions?

Actually, there is no question that they were doing it. It was caught on camera and was a big news story on election day, I remember it clearly. They were standing outside a polling place holding night-sticks and claiming to be "security". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

Another report, made by a DEMOCRAT and former civil rights attorney, had one of the Black Panther members saying; "yeah, now you'll know what it's like to be ruled by a black man, cracker", as people were walking into the polling place.

I'd say the evidence is pretty cut and dry. :laugh:

logrus
06-02-2009, 01:02 AM
This is absolutely sickening! Makes me so mad that people can't even go to vote in peace! I am starting to see things so differently. A promise of change all right! To be excused of ones crime based on skin color.. Right!!! :muttering: :timebomb:

I have a question for you, have you been living under a rock all these years or something? You act like this has never happened before.

Neezar
06-02-2009, 03:18 AM
I have a question for you, have you been living under a rock all these years or something? You act like this has never happened before.

Are you saying that we shouldn't be upset because it has happened before?

MattHughesRocks
06-02-2009, 03:29 AM
So...I don't get it. How was that making anoybody do anything? So what if "scary looking guys" are standing outside a place to vote with billy clubs. It's like...a Tuesday afternoon in Los Angeles. If I were going there to vote I wouldnt blink an eye, nor would I miss a beat in my walk going to vote for whoever I wanted to. I don't know what that kid with the camera looked like but I'll bet he was some small skinny white dude who would be scared of his own shadow anyway out with a camera looking for a story for his school paper that was due that Monday morning:laugh:
Now lwave me alone, I'm not coming into this section anymore :angry:

Actually, there is no question that they were doing it. It was caught on camera and was a big news story on election day, I remember it clearly. They were standing outside a polling place holding night-sticks and claiming to be "security". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

Another report, made by a DEMOCRAT and former civil rights attorney, had one of the Black Panther members saying; "yeah, now you'll know what it's like to be ruled by a black man, cracker", as people were walking into the polling place.

I'd say the evidence is pretty cut and dry. :laugh:

J.B.
06-02-2009, 03:40 AM
So what if "scary looking guys" are standing outside a place to vote with billy clubs.

It's illegal, and it has been for a long time.

If two white guys stood outside a polling place in Alabama wearing white hoods, and carrying weapons, while telling black people McCain was going to be their white ruler, they would have been prosecuted, as they should be.

Same goes for these idiots.

You love the politics section, just admit it! :tongue0011:

Neezar
06-02-2009, 03:43 AM
She'll be back.

:laugh:

Neezar
06-02-2009, 03:44 AM

If two white guys stood outside a polling place in Alabama wearing white hoods, and carrying weapons, while telling black people McCain was going to be their white ruler, they would have been prosecuted, as they should be.

:scared0011:

Wow. That really drives it home. Good analogy.

MattHughesRocks
06-02-2009, 03:49 AM
How is it "illegal" to look like that? If it were most of California would be in jail. White hoods are a totally different thing. NEVER has it been "cool" to look like that nor would you ever see "white hoods" on the music awards show.FoShizzle! :w00t:

J.B.
06-02-2009, 03:57 AM
How is it "illegal" to look like that? If it were most of California would be in jail. White hoods are a totally different thing. NEVER has it been "cool" to look like that nor would you ever see "white hoods" on the music awards show.FoShizzle! :w00t:

What is illegal is voter intimidation, and that is a clear attempt. They did not need to be there.

They are dressed like militants! :laugh:

Seriously, how many brothers do you know wearing a friggin beret? :laugh:

It's not even so much about how they were dressed as why they were there. Why did they need to lie and say there were "security"? The only security at polling places are the local police, not those hoodlums. Plus they came right out and said they were member of the Black Panther party, which is a recognized hate group.

You don't see white hoods on the Music Awards, just Borat dressed like angel putting his bare butt in Eminem's face :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
06-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Whatever :talktothehand: Too many people get all freaked out by others that don't look like them.Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the video section throwin' up some cool jams :cool:

J.B.
06-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Whatever :talktothehand: Too many people get all freaked out by others that don't look like them.Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the video section throwin' up some cool jams :cool:

You know darn tootin that ain't what I was talking about! :tongue0011:

logrus
06-02-2009, 04:19 AM
Are you saying that we shouldn't be upset because it has happened before?

Naaa it still urks me this kind of stupid **** still goes on, and it urks me even worse when nothing is done about it. Like I said these kinds of issue goes on all the time everywhere involving everyone and everything.

MattHughesRocks
06-02-2009, 04:53 AM
Darn tootin'? :unsure-1:

Do you have all your teeth? http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/laughing.gif

You know darn tootin that ain't what I was talking about! :tongue0011:

logrus
06-02-2009, 05:07 AM

Do you have all your teeth? http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/laughing.gif

I don't, I had a few teeth pulled cause my dentist when I was younger left part of my roots in my mouth and they abscessed very bad.

J.B.
06-02-2009, 11:20 AM

:laugh:

Yes I do, and they are perfectly straight after 3 and a half years of braces way back in high school. :D

Actually those braces sucked. I had a tooth grow in the roof of my mouth because a baby tooth had strong roots and never fell out. They had to cut out the baby tooth to make room for the other one. Then they used the braces to force my back teeth into place and after a while it all just fixed itself.

rearnakedchoke
06-02-2009, 01:34 PM
This is Obama's America, you can say and do whatever you want as long as your skin is the right color.
LOL .... if you think this is true, you are living in a dream world ... just because obama is pres, doesn't matter, there has and only will be one colour of privelege in the US and that is white ...

Crisco
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
LOL .... if you think this is true, you are living in a dream world ... just because obama is pres, doesn't matter, there has and only will be one colour of privelege in the US and that is white ...

All depends where you live buddy.

NateR
06-02-2009, 04:31 PM

Aren't you Canadian? What do you know about how America works?

Anyways, yes, that the popular left-wing, liberal talking point, but it's not really accurate. There are plenty of examples of minorities being given unfair and undeserved advantages in some twisted attempts at "fairness."

Crisco
06-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Aren't you Canadian? What do you know about how America works?

Anyways, yes, that the popular left-wing, liberal talking point, but it's not really accurate. There are plenty of examples of minorities being given unfair and undeserved advantages in some twisted attempts at "fairness."

affirmitive action

Miss Foxy
06-02-2009, 04:47 PM
affirmitive action
I agree. I am seeing it left and right lately. I hate to admit it, but thats what has been happening.
Phrase of the day.. Reverse discrimination

NateR
06-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Yep, Affirmative Action and any sort of "racial quota" is nothing more than government-sponsored racism.

logrus
06-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Yep, Affirmative Action and any sort of "racial quota" is nothing more than government-sponsored racism.

When you go to apply for a job, especially jobs involving the state or county and they give you those silly tests. The test are ranked on ethnic background. Whites are given a harder test then the blacks, but the Hispanics get the easier of the tests.

Affirmative Action was needed in the 60's and 70's due to the long standing black vs white issues. I don't really see the need for it today.

Another thing with Affirmative action is it wasn't only driven by race. It was also a platform for women as well.

County Mike
06-02-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm sorry I ruined your Black Panther party.

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsH/7378-6645.gif

Miss Foxy
06-02-2009, 05:40 PM
When you go to apply for a job, especially jobs involving the state or county and they give you those silly tests. The test are ranked on ethnic background. Whites are given a harder test then the blacks, but the Hispanics get the easier of the tests.

Affirmative Action was needed in the 60's and 70's due to the long standing black vs white issues. I don't really see the need for it today.

Another thing with Affirmative action is it wasn't only driven by race. It was also a platform for women as well.
LMAO where are these tests and what tests are you referring to??

J.B.
06-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry I ruined your Black Panther party.

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsH/7378-6645.gif

CLASSIC :laugh:

J.B.
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM

Sorry, but that is just flat out BS

What planet do you live on?

logrus
06-02-2009, 06:48 PM
LMAO where are these tests and what tests are you referring to??

Depending on where you go, there are certain things employers will do. As a tradesman I have had to take a few tests to show I had knowledge on the area of my expertise.

One silly question was . "If your building a house with a floor dimension of 40x15, How many joist will be needed at 12" O.C with 16' joist." Feel free to answer it.

County Mike
06-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Depending on where you go, there are certain things employers will do. As a tradesman I have had to take a few tests to show I had knowledge on the area of my expertise.

One silly question was . "If your building a house with a floor dimension of 40x15, How many joist will be needed at 12" O.C with 16' joist." Feel free to answer it.

41?

Crisco
06-02-2009, 07:28 PM
http://www.pjhlaw.co.uk/uploads/images/Racist_sheep.jpg

Crisco
06-02-2009, 07:42 PM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-dog-pictures-interacial-dogs-porch.jpg

http://stuffblackpeoplehate.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/racism.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-white-mouse-black-mouse-rats.jpg

logrus
06-02-2009, 08:10 PM
41?

WRONG!!

NateR
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM

I agree, for racial issues, it just becomes reverse discrimination. Just like that case involving those white firefighters in New York.

I also remember the different physical fitness standards that they had for men and women in the Army.

Obviously men and women have different physical construction and men will always have an advantage when it comes to physical strength, speed and stamina (I'm not talking about endurance or pain tolerance, so don't rub that whole childbirth thing in our faces, ladies :tongue0011: ). That's the primary reason women are not allowed in combat positions. Now if a woman wants to serve in a combat role (for instance, Combat Infantry) then I have no problem with that.... as long as she can meet the male standards for physical fitness and weight, not just the female standards. I believe those standards exist for a reason, and we don't need to be getting our soldiers killed on the battlefield to appease some politically correct, Feminist mentality.

Crisco
06-02-2009, 08:25 PM
WRONG!!

It's a trick question

logrus
06-02-2009, 08:44 PM
It's a trick question

Nope no Trick,

Crisco
06-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Nope no Trick,

Well **** you I'm not answering it.

logrus
06-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Well **** you I'm not answering it.

Well come back later when I post the easier version of this same question lol. :Whistle:

Josh
06-03-2009, 04:28 AM
Well come back later when I post the easier version of this same question lol. :Whistle:
39?

Mac
06-03-2009, 05:32 AM
39?

Thats what i figured , Not counting the outside perimeter or "band joist" youd have to cut those 16 footers down to 14'9" since the outside perimeter is 15 feet.

NateR
06-03-2009, 05:43 AM
Thats what i figured , Not counting the outside perimeter or "band joist" youd have to cut those 16 footers down to 14'9" since the outside perimeter is 15 feet.

It's official, Mac is the smartest person on the forums! :w00t:

I thought "joist" was a typo.:unsure-1:

County Mike
06-03-2009, 11:08 AM

That's why I said 41. I was counting the outside joists. Basically starting at zero and going to 40, since they're one foot apart. Not sure why it's wrong though. Awaiting the explanation and easier version of the question.

Crisco
06-03-2009, 07:54 PM
That's why I said 41. I was counting the outside joists. Basically starting at zero and going to 40, since they're one foot apart. Not sure why it's wrong though. Awaiting the explanation and easier version of the question.

Cuz it's a trick

Josh
06-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Yeah that's kind of what I figured. I framed houses for a few years but I forgot most now so it was really a guess.

J.B.
06-04-2009, 06:47 AM
It's official, Mac is the smartest person on the forums! :w00t:

I thought "joist" was a typo.:unsure-1:

That's why people like you and I make our living using computers and not building structures... :laugh:

County Mike
06-04-2009, 11:24 AM
So what's the friggin' answer? (with an explanation. I won't be satisfied with just a number being posted and we're supposed to accept that it's correct.)

logrus
06-04-2009, 05:20 PM

Thats just the thing, thats how vague my version of the test was. The other versions stated to include the outer rim,

Anyways Mac says 39 without the Rim, and if you ad the rim you would need 2 more 16 footers for the back, 2 more 16 footers for the front, then another 16 footer would be cut in half to finish the front and back box, then you would need 2 more for the sides.

39 is right if you do not count the box

41 is wrong :tongue0011:

sorry I was a bit late I am fighting pneumonia.

Crisco
06-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Thats just the thing, thats how vague my version of the test was. The other versions stated to include the outer rim,

Anyways Mac says 39 without the Rim, and if you ad the rim you would need 2 more 16 footers for the back, 2 more 16 footers for the front, then another 16 footer would be cut in half to finish the front and back box, then you would need 2 more for the sides.

Don't be a sissy pft

County Mike
06-04-2009, 05:34 PM

I didn't think the header and footer were called joists.

rockdawg21
06-04-2009, 06:24 PM
ObAmerica, it sucks here. This brings meaning to a new term "Obamished".