PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 94 **SPOILERS**

Black Mamba
02-01-2009, 12:50 AM
**********SPOILERS***********

Undercard fights should be getting underway soon. I read up at MMAjunkie they should be starting at 4:45 PT. And here's a link to the undercard results as they pop up:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13877/ufc-94-round-by-round-updates-official-results-and-tonights-winners.mma

:punch: And oh yeah, WAR GSP!!! :punch:

Black Mamba
02-01-2009, 12:57 AM
MATT ARROYO VS. DAN CRAMER

Round 1 -Arroyo with an early leg kick, but his shoot is stuffed by Cramer. The second, though, is successful, and Aarroyo is able to pull guard, reverse the position and immediately take mount. Cramer reverses, but Arroyo quickly secures an arm and tries for the armbar. Cramer escapes and works from inside guard. The fighters catch a breather before Arroyo works elbows from below. Cramer's punches from above are easily deflected. However, Cramer finally gets through a couple elbows and then a big right and blows to the body. Cramer sits up before the blows, but despite telegraphing them, Arroyo can do nothing to stop them.Cramer lands a stiff right, but Arroyo grabs the arm again and works for an armbar. Cramer survives and then batters him with more rights. After standing, Cramer doesn't allow Arroyo to do the same and then smothers his opponent when Arroyo tries to get to his feet. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Cramer.

Black Mamba
02-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Round 2 - After a touch of the gloves, Arroyo misses on a lazy right and is put on his back after a spinning back kick misses widely. Cramer takes the dominant top position as Arroyo works butterfly guard. Cramer stands over his opponent and then rains down some right hands that connect. Arroyo quickly secures full guard and defends against more right hands from Cramer. Back to butterfly guard for Arroyo, who throws elbows from below. They have little on them, and Cramer again lands some rights from above. Cramer again stands over his opponent, and as he awaits his opening, the crowd begins to boo. Cramer returns to his opponent's guard. Arroyo throws elbows while Cramer patiently looks to connect with big rights. The pace slows as both fighters look to have tired. Referee Steve Mazzagatti halts the action when Arroyo kicks Cramer in the face, and a warning is issued. Back to action, Cramer again stands over Arroyo, and the crowd again grows restless. Little action in the final 30 seconds of the frame. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Cramer.

Black Mamba
02-01-2009, 01:05 AM
I forgot Nate Diaz and Clay Guida are fighting. That should be a really good fight.

Black Mamba
02-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Round 3 - Arroyo has a major black eye as the left side of his face swells. The fighters trade blows in the center of the cage, and Arroyo finally secures a takedown of his own. Cramer, though, looks for the triangle choke, but without the position, he allows Arroyo to take sidemount and then his back. Arroyo climbs onto his back and sinks in a rear-naked choke. Cramer won't tap and breaks free of the choke, but Arroyo still has his back. After throwing some punches from behind, Arroyo again attempts the choke as he locks in a body triangle. Cramer wiggles free and is able to turn free and take top position. Now working from inside his opponent's guard, Cramer rains down elbows. The pace slows as Cramer works elbows. Mazzagatti steps in and restarts them. Arroyo shoots lazily, and Cramer collapses on top of him and immediately rains down elbows that find their mark. Arroyo looks for the triangle choke, but Cramer pulls back and frees himself. With a sense of desparation, Arroyo looks for a submission, but Cramer closes out the round with a flurry of ground and pound. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Cramer in what should be a clean sweep of a decision.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 01:13 AM
That's not an undercard fight is it?:huh:

I forgot Nate Diaz and Clay Guida are fighting. That should be a really good fight.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 01:21 AM
:laugh:

UFC 94 Play-by-Play:

-Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch
(Christian Wellisch makes his way to the ring with "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" by Culture Club blaring over the loudspeakers.)
R1 –

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 01:28 AM
R1 – O'Brien and Wellisch immediately start trading punches, O'Brien dropping Wellisch briefly. Wellisch pops right back up, they trade a few more shots before O'Brien wrestles Wellisch to his back and starts a ground and pound attack from inside the guard. After a bit of a stalemate, they're back on their feet. Wellisch misses with a high kick and eats a stiff left jab to jaw. Wellisch misses on his takedown attempt, but falls to his back. O'Brien follows him down and starts to work again from inside the guard. No real damage being done, referee Yves Lavigne stands them up and they immediately start trading punches again. Wellisch lands a couple good punches to the head. O'Brien takes Wellisch down and they trade a couple of up and down positions as the round ends with no further serious damage.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for O'Brien.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 01:29 AM
R2 – Wellisch starts the round with a strong overhand right. They exchange blows with Wellisch being a little busier of the two, landing more frequently with both punches and kicks. O'Brien is landing some of his shots though, as evidenced by the blodd pouring from Wellisch's nose. O'Brien shoots and scores the double-leg takedown on O'Brien and begins the ground and pound again, but Wellisch defends well and works back to the feet. Wellisch is again pushing the pace, landing a few good single shots, but not landing many of his follow-ups on the combinations. O'Brien again shoots and takes Wellisch down and begins working from inside his guard. Wellisch again works back to the feet and the round ends in a brief exchange.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Wellisch.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 01:41 AM
R3 – While O'Brien looks less tired than Wellisch to start round three, it is Wellisch that is pushing the pace, again landing various punches and kicks. O'Brien again falls back on the takedown and lands it, but Wellisch works his way back to the feet immediately. O'Brien seems to be waiting to counter and Wellisch is using that to his advantage to pile up the score, but just as he gets going, O'Brien takes him down again. Again, Wellsich is right back to his feet, stalking O'Brien, pot-shotting him with punches and kicks. Wellisch is breathing hard, no doubt due in part to blood flowing through his nose, but he is still the busier fighter of the two. O'Brien scores a couple more takedowns, landing in guard on the second one. Wellisch again gets out and up to his feet, the round ending with Wellisch defending another O'Brien takedown.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Wellisch; the fight 29-28 for Wellisch.

Jake O'Brien def. Christian Wellisch by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 28-29), R3

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 02:39 AM
Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares
R1 – Neither fighter is quick to engage. About 45 seconds in, Tavares scores with a double-leg takedown and starts working some solid ground and pound from Gamburyan's guard. Moving to half guard, Tavares has his arm snagged by Gamburyan, who attempts a Kimura. The move is close to a finish, but Tavares deftly spins out and back into the full guard of Gamburyan, again unleashing an aggressive ground and pound barrage. Gamburyan attempts to escape, but Tavares has a gut wrench hold. Standing, Gamburyan throws Tavares, who maintains the gut wrench the entire time and thy return to their feet. Tavares picks Gamburyan up and slams him to the mat, back into his guard and attacking with punches and hammerfists. They work back to their feet as the round ends.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Tavares.

R2 – More GSP and B.J. Penn chants erupt in one corner of the arena, as Gamburyan moves in on Tavares with a combination of punches and kicks that doesn't do much damage, few landing. Tavares attempts a takedown, but Gamburyan reverses it and lands on the mat in Tavares' full guard, attacking with ground and pound. A slow down in the action and referee Josh Rosenthal stands the fighters up. They immediately start trading punches, Tavares getting the better of the exchange, landing a wild right hook before they lock-up along the fence, the round ending.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Gamburyan.

R3 – Tavares opens with some strong right hands, but can't score the takedown he's looking for. They exchange, but Tavares' size is weighing in his favor, giving him the harder punch of the two, but then Gamburyan fires right back with a straight right that snaps Tavares' head back, then follows with a strong leg kick. Gamburyan lands a couple more good shots, but Tavares lands a cracking leg kick of his own and soon follows with a right cross. Gamburyan fails on his takedown attempt and eats a knee from Tavares on his way back to the feet. Gamburyan shoots again, but Tavares fends him off and they start exchanging punches again. The fight ends in a dance over the last 20 seconds with no strikes thrown.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Tavares; the fight 29-28 for Tavares.

Thiago Tavares def. Manny Gamburyan by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28), R3

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 02:40 AM
-Jon Fitch (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Akihiro Gono
(Gono and his two sidekicks make their way to the ring wearing sequined dresses and wigs... yes, in drag, giving fans a little dance routine as they stopped just short of the Octagon.)

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 02:43 AM
R1 – Fitch opens with a hard-fought takedown attempt, but Gono defends and they end up clinched on the fence, exchanging knees before separating. Fitch drives in with punches, clinches and then starts an attack of knees to the body. They separate, but Fitch immediately continues to stalk Gono and finally scores a takedown, getting to the Japanese fighter's back. He works for the choke, but starts throwing punches to the side of Gono's head in an attempt to open him up. Gono tries to stand, but Fitch maintains back control as the round ends.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Fitch.

Come on Fitch! :applause:

bj44
02-01-2009, 02:43 AM
-Jon Fitch (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Akihiro Gono
(Gono and his two sidekicks make their way to the ring wearing sequined dresses and wigs... yes, in drag, giving fans a little dance routine as they stopped just short of the Octagon.)

how sherdog described it

Gono walks down in full drag: wig, sparkly silver dress and glamour shades. He’s with two other dancing "women" and performs a choreographed dance routine at the base of the Octagon. Gomo now puts on traditional red shorts. Fitch enters the cage dressed like ... Jon Fitch

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 02:50 AM
R2 – Fitch lands a hard kick to the leg of Gono that leaves him limping a bit before they clinch along the fence. Fitch eventually secures a leg-trip takedown, landing in Gono's closed guard. Fitch starts dropping forearms and punches to Gono's head and body. Fitch attacks the body with a series of punches, then goes heavy with forearms on Gono's skull, putting the fight very near a stoppage. Gono scrambles, but Fitch takes his back and locks on the body triangle, punching his head. Gono tries to get out, but gets caught in an armbar just before the bell sounds.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Fitch.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 02:56 AM
R3 – Fitch catches Gono with a punch to the midsection and then follows with a solid kick and takedown. He immediately starts working his ground and pound from half guard, stuffing punches and forearms in Gono's face. Gono does a good job upkicking Fitch back and returning to his feet. Gono attempts a jumping knee, but Fitch catches him and ties him up on the fence. Back away from the cage, Gono goes for a rolling kneebar, but Fitch defends well, maintaining back control. Gono turns and Fitch works some brutal strikes from knee on belly. Gono reverses into Fitch's half butterfly guard before falling into full guard. Gono gets out and stands up, attempting a kick as Fitch stands up, but can't score. Fitch lands a left-right punch combination followed by several knees, then scrambles Gono to the mat as the round ends.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Fitch; the fight 30-27 for Fitch.

John Fitch def. Akihiro Gono by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26), R3

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 02:59 AM
I'll bet Gono is lookin' pretty tomorrow :laugh:

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 03:06 AM
I'll bet Gono is lookin' pretty tomorrow :laugh:

He'll look like a battered wife. :laugh:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Guida and Diaz coming out now:w00t:
WAR CLAY! ( not sure he'll win though :unsure-1: )

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Clay won round one says me! :w00t: That was awesome!:w00t:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:23 AM
-Nathan Diaz vs. Clay Guida
R1 – Guida scores first with a couple strong leg kicks, but Diaz is doing a good job putting his jab out there. Guida is using his movement a lot, keeping his head down and throwing the right hand followed by a kick, but Diaz is starting to really pop the jab. Guida snags a leg, but soon gives up on the takedown and launches a right hand to the body. Diaz goes for the takedown, but Guida stuffs it and ends up on top of Diaz on the ground in half-guard, then moving to full guard. As Diaz stands, Guida takes his back, wrestling Diaz down with a full nelson hold. Diaz flips over, lands on all fours, but Guida still has back control as they stand up. Guida scoops Diaz up and slams him to mat, landing in guard, firing punches. They scramble back up to the feet where Guida maintains control and lands a solid knee.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 Guida.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:29 AM
Wow, Clay is in complete control of this one! Diaz can't do shyte!:w00t:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:29 AM
R2 – The round opens with a brief exchange, then a clinch on the fence, Diaz landing knees to the body, then Guida landing knees to the thighs. From behind, Guida wrestles Diaz to the mat, but they quickly return to their feet along the fence. A chess match for position at this point with Guida being more in control. Diaz scores a nice hip toss, but Guida maintains control from behind Diaz, neither able to secure anything too damaging. Diaz again scores the takedown, but Guida maintains contol and then works into Diaz' guard as the round ends, Diaz looking for a submission, Guida throwing punches.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Guida

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Last round was a little boring but there's no way the Diaz boy wins this.HAHAHA!

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Clay gives the Diaz boy his first UFC loss! :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:37 AM
R3 – They come out firing, Diaz gaining the upper hand with his jab. Guida staying busy, moving in with the punch-kick combination, but Diaz' reach is keeping him ahead as he lands more combinations, more frequently. Diaz starts posturing, taunting Guida, but then unleashes a flurry that has Guida hurt. Guida finally locks Diaz up along the fence, but Diaz uses the hip toss again. Right back up on the feet, Guida maintains control from behind, but Diaz tries to work for the Kimura. Guida then wrests Diaz down with a single-leg, but they're right back up against the fence. Guida jumps up on Diaz' back near the end of the round, but can't take advantage and the fight is over.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Diaz; the fight 29-28 for Guida.

Clay Guida def. Nate Diaz by Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28), R3

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 03:39 AM
Thank goodness. I can't stand those Diaz boys.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:45 AM
I can' stand Karo "Don't you know who I am" whats-his-face :blink:
Man I sure hope he loses :Whistle:

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 03:53 AM
I can' stand Karo "Don't you know who I am" whats-his-face :blink:
Man I sure hope he loses :Whistle:

I like Karo. :laugh: Funny that I like some guys who are punks and not others. Karo makes me laugh. The Diaz boys just make me wanna punch 'em in the face and then run. :punch:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Run :laugh:

This fight is boring.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:02 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/boredyawn.gif

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 04:03 AM
Run :laugh:

This fight is boring.

Heck yeah, I'd run. I may be a violent, psycho chick but I ain't stoopid. :laugh:

~Amy

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 04:03 AM
Rogan: "It was like get off me *itch." :laugh:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:05 AM
One thing is for sure. Those two are bringing sexy back with those shorts :)

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:09 AM
How in the f did Karo win? :blink:

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 04:10 AM
One thing is for sure. Those two are bringing sexy back with those shorts :)

I think last time Karo fought he wore hayabusa shorts, not the man panties. I have the same ones he wore last time but white ones, not black. :) They are kind of pricey but are really great quality and fit.

Woohoo!!! Karo won!!

~Amy

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 04:10 AM
How in the f did Karo win? :blink:

Points baby. I didn't watch it close enough to score it myself. So I'll just trust the judges got it right this time. :laugh:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:12 AM
I hope Bonnar wins

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:14 AM
Hi all you crazy "Guests" who are reading this thread! You should just sign up! :party0019:

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 04:15 AM
I hope Bonnar wins

Me too.

~Amy

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 04:16 AM
Hi all you crazy "Guests" who are reading this thread! You should just sign up! :party0019:

They are chicken. You have to admit that you and I are rather intimidating, Michelle. :wink:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:18 AM
Let's go Bonnar! :applause:

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 04:25 AM
Um, I may switch to the other guy. I don't want to root for a loser tonight. :laugh: His throws are very pretty. And that elbow.....Love it!

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Bonnar doesnt look so good :cry:

mikthehick
02-01-2009, 04:38 AM
Wasn't at all impressed with the first two fights. All Guida did was the judo throw and one slam and Karo didn't do nothin!

And now Jon Jones looked better in the third round...we'll see. Maybe the title fight will be really REALLY good :)

TexasRN
02-01-2009, 04:43 AM
I'm glad I switched to liking that Jones guy. Forget Bonnar. He lost. :laugh:

~Amy

mikthehick
02-01-2009, 04:46 AM
war lyoto!!!

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:48 AM
This is going to be a good one! WAR good fight!:w00t:

Neezar
02-01-2009, 04:50 AM
War Karate Man! :frantics:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:51 AM
Ouch! A wiener kick!:scared0011:

Neezar
02-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Where is my boring karate fighter? :angry:

Neezar
02-01-2009, 04:58 AM
Wow! :scared0015:

:punch:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:58 AM
That wasn't even a good fight but for the last two punches :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 04:59 AM
-Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
R1 – As Silva moves in, Machida is the first to start throwing leather, later followed by a left high kick. They clinch, Machida throws a knee, and Silva backs away, complaining of a low blow. They restart, Machida moving in and taking Silva down, landing on top, but they scramble and are quickly back on the feet. Machida dives in with a right hand, but no real damage. Machida drives a knee to the body and lands a punch that puts Silva on his back. Machida follows him down and into his guard, but stands back up, Silva kicking at his shins. Machida dives down into Silva's guard, starting to ground and pound, but stands back up, allowing Silva up, then kicks him in the head. Machida catches Silva with a left-right punch combination, flooring him again, but can't finish him off. They wrestle back to their feet, clinched. Machida leg trips Silva, who falls to his back, and then Machida follows him down landing a huge right hand that puts Silva out cold just a split second before the bell.

Lyoto Machida def. Thiago Silva by KO (Punch) at 4:59, R1

mikthehick
02-01-2009, 05:04 AM
When Lyoto punched Thiago down there, his head rebounded on the mat, that was crazy. He was knocked out for a bit there.

I'm SOOOO excited omgosh!!!!

This fight is going to be great!!!! :D

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:06 AM
I don't know how Karo won either--really I think Dong had the edge in the third.

However....

I think I'm in love (well 2nd in line after Matt)...

Lyoto Machida :punch: :punch: and...

he's OUT!!!!:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 05:07 AM
IT'S STARTING!!!
:jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045:

Neezar
There has got to be better Hawaiian music out there.

sasquatch
It's almost time!!!:w00t:

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Georges looks nervous Michelle! :tongue0011:

and he ain't even in the ring yet!

sasquatch
02-01-2009, 05:15 AM
What's happening!?!

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:21 AM
I'm not sure who won that round.:unsure-1:

Chris F
02-01-2009, 05:23 AM
Round 1 - No touch of the gloves. After an early clinch, St. Pierre pins Penn against the cage and works knees to the body. Penn gets off the fence and delivers his own. Still clinched, St. Pierre dips for a leg, and then two, but Penn masterfully avoids the takedown. Penn grabs a Muay Thai clinch as St. Pierre again goes lowfor a takedown attempt. Penn balances out of it and hobbles around on one leg as every kind of chant eachoes through the arena. St. Pierre breaks the hold with an overhand punch that partially connected. He then backs up penn with a combination and partially connects on a right. Back to the center of the cage. St. Pierre again looks for the single-leg takedown, but Penn again balances perfectly to avoid it. Pinned against the fence, Penn eats a short uppercut but lands a left on the seperation. Back to the center of the cage before St. Pierre lands a left and then a right. Penn shakes it off. The fighters again clinch, and St. Pierre pushes Penn into the fence. Penn misses a big right hand and then absorbs a low leg kick from St. Pierre. The round's final clinch allows St. Pierre to sneak in a short uppercut. MMAjunkie.com gives a close round to St. Pierre, 10-9.

Neezar
02-01-2009, 05:24 AM
What's happening!?!

Rogan is making me nauseated with the BJ worship. :laugh:

Chris F
02-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Round 2 - St. Pierre works the left jab and catches Penn with it when he rushed in. Penn retreats to regroup and eats another punch when he again pushes forward. St. Pierre shoves Penn into the cage and is met with an elbow, and when St. Pierre dips, Penn batters him with some quick rabbit punches. St. Pierre, though, finally gets the takdown and works from inside Penn's guard. Penn goes high with his legs but eats an elbow to the kisser and some shots to the body. Penn shows no ill effects from it but is blasted with a right when St. Pierre stands over him and rains down a punch. St. Pierre takes side control and delivers a steady dose of punches, and the crowd goes crazy.

Neezar
02-01-2009, 05:25 AM
GSP is trying to finish him ala Matt Hughes style. :laugh:

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:26 AM

Yeah, 2nd round to Georges, dangit! :angry:

Chris F
02-01-2009, 05:27 AM
St. Pierre maintains the dominant position and connects with punches to both sides of Penn's head. St. Pierre tries to secure the crucifix position, but Penn escapes. Back to full guard, St. Pierre delivers elbows to the head and body. Penn tries to again high with his guard, but St. Pierre stands out of it and rains down two big punches and reclaims side control. Penn wraps him back up in full guard but eats two quick forearm strikes to the mouth. A third one is followed by a right hand, but Penn's face is starting to show some damage. St. Pierre closes out the round with more ground and pound to take a two-rounds-to-none lead. MMAjunkie.com has it 10-9 for St. Pierre.

que
02-01-2009, 05:27 AM
this is sad.

sasquatch
02-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Sounds like BJ's getting busted up.

Neezar
I think Rogan might cry.

Chris F
Round 3 - St. Pierre lands a left jab and a couple leg kicks and then attacks Penn with a couple punches from different angles. Penn's now gushing blood from his nose as he eats another head-snapping jab. St. Pierre clinches and looks for the single-leg takedown. It wasn't easy, but he gets it. St. Pierre frees one leg from Penn's guard and looks to move into side control.

que
02-01-2009, 05:32 AM
well this settles it. the way things are going GSP is definitely the greatest WW in the world

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:33 AM
this is sad.

I thought BJ would at least bust his face up again!

Crap!

Neezar
02-01-2009, 05:35 AM
well this settles it. the way things are going GSP is definitely the greatest WW in the world

Doesn't it make you mad that BJ just seems to kinda give up ?

Chris F
02-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Round 4 - The doctor check on Penn but allow the fight to continue. Dean gets things started, and we now enter a championship fourth round. St. Pierre goes high a left and low with a righ kick, and Penn's then forced to the mat with a double-leg takedown. St. Pierre easily secures side control and puts Penn in the crucifix position to rain down a few blows. The blows continue as St. Pierre presses his elbow into Penn's mouth. The referee warns them about something, and Penn's head is bounced off the mat like a basketball. St. Pierre then takes the mount position and eats additional blows and the ref keeps watchful eye on things.

que
02-01-2009, 05:38 AM
Doesn't it make you mad that BJ just seems to kinda give up ?

he doesn't look like he has given up, he is still very active, keeping GSP in his guard at all times. if he had given up he would have been finished by now. it's just hard when you give up 20 pounds to your opponent, and fighting the best WW in the world

MMeh
02-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Gsp, Gsp!!!!!!!!!!

MMeh
02-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Good stoppage by BJ's corner, he wasn't fighting back in the 4th, but he wouldn't have quit either. Great night for GSP

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:42 AM
Maybe BJ should stop trying to come up to 170. He can't seem to see it through.

His brother put the ixnay on the fight and it was stopped.

Referee stoppage!

The Canadian is still the champion. :sick:

Neezar
02-01-2009, 05:43 AM
he doesn't look like he has given up, he is still very active, keeping GSP in his guard at all times. if he had given up he would have been finished by now. it's just hard when you give up 20 pounds to your opponent, and fighting the best WW in the world

Really? I felt like I could tell when he quit trying to win and just started trying to survive. :sad:

Hey, but I give him respect for getting in there.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 05:44 AM
wooooowhoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHATS UP NOW YOU HATERS??!!

que
02-01-2009, 05:46 AM
i feel very sad for BJ, he didn't look very good at all. he looked slow. i almost want to cry for him right now. but at the same time i am very impressed with GSP after all this and he is winning me over with his attitude. good win for him.

thiago alves said "i want the shytle tot" instead of "title shot"

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:46 AM
I thought only pussys tap to strikes .soooo BJ is a pussy with a big mouth:laugh: as far as I see thats exactly what happened

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Michelle must be too busy celebrating to comment right now! :laugh:

Congrats, Michelle, on your guy winning. He obviously deserves it...right now anyway! :wink:

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:47 AM
lol

all the BJ nut Juggers are now in a depression

THIS IS F-ING GREAT

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:49 AM
I thought only pussys tap to strikes .soooo BJ is a pussy with a big mouth:laugh: as far as I see thats exactly what happened

Well, if that's the way you want to look at it, but he didn't tap, technically. :tongue0011:

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Well, if that's the way you want to look at it, but he didn't tap, technically. :tongue0011:

sorry his arse beating was so great his bro had to do it for him

que

well too bad for you he didn't tap. his coach called it off, he would have kept going though

MMeh
i feel very sad for BJ, he didn't look very good at all. he looked slow. i almost want to cry for him right now. but at the same time i am very impressed with GSP after all this and he is winning me over with his attitude. good win for him.

thiago alves said "i want the shytle tot" instead of "title shot"

Honestly, I think GSP might look like that in a fight against the Spider - weight classes are in place for a reason, the size difference tonight was significant. I'd pull for him, but tonight was a reminder that pound for pound arguments are sometimes best left as arguments. Classy interview by GSP after the fight, showed respect to BJ and Alves (even tried to get the crowd to stop booing Thiago). Great fighter, very sincere individual, I think he's a worthy successor in both of those respects to Matt Hughes as the top dog at 170. War GSP!

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:51 AM

Calm down before you have a heart attack or something!

rearnakedchoke
man, that was crazy ... gsp is great ... i am just waiting for the excuses .. but in reality, although i was nervous, i knew gsp would put on a clinic .. but i think gsp did what he wanted and made BJ quit ...

MattHughesRocks
And GSP DOMINATED COMPLETELY so there isn't a single "if/and/or but about it he won 100%

:jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Heart is fine but my voice is on the way out and neighbors hate me I'm sure!:laugh:

Calm down before you have a heart attack or something!

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:52 AM
well too bad for you he didn't tap. his coach called it off, he would have kept going though

all he did is wait till the round was over than he quit thats the only diffrence

Max
02-01-2009, 05:53 AM
I will give GSP mad props. He beat BJ down. In the end BJ could not over come the weight difference. Im glad that BJ will remain at 155 though, I think he is at his best there.

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:54 AM

RIGHT:Whistle:

que
all he did is wait till the round was over than he quit thats the only diffrence

no, if you watch the replay you see his coach tell the DR and herb dean it's over. BJ would have kept going. it was the right decision made by his coach though

MattHughesRocks
I am so ****ing impressed! I knew he'd win but wow, he went beyond even my expectations :applause: I'm SO excited for him!:w00t: What an awesome fighter and BJ, well, he's turned into the piece of shyte he sounds like when he talks :laugh:

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Well, it will be interesting to see GSP and Alves fight.

Tonight was my first time to see Lyoto Machida fight and it was great! Want to see more of him. :punch:

Stephan Bonner was totally owned by Jon Johnson (?)!

I was rooting for Guida (I'm with Amy, don't like the Diaz kid); I just wish he'd get a HAIRCUT! :laugh:

Neezar
02-01-2009, 05:56 AM
i feel very sad for BJ, he didn't look very good at all. he looked slow.

Oooooo, let's see....Staph? Torn ACL? Strep throat? Broken rib? Explosive diarrhea? etc.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 05:57 AM
I think he likes being in this position
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MattBashingBJ.gif

:tongue0011:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

no, if you watch the replay you see his coach tell the DR and herb dean it's over. BJ would have kept going. it was the right decision made by his coach though

Max
02-01-2009, 05:57 AM
BJ never quit, watch the replay, his brother tells the doctor that they want the fight to end.

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 05:58 AM

Yeah, I think his brother/coach did the right thing. I think BJ needs to stay down at 155 from now on.

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:59 AM
I think he likes being in this position
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MattBashingBJ.gif

:tongue0011:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love THAT could I have that for my sig

Max
Well, it will be interesting to see GSP and Alves fight.
I think the fight will look almost the same. GSP will not stand with Alves and will look for the take down the whole fight.

Bonnie
Oooooo, let's see....Staff? Torn ACL? Strep throat? Broken rib? Explosive diarrhea? etc.

:happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198:

I didn't believe that crap about a rib after his fight with Matt. Matt beat him...end...stop...period! Just like GSP just did except GSP did it for one more round. No excuses this time BJ!

I was rooting for BJ just cause I wanted GSP to lose but I wasn't looking forward to BJ running off at the mouth (if he won) about holding two belts. This was just a lose/lose fight for me!

MattHughesRocks
No because we can't have moving sigs :(

I love THAT could I have that for my sig

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 06:00 AM
I will give GSP mad props. He beat BJ down. In the end BJ could not over come the weight difference. Im glad that BJ will remain at 155 though, I think he is at his best there.
no doubt ... there was plenty of trash talk not only between the fighters, but on here ... i still have mad respect for BJ for fighting GSP ... honestly BJ to me looked nervous before the fight ... i felt bad for him near the end of that ... i really think BJ goes down with a vengence and beats on kenflo ....

MattHughesRocks
And I know mine is moving but it's moving slowly and I've promised to take it down by tomorrow :)

NateR
In the third round, BJ looked EXACTLY like he did against Matt in UFC 63. Totally gassed and worn out.

Is this the first time BJ's ever fought a fourth round?

Neezar
02-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Oooooo, let's see....Staph? Torn ACL? Strep throat? Broken rib? Explosive diarrhea? etc.

:happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198:

Well, BJ just wasn't himself. There was obviously something wrong.

bradwright
02-01-2009, 06:01 AM
well it went pretty much the way i thought it would,,Georges has been getting better everyday and Bj has been pretty much stagnant since their last fight,,i started to feel sorry for BJ after the second round you could see he was at a loss of what to do and even looked a little depressed at times but he is the one that asked for the fight and like i said before,,he will never ask again.

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 06:02 AM
In the third round, BJ looked EXACTLY like he did against Matt in UFC 63. Totally gassed and worn out.

Is this the first time BJ's ever fought a fourth round?
nah, he went five with uno and pulver ...

MattHughesRocks
Just because you don't tap when your getting your face hopelessly bashed in does NOT make you a great fighter. It just makes you an idiot.

BJ never quit, watch the replay, his brother tells the doctor that they want the fight to end.

Preach
BJ lost I am sad and I am going to bed. I told ya I would comeon here win or lose and here I am. GSP dominated and showed that he is in a league of his own. BJ needs to stay at 155

Max
02-01-2009, 06:03 AM
I love how people are on here trying to joke the fact that BJ lost yet BJ has lasted longer than most people against GSP.

Neezar
02-01-2009, 06:03 AM

Some people are saying that BJ quit long before the fight was called. :unsure-1:

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 06:04 AM
man, i feel bad for Firas though .... wasn't he supposed to take 20-30 minutes and eff himself tonite .. sorry

Neezar
02-01-2009, 06:05 AM
I love how people are on here trying to joke the fact that BJ lost yet BJ has lasted longer than most people against GSP.

Yeah, the same way that people were joking on GSP having to go to the hospital even though he WON last time. Just don't make much sense, huh?

:wink:

Bonnie
I think the fight will look almost the same. GSP will not stand with Alves and will look for the take down the whole fight.

We'll see how well Alves uses those leg kicks (ouch!)!

That fight will be like this one was for me--not crazy about either guy!

Max
Just because you don't tap when your getting your face hopelessly bashed in does NOT make you a great fighter. It just makes you an idiot.
so I guess tapping with 1 sec left in the round before the arm bar is sunk and tapping to strikes from a guy that has never TKOed anyone makes you a great fighter???

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 06:06 AM
What's wrong with BJ is his mouth. He keeps running it with people he can't beat. He really needs to STFU from now on.
I have a smile PLASTERED on my face and I can't get it off:biggrin-1:

bradwright
BJ lost I am sad and I am going to bed. I told ya I would comeon here win or lose and here I am. GSP dominated and showed that he is in a league of his own. BJ needs to stay at 155
very well put,,even though i was for GSP all the way i'm a little sad too,,
i wish BJ would have never asked for it in the first place,,

rearnakedchoke

hey, no doubt about it ... but BJ did all the talking ... he would probably still beat a lot of WW's if not all of them ... i am surprised that GSP took a few attempts to take him down ... but it was still a clinic ... GSP should beat alves and BJ will beat Kenflo ... i just hope he has the drive

Jason 16
Some people are saying that BJ quit long before the fight was called. :unsure-1:

ERm.... I might be one (with a hand up)

Max
02-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Yeah, the same way that people were joking on GSP having to go to the hospital even though he WON last time. Just don't make much sense, huh?

:wink:
no dumb ass, people who thought B won that fight were using that fact to point out that BJ won.

rearnakedchoke
so I guess tapping with 1 sec left in the round before the arm bar is sunk and tapping to strikes from a guy that has never TKOed anyone makes you a great fighter???

come on now, talking about gsp like that is making you look like a sore loser and i know you aren't ... and that was against the greatest ww, neh ufc champ of all time

Max
ERm.... I might be one (with a hand up)
and you are a dumb ass. BJ never quit, if he quit he woul dhave just let GSP finish him.

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 06:08 AM
no dumb ass, people who thought B won that fight were using that fact to point out that BJ won.
hey now, no need for name calling

MattHughesRocks
You can say whatever you want. GSP kicked his ass right now, tonight :) He just keeps getting better and better and God only knows who is going to stop him but it won't be BJ Penn:laugh:

Neezar

Why is that different than someone pointing out the fact that BJ lost tonight?

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 06:09 AM
He was basicly trapped. He wasnt doing ANYTHING but lay there and get his ass whooped:laugh:

and you are a dumb ass. BJ never quit, if he quit he woul dhave just let GSP finish him.

Max
02-01-2009, 06:10 AM
come on now, talking about gsp like that is making you look like a sore loser and i know you aren't ... and that was against the greatest ww, neh ufc champ of all time
im not talking crap Im just responding to something stupid that was said. I will give GSP all the credit in the world, he is clearly the best WW in the world and I dont see him getting beat at WW unless he slacks off.

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 06:11 AM
im not talking crap Im just responding to something stupid that was said. I will give GSP all the credit in the world, he is clearly the best WW in the world and I dont see him getting beat at WW unless he slacks off.

cool .. i misread

Max
02-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Why is that different than someone pointing out the fact that BJ lost tonight?
I guess my main problem with it is people who hated GSP when he was fighting Matt are now sucking on his nuts just becasue he beat BJ (a fighter a lot of people on this site dont like) and acting like they were his fans from day 1

bradwright
02-01-2009, 06:12 AM
GSP did Finish him,,and he did it long before his brother stopped the fight.

que
02-01-2009, 06:13 AM
GSP won fairly squarely. BJ looked bad. no one in this thread is making excuses for BJ, so shut up and stop insinuating that people in this thread are doing that.

good win for GSP. and no, BJ did not quit. anyone with two eyes and a sober mind saw that his coach told herb dean and the DR it was over. BJ had nothing to do with that decision. he would have kept going. BJ has never tapped and never will. but as i said, it was the right decision by his coach and congrats georges.

Neezar
02-01-2009, 06:14 AM

I love how people are on here trying to joke the fact that GSP went to the hospital yet GSP is the one that won the fight.

See? It is EXACTLY the same deal. :wink:

NateR
no dumb ass

and you are a dumb ass.

Max, control yourself or get a three day ban.

MattHughesRocks
Here all you crybabies. Go here :)

http://www.bjpenn.com/
I understand theres a huge pity party goin' on right now!:hyper:

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 06:15 AM
I guess my main problem with it is people who hated GSP when he was fighting Matt are now sucking on his nuts just becasue he beat BJ (a fighter a lot of people on this site dont like) and acting like they were his fans from day 1

i have been a gsp from day one, even got banned on here after the 2nd matt fight .. but yeah, i am not a hut nugger and realize anyone can be beat on a given nite

Max
We'll see how well Alves uses those leg kicks (ouch!)!

That fight will be like this one was for me--not crazy about either guy!
Alves cant work the leg kicks if GSP will nto stand with him. GSP has proven that he not longer wants to stand with people, which is not a bad thing seeing how strong his wrestling is now.

Jason 16
He was basicly trapped. He wasnt doing ANYTHING but lay there and get his ass whooped:laugh:

your right trying to get the fight stoped by doing nothing is very close to tapping

Neezar
02-01-2009, 06:16 AM

And who would that be? No one on here has acted like they were a fan from day 1? :huh: It should have been clear to anyone with any sense (& sober, lol) who we were fans of when GSP was fighting Matt.

NateR
02-01-2009, 06:17 AM
.. and that was against the greatest ww, neh ufc champ of all time

Plenty of people here would disagree with that statement. :wink:

This is only GSP's second title defense and Matt looked just as dominant and unstoppable at this point in his career. GSP still has three title defenses to go to break Matt's record.

Max
02-01-2009, 06:17 AM
GSP did Finish him,,and he did it long before his brother stopped the fight.
clearly you missed the point of my post. There were points in round 4 where BJ could have just given up and let GSP finish him in round 4. BJ kept trying to get out.

Josh
02-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Great fight by GSP. He showed that he will be hanging on to the belt for a long time. I lost a little respect for BJ tonight. From what I could tell he trained hard for the fight but fighting someone like GSP I think he should have come in a lot stronger. As far as the fight ending he should have told his corner not to stop the fight. I am glad he is training harder but GSP showed that he earns his wins. I don't think BJ should come up a weight class again but I do think style wise GSP has a decent chance against Anderson. He could get Silva down easily I think and he could GnP him out from there.

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 06:19 AM
Plenty of people here would disagree with that statement. :wink:

This is only GSP's second title defense and Matt looked just as dominant and unstoppable at this point in his career. GSP still has three title defenses to go to break Matt's record.

i was talking about matt .... i was responding to someone who said gsp had no heart tapping out with 1 sec to go and that can only be one person ... Matt Hughes ...

kevint13
02-01-2009, 06:20 AM
I have been a fan of GSP for quite awhile. But after his 'not impressed' antics, I did lose some respect for him. I think BJ is a great fighter too, but his mouth finally wrote a check his butt couldn't cash.

NateR
02-01-2009, 06:21 AM
i was talking about matt .... i was responding to someone who said gsp had no heart tapping out with 1 sec to go and that can only be one person ... Matt Hughes ...

Oh :ashamed: well then never mind.... :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:

Carry on...:laugh:

bradwright
02-01-2009, 06:21 AM
clearly you missed the point of my post. There were points in round 4 where BJ could have just given up and let GSP finish him in round 4. BJ kept trying to get out.
no i didn't miss your point but i think you just might have missed the fight

Max
02-01-2009, 06:22 AM
And who would that be?
mostly matthughesrocks.

kevint13
02-01-2009, 06:23 AM
Here all you crybabies. Go here :)

http://www.bjpenn.com/
I understand theres a huge pity party goin' on right now!:hyper:

That's great....hahaha

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 06:24 AM

I was SCREAMING THAT!!!

Crucifix!!!!

rearnakedchoke
Oh :ashamed: well then never mind.... :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:

Carry on...:laugh:

i shall .. LOL

in reality, this is the way i see it .. everyone wants a shot at GSP as the Champ .. but from what I remember ... NO ONE wanted a piece of Matt when he was the champ ... because they knew it would end up one way and it wasn't good ... so even if GSP breaks matt's mark, you still gotta look at the fact that Matt was a baaaad man

Spiritwalker
this is sad.

No............. actually it's GREAT!!!

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Alves cant work the leg kicks if GSP will nto stand with him. GSP has proven that he not longer wants to stand with people, which is not a bad thing seeing how strong his wrestling is now.

I guess we'll have to wait for the fight to see how/if Georges is able to take him down. We'll discuss it more then.

And, Max, don't let the others get to you about this "tapping" nonsense. A tap is a tap and a stoppage is a stoppage. (just call them d.a's "silently" so Nathan won't ban you):wink:

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 06:25 AM

No way.. Da Hughes still has that title!!

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 06:26 AM

QFT!!!!

NateR
02-01-2009, 06:27 AM
mostly matthughesrocks.

Michelle has always been a GSP fan, it's nothing new. She just likes Matt more and was obviously rooting against GSP when Matt fought him.

Neezar
02-01-2009, 06:28 AM
I am happier for Michelle than I am GSP. :laugh:

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 06:29 AM

Loss of heart?

No stool to sit on?

Out Freaking CLASSED???

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 06:30 AM

yeah.. something was wrong.. maybe it had to do with that week long break in his camp...

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 06:31 AM
I have been a fan of GSP for quite awhile. But after his 'not impressed' antics, I did lose some respect for him. I think BJ is a great fighter too, but his mouth finally wrote a check his butt couldn't cash.

Me too! He wanted to sound all innocent like people "told him Matt was talking crap about him..." and that's why he went in the ring and said that--totally DISRESPECTFUL!

Matt showed such class that night in the face of that garbage! :punch:

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 06:33 AM
BJ had nothing to do with that decision.

Other than he was getting his arse handed to him you mean...

Kix
02-01-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm very happy that GSP won, but very surprised at the way B.J. fought....or perhaps the "lack" of fight in him :huh:

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 06:35 AM
On another note .. I was very impressed with Jon Jones ... who is this kid ..21 years old? yeah he gassed at the end, but i think if he gets more fights, he can improve on that ...

MMeh
02-01-2009, 06:36 AM
i shall .. LOL

in reality, this is the way i see it .. everyone wants a shot at GSP as the Champ .. but from what I remember ... NO ONE wanted a piece of Matt when he was the champ ... because they knew it would end up one way and it wasn't good ... so even if GSP breaks matt's mark, you still gotta look at the fact that Matt was a baaaad man

True, Matt had people SCARED to get in the cage with him, bad dudes, pro fighters. It wasn't just that you were going to get beat, but he was going to throw you around like a small child - you listening Serra? I've always liked Matt (one of the main reasons I'm a MMA fan) and GSP (a guy who I thought had all the potential in the world when I first saw him), you can't really do the whole legacy comparison until they're both done. Also, guys like Matt, Randy, Chuck (even though I can't stand him) were the foundation of the UFC/took it from the bingo hall to the MGM Grand, so that has to be taken into account when you look at their overall body of work. I look at it as layers, the Gracie/Shamrock at the base, Matt/Randy/Tito (ugh)/Chuck kept it going, and now guys like GSP/Fedor/Silva have a chance to add to the sport in their own way.

Josh
02-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Dana better start looking at olympic wrestlers to challenge GSP because he won't stand with people now and no one can stop his takedown.

MMeh
02-01-2009, 06:37 AM
On another note .. I was very impressed with Jon Jones ... who is this kid ..21 years old? yeah he gassed at the end, but i think if he gets more fights, he can improve on that ...

More proof that great wrestling is the skill set you want most in the UFC (although you do have to be well rounded)

Josh
02-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Yeah he was looking good tonight. It will be interesting to see if he can repeat that.

kevint13
02-01-2009, 06:39 AM
GSP is chatting on espn.com right now:

http://assets.espn.go.com/livenow/ufc94/

bradwright
02-01-2009, 06:39 AM
there was something wrong alright,,GSP WAS KICKING HIS ASSS.

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 06:45 AM
i shall .. LOL

He can break all the records he wants, but, I don't think his fights will ever be as exciting as Matt's have been to watch. Matt's the MAN! :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking :laugh:

there was something wrong alright,,GSP WAS KICKING HIS ASSS.

Bonnie
02-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking :laugh:

So, Michelle, don't keep us in suspense...

who are you going to be rooting for in GSP/Alves.

Come on, don't be shy! :laugh: :happy0198: :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2009, 07:01 AM
so now the big question ... does dana push gsp to fight alves in montreal in april ... i think it is too close, but dana can be convincing and that will be a huge selling point

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 07:22 AM
I don't think that's to close. I don't even think BJ hurt him at all:unsure-1:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/laughing.gif

so now the big question ... does dana push gsp to fight alves in montreal in april ... i think it is too close, but dana can be convincing and that will be a huge selling point

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Shy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So, Michelle, don't keep us in suspense...

who are you going to be rooting for in GSP/Alves.

Come on, don't be shy! :laugh: :happy0198: :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Well, good night everyone. I'll try not to be so "gloaty" tomorrow....but don't hold your breath:laugh:

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 08:52 AM
I cant believe I slept through the biggest card to date last night...I will have to see the replay tonight :sad:

All my picks lost, Wilson, Wellisch, Diaz, Penn...they all bloody lost.

bj44
02-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Bj didnt do anything the whole fight but stop a few takedowns... GSP owned him... Alves will atleast put up a fight i hope.

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Bj didnt do anything the whole fight but stop a few takedowns... GSP owned him... Alves will atleast put up a fight i hope.
What do you think was Penns problem???

I expected one to win, but never thought one would be super dominant over the other.

How can he finish Penn when he cant finish Fitch???? I dont understand it, Penn is supposed to be like...second to Fedor or something (maybe insert Anderson Silva between them)

was it the weight??? I cant think so...he didnt look THAT bad against Hughes or GSP before, is it the age??? 30...with his flexibility...I cant think that either...if he was pre-injured, we'd know by now...he'd have said it the moment he lost...if he'd been injured, we'd know that by now, he'd have said it the moment he lost...WTF happened to BJ Penn...he might have had a gas problem but NOT in the bloody first round!!!

bj44
02-01-2009, 10:59 AM
What do you think was Penns problem???

I expected one to win, but never thought one would be super dominant over the other.

How can he finish Penn when he cant finish Fitch???? I dont understand it, Penn is supposed to be like...second to Fedor or something (maybe insert Anderson Silva between them)

was it the weight??? I cant think so...he didnt look THAT bad against Hughes or GSP before, is it the age??? 30...with his flexibility...I cant think that either...if he was pre-injured, we'd know by now...he'd have said it the moment he lost...if he'd been injured, we'd know that by now, he'd have said it the moment he lost...WTF happened to BJ Penn...he might have had a gas problem but NOT in the bloody first round!!!GSp was just to big for him. They have weight classes for a reason. GSP was to strong, to athletic, and to good of a wrestler for Bj to do anything against him. Plus GSP has inproved tenfold since there last fight while bj has pretty much stayed the same. His cardio might be a bit better but thats it.

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
GSp was just to big for him. They have weight classes for a reason. GSP was to strong, to athletic, and to good of a wrestler for Bj to do anything against him. Plus GSP has inproved tenfold since there last fight while bj has pretty much stayed the same. His cardio might be a bit better but thats it.
Weight Classes have never been much of an obstical for Penn before :unsure-1:

bj44
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Like i said penn is pretty much the same fighter he was 3 yeas ago except with better conditioning. GSP has gotten better every fight since him and Bj last fought.

Tyburn
02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Like i said penn is pretty much the same fighter he was 3 yeas ago except with better conditioning. GSP has gotten better every fight since him and Bj last fought.
:unsure-1: ohh I see

Primadawn
02-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I didn't go back and read the whole thread yet--have to do it after church--but I'm so impressed with.............................................. .......myself! I picked the winner in every one of the televised fights--with the exception of Karo--and frankly, I can't believe he got the decision--so I'm going to say I picked them all!

They said that Jon "Bones" Jones was fighting out of Endicott NY--that's just a few minutes from me...and yet I've heard nothing about him--they haven't talked about him on local news or anything! I was impressed as all get out by him. Yeah he gassed out, but MAN! It's like he knew every move Bonnar was going to make before he made it! I was tickled that one of his sponsors was a local pizza joint! :laugh: I'll be really watching this kid! LOVE that he gave a shout-out to the "607", our area code! (Since I live right on the NY border, we have a NY state phone number--he was talking to ME!!!

Love that Nate stupid Diaz got beat--can't BELIEVE that it was a SPLIT decision! Thought it was funny that after every round, he would raise his arms up like he won it (after Guida let him up!). I've never been much of a fan of Clay's,but I think I'm starting to be..But with that belching between rounds, I was afraid he was going to puke! :laugh:

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 01:37 PM
man, i feel bad for Firas though .... wasn't he supposed to take 20-30 minutes and eff himself tonite .. sorry

LOL!!!.. yeah saw that.. wonderful!!!

County Mike
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Hard work pays off. Vacationing and talking crap INSTEAD OF working hard does not.

F34R
02-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I quit reading after page 16 because of all the flame bait being posted, and I'd probably be banned for replying to some of the posts here.

I'll just say, I didn't think GSP was THAT impressive. I concede he whooped the **** out of BJ, and that's not the way I thought/hoped this fight would go at all. I feel GSP could have finished the fight way before the end of the fourth.

Congrats to him though, he definitely proved me, and a lot of others, completely wrong lol.

Jonlion
02-01-2009, 02:38 PM
BJ was just well beat. I think its true that since the first Matt fight, and then after Serra. GSP has come on tenfold and is now a lot more advanced over his competitors.

He was just too strong, too big and too much stamina for BJ and he beat him convincingly.

As i said elsewhere, i think a 165 weight class could be on offer as GSP and Alves who are taking over the division are so much bigger than the WW of old.

CAVEMAN
02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Once again, BJ needs to stick to beating up midgets at 155!!! Btw, what is his record at WW now?.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :stirthepot:

GnP
02-01-2009, 02:45 PM
An interesting fact of this fight is to re watch it and take more interest in what the cornermen say to their respective fighters. it once again re-enforces the brilliance of Greg jackson The minute he talks to GSP he calms him down anaylises the round and gives short and precise instructions on what is best for the next round. BJ's corner simply said win the next round bra. Well thanks guys i had not thought of that before :unsure-1:

Mark delagradi and Greg jackson and head and shoulders above the rest and can be the difference in fights.

That said I think GSP could have had Big Bird as his corner man for this fight and would have still smashed BJ.

County Mike
02-01-2009, 02:51 PM
An interesting fact of this fight is to re watch it and take more interest in what the cornermen say to their respective fighters. it once again re-enforces the brilliance of Greg jackson The minute he talks to GSP he calms him down anaylises the round and gives short and precise instructions on what is best for the next round. BJ's corner simply said win the next round bra. Well thanks guys i had not thought of that before :unsure-1:

Mark delagradi and Greg jackson and head and shoulders above the rest and can be the difference in fights.

That said I think GSP could have had Big Bird as his corner man for this fight and would have still smashed BJ.

Except that Jackson told him to use kickboxing for the second round, when all he really did (rightfully so) was take him down again.

GnP
02-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Except that Jackson told him to use kickboxing for the second round, when all he really did (rightfully so) was take him down again.

he actually started with stand up and BJ pulls guard on him which is how it ended up on the ground

kevint13
02-01-2009, 03:15 PM
This was the interview I posted a few pages back. GSP starts at about 36:30. He discusses the strategy, the pre-hype, and also the 'greasing'.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=3875717

Max
02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
the main thing was that GSP was able to use his 20 lbs weight advantage (most of which is muscle) to push BJ up against the cage and wear him down. BJ did great stopping GSP's takedowns in round 1 but GSP's size was just to much for BJ. GSP never stopped looking for the takedown and only threw punches to close the gap. Even on the ground BJ was using everything he had to keep GSP in his guard and it just tired BJ out.

Max
02-01-2009, 03:55 PM
he actually started with stand up and BJ pulls guard on him which is how it ended up on the ground
i will have to go back and watch again but I dont think BJ pulled guard

MMeh
02-01-2009, 04:33 PM
the main thing was that GSP was able to use his 20 lbs weight advantage (most of which is muscle) to push BJ up against the cage and wear him down. BJ did great stopping GSP's takedowns in round 1 but GSP's size was just to much for BJ. GSP never stopped looking for the takedown and only threw punches to close the gap. Even on the ground BJ was using everything he had to keep GSP in his guard and it just tired BJ out.

Good analysis, completely agree with you. BJ burned through a ton of energy is the first couple rounds simply going for/holding position. He needed to have the gas tank of his life to have a chance last night, and even then he might have been eventually worn out. Again, I'm a fan of GSP, but this could be a early indicator of what GSP could have happen to him if he moves up to fight Silva (read somewhere that he occasionally cuts down from as high as 230, and GSP is a monster for WW cutting from 200; that's a lot of size)

Josh
02-01-2009, 04:38 PM
He will do exactly the same thing. He will stop a few takedowns and then get tko'ed. An olympic quality wrestler with great striking is the only person who will stop GSP now.

Josh
02-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Good analysis, completely agree with you. BJ burned through a ton of energy is the first couple rounds simply going for/holding position. He needed to have the gas tank of his life to have a chance last night, and even then he might have been eventually worn out. Again, I'm a fan of GSP, but this could be a early indicator of what GSP could have happen to him if he moves up to fight Silva (read somewhere that he occasionally cuts down from as high as 230, and GSP is a monster for WW cutting from 200; that's a lot of size)
I don't think weight would be as much of an issue in that fight. GSP could take him down easily and probably tko him from there.

Max
02-01-2009, 04:44 PM
He will do exactly the same thing. He will stop a few takedowns and then get tko'ed. An olympic quality wrestler with great striking is the only person who will stop GSP now.
the person I want to see GSP fight is Paulo Filho. Filho is fine with fighting from his back and GSP now takes everyone down. I think this woudl be a really interesting fight if GSP would decide to move up to MW.

Max
02-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I don't think weight would be as much of an issue in that fight. GSP could take him down easily and probably tko him from there.
Im not sure if he would be abel to get Silva down. Silva has very good TD defense and if GSP cant get him down he will get KOed. I think the champs of each div need to stay in their div

Josh
02-01-2009, 04:51 PM
the person I want to see GSP fight is Paulo Filho. Filho is fine with fighting from his back and GSP now takes everyone down. I think this woudl be a really interesting fight if GSP would decide to move up to MW.
Filho is not as in shape anymore though. I don't think he could keep GSP from posturing up and landing elbows. I think he could keep GSP from passing his guard so easily though. He has great subs too. As good as BJ is he never seems to do much off of his back. But yeah you are right I would love to see that fight.

Josh
02-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Im not sure if he would be abel to get Silva down. Silva has very good TD defense and if GSP cant get him down he will get KOed. I think the champs of each div need to stay in their div
I do think it's best for fighters to stay where they are but I would love to see that fight. I really think GSP could get Silva down.

MattHughesRocks
02-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Turns out I'm still gloating!
Did you guys see GSP give PENN that ASS WHOOPIN' he gave last night?!
:party0006: :party0006: :party0006:

Well, good night everyone. I'll try not to be so "gloaty" tomorrow....but don't hold your breath:laugh:

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:08 PM
i will have to go back and watch again but I dont think BJ pulled guard

he kinda did

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Filho is not as in shape anymore though. .

thats an understatement ....... I thought he was stoned in his last fight

Spiritwalker
02-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Turns out I'm still gloating!
Did you guys see GSP give PENN that ASS WHOOPIN' he gave last night?!
:party0006: :party0006: :party0006:

Say it again!!!!!

wheeeeee..... haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I did think that is was funny that at the end of the fight.. some GSP fans had a couple of "We [HEART] GSP" posters.. but they had the heart upside down.. so it read..

We Spade GSP!!!

no kiddos for the Canadian Bacon?

bradwright
02-01-2009, 05:12 PM
heres the thing all you BJ lovers,,
i knew GSP had a size advantage but its not quite the advantage your making it out 2 be,,you see BJ is 5 foot 9 inches tall and weighed in at 169 1 day before the fight
GSP is 5 foot 10 inches tall and weighed in at 170 i day before the fight,,
yes GSP would have gained a few pounds before he got into the octagon but i would be surprised if it was more then 10 or so and BJ would have gained a few also,,
anybody that thinks BJ doesnt walk around at about 175 or 180 has never seen a picture of him in between fights,,
but the question i have is,,did none of you realize BJ was a little smaller then GSP before the fight started?
the way your using it as an excuse for getting the crap kicked out of him would make me think you just noticed the size difference after the fight was over,,
BJ lost the fight and there was nothing he could have done differently in his preparation that would have made the out come any different ,Georges is just a way better fighter then BJ and he proved it.

Josh
02-01-2009, 05:24 PM
heres the thing all you BJ lovers,,
i knew GSP had a size advantage but its not quite the advantage your making it out 2 be,,you see BJ is 5 foot 9 inches tall and weighed in at 169 1 day before the fight
GSP is 5 foot 10 inches tall and weighed in at 170 i day before the fight,,
yes GSP would have gained a few pounds before he got into the octagon but i would be surprised if it was more then 10 or so and BJ would have gained a few also,,
anybody that thinks BJ doesnt walk around at about 175 or 180 has never seen a picture of him in between fights,,
but the question i have is,,did none of you realize BJ was a little smaller then GSP before the fight started?
the way your using it as an excuse for getting the crap kicked out of him would make me think you just noticed the size difference after the fight was over,,
BJ lost the fight and there was nothing he could have done differently in his preparation that would have made the out come any different ,Georges is just a way better fighter then BJ and he proved it.
They are about 25 or 30 pounds apart. That is a pretty big difference. BJ should have packed on a ton of muscle and then cut down to 170. But he didn't and it's all on him.

Jason 16
02-01-2009, 06:22 PM

well thats partly because he's a FAT@$$ when not makeing weight . dint he weigh in like 180 with a huge gut and moobs for the loto fight .

ufcfan2
02-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Just say overall I was disappointed in the card not in the names but by overall excitement..
I don't think the card lived upto the hype at all imo...
Nate/Clay fight was decent but it was another example of Clay holding on to his opponant..Though I picked Clay to win Nate did a good job of what he was giving,thought he should of been throwing more leg kicks to keep Clay off guard...
Bonner fight; felt sorry for Bonner he pretty much got man handled the whole fight. The other guy was pretty exciting to watch..
Karo/Kim fight was kindof blah as well. Karo looked uninterested in the first round, got some spark in second/third...I like to know what happened was he worred about having a panic attack or what??
Lyota/Thiago was imo best fight on main card. I'll give Lyota props for actually winning via TKO and not his famed pt. system..
BJ/GSP Im not sure this lived up to the hype well not on BJ's part. I don't know if he did'nt have an answer for GSP's speed or what. He looked worse than Karo did. I'm not sure what was going on he did'nt amount any offense at all and ya some of that was GSP's being aggressive,but still..
I personally don't think BJ losing hurts his status at all,but this helps GSP's more so. I think BJ needs to rethink who he trains with and imo needs to pull a GSP and start training with other top fighters(if he does I don't know who).
Same with Karo grats on him training with Jackson Ithink in long run he will improve greatly..

Liam
02-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Silva got taken down by the likes of Lutter, what are you talking about?

Max
02-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Silva got taken down by the likes of Lutter, what are you talking about?
are people still bringing up that fight??? Silva had surgery on both his knees before that fight.

Liam
02-02-2009, 01:43 AM
are people still bringing up that fight??? Silva had surgery on both his knees before that fight.
Silva is NOT notorious for having good takedown defense. Henderson got silva down too. BJ has some of the best takedown in the business GSP got him down at will after a while. GSP will not give up too much of a size difference to AS.. GSP would still be a big MW.

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 01:58 AM
I think that Henderson could beat Anderson Silva.

btw...I'm impressed with Lyoto...but what I REALLY like about the guy is that he's trying soooo hard to master English aswell. The first Question was put to him in his language and he replied in English...the second Question you could tell he thought he understood what Rogan had asked, and all his Translator needed to do was Nod.

IF he can fight like that more often...perhaps he might be a good Champion after all...I like someone whose prepared to try :laugh:

Max
02-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Silva is NOT notorious for having good takedown defense. Henderson got silva down too. BJ has some of the best takedown in the business GSP got him down at will after a while. GSP will not give up too much of a size difference to AS.. GSP would still be a big MW.
well if Henderson got Silva down then anyone can take Silva down :rolleyes: . Henderson is a 2 time olympian, he has great takedowns. GSP was able to wear BJ down with his size and he will not be able to do that to Silva. He will give up a size advantage, Silva is a big MW and GSP would not really be that big of a MW. I think he walks around at 190.

Tyburn
02-02-2009, 02:23 AM
well if Henderson got Silva down then anyone can take Silva down :rolleyes: . Henderson is a 2 time olympian, he has great takedowns. GSP was able to wear BJ down with his size and he will not be able to do that to Silva. He will give up a size advantage, Silva is a big MW and GSP would not really be that big of a MW. I think he walks around at 190.
:laugh: you know Liam used to be on this website as Henda :ninja: Dan aint the only one who carries the namesake you know :)

Liam
02-02-2009, 02:35 AM

GSP can take Rashad Evans down..the weight class above Silva. And Rashads takedown defense is a heck of a lot better then Andersons.

Hughes_GOAT
02-02-2009, 06:33 AM
as long as GSP doesn't grease again then Silva can use his guard like he does from time to time.

Preach
02-02-2009, 01:30 PM
as long as GSP doesn't grease again then Silva can use his guard like he does from time to time.

And if he stays off the HGH and makes this a fair contest.... tanning chemical my foot

Hughes_GOAT
02-03-2009, 06:42 AM
And if he stays off the HGH and makes this a fair contest.... tanning chemical my foot

he's definitely on something. he has slight gyno so he has used roids before.

MattHughesRocks
02-03-2009, 06:46 AM
You can win by tan