PDA

View Full Version : Headbobbing Budgie

Tyburn
05-29-2009, 05:10 PM
:laugh:

Jens the Budgie is half way through his Molt, he's been with me a while now, and he's relaxing enough to start showing things that only happy Budgies demonstrate. One such thing is known as Headbobbing

I first saw him do this when he was intently watching the UFC fight which involved Anderson Silva. Jens decided he would vigorously try to mimic the way that Anderson bobs and weaves sometimes (He probably mistakend him for another Budgie)

Headbobbing is common in Male Budgies when they get happy and excited, when they are enjoying life. Well Jens also headbobs after he has played with his pacifier, which he has nearly distroyed completely now. Its a sign that he enjoys and finds playful stimulation from it. Its increadible to watch...I havent managed to capture it on film yet...but I will :ninja: :laugh:

Adia
05-31-2009, 03:15 AM
:laugh:

Jens the Budgie is half way through his Molt, he's been with me a while now, and he's relaxing enough to start showing things that only happy Budgies demonstrate. One such thing is known as Headbobbing

I first saw him do this when he was intently watching the UFC fight which involved Anderson Silva. Jens decided he would vigorously try to mimic the way that Anderson bobs and weaves sometimes (He probably mistakend him for another Budgie)

Headbobbing is common in Male Budgies when they get happy and excited, when they are enjoying life. Well Jens also headbobs after he has played with his pacifier, which he has nearly distroyed completely now. Its a sign that he enjoys and finds playful stimulation from it. Its increadible to watch...I havent managed to capture it on film yet...but I will :ninja: :laugh:
So to paraphrase, your bird bobs when it's stimulated? :mellow:

Tyburn
05-31-2009, 07:32 AM
So to paraphrase, your bird bobs when it's stimulated? :mellow:
no...when its really happy or excited. :)

Tyburn
06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcPX8_BA1JE

Now you can all see for yourself :laugh:

Llamafighter
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcPX8_BA1JE

Now you can all see for yourself :laugh:

Jens does seem like a very happy budgie!

Tyburn
06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Jens does seem like a very happy budgie!
:) I think he is happy. His cage has interesting things in, but its not to cluttered.

He has a pacifier, he has some rungs, he has a hanging mirror, he has a spring of millet and three pearches at different heights, he's got sand covers on them and the ground so his nails get worn down, he has a piece of cuttlebone for his beak, and he has a mineral block (which is the pink thing he keeps nibbling on) he has water (and its large enough so he can use it as a bird bath, and bless him, he sometimes does, and nearly drowns himself...if you look closely in the video you see when he goes to drink he doesnt like to ballence on the ledge connected to the tray so he tries to reach from the pearch and damn near falls into the tray...he does that ALOT) He has a grit dispenser to help aid digestion and a mix of grain and tonic seeds for his food.

He often scales the sides of the cage using claws and beak, and I let him out for ages VERY regularly, almost every day.

He shows signs of being at peace, since he sleeps on one leg all the time now, and lately he has started to bob and weave (I blame Anderson Silva...that was the first time he started doing that...and now he wont stop :laugh: )

Tyburn
06-04-2009, 11:23 PM
:scared0015: We've just had a major breakthrough with Jens!

He's allowing me to pick him up!!! He doesnt squark no more when I try, and when I open my palm he just sits in my hand :ashamed: Its a sign of trust!

He's happy! He trusts me!! It makes getting him back into the cage ALOT more easy since I can pretty much just scoop him up and shove him in...rather then having to chase him til he gets so tiered he cant fly then dropping a towel over him hahaha

Now We'll just wait for him to speak :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
06-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Smash him! :w00t:

Tyburn
06-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Smash him! :w00t:
:huh: Smash him :huh:

I wouldnt hit Jens, he's delicate...when I pick him up I must be careful because his claws curl and can get caught, and if I squezze to tight I might break his wing and then he might never fly again...He must be handled with lots of care and lots of love :ashamed:

Its funny, because this afternoon his flew into a wall and did a nose dive behind the TV and there is plenty of room for him to crawl around back there, but it was dark and he was frightened and he started to squeal...so I just removed the draw from under the TV...and he walked through...and then he tried to CLIMB up the table and up the TV and up the digi box and video player....he uses his beak to pull himself up :laugh:

But when I was able to pick him up...and he just sat there clucking and clicking at me...it was sooo precious. He was sooooo small and doesnt weight a feather, and he's just a bird...and yet, in his own way he is beautiful. He's just finishing his molt now...the feathers have mostly finished falling out, and the new ones are almost all through now...and he is positively glowing..his chest is a deeper blue...and his tail feathers have a purple sheen to them now...

Lauzon, my pig...finds Jens fascinating...sometimes Jens will go pearch on the side of his cage :laugh: