PDA

View Full Version : The older we get...

J.B.
05-29-2009, 10:36 AM
the harder it gets to go to wakes and funerals...

Why did I think all the pain was over when I buried my best friend at 21? :cry:

Seriously, if there is somebody who can help me make sense of all this crap, I would love it, because I am hurting pretty bad right now.

Miss Foxy
05-29-2009, 01:43 PM

Seriously, if there is somebody who can help me make sense of all this crap, I would love it, because I am hurting pretty bad right now.
I never make sense, but I just wanna say sorry for your pain. I think it probably hurts us more as we age, because we get more mature. At 21 we think we can rule the world then slowly age, bills, work, and relationships bring us down to earth. We realize how dear and important friends and family are and we slowly stop taking life for granted. Thats just my theory :wink: I hope you feel better and find comfort in this..

rockdawg21
05-29-2009, 04:27 PM
It rarely does to most people JB, sorry to hear about everything. I'm sure each person has their own way of dealing with it. I have to admit, I never lost a best friend, but I've lost some friends.

For myself, I am usually just quiet for a few days, don't shed a tear before or during the funerals/wake, and it hits me a few days later and I feel like I Niagra Falls is running down my face. Usually after a hysterical bawling session, I'm fine and just accept it's all part of God's plan.

J.B.
05-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks guys, I have been through this so much in the last 10 years it's crazy, and it usually takes a few days to really hit me. Then when it does hit me, I get pretty down in the dumps. You're right Rock, it is all part of God's plan, sometimes just not understanding why some people die so young is what makes it hard to swallow.

Hughes_GOAT
05-29-2009, 08:18 PM
you just need time....

ufcfan2
05-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I never make sense, but I just wanna say sorry for your pain. I think it probably hurts us more as we age, because we get more mature. At 21 we think we can rule the world then slowly age, bills, work, and relationships bring us down to earth. We realize how dear and important friends and family are and we slowly stop taking life for granted. Thats just my theory :wink: I hope you feel better and find comfort in this..
I totally agree with ya on this. I think as we get older we tend to charish and respect our friends more than our younger years. As we age I think for some its the realization of reality sets in and we tend to not to take things for granted as we probably did when we were young.
I've lost family members,but I have'nt yet to lose a best friend and though to some it may seem awkward I'm closer to my friends than my family. One close friend I've known since I was 16,and we still hang out or talk time to time,so 21 years of close friendship not sure what I'd do if something happened to him. My other close friend we've worked with eachother for 15years and we bonded very well,thats not also to say ive had thing for her ever since we've met.
As they say Time heals all wounds,but I tend to think it only surpresses them and you never truely heal.

Hughes_GOAT
05-30-2009, 03:19 AM
supression is good. it's better than therapy!

Bonnie
05-30-2009, 04:41 AM
supression is good. it's better than therapy!

Do tell.....or, are you suppressing right now? :unsure-1:

:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-30-2009, 04:46 AM
By "suppression" he means "get drunk and sleep around".:mischievous:

" Do tell.....or, are you suppressing right now? :unsure-1:

Hughes_GOAT
05-30-2009, 04:58 AM
Do tell.....or, are you suppressing right now? :unsure-1:

depends on what type of suppression you're talking about?

Hughes_GOAT
05-30-2009, 04:59 AM
By "suppression" he means "get drunk and sleep around".:mischievous:

"
i don't sleep around!!!

at least not drunk :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-30-2009, 05:11 AM
Oh come on, it wasnt that funny.

Hughes_GOAT
05-30-2009, 05:14 AM
Oh come on, it wasnt that funny.
if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

Hughes_GOAT
05-30-2009, 05:23 AM
couple of more hours and it's time to go clubbin' for some whore(s) to sleep around with :hyper:

Bonnie
05-30-2009, 05:25 AM
if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

Tickle Me Elmo. :wink:

Hughes_GOAT
05-30-2009, 05:27 AM
Tickle Me Elmo. :wink:
war Elmo!

Bonnie
05-30-2009, 05:32 AM
couple of more hours and it's time to go clubbin' for some whore(s) to sleep around with :hyper:

Just don't get drunk. Remember your "rule", it's either one or the other. :tongue0011:

MattHughesRocks
05-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Yeah...pick one!

Hughes_GOAT
05-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Just don't get drunk. Remember your "rule", it's either one or the other. :tongue0011:
i didn't say i was getting drunk :ninja:

Hughes_GOAT
05-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah...pick one!
whores > drinking

J.B.
05-30-2009, 10:33 AM
whores > drinking

Both leave you feeling dirty and ashamed the next morning :laugh:

cubsfan47
05-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Back on topic:laugh:

Anyway, at 60+ I guess I have gotten used to experiencing loss.

You will find better ways to deal with this but it won't ever be easy. I wish I had more to offer than that. I feel for you.

Tyburn
05-31-2009, 01:04 PM

:sad: I'm sorry for your loss.

Its not supposed to get easier as you get older. :unsure-1:

Jonlion
05-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Ah man, it never gets easier or makes any sense.

Why did my Aunt die who was the glue to our whole family?

Why did my pal die few days after his 23rd birthday. It hits me harder after and when i think about it and the life that is lost, the finality of it all gets me.

but as you say its God's plan and im sure whilst lacking in sense now, down the line, it will do.

The Good die young eh?