PDA

View Full Version : MHF Battle of the Bands 2009 (Round 1)

J.B.
05-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Okay, so Dave kinda inspired me to do this with his thread on ranking MMA fighter's websites. I thought this would be cool, providing we get enough of you guys to participate.

The premise is simple; To determine the best band according to votes from the forum members. Now, after giving it some thought, I figured if we tried to take suggestions from board members as to WHO should be in the battle, we would end up spinning our wheels, so I decided to take the liberty of deciding the bands in the contest. Even though I don't completely agree with their list, and I am sure NOBODY completely agrees with it, I used VH1's list of Top 20 bands of all time to pick the groups. The list can be seen HERE (http://www.angelfire.com/az/nativebob/dramaMTV100.html)

Out of the 20 bands, I took the top 16 and have made a tournament style bracket, similar to that of most pro-sports playoffs, with the lowest seed playing against the highest seed.

I figure that 1 week per round is sufficient time to ensure everybody gets a chance to vote. If not enough people participate, I won't bother continuing the thread, but I think this could be cool and fun to do. So, why not?

I will keep tally of the votes rather than trying to do polls, which would require too many threads. So all I ask is that if you are going to go on a soapbox about WHY such and such band is better than another, just name all your votes for the current round at the beginning of your post.

So, here is the first round...

Led Zepplin vs Cream

Pink Floyd vs Black Sabbath

Jimi Hendrix vs Soundgarden

Queen vs AC/DC

Metallica vs The Sex Pistols

Aerosmith vs Nirvana

KISS vs Van Halen

Guns n Roses vs The Who

Okay, there it is people! Now VOTE!

J.B.
05-29-2009, 05:43 AM
My votes for round 1

Cream, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, AC/DC, Metallica, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Guns n Roses

In my opinion, the hardest vote on this list in Round 1 would have to be Sabbath against Floyd. They are both so great, it would not matter which band I picked, I knew I would feel a little pit in my stomach when doing so. Ultimately, Sabbath inspired a whole genre of music, one which I still love, called heavy metal, and that is what influenced my vote in their direction.

matthughesfan21
05-29-2009, 06:05 AM
My votes for round 1

Cream, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, AC/DC, Metallica, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Guns n Roses

In my opinion, the hardest vote on this list in Round 1 would have to be Sabbath against Floyd. They are both so great, it would not matter which band I picked, I knew I would feel a little pit in my stomach when doing so. Ultimately, Sabbath inspired a whole genre of music, one which I still love, called heavy metal, and that is what influenced my vote in their direction.Cream(i hate zeppelin), Sabbath(i agree, tough choice), Hendrix, AC/DC. Metallica, Aerosmith, Kiss, GNR

VCURamFan
05-29-2009, 06:14 AM
Led Zepplin

Pink Floyd

Jimi Hendrix

AC/DC

Metallica

Aerosmith

Van Halen

The WhoI don't have much strict musical basis for these picks, it's just the bands I'd prefer to have on my playlist.

J.B.
05-29-2009, 06:20 AM
I don't have much strict musical basis for these picks, it's just the bands I'd prefer to have on my playlist.

Thats cool, I get that. :)

I know it's not gonna be everyones favorite bands, but like I said if we tried to gather that list, we would probably just end up in a huge debate, so I just used what VH1 had.

J.B.
05-29-2009, 06:23 AM
Cream(i hate zeppelin)

I will admit, I am not huge on LZ either, but I largely based my vote there on the fact that Eric Clapton was Cream's guitarist, and he is more significant than LZ any day in my book.

VCURamFan
05-29-2009, 06:23 AM
Thats cool, I get that. :)

I know it's not gonna be everyones favorite bands, but like I said if we tried to gather that list, we would probably just end up in a huge debate, so I just used what VH1 had.To be honest, I'm a little embarrassed I don't have better musical defenses for those pics. I mean, I love music which is why I minored in it. I just haven't taken the time to examine classic rock as much as I should have.

J.B.
05-29-2009, 06:31 AM
To be honest, I'm a little embarrassed I don't have better musical defenses for those pics. I mean, I love music which is why I minored in it. I just haven't taken the time to examine classic rock as much as I should have.

I majored in music until I realized that all I would be doing with a music degree was teaching. I also had my voice instructor/theory teacher, who I actually liked A LOT, die on me during my time in Junior College. The guy who replaced him basically crapped all over me for being in a rock band, and I left the program shorty after that. God's path is great though, because I would not have traveled the road of playing with so many great people during that time if I had stayed in college! I eventually went to one of the best audio colleges in the world and learned my true calling in music.

If you want a lesson in classic rock, just ask! I am confident in saying I am probably the village expert round here! :laugh:

The Who over GNR, I will ask you that... what is it about The Who that you like, or what is about GNR you dislike?

Llamafighter
05-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Led Zepplin vs Cream
Musically Cream was masterful,
Pink Floyd vs Black Sabbath-PF just cause

Jimi Hendrix vs Soundgarden - Imagine what he would have done with more time

Queen vs AC/DC This was tough

Metallica vs The Sex Pistols nobody effs with the pistols!!

Aerosmith vs Nirvana You're mean...but

KISS vs Van Halen Detroit Rock City

Guns n Roses vs The Who Tommy, nuff said

Miss Foxy
05-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Soundgarden
Queen
METALLICA!!!!!
Nirvana
Van Halen
GUNS n ROSES!!!

VCURamFan
05-29-2009, 08:08 PM
The Who over GNR, I will ask you that... what is it about The Who that you like, or what is about GNR you dislike?That's mainly my brother's fault. A lot of my musical tastes are due to his opinions (little brother wants to like his older brother so listens to all the same music, watches same movies, etc.). Like I said, there's nothing specific I could point to for The Who or against GnR, that's just what I prefer. As much as I'd love to, I can't explain it.

ufcfan2
05-29-2009, 08:35 PM

Led Zepplin vs Cream

Queen vs AC/DC

Aerosmith vs Nirvana

KISS vs Van Halen

Guns n Roses vs The Who

Led Zepplin

Black Sabbath

Soundgarden

AC/DC

Metallica

Aerosmith

Kiss

Guns 'N Roses

Sabbath v. Floyd was hard to decide,as I think Floyd had the best album ever made: The Wall,but Sabbath influenced more bands.
Second round, I was never a Hendrix fan,but loved Soundgarden w/chris cornell who I think has one of the best voices in rock music.
Voting against Queen was hard as well,Feddie was a prominant entertainer and influential music,but AC/DC just rocks the F out of ya.
Metallica,GNR were the easiest for me,and voting against VanHalen/VanHagar and Nirvana were tough as well.

Jonlion
05-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Okay, so Dave kinda inspired me to do this with his thread on ranking MMA fighter's websites. I thought this would be cool, providing we get enough of you guys to participate.

The premise is simple; To determine the best band according to votes from the forum members. Now, after giving it some thought, I figured if we tried to take suggestions from board members as to WHO should be in the battle, we would end up spinning our wheels, so I decided to take the liberty of deciding the bands in the contest. Even though I don't completely agree with their list, and I am sure NOBODY completely agrees with it, I used VH1's list of Top 20 bands of all time to pick the groups. The list can be seen HERE (http://www.angelfire.com/az/nativebob/dramaMTV100.html)

Out of the 20 bands, I took the top 16 and have made a tournament style bracket, similar to that of most pro-sports playoffs, with the lowest seed playing against the highest seed.

I figure that 1 week per round is sufficient time to ensure everybody gets a chance to vote. If not enough people participate, I won't bother continuing the thread, but I think this could be cool and fun to do. So, why not?

I will keep tally of the votes rather than trying to do polls, which would require too many threads. So all I ask is that if you are going to go on a soapbox about WHY such and such band is better than another, just name all your votes for the current round at the beginning of your post.

Led Zepplin vs Cream- Stairway to Heaven!

Pink Floyd vs Black Sabbath-My old man's favourite band, the song Time used to enthrall me as a kid

Jimi Hendrix vs Soundgarden - Jimi, love everything about this dude, if i were black, i want to look like him! Let alone songs like Castles Made of Sand, little Wing, etc
Queen vs AC/DC- could go either, just listened to more Queen as a kid

Metallica vs The Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen! i mean what a song to sing and true punks and anarchy!

Aerosmith vs Nirvana- Nirvana unplugged, one of the most inspiring live performances, i never got all the fuss about Kurt until i saw that and started listening! His Cover of Man who Sold the World has to rank as one of the greatest covers ever.

KISS vs Van Halen - :ninja: dont really know much music from either

Guns n Roses vs The Who- The Who are overated, GNR are not however, my band alongside Oasis of the early nineties!

Hope that come out right?

MattHughesRocks
05-30-2009, 03:41 AM
Am I doing this right?

Led Zepplin

Black Sabbath

Jimi Hendrix
Queen

The Sex Pistols

Aerosmith
Van Halen

Guns n Roses

Josh
05-30-2009, 04:21 AM
I will admit, I am not huge on LZ either, but I largely based my vote there on the fact that Eric Clapton was Cream's guitarist, and he is more significant than LZ any day in my book.
It's funny how people are with music. I used to listen to classic rock exclusively and I can't understand how you can think Cream is more significant than LZ. But on the flip side I don't really like the Beatles and people think I am crazy.

Josh
05-30-2009, 04:23 AM
Led Zepplin

Pink Floyd

Jimi Hendrix

Queen

Metallica

Aerosmith

The Who

Hughes_GOAT
05-30-2009, 05:12 AM
how could you have Pink Floyd vs Black Sabbath in the first round!?

i can't roll with this :laugh:

J.B.
05-30-2009, 10:23 AM
how could you have Pink Floyd vs Black Sabbath in the first round!?

i can't roll with this :laugh:

I don't know, how the heck do the "Sex Pistols" even make the cut? :unsure-1:

I used a typical tournament style setup, high seeds against low seeds. That's just the way it worked out.

Now quit being a pansy and vote! :tongue0011:

J.B.
05-30-2009, 10:26 AM
It's funny how people are with music. I used to listen to classic rock exclusively and I can't understand how you can think Cream is more significant than LZ. But on the flip side I don't really like the Beatles and people think I am crazy.

Eric Clapton > Jimmy Page IMO

Don't get me wrong, I like some LZ, but I also find them to be one of the most over-rated bands ever. Along with The Beatles. :)

MattHughesRocks
05-30-2009, 02:19 PM
:laugh:

I don't know, how the heck do the "Sex Pistols" even make the cut? :unsure-1:

I used a typical tournament style setup, high seeds against low seeds. That's just the way it worked out.

Now quit being a pansy and vote! :tongue0011:

Josh
05-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Eric Clapton > Jimmy Page IMO

Don't get me wrong, I like some LZ, but I also find them to be one of the most over-rated bands ever. Along with The Beatles. :)
Eric Clapton is better than Page I agree but Robert Plant was in my opinion one of the best singers in any classic rock band and that coupled with Page's guitar was pretty great.

Miss Foxy
05-30-2009, 06:24 PM
How can some of you not select METALLICA.. Are you serious???:unsure-1:

NateR
05-30-2009, 06:27 PM

Led Zepplin vs Cream

Queen vs AC/DC

Aerosmith vs Nirvana

KISS vs Van Halen

Guns n Roses vs The Who

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Hendrix
AC/DC
Metallica
Aerosmith
Van Halen
The Who (as much as it pains me to vote against GNR, I'm just more likely to listen to The Who than their music)

NateR
05-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Tommy, nuff said

Yep, one of the greatest albums ever. :cool:

matthughesfan21
05-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Eric Clapton is better than Page I agree but Robert Plant was in my opinion one of the best singers in any classic rock band and that coupled with Page's guitar was pretty great.Plant is the reason i don't like LZ, his voice irritates me, I can tolerate the music if it was all instrumental :laugh:

J.B.
05-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Led Zepplin

Pink Floyd

Jimi Hendrix

Queen

Metallica

Aerosmith

The Who

Hey Josh, you forget to pick for KISS vs Van Halen! :)

J.B.
05-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Here are some early totals for the first round.

As of right now we have had 10 people vote.

Led Zeppelin is beating Cream 7 to 3

Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath are tied at 5 votes a piece

Jimi Hendrix is dominating Soundgarden 8 to 2

AC/DC is edging out Queen 6 to 4

Metallica is beating the Sex Pistols 7 to 3

Aerosmith is beating Nirvana 7 to 3

Van Halen is beating KISS 6 to 4 (thanks for your vote Josh!)

and GNR is edging out The Who 6 to 4

I am working on Photoshopping a Bracket too, just been a little busy, but I will post it soon.

Josh
05-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey Josh, you forget to pick for KISS vs Van Halen! :)
Sorry. That's a tough one for me. I pick KISS.

J.B.
05-30-2009, 10:25 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/bracket-1.jpg

Josh
05-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Here are some early totals for the first round.

As of right now we have had 10 people vote.

Led Zeppelin is beating Cream 7 to 3

Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath are tied at 5 votes a piece

Jimi Hendrix is dominating Soundgarden 8 to 2

AC/DC is edging out Queen 6 to 4
Metallica is beating the Sex Pistols 7 to 3

Aerosmith is beating Nirvana 7 to 3

Van Halen is beating KISS 6 to 4

and GNR is edging out The Who 6 to 4

I am working on Photoshopping a Bracket too, just been a little busy, but I will post it soon.
Come on people! All ACDC songs sound the same. Queen at least had some variety. Not that I don't like ACDC I just think Queen outclasses them. Wow I am taking this thing way too serious.:laugh:

J.B.
05-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Come on people! All ACDC songs sound the same. Queen at least had some variety. Not that I don't like ACDC I just think Queen outclasses them. Wow I am taking this thing way too serious.:laugh:

This is the SUPER ULTRA MEGA BATTLE OF THE BANDS, it's VERY serious! :laugh:

I was thinking though, once we actually crown a champion, we could carry it on with a weekly or bi-weekly vote against other groups and see how they stack up. Obviously some bands are not included in this original bracket, but like I said in the beginning, using the VH1 list to start with is easier than getting into a giant debate on who should make the cut.

OR, maybe once we make it to the final round we could just ask Matt Hughes to pick the winner and leave it at that! :w00t: :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 04:24 AM
I never really got into The Who. My older sister was into them and I even bought a tshirt but I never did really like them.

Yep, one of the greatest albums ever. :cool:

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 04:28 AM
Oh I agree one hundred percent. Queen had great songs, great lyrics and an awesome show.ACDC was the same ol same ol right down to their clothes, year after year and sang about the same ol crap over and over and over:blink:

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 04:30 AM
No way, he'll just pick ACDC. I say we fight to the death amongst ourselves :w00t:

OR, maybe once we make it to the final round we could just ask Matt Hughes to pick the winner and leave it at that! :w00t: :laugh:

NateR
05-31-2009, 04:36 AM

Well, I helped Matt put together his iTunes library, so I think I can make a few predictions on who he would pick:

Led Zepplin vs Cream - hard to call this one

Pink Floyd vs Black Sabbath - probably Black Sabbath

Jimi Hendrix vs Soundgarden - no clue here.

Queen vs AC/DC - AC/DC for sure

Metallica vs The Sex Pistols - maybe Metallica, I'm not sure if Matt's ever heard the Sex Pistols. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever heard the Sex Pistols

Aerosmith vs Nirvana - definitely Aerosmith

KISS vs Van Halen - Van Halen

Guns n Roses vs The Who - GNR

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 04:42 AM
So...I say we don't let Matt pick then :laugh:

God Save The Queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeP220xx7Bs

Punk rock at it's finest :headbanger:

Well, I helped Matt put together his iTunes library, so I think I can make a few predictions on who he would pick:

Led Zepplin vs Cream - hard to call this one

Pink Floyd vs Black Sabbath - probably Black Sabbath

Jimi Hendrix vs Soundgarden - no clue here.

Queen vs AC/DC - AC/DC for sure

Metallica vs The Sex Pistols - maybe Metallica, I'm not sure if Matt's ever heard the Sex Pistols. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever heard the Sex Pistols

Aerosmith vs Nirvana - definitely Aerosmith

KISS vs Van Halen - Van Halen

Guns n Roses vs The Who - GNR

NateR
05-31-2009, 05:09 AM
I just don't understand why Nirvana and Soundgarden are even on this list.

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 05:17 AM
Me either..and where are The Faces? Oh well, I guess next time Nathan we start our own thread :laugh:

I just don't understand why Nirvana and Soundgarden are even on this list.

NateR
05-31-2009, 05:32 AM
Me either..and where are The Faces? Oh well, I guess next time Nathan we start our own thread :laugh:

What about The Beatles? I don't particularly like them that much, but I hear they were pretty popular back in the day. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 05:32 AM
And just so you know....Led Zepplin needs to win this whole thing :)

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 05:34 AM
My older brother was, and still is obsessed with them. I remember his daughter, when she was about 4 she was having a little "tea party" with her stuffed anamils...and her John Lennon doll :laugh:

I think they are kinda boring but I'm sure I know all the words to all the songs :blink:

What about The Beatles? I don't particularly like them that much, but I hear they were pretty popular back in the day. :laugh:

NateR
05-31-2009, 05:41 AM

Led Zeppelin is awesome, one of the greatest bands ever. I used to have a huge collection of their albums way back in the old days, when people still bought CDs.:)

NateR
05-31-2009, 05:44 AM
My older brother was, and still is obsessed with them. I remember his daughter, when she was about 4 she was having a little "tea party" with her stuffed anamils...and her John Lennon doll :laugh:

I think they are kinda boring but I'm sure I know all the words to all the songs :blink:

The Beatles were just a less-talented version of The Monkees. :Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 05:44 AM
I buy CD's...I have Houses Of The Holy in my car right now :unsure-1: What's your point Nate?

Led Zeppelin is awesome, one of the greatest bands ever. I used to have a huge collection of their albums way back in the old days, when people still bought CDs.:)

NateR
05-31-2009, 05:48 AM
I buy CD's...I have Houses Of The Holy in my car right now :unsure-1: What's your point Nate?

CDs are sooooo 1998.:laugh:

I think most people have moved on to MP3s and iPods. Although I do have a CD player in my car, but it plays nothing but Nightwish albums. Do they even make iPod docks for cars?

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 05:57 AM
I only had a Shuffle and it broke. Seems I'm too irresponsible for an actual iPod.I think the new cars these days have the docks built in. I know because I'm kinda looking to get a new car :w00t:

Listening to Led Zep lately, I do know just about every word to every song but I was laughing at some of the lyrics " I saw a lion he was standing alone with a tadpole in a jar" ( Dancing Days) :laugh:

CDs are sooooo 1998.:laugh:

I think most people have moved on to MP3s and iPods. Although I do have a CD player in my car, but it plays nothing but Nightwish albums. Do they even make iPod docks for cars?

J.B.
05-31-2009, 07:30 AM
Again, I feel the need to stress that had we brought up the idea of WHO should be on list that this whole thing would have probably just sat in limbo!:laugh:

I merely used the top 16 of VH1's top 20 as a building block for the structure of the battle. Holy crap, here I am finding myself sympathetic to Dana White and Joe Silva! :laugh: :frantics: :laugh:

I agree though, it's crazy to think The Beatles are not actually on the list. My best assumption would be that The Beatles were not ACTUALLY a band more than they were a group of recording artists/songwriters...

I know, like any of us actually consider Ringo a songwriter....:laugh:

Like I said before, once we crown a champion, we can bring in other groups to challenge the title! :)

Here is the bracket once again, for those who forgot to vote, like GOAT...
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/bracket-1.jpg

Josh
05-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Oh I agree one hundred percent. Queen had great songs, great lyrics and an awesome show.ACDC was the same ol same ol right down to their clothes, year after year and sang about the same ol crap over and over and over:blink:
I like you.

Josh
05-31-2009, 03:07 PM
Yes.

logrus
05-31-2009, 03:29 PM

Led Zepplin vs Cream

Queen vs AC/DC

Aerosmith vs Nirvana

KISS vs Van Halen

Guns n Roses vs The Who

Led Zepplin over Cream,

Sabbath and Floyd are a tie in my eyes and I will have to struggle with a winner on that one

Soundgarden over Jimmy. I love Jimmys songs, just when other bands play it lol

Ac/DC beats Queen,

Metallica over The Sex Pistols. IF the early Metallica shows up they win, if the mainstream version shows up they lose. Which is it?

Nirvana beats Smith and is my underdog pick

Kiss over Van but I could care less for either.

Guns n Roses beat The Who??

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 03:37 PM
It's a dirty job but....

I like you.

MattHughesRocks
05-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Don't listen to us Dana.Your doing a great job...carry on.

Again, I feel the need to stress that had we brought up the idea of WHO should be on list that this whole thing would have probably just sat in limbo!:laugh:

Josh
05-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Led Zepplin over Cream,

Sabbath and Floyd are a tie in my eyes and I will have to struggle with a winner on that one

Soundgarden over Jimmy. I love Jimmys songs, just when other bands play it lol

Ac/DC beats Queen,

Metallica over The Sex Pistols. IF the early Metallica shows up they win, if the mainstream version shows up they lose. Which is it?

Nirvana beats Smith and is my underdog pick

Kiss over Van but I could care less for either.:cool:

Guns n Roses beat The Who??
I demand a recount. Even Jimmi said when Petre Townsend went electric Rock n' Roll began.

Josh
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM
I demand a recount. Even Jimmi said when Petre Townsend went electric Rock n' Roll began.
Funny story about The Who. My mom and dad were at one of there concerts and there drummer (who's name I can't remember) passed out so they asked if anyone in the audience played drums and a guy came up and played with them.

logrus
05-31-2009, 04:55 PM

K, I will go listen to some who and then I will come back. Right now I still cant pick a winner for sabbath and floyd

J.B.
05-31-2009, 11:22 PM
You can do it Logrus! Besides, your vote is the tiebreaker as of right now! :laugh:

I know that is the toughest match-up, but I think it's interesting that it worked out like that.

Josh
06-04-2009, 06:45 AM
What is the status?! Don't you know i'm emotionally invested know?

J.B.
06-04-2009, 06:54 AM
What is the status?! Don't you know i'm emotionally invested know?

Well, I did say I would give it a week, so we still have 1 more day left...:)

At this point though, we are pretty much still in the same boat we were at the last count, EXCEPT for Logrus's vote on Sabbath vs Floyd, he is the tie breaker on that right now. If it's not resolved by Saturday, I will bring in an outside vote from one of my band members, and we can move on to round two. :Whistle:

This is all GOAT's fault. He is acting like Obama as a senator with his refusal to vote. :laugh:

Crisco
06-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Led Zepplin vs Cream: Eh

Pink Floyd vs Black Sabbath: Definately Sabbath. No question.

Jimi Hendrix vs Soundgarden: Yes

Queen vs AC/DC: While I respect Freddy Mercury's art I can't say I can rock to it aswell at AC/DC. Hells bells is an amazing song and my Devils come out to it.

Metallica vs The Sex Pistols: I hate punk rock. It's stupid and people who live the punk life stlye are stupid.

Aerosmithvs Nirvana: I think Kurt was an emo kid and I didn't like a lot of his music but aerosmith has a tendency to piss me off 2 or 3 songs in.

KISS vs Van Halen: I love KISS. Aside from their terrible view on life there music is cathy and is most definately iconic.

Guns n Roses vs The Who: GnR man... Nuff said.

logrus
06-05-2009, 05:41 AM
So today was another day of drowinging myself in years gone by, with no clear decision I took it to the streets. Obviously the masses would decide and then it happens, 12 to 12 another freakin tie.

With the fate of the forums on my shoulders I took it to posser central U.S.A, I walked around the mall shopping, causing mayhem, and there she was, she sat there with her punky look, red hair ponied back with a ball cap, earrings up the ear, down the ear and bets had them in other non noticeable places.

What struck me the most was not the fact that for a punk chick she was pleasent on the eyes, but that she wore a Pink Floyd shirt,

Pink Floyd wins over Black Sabbath.

logrus
06-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Sorry The Who still fell to G&R

lyndsey823
06-05-2009, 05:54 AM
is it too late to vote?? i don't know how i've missed this the last week! haven't been around much, so just in case, here are mine

Led Zepplin

Pink Floyd

Jimi Hendrix

Queen

Metallica

Nirvana

Van Halen

The Who

J.B.
06-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Your good Lyndsey.

That seals the deal for round 1.