PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: Baby on Board

NateR
05-29-2009, 01:30 AM
From Matt's Blog:

Well, Tuesday we went to the doctor and we are now sure that Audra is with child. They said the due date was January 9th. So I'm very excited and have been asking for another child since Hanna was born. All went well at the appointment and I'll keep you all informed.

Next thing, I want to thank all my fans and most importantly my forum members for the good times out in las Vegas. It was great to see a lot of you again and meet some of you for the first time. My next fight should be closer, I'm hoping it will be around St. Louis, and let's hope we can do the same thing then.

I caught this on the forum and then found out it was on some other forums as well. These statements never came out of my mouth:
"I went out there and followed the gameplan perfectly, I worked with Mark Fiore a lot during camp and it payed off. I controlled the pace of fight and dealt the most damage, thatís what I feel won me the fight."
As most of you know, I trained at Jeremy's and up at Sean's for this fight, I knew my wrestling was going to be better than Serra's, so a gameplan with Fiore was never really talked about.
ďI want the winner of GSP/AlvesĒ
Not that I wouldn't want to fight the winner between those two, but definitely never said that and I wouldn't say anything like that without talking to DW first.
"At this moment in time Iím a free agent, I went and sat down with Dana after the fight and discussed a few things, and I can tell you this Iíve got one more big fight left in me and its going to have to be against the winner of the GSP/Alves fight this July. Nothing else makes sense right now, I canít really get myself motivated for anything else at this point in my career. I feel my chances against either guy are as good as anyones right now."
DW and I have not sat down and talked about anything yet. That statement is totally false. I don't know where these quotes came from, but they are not the truth.

I went back and watched the Rashad fight again, and I think it comes down to bad coaching. In the prefight press conference, I heard Rashad say that he didn't bring anybody in who would resemble Machida's style. When I heard that, I knew that there might be some problems. That is probably a big reason why Rashad didn't do very well in the striking area. I also think Rashad should have been coached on using his wrestling talent. He didn't shoot one takedown that I can remember and he just made it a sparring match. If I was to coach Rashad against Machida, I would have told him to make it a fight, use his wrestling and groundwork to really dictate the match. Not just go out and spar with him. I think Rashad could have done a lot better in that fight. I'm not saying he should have won, but he's a lot better than he showed on Saturday.

Here is the banner from the fight, in case you didn't get a good look at it. I've got one extra, so I might do some type of giveaway with it, but I haven't decided yet:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/vegasUFC98/sponsorbanner.jpg

Tomorrow, I leave for a quick family vacation and I won't be around on Monday for a blog. So this will be it until after Robbie's fight. So until then we'll see you later and maybe we'll see some of you in St. Louis supporting Robbie. -matt

mikthehick
05-29-2009, 01:33 AM
matt that is awesome! Can't wait to see the awesome pictures of your new baby, congrats again! :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Congratulations Matt & Audra! :w00t:

Boomer
05-29-2009, 01:37 AM
CONGRATS Audra and Matt. :) That is wonderful about the baby!!! Have a great rest and vacation.

Mac
05-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Congratulations Hughes Family , Nothin like a new baby in the house.

Rest up cause youve got a fight coming up here this summer. Im bringing the smoker over and taking that bbq title from you and Mark . Enjoy it while it lasts !!!! ha ha ha

chum567
05-29-2009, 02:08 AM
congrats....hope all goes well

Eric4
05-29-2009, 02:32 AM
Congratulations to the whole family! I heard that GSI in Assumption,IL tried to get in a last minute sponsorship but were too late. That would have been another good local ag sponsor. Maybe next time. I would hit up Sloan Implement too.

Bonnie
05-29-2009, 02:46 AM
A baby! :w00t: Congratulations Matt and Audra! :)

Llamafighter
05-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Congrats to you and Audra, Matt! Have a great vacation with your loved ones.
Next time you're getting up to sing!
I agree about the bad coaching. Seems like they could used GSP's karate experience to mimic him somewhat.

J.B.
05-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Congratulations Matt!

I REALLY hope that you do get to fight in St. Louis, or even Chicago, either way I AM THERE NEXT TIME!

atomdanger
05-29-2009, 03:08 AM
CONGRATS on the baby Matt!!!

Now...... who do I have to kill to get my hands on that banner???

No... really O_O

KidChino
05-29-2009, 03:15 AM
alright so my first post...i couldnt be more happier for you and Audra. I cant even begin to explain my respect and admiration for you Matt. Seeing you fight live at UFC 98 was the greatest day in my life.

TENNESSEAN
05-29-2009, 03:21 AM
great news. congrats!

Jim Ed
05-29-2009, 03:22 AM
Congratulations on the baby!

Primadawn
05-29-2009, 03:31 AM
Congrats on the new addition--how exciting! :happydancing:

tHeFlOpSaYsFoLd
05-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Congrats on your win!.. and a new child!!.,. enjoy ur family vaction.:wink:

gymcoach97
05-29-2009, 03:58 AM
Congratulations Matt & Audra! :)

Josh
05-29-2009, 04:08 AM
Congradulations Matt and Audra. Keep having kids and you won't have to do any work around that farm.

VCURamFan
05-29-2009, 05:29 AM
Congratulations, Matt! I'm so happy for you & Audra on your (well, her) pregnancy. I guess that since you got this win for Hanna you'll have to avenge the Alves loss for the new child (btw, I've always thought the name "Benjamin" is a nice name for boys. Preach can back me up :laugh:)

Also, since atom's tried to call dibs on the banner already, I'll happily settle for your fight gloves!

Quell
05-29-2009, 05:32 AM
thats an awesome feeling knowing your gonna have a lil one. CONGRATS!! to both the both of you!

atomdanger
05-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Congratulations, Matt! I'm so happy for you & Audra on your (well, her) pregnancy. I guess that since you got this win for Hanna you'll have to avenge the Alves loss for the new child (btw, I've always thought the name "Benjamin" is a nice name for boys. Preach can back me up :laugh:)

Also, since atom's tried to call dibs on the banner already, I'll happily settle for your fight gloves!

haha hey, Ive always wondered if the fighter gets to keep his gloves after ever fight?

Miss Foxy
05-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Congratulations Matt & Audra...

CAVEMAN
05-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Congrats Matt & Audra!:happydancing:

adamt
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM
my wife and i are expecting our third child on november fourth! so i can say i know how you are feeling!! congratulations!!!

Jonlion
05-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Congratulations, Matt and Audra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news!

Fingers crossed it is in St Louis as i feel that i would take a Bank Loan to fund coming out to see that one and hopefully meet a lot of the Forum.

I agree on the Rashad thing, he is better than that and i think it would have been tighter if Machida had to beware of the takedown.

Crisco
05-29-2009, 03:27 PM
I see you finally talked her into it Matt :)

Congratz brother.

KevinD
05-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Congratulations to you and your family on the new baby on the way. Thats exciting news.

rockdawg21
05-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Congrats Matt! That's awesome news!

sender
05-29-2009, 04:53 PM
congrats!

matthughesfan21
05-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Congrats, that is wonderful news!!

lc87
05-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Good job matt you know from experience that fatherhood is great. I'm learning that now with our 2 month old. Good shooting matt.

NateR
05-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Good shooting matt.

:scared0015:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Crisco
05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
:scared0015:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I lol'd too

lc87
05-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Nate now you have to change your sig pic to matt shootin

VCURamFan
05-29-2009, 08:14 PM
haha hey, Ive always wondered if the fighter gets to keep his gloves after ever fight?Well, he gave Nate his UFC 52 gloves.

TexasRN
05-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Wahoo!!!! Let's keep those genes passing on to another generation!!! There's too many hooligans having babies who shouldn't so it's great to have good people procreatin'....:laugh:

~Amy

County Mike
05-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Congratulations Matt and Audra. Hopefully I can follow in your footsteps soon after my wedding.

atomdanger
05-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Well, he gave Nate his UFC 52 gloves.

*envy*

huan
05-30-2009, 03:16 AM
Becoming a father was the reason why I was unable to meet you & Patrick in AZ at Cabela's. Wouldn't change that for the world though. My daughter is without a doubt the best thing in life that has ever happened to me.

Congrats Matt & Audra! May the two of you be blessed with a trouble free pregnancy and a healthy child.

HardGround
05-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Congrats Matt and Audra on the announcement of your newest family member! God bless!

Look forward to seeing everyone in St. Louis. We're looking forward to seeing Robbie compete and the HIT Squad in full effect.

Tyburn
05-30-2009, 12:00 PM
:w00t: blesssssssssss :w00t:

January is the due date, so Audra has almost the full term ahead of her then right now. Another Baby, how fantastic is that :cool:

Congratulations, I cant wait to hear more, over the coming months, about the next Hughes-to-be :cool: They say that the baby can hear and respond even before birth, impacts can be greatly effected, apparently by things like music, But I wouldnt go playing CBCS over and over just yet or you might drive Audra mad, as she obviously will be able to hear the music you play to the child aswell :laugh: :laugh:

billwilliams70
05-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Congrats to Matt & Audra!

Later.

SteveT
05-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Congrats Matt on the wonderful news. That's awesome!!! Have a great vacation.

TurnOnTheBrightLights
05-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Congrats to you and your wife!!!

smalltownnorthernman
05-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Congratulations to you and your wife.

Spiritwalker
05-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Very Cool that there will be another Hughes running around!!!!!

SpiritWarrior
05-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Congratulations!

Irish Pride
05-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Congratulations on the win, but more importantly congratulations on the child. I hope you both have a safe happy birth as it's not just Audra that's pregnant. It also takes a toll on the father. :)

CBCS
05-31-2009, 02:48 AM
Congrats Hughes family. I know this must be an exiciting time for all of you.

Now lets get to this glove and banner give away talk? lol....newbies should get something? j/k

3dlee
05-31-2009, 03:01 AM
Matt, you are a blessed man. CONGRATS!!!

cubsfan47
05-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Matt, you are a blessed man. CONGRATS!!!

Kind of late to this party but I wanted to get a word or two in. As one at the grandfather stage in life there's other people that will help you love that new baby.:cool:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
05-31-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm with you Amy!!!!:)

Maybe it will be twin boys......to carry the Hughes Legacy!!!!:punch: :punch:

Congrats to the Hughes Family!!!!!
:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

Wahoo!!!! Let's keep those genes passing on to another generation!!! There's too many hooligans having babies who shouldn't so it's great to have good people procreatin'....:laugh:

~Amy

flo
06-05-2009, 05:10 AM
Congratulations to the Hughes Family! Best wishes and prayers going out to you all.

atomdanger
06-06-2009, 04:48 AM
Sooo....... the situation with the banner? lol

lc87
06-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I did have the funniest post in the thread I think he should give it to me.

Hey matt what are you guys hoping for a boy or a girl or just a healthy baby wit all its fingers and toes? I would like to have a boy before were done having them but as long as all the ones we have are healthy ill be just fine without a son.