PDA

View Full Version : FAKE INTERVIEW: [“I want the winner of GSP/Alves”]

Country_breakfast
05-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Matt Hughes – “I want the winner of GSP/Alves”

Future UFC hall of famer and long time welterweight champion Matt Hughes recently spoke on his win over Matt Serra at UFC 98 and his future plans. Matt Hughes was awarded a unanimous decision at UFC 98 claiming his 16th win in the Octagon, he gave his thoughts on the fight;

I went out there and followed the gameplan perfectly, I worked with Mark Fiore a lot during camp and it payed off. I controlled the pace of fight and dealt the most damage, that’s what I feel won me the fight.

Hughes then went on to explain his current situation and his future plans for competing in MMA;

At this moment in time I’m a free agent, I went and sat down with Dana after the fight and discussed a few things, and I can tell you this I’ve got one more big fight left in me and its going to have to be against the winner of the GSP/Alves fight this July. Nothing else makes sense right now, I can’t really get myself motivated for anything else at this point in my career. I feel my chances against either guy are as good as anyones right now.

Country_breakfast
05-27-2009, 06:23 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/khyuma04/0_hughes.gif

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/khyuma04/hughes2.gif

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/khyuma04/matt0.gif

War Hughes!!!

Mac
05-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Im all for it !!!!!! WAR HUGHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyburn
05-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Matt Hughes I want the winner of GSP/Alves

Future UFC hall of famer and long time welterweight champion Matt Hughes recently spoke on his win over Matt Serra at UFC 98 and his future plans. Matt Hughes was awarded a unanimous decision at UFC 98 claiming his 16th win in the Octagon, he gave his thoughts on the fight;

Hughes then went on to explain his current situation and his future plans for competing in MMA;
:w00t: YES!!! Lets make another quick Title Reign before nightfall!!! :frantics:

I think it would be fantastic if GSP won the belt against Thiago Alves, and then Hughes can fight GSP and win the Title again, whilst Alves fights...someone and wins.

Then for a defence Hughes can fight Alves...and then...retire with the belt if he reallllllly wants to...or if not...continue with the encore :w00t:

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Those GIFs are AWESOME! Thsoe takedowns were amazing and I loved the way Matt would use the cage to bounce Serra off some of the times. Matt totally dominated!

rearnakedchoke
05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
it is the only fight that makes sense, but i would like to see matt v fitch or kos in the mean time ..

pistol-pete
05-27-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't want to get into who is more deserving for a title shot, but I would like to see Hughes fight a number one contender fight to get prepped for the winner of GSP/ALVES. I think if GSP wins Matt can pitch to Dana, and Joe Silva that this would be a "win or go home" fight, meaning either he wins the belt from GSP, or he retires from the UFC and the fight game. I think this might be the only way they give him the fight. I think GSP would be honored to fight Hughes one more time in an epic battle to the finish.

I think Hughes would have an easier time of conviencing Dana and Silva of a fight against Alves. He took the first fight on short notice, and Alves didn't make weight. Hughes was able to force a couple of take downs on Alves, hell he even pulled guard once. I think Alves is a better overall match up for Hughes than GSP, but regardless I think if Alves wins or losses against GSP I think Hughes should take the rematch against him, and then either way he can face GSP after he beats Alves.

Hughes is a type of fighter I like to see in 5 round battles. He is always in great shape, and he has the ability to wear down other fighters in the Championship rounds. Imagine him and Alves after round 3? Not even close!!!. GSP would match his cardio, and thats why it would be a damn good fight.

NateR
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Matt Hughes I want the winner of GSP/Alves

Matt read this earlier today and he says that the entire interview is fake. None of these quote are real.

Tyburn
05-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Matt read this earlier today and he says that the entire interview is fake. None of these quote are real.
:unsure-1:

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM

I think it's piece meal off of about 20 different interviews.

NateR
05-27-2009, 10:24 PM
What's the source for these quotes?

rearnakedchoke
05-27-2009, 10:27 PM
if you look at them, a lot of them, if not all are Matt's quotes, but at different times .... "free agent" was after the serra fight "one good fight left in me" after the alves fight ...

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 10:34 PM
http://sportstwo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141694
Herre's one of the forums where I could find it, but doesn't seem to exist outside of that. some punk just piece mealed a few quotes with his own words and posted it, I bet.

NateR
05-27-2009, 10:40 PM
if you look at them, a lot of them, if not all are Matt's quotes, but at different times .... "free agent" was after the serra fight "one good fight left in me" after the alves fight ...

It was actually that "free agent" comment that got me thinking this might have just come from one of the interviews that I wasnt' around for. But Matt says he never made these quotes, so I would believe that.

It's definitely piecemeal from a bunch of different comments, with enough inaccuracies to make them false statements.

Crisco
05-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Still It's a nice thought :)

Hughes Vs Alves two would be fun.

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Still It's a nice thought :)

Hughes Vs Alves two would be fun.

I think Matt definitely wants the rematch. he said so in an interview before the fight. I think this is just an issue of saying something is a quote when it's not.

Jonlion
05-27-2009, 10:57 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/khyuma04/0_hughes.gif

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/khyuma04/hughes2.gif

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/khyuma04/matt0.gif

War Hughes!!!

Sorry but i need to requote these in! The first takedown is superb, like poetry in motion!

Country_breakfast
05-27-2009, 11:17 PM
sorry guys, I found it on another forum. Thought it was genuine so I thought I would share it here.

rearnakedchoke
05-28-2009, 12:16 AM
It was actually that "free agent" comment that got me thinking this might have just come from one of the interviews that I wasnt' around for. But Matt says he never made these quotes, so I would believe that.

It's definitely piecemeal from a bunch of different comments, with enough inaccuracies to make them false statements.
yeah, the free agent thing was funny when he said that after he beat serra .. then he even said something like "look, dana is laughing" .... i am sure for a split second dana was crapping his pants ...

i know matt is not after the dough, but he should go and get a mill from affliction to fight fedor ... LOL ...

rearnakedchoke
05-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Hey Nate, since matt is always messing with his forum members, why not get him to mess with dana ... talk him into doing a blog saying that he met with tom atencio and he is looking to fight jake shields for the wamma ww belt ... something like that ... i'd love to be a fly on the wall when dana reads it ... LOL

Hughes_GOAT
05-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Hughes vs Trigg 3!!!

Country_breakfast
05-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Maybe Hughes did say it but doesn't want this info to be released to the public so he could secretly train for a while and catch gsp/alves by suprise?

Can Matt Hughes issue a press release to clear these rumours? because various sites are reporting this

matt hughes
05-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Maybe Hughes did say it but doesn't want this info to be released to the public so he could secretly train for a while and catch gsp/alves by suprise?

Can Matt Hughes issue a press release to clear these rumours? because various sites are reporting this

are you saying i'm lying? your first paragraph is idiotic and the reason other sites are reporting this is because of people like you.

MattHughesRocks
05-29-2009, 03:22 AM
Well Country breakfast... I do believe you just got your press release :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
05-29-2009, 03:37 AM
damn!

TENNESSEAN
05-29-2009, 04:31 AM
Country_breakfast just got served.:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-29-2009, 04:36 AM
Here ya go brother!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/CountryBreakfastBar.jpg

Hughes_GOAT
05-29-2009, 04:46 AM
where can i get some of those bars Michelle?

MattHughesRocks
05-29-2009, 04:51 AM
At the five n dime in Hillsboro I guess:unsure-1:

where can i get some of those bars Michelle?

Hughes_GOAT
05-29-2009, 05:32 AM
At the five n dime in Hillsboro I guess:unsure-1:
H.I.T. probably has a vending machine full.

MattHughesRocks
05-29-2009, 05:40 AM
No they don't...but they have vitamin water :happydancing:

H.I.T. probably has a vending machine full.

Hughes_GOAT
05-29-2009, 05:45 AM
No they don't...but they have vitamin water :happydancing:
that will do til the shipment comes in!

Tyburn
05-29-2009, 12:34 PM
are you saying i'm lying? your first paragraph is idiotic and the reason other sites are reporting this is because of people like you.
:scared0015:

Miss Foxy
05-29-2009, 03:21 PM

In all fairness I think you should rely on Matts blog or his posts before ever questioning or doubting him. I think you were being skeptical and no doubt you were excited trying to make a 5'o clock news story, however what you post is public so be careful on what interpretations you make. :wink:

Country_breakfast
05-29-2009, 06:10 PM

you seem upset?

I was just a bit skeptical since you have made very similar comments in the past and I hadn't read the blog at the time so I thought the interview may at least be partially true.

If I beat Serra and I obviously think I will and Thiago wins Id love to get a rematch with Thiago. I think that fight could have gone differently if my knee hadnt gone out, so Id love to rematch Thiago. To be honest, I didnt like the way the last GSP fight went either, so Id love to rematch GSP. But all Im worrying about right now is Matt Serra. So where ever winning that fight puts me is fine, but Ive just got Matt Serra on my mind right now.

http://forums.mmaweekly.com/showthread.php?t=21276

Tyburn
05-29-2009, 06:25 PM
you seem upset?

I was just a bit skeptical since you have made very similar comments in the past and I hadn't read the blog at the time so I thought the interview may at least be partially true.

:rolleyes: If Hughes says its false...then its false...I think it wasnt that you suggested it might have been fabricated from a few bits he'd said before...it might have been the fact you suggested it was a public denial and then a secret preparation...

I think it it were true, he'd just say it, he doesnt need to be preparing in secret for anyone, and he's got no reason to hide his intentions

He isnt a liar, so put you skepticism aside :)

NateR
05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
you seem upset?

The simple fact is that you were wrong, so stop trying to argue your point and just drop it.

Llamafighter
06-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Country_breakfast just got served.:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: