PDA

View Full Version : Will Matt...

CBCS
05-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Just wondering if you guys think Matt will be among one of the fighters selected into the Hall of Fame this year? Or have they already said who they are?

VCURamFan
05-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Just wondering if you guys think Matt will be among one of the fighters selected into the Hall of Fame this year? Or have they already said who they are?They haven't said officially, but there's been strong indications that Mask & Tanner will get posthumous inductions.

Jeff Crow
05-27-2009, 02:33 AM
I've heard it's going to be Shonie Carter and Phil Baroni. :scared0011:

Just kidding...:laugh:

There have been rumors of Jens Pulver, Pat Miletich, Rich Franklin and a few others I can't remember. There's a thread in here somewhere about it.

I'm still hoping they induct Matt and Chuck at the same time:)

matthughesfan21
05-27-2009, 03:00 AM
I've heard it's going to be Shonie Carter and Phil Baroni. :scared0011:

Just kidding...:laugh:

There have been rumors of Jens Pulver, Pat Miletich, Rich Franklin and a few others I can't remember. There's a thread in here somewhere about it.

I'm still hoping they induct Matt and Chuck at the same time:)Franklin? No way, if they were going to do active fighters, there would be more choices ahead of Rich, same goes for Jens...and I can understand Tanner because of his death, but I 'd prefer they just leave it based on accomplishments, Tanner had a good career, but its not HOF worthy until his death

Hughes_GOAT
05-27-2009, 03:24 AM
it's gonna be Mir!

for both slots!

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 03:36 AM
I'm still hoping they induct Matt and Chuck at the same time:)

Me too brother!!

sender
05-27-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm pretty sure its hard to be the the greatest welterweight champ of all time and not be in the HOF :frantics:

CBCS
05-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Mask did help the sport out so I can see that. What about Don Frye?

Crisco
05-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Matt and Chuck getting inducted at UFC 100 together would be epic.

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Mask did help the sport out so I can see that. What about Don Frye?

He's badmouthed the UFC a lot so I think he's probably not.

Crisco
05-27-2009, 06:20 PM
He's badmouthed the UFC a lot so I think he's probably not.

Militich is on the **** list and there is no way Franklin would make the HOF before Hughes or Chuck. The only two fighters I can think of at the moment who deserve to be HOF are Hughes and Chuck. Mask rest his soul was not a fighter so has no place in the HOF.

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Militich is on the **** list and there is no way Franklin would make the HOF before Hughes or Chuck. The only two fighters I can think of at the moment who deserve to be HOF are Hughes and Chuck. Mask rest his soul was not a fighter so has no place in the HOF.

Hmmmm It's not called "The UFC Fighter Hall of Fame". Would we argue that Bruce Buffer won't have a place in the HOF or Joe Rogan. I imagine Greg Jackson would warrant a place in there eventually. something to think about

CBCS
05-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Here is the proof that I KNOW Chuck is getting the nod for HOF this year. This is the youtube video of Dana talking about Chuck retiring after UFC 97

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvoqDjtnmMM

(contains some languge of course...its Dana talking)

didn't know if you guys had seen this yet or not. rather good video to be honest.

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Here is the proof that I KNOW Chuck is getting the nod for HOF this year. This is the youtube video of Dana talking about Chuck retiring after UFC 97

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvoqDjtnmMM

(contains some languge of course...its Dana talking)

didn't know if you guys had seen this yet or not. rather good video to be honest.

More those of you who want to skip to the part about HOF it's at 7:56

TENNESSEAN
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Hmmmm It's not called "The UFC Fighter Hall of Fame". Would we argue that Bruce Buffer won't have a place in the HOF or Joe Rogan. I imagine Greg Jackson would warrant a place in there eventually. something to think about
or big jon

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
or big jon
Good point. he should be in there. I just checked both Baseball and Football hall of Fames and they have umps, coaches and 'contributors" in there.

CBCS
05-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Was their any truth in the rumor that Big John was coming back? Fact or fiction??

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Was their any truth in the rumor that Big John was coming back? Fact or fiction??

He's still not renewed his license in Nevada from last I heard.

Jonlion
05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
May i ask, who is in charge of giving out Hall of Fame slots?

I figured it would just be the UFC.

The issue is if some name mentioned get involved such as Franklin/Pulver, i see leagues within leagues, I mean, Hughes, Randy and Liddell at this time being surely stand alone at the summit.

For the future depending your gonna have GSP, Anderson annd BJ.

Tyburn
05-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Just wondering if you guys think Matt will be among one of the fighters selected into the Hall of Fame this year? Or have they already said who they are?
Well Matt is a certainty...but when, thats not clear. :mellow:

talkin_smack1
05-29-2009, 12:21 AM
I think they should wait till Hughes and Liddell are both retired and then bring them back and induct them together. I hate when they induct people that are still competing, but thats just me.. It is only a matter of time before they are inducted.. Hopefully thet are not inducted with Tito ( if he is inducted)