PDA

View Full Version : Anybody following the Drew Peterson case?

J.B.
05-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Just curious what others think of the guy. (although I'm sure I already know)

It's been plastered all over national news since his 4th wife Stacy went missing in October 2007. Anybody who is not familiar with the case can look it up easily, it's everywhere. He has also now been charged with the death of his 3rd wife, Kathleen Salvio, a death that was originally ruled an accident. Before this happened he was a cop for the Bolingbrook police, a little town adjacent to Joliet.

Normally I try not to get to wrapped up in cases like this. After the national media gets a hold of one story like this one, so many other atrocities seem to fall by the wayside, and the media attention only ends up making the job harder for the police. However, this one hits a little TOO close to home, because its all happening right here in my hometown. Supposedly they just found a body inside a blue barrel last week, and they are waiting to identify it now. It's probably going to be Stacy.

Personally, I don't know how anybody could really think the guy is innocent. It's also weird because people I know would see him out and about at various bars in the area, living it up like nothing happened. Now he's in jail, and I hope the facts come out and the case can finally be put to rest.

Thoughts? Comments?

County Mike
05-27-2009, 12:39 PM
I had to google it to see what it was about.

On a sidenote, Bolingbrook has the best municipal golf course I've ever played.

logrus
05-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I know they found a body in Channhon which could be possibly 1 of the 2 missing wives from the area. I haven't heard anything since though what they found in the DNA.

IT just shows you the corruption of the Police department, and just how stupid the female population really is. I mean his 3rd and 4th wife are dead or missing and his has a new g/f right away.

The last human alive would so be a male.

Crisco
05-27-2009, 01:26 PM
I know they found a body in Channhon which could be possibly 1 of the 2 missing wives from the area. I haven't heard anything since though what they found in the DNA.

IT just shows you the corruption of the Police department, and just how stupid the female population really is. I mean his 3rd and 4th wife are dead or missing and his has a new g/f right away.

How do you blame the police department exactly? It's not like they covered it up the dude is in jail.

rockdawg21
05-27-2009, 01:28 PM
All I know is his wives have a history of disappearing. It's not really hard evidence, but hopefully the prosecutors can tie everything together enough that the jury will convict him.

Miss Foxy
05-27-2009, 02:01 PM

Really? Not all females are stupid.. I would use that phrase with caution. You got a mom? A sister? Try telling them that and see how well it sits with them. Don't be such a weenie..:angry:

J.B.
05-27-2009, 02:14 PM
How do you blame the police department exactly? It's not like they covered it up the dude is in jail.

Well, he is in jail now, but I am pretty sure there was some covering up going on. I mean they did not really investigate the death of his third wife properly, until they exhumed her body after his 4th wife went missing, and they were in the middle of big divorce when the thrid wife died. She even told her family beforehand that if she died it would look like an accident, so that is pretty fishy.

Plus cops around here are crooked as hell!

County Mike
05-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Really? Not all females are stupid.. I would use that phrase with caution. You got a mom? A sister? Try telling them that and see how well it sits with them. Don't be such a weenie..:angry:

Hush up dummy! :tongue0011:

octagon junkie
05-27-2009, 05:51 PM
I think it will turn out to be his wife, he was always head up and smiling for the cameras but now that this body was found he walks out with his head down and nothing to say.

Crisco
05-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Hush up dummy! :tongue0011:

I lol'd

TurnOnTheBrightLights
05-28-2009, 04:38 AM
Drew Peterson is the definition of scum in my eyes. I know innocent till proven guilty, but the arrogance and complete lack of caring he showed with Stacey is disgusting.

The fact that a woman would actually get engaged to him with all this going on just shows the complete lack of common sense she has.

MattHughesRocks
05-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Andrea! :w00t:

I think it will turn out to be his wife, he was always head up and smiling for the cameras but now that this body was found he walks out with his head down and nothing to say.

octagon junkie
05-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I am still around just don't post much.

MattHughesRocks
05-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Obviously ( 7 posts) :laugh:

Don't be shy:)

I am still around just don't post much.

medic92
05-28-2009, 06:57 PM
"Innocent until proven guilty" is for the courtroom. Peterson is a sociopathic scumbag and I'd be happy to personally throw the switch to fry him.

By the way, the body found in the Des Plaines river was NOT Stacy Peterson. It was actually a male.

J.B.
05-28-2009, 07:59 PM
By the way, the body found in the Des Plaines river was NOT Stacy Peterson. It was actually a male.

I just read that now... but I had to actually search for the story. I did not see it in any local headlines. Which may have been an oversight by me, or may be that because it was not one of the two girls the media thought it would be they just did not give it much attention.

Bonnie
05-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Drew Peterson is one of those people that thinks he's smarter than everyone else. You could see it when he was videotaping the news media in front of his house right after his wife went missing. He was "flaunting" how clever and smart he is and having a ball doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if he put that barrell somewhere real close. Of course, I could be wrong. It's just with his mentality, I'd think he'd get a real big kick out knowing Stacy's body is right under everyone's nose (the police, her family, friends, etc...), and he's thinking he's been oh so clever and they are never going to find her. Afterall, he'd gotten away with it before....until now.

Hopefully, he'll get his just desserts.

logrus
05-28-2009, 09:56 PM

You just have to look at this case to see the flaw. 4 wives in total, missing, dead and now he has a new girlfriend. How is that humanly possible with the kind of track record the guy has.

Actually I told my sister what a loser of a husband he was going to be and I wanted nothing to do with him. Well she dis owned me, in the end guess who was right about the guy and his sister.

Mom says the same thing to be honest, course shes not blunt like I am.

billwilliams70
05-29-2009, 02:19 AM
I think the guy's an idiot. Glad they're finally focusing on him for real and that they've got some concrete evidence to work with.

Later.