PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Beach Cancelled

Tyburn
05-26-2009, 10:51 PM
:mellow: I just cant afford that in terms of time or money...I had no idea how long away that was...I thought it would be a short journey, but it looks to be a very long time...soo...I'm going right from Washington to Richmond instead :laugh:

Sorry Max :unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
05-27-2009, 05:41 AM
So what's "on" for the trip? Where will you being staying? When is it? Sorry, I usually pay attention :unsure-1:

Tyburn
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
So what's "on" for the trip? Where will you being staying? When is it? Sorry, I usually pay attention :unsure-1:

Trains to Liverpool (not yet booked)
Flights to Washington DC (Booked and paid for)
1 Night Stay in Washington DC (Possibly staying at Brian13s place)
Amtrack to Richmond Virginia (Booked)
Virginia Beach Trip Cancelled
Three Nights Stay in Richmond Virginia (Not yet booked)
Suckerpunch Excursion (Finalized)
Amtrak to Chicago Illinois (Booked and paid for)
Two Nights in Chicago Illinois (Planning at present)
Unsure of Transport mode between Chicago and Thompson
1 Nights Stay in Thompson (almost certainly with Sugar Shane)
Unsure of Transport Mode between Thompson and Quad Cities (Bettendorf)
Three Nights Stay in Davenport Iowa (Not yet booked)
MFS Excursion (Finalized)
Moline Excursion (Finalized)
California State Visit Cancelled)
Bus from Moline to Bloomington-Normal (Booked, awaiting ticket arrival by post to my MFS contact (they wont post abroad LMFAO))
Car Journey to Saint Loius Missouri (Sorted)
HIT Squad Excursion (Finalized)
Four Nights Stay in Saint Louis Missouri (Not yet Booked)
New York State Visit (Cancelled)
New Jersey State Visit (Cancelled)
Amtrak to Washington DC (Booked and paid for)
1 Night in Washington DC (Not yet Booked)
Flights to Liverpool (Booked and paid for)
Cage Gladiators Event (Confirmed)
Cage Glaidators Accomodation for one night (Still to be arranged)
Train home (yet to be booked)

:w00t:

Crisco
05-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Sounds like a heck of a trip Dave.

Crisco
05-27-2009, 02:16 PM
You should get married while your here Dave so you don't have to go back home.

MattHughesRocks
05-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh please....don't get him started :blink:

Llamafighter
05-27-2009, 05:08 PM
:unsure-1: Dave you do know that you can find airfare for cheaper than AMtrak and would give you more time in each place, right?

Tyburn
05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
:w00t: ive thought of that also :laugh:

llllamafighter, I decided I wanted to see some of the countryside this time. I'm going for so long that I'm not in any rush :)

Miss Foxy
05-27-2009, 06:28 PM
:wink: Virginia Beach is gross you aint missing anything buddy..:cool:

Tyburn
05-27-2009, 06:40 PM
:wink: Virginia Beach is gross you aint missing anything buddy..:cool:
I'm missing Antwain Britt :sad: but I cant afford to go all that way, when I think there is only him and like two others out there.

...and Max from this Forum :laugh:

Buzzard
05-29-2009, 04:27 AM
You should have rented a car and driven from D.C. to Richmond, then again you would be watching the road instead of the countryside.

Neezar
05-29-2009, 04:42 AM
You should have rented a car and driven from D.C. to Richmond, then again you would be watching the road instead of the countryside.

Dave has failed the driving test 43 times.

Tyburn
05-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Dave has failed the driving test 43 times.
:angry:

I only failed it once :laugh:

Bassically I can drive no problem, the first City I learned to drive in was Lincoln and I learned in a Manual Petrol, but we left Lincoln before I was ready to take the test. So we moved to Harrogate, and I started in a different city, and with a different Car, but I wasnt in Harrogate long before Moving to Bradford. So I then had to learn to drive in a third city, and this time it was a Diesil Engine. What confuse me are gears, I could pass the test easy in an automatic, but if you take your test in one of those, you cant drive manuel and most cars are manual.

So Test day came after five years of driving sporadically, in three different cars, with two different fuels and three very different cities. We left the test centre and things went wrong when the Examiner told me "take the first turning on your left" bear in mind my Driving Instructor was in the back also.

I was a little confused so I said "Are you sure you want me to do that"

The Examiner had obviously never been spoken to like that, so he repeated his request. Duely I signalled and we pulled into the Car park "NOT THAT LEFT" said the Examiner...at which point I was so shocked by his anger, I stalled the engine :laugh:

Most of the rest of the test went alright until we began our approach to the infamous "Five Lane Ends" Round-a-bout. I have to concentrate very hard for round-a-bouts because of the lanes and stuff. So the Examiner gave the instruction, and I began intense concentration, and it wasnt till I pulled out that I suddenly realized I'd been so focused I didnt know which Turning he wanted me to take...so...we went round once...then we went round again, and by the third time of orbiting this stupid bollard thing, I decided to pick at random a turning...and it wasnt the right one :laugh:

However...what I actually failed for was right at the end of the test. We were coming down this hill on a minor road and he wanted me to turn right across all the traffic (remember we drive on the opposite side of the road to you anyway!) on a major road. Now by this time I was a bit hesitant..and I decided to go, then...I decided I didnt have enough time so I waited..and because I was really expecting to go sooner, I held the car at the bite at the bottom of this hill, rather then stopping and putting my handbrake on whilst I waited hahahaha

So...to arrange a hire car, and drive anywhere, in any country isnt a good idea. You might have noticed I couldnt drive if you read the itinery, I talk about getting Amtrak, busses, car lifts, etc...I wouldnt need to do any of that if I could drive.

BUT then I moved to London and there was no point in having a car, and when I moved back to Harrogate, I discovered I was in easy walking distance from everywhere.

I really want a motorbike since you can drive on a provisional liscene for ever...but my family dont like that idea :laugh:

Neezar
05-29-2009, 02:33 PM
:angry:

I only failed it once :laugh:

Bassically I can drive no problem, the first City I learned to drive in was Lincoln and I learned in a Manual Petrol, but we left Lincoln before I was ready to take the test. So we moved to Harrogate, and I started in a different city, and with a different Car, but I wasnt in Harrogate long before Moving to Bradford. So I then had to learn to drive in a third city, and this time it was a Diesil Engine. What confuse me are gears, I could pass the test easy in an automatic, but if you take your test in one of those, you cant drive manuel and most cars are manual.

So Test day came after five years of driving sporadically, in three different cars, with two different fuels and three very different cities. We left the test centre and things went wrong when the Examiner told me "take the first turning on your left" bear in mind my Driving Instructor was in the back also.

I was a little confused so I said "Are you sure you want me to do that"

The Examiner had obviously never been spoken to like that, so he repeated his request. Duely I signalled and we pulled into the Car park "NOT THAT LEFT" said the Examiner...at which point I was so shocked by his anger, I stalled the engine :laugh:

Most of the rest of the test went alright until we began our approach to the infamous "Five Lane Ends" Round-a-bout. I have to concentrate very hard for round-a-bouts because of the lanes and stuff. So the Examiner gave the instruction, and I began intense concentration, and it wasnt till I pulled out that I suddenly realized I'd been so focused I didnt know which Turning he wanted me to take...so...we went round once...then we went round again, and by the third time of orbiting this stupid bollard thing, I decided to pick at random a turning...and it wasnt the right one :laugh:

However...what I actually failed for was right at the end of the test. We were coming down this hill on a minor road and he wanted me to turn right across all the traffic (remember we drive on the opposite side of the road to you anyway!) on a major road. Now by this time I was a bit hesitant..and I decided to go, then...I decided I didnt have enough time so I waited..and because I was really expecting to go sooner, I held the car at the bite at the bottom of this hill, rather then stopping and putting my handbrake on whilst I waited hahahaha

So...to arrange a hire car, and drive anywhere, in any country isnt a good idea. You might have noticed I couldnt drive if you read the itinery, I talk about getting Amtrak, busses, car lifts, etc...I wouldnt need to do any of that if I could drive.

BUT then I moved to London and there was no point in having a car, and when I moved back to Harrogate, I discovered I was in easy walking distance from everywhere.

I really want a motorbike since you can drive on a provisional liscene for ever...but my family dont like that idea :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tyburn
05-29-2009, 05:50 PM
but I'm sure you've heard that story before :ashamed: :laugh:

REMY
05-31-2009, 03:40 PM
just a heads up....NJ has round-a-bouts as well...first time i was in the state it confused the hell outta me...oh and most cars in the us are automatic not stick.

Tyburn
05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
just a heads up....NJ has round-a-bouts as well...first time i was in the state it confused the hell outta me...oh and most cars in the us are automatic not stick.
:huh: I didnt know either of those facts :laugh:

I thought the US didnt have round-a-bouts...and I didnt know they favoured automatics either

though I think both are an imporvement on the European :laugh:

Buzzard
05-31-2009, 05:52 PM
I learned to drive in a Triumph TR6 manual in a shopping mall parking lot when I was about 14 or 15. As long as I am able, I will always choose a manual transmission over an automatic. I even taught my girlfriend how to drive a manual transmission car in an empty commuter parking lot. The next day she bought a new car with a stick. If she could learn, anyone can. They are more fun to drive I think.

REMY
05-31-2009, 11:13 PM
:huh: I didnt know either of those facts :laugh:

I thought the US didnt have round-a-bouts...and I didnt know they favoured automatics either

though I think both are an imporvement on the European :laugh:

yeah - now a days most cars/trucks are standard automatic, you usually have to order one with manual transmission. simply put for the normal daily driver there is no reason at all for a manual tranny, and if you live in a city it just becomes a pain in the butt...to much shifting lol.

yeah i hate round-a-abouts....i always just stay on the outside lane no matter which turn i'm taking lol

and actually Ft Dix (army base in NJ) has a round-a-bout as well...

MattHughesRocks
06-01-2009, 03:37 AM
I don't know how to drive stick :w00t:

Miss Foxy
06-01-2009, 04:35 AM
I don't know how to drive stick :w00t:
Same here sista!! Everyone has tried to teach me and I just end up frustrated in tears...I just don't get it!:unsure:

Primadawn
06-01-2009, 04:46 AM
I CAN drive a standard..but I HATE it! How am I supposed to talk on my cell, text, or put on makeup while driving if I keep having to SHIFT???:angry:

MattHughesRocks
06-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Don't worry about it.Stick is stupid anyway.I don't even get the point. Why would someone want the extra hassel?

Same here sista!! Everyone has tried to teach me and I just end up frustrated in tears...I just don't get it!:unsure:

MattHughesRocks
06-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Yeah, and that :laugh:

I CAN drive a standard..but I HATE it! How am I supposed to talk on my cell, text, or put on makeup while driving if I keep having to SHIFT???:angry:

Buzzard
06-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Don't worry about it.Stick is stupid anyway.I don't even get the point. Why would someone want the extra hassel?

If you are coordinated, driving a stick is a piece of cake. It's better on gas, I get to choose which gears I'm in, and it's fun. As I said, if my ex-girlfriend could learn, anyone can.

J.B.
06-01-2009, 11:04 PM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/facepalm.jpg

Tyburn
06-01-2009, 11:22 PM
If you are coordinated,
:unsure-1: I'm Not :mellow:

Tyburn
06-01-2009, 11:22 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/shockdamonkey/facepalm.jpg

Buzzard
06-01-2009, 11:34 PM
:unsure-1: I'm Not :mellow:

I have a feeling I could teach you without any problem. Once you understand the principles behind it and what it feels like to do it correctly, it's a piece of cake.

Tyburn
06-02-2009, 12:05 AM
I have a feeling I could teach you without any problem. Once you understand the principles behind it and what it feels like to do it correctly, it's a piece of cake.
:laugh: we may never know :laugh:

Buzzard
06-02-2009, 01:32 AM
:laugh: we may never know :laugh:

When you travel through to Richmond, you could drop me a line and I could teach you.

J.B.
06-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Hey Dave, correct me if I am wrong, but you don't drive at all do you?

Have you ever driven a car? Driving manual is not hard, but if you have no experience I would definitely start out on automatic. Otherwise it's pretty much baptism by fire! :laugh:

Tyburn
06-02-2009, 12:53 PM

Have you ever driven a car? Driving manual is not hard, but if you have no experience I would definitely start out on automatic. Otherwise it's pretty much baptism by fire! :laugh:
...I did five years of driving in three different cars and three different cities before failing my test :laugh: :laugh:

Tyburn
06-02-2009, 12:53 PM
When you travel through to Richmond, you could drop me a line and I could teach you.
Im only in Richmond for three days :blink:

mikthehick
06-09-2009, 09:20 PM

It can be done, I'm the proof in the pudding.

I learned on a 1985 Manual Ford Tempo, and my dad said if people could drive that, they could drive anything.

the Ford clutches in their cars up until about 2005 have been farces, being more fickle than women with PMS. The only other car that had a clutch as confusing as a Ford clutch was the 2002-2006 VW Beetles. Yeah, I had to drive those too when I sold them.

I also had to drive a Ford F-150 around the barn back in the day,I think that truck was an '89.

Now, so far, the best manual I've driven is the Mazda 3, with the 6 a close second. My Mazda6 is not a manual, but it does have a sport AT, which is pretty close. 6 speed of course :)

There is my car post of the day:cool: