PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of Fedor/Barnett finally

Josh
05-24-2009, 04:31 PM
http://www.mmanews.com/other/Rumor:-Fedor-Vs-Barnett-Agree-To-Affliction-3-Fight-For-August-1st.html

Oh man I am so stoked for this. Two of my favorite HWs and while I think Fedor will win I think Barnett will really surprise some people. LOL at someones skill being tested by how long it takes Fedor to beat them.

Hughes_GOAT
05-24-2009, 06:42 PM
http://www.mmanews.com/other/Rumor:-Fedor-Vs-Barnett-Agree-To-Affliction-3-Fight-For-August-1st.html

Oh man I am so stoked for this. Two of my favorite HWs and while I think Fedor will win I think Barnett will really surprise some people. LOL at someones skill being tested by how long it takes Fedor to beat them.
Fedor[/thread]

David_Banner
05-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Barnett didnt want this fight because he said him and Fedor were close friends. Very honorable I thought. Then Frank Mir says during that Fight Club Q&A the other day "How can you be best friends with a dude that doesnt even speak your own language?" I nearly threw up I laughed so hard.

Hughes_GOAT
05-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Barnett didnt want this fight because he said him and Fedor were close friends. Very honorable I thought. Then Frank Mir says during that Fight Club Q&A the other day "How can you be best friends with a dude that doesnt even speak your own language?" I nearly threw up I laughed so hard.
Mir's a tool. Fedor speaks English well enough to have American seminars.

Hughes_GOAT
05-24-2009, 11:27 PM
and Barnett would baptize Mir.

Josh
05-25-2009, 06:04 AM
Pretty easy for Mir to run his mouth about two guys he will never have to face in the UFC. Either of which would ruin him. Dana should give him a bonus.

J.B.
05-25-2009, 06:22 AM
I don't know guys.... I mean do you really think guys like Barnett and Fedor make the cut on the list of 9 people walking the planet who could beat Mir in a fight?

:laugh:

David_Banner
05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't know guys.... I mean do you really think guys like Barnett and Fedor make the cut on the list of 9 people walking the planet who could beat Mir in a fight?

Haha yeah, Im sure Josh and Fedor are both near the top.

J.B.
05-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Haha yeah, Im sure Josh and Fedor are both near the top.

After that commercial started running with Mir saying there are only 10 people in the world who could beat him in a fight, I had to laugh.

I'm not sure who said it, but I am pretty sure it was GOAT, but somebody said the list is actually only 9 people because Mir is counting himself. :laugh: Funniest post I can remember in a long time :laugh:

David_Banner
05-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Mir's a tool. Fedor speaks English well enough to have American seminars.

I get that. I also see Fedor as a genuine person that goes out of his way to connect with people, so yeah, its not at all far fetched. There is also some really bad blood between Josh and the UFC so I dont see these comments as anything less then funny talk boardering on the slanderous. I think Frank is really comical, but the brass tax of his comment is really there to side with Dana, which I def understand.

David_Banner
05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
After that commercial started running with Mir saying there are only 10 people in the world who could beat him in a fight, I had to laugh.

I'm not sure who said it, but I am pretty sure it was GOAT, but somebody said the list is actually only 9 people because Mir is counting himself. :laugh: Funniest post I can remember in a long time :laugh:

Hahaha thats pretty funny, and very true.

Spiritwalker
05-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Tim Silvia lasted longer than Barnett will...

I would rather Barnett fight Tim or Andrie ..then the winner get another shot at Fedor.

KevinD
05-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I honestly think Arlovski needs a rematch with Fedor but only after he spends a few years with a sports psycologist.

Hughes_GOAT
05-25-2009, 08:04 PM

yeah that was me

*toots own horn*

Josh
05-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Tim Silvia lasted longer than Barnett will...

I would rather Barnett fight Tim or Andrie ..then the winner get another shot at Fedor.
Want to do another sig bet? I would be willing to be Barnett lasts at least twice as long as Sylvia did.

Josh
05-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I honestly think Arlovski needs a rematch with Fedor but only after he spends a few years with a sports psycologist.
Nah he just needs some titanium/botox injections into his chin.

Hughes_GOAT
05-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Nah he just needs some titanium/botox injections into his chin.
problem is he has regular glass in his chin and he needs some of that Pope Mobile glass instead.

J.B.
05-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Barnett is no joke, I would not be shocked if he gave Fedor a run for his money....or dare I say....actually beat him...

Josh
05-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Barnett is no joke, I would not be shocked if he gave Fedor a run for his money....or dare I say....actually beat him...
Thank you. I have been saying this for a while and people usually call me crazy.

Hughes_GOAT
05-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Thank you. I have been saying this for a while and people usually call me crazy.
Barnett is that you?

J.B.
05-25-2009, 11:17 PM

Fight fans are the hardest fans to reason with in any sport.

Josh
05-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Barnett is that you?
No but we have a lot in common. I'm just a lot shorter, more ugly, poorer, not nearly as talented, insignificant, and probably not as smart. But we have the same name so I guess it evens out.

J.B.
05-26-2009, 01:44 AM
No but we have a lot in common. I'm just a lot shorter, more ugly, poorer, not nearly as talented, insignificant, and probably not as smart. But we have the same name so I guess it evens out.

Don't beat yourself up like that! I'm sure you would do just fine against Fedor too..:laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
05-26-2009, 02:05 AM
good, cause i was gonna say i know Barnett and even he knows Fedor is the truth.

Josh
05-26-2009, 04:54 AM
good, cause i was gonna say i know Barnett and even he knows Fedor is the truth.
Are you familiar with Eric Paulson? He either trains or trained Josh Barnett. My kids MMA coach Mark Olsen trained with Eric and they still put there Submission Wrestling teams against each other for friendly competition. Anyway he (Mark) had opportunity to train with Josh Barnett (plus a whole bunch of other great guys) and he said he was a really laid back and cool guy in person. From what I understand he occasionally shows up at some of the local MMA matches so maybe I will get to meet him. But yeah Fedor will probably win. I just think Josh has as least as good of a chance as AA had.

Hughes_GOAT
05-26-2009, 05:08 AM
yeah i know Eric. he's the Catch Wrestling expert. anyway, Barnett is the most dangerous opponent for Fedor. he has solid wrestling and unorthodox subs.

Hughes_GOAT
05-26-2009, 05:11 AM
Barnett is my 2nd fav HW edging out CC because he listens to metal.

J.B.
05-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Barnett is my 2nd fav HW edging out CC because he listens to metal.

Josh Homme > Josh Barnett :)

Hughes_GOAT
05-26-2009, 06:35 AM
Josh Homme > Josh Barnett :)
definitely

J.B.
05-26-2009, 07:14 AM
definitely

You know what's funny, Josh Homme is actually like 6'2 and was a pretty good athlete when he was younger. He has even been known to whoop some butt, at least according to all the stories. I guess he beat up Blag Dhalia from the Dwarves a while back, not that that is saying much.

I wonder what he would look like in the cage? Heck, if Canseco can get in there, why not Homme? :laugh:

Have you ever seen that video of Glen Danzig getting KO'd by a guy in a band that he screwed out of an opening set? Classic.

Hughes_GOAT
05-26-2009, 07:48 AM
link

J.B.
05-26-2009, 07:52 AM
link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEehtlKVKps

Hughes_GOAT
05-26-2009, 07:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEehtlKVKps
thanks