PDA

View Full Version : Who loves ya baby!

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2009, 03:59 AM
WAY TO GO MATT!!!
:jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045:

medic92
05-24-2009, 04:05 AM
Was it by decision, KO, TKO, submission? My wife and I are dying over here!

Preach
05-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Matt your a class act. I am very proud to be your fan and friend. You showed great heart and an awesome throw. Your clinch strength and endurance was world class. Thanks for a great showing and win

MMeh
05-24-2009, 04:09 AM
Who hoo!!!!!!!

Bonnie
05-24-2009, 04:12 AM
:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing::happydancing: :happydancing:

MATT WE LOVE YOU!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

J.B.
05-24-2009, 04:12 AM
:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

AWESOME FIGHT MATT!!!!!

chum567
05-24-2009, 04:13 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Bonnie
05-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Was it by decision, KO, TKO, submission? My wife and I are dying over here!

It was Matt H-U-G-H-E-S by UD 29-28!!! :happydancing:

As usual Matt showed great heart and that never-quit fighting spirit! :punch:

Tyburn
05-24-2009, 04:17 AM
YOU WON

(Incase you didnt know :laugh: )

Now...Whose up for a Third Reign :huh:

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2009, 04:18 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/thb020.gif

CAVEMAN
05-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Give that man a cigar!:happydancing:

flo
05-24-2009, 04:44 AM
WOOHOO!!!

You're awesome, Matt!

It was so great to see you back in the octagon!

flo
05-24-2009, 04:46 AM
I'm still just amazed that Matt withstood the effects of the head-butt and hung in there. What heart!

Like Ben said, I'm proud to be a fan, you represent the best of the sport, Matt.

pierson
05-24-2009, 04:51 AM
Sweet!!! Thanks for sending us all to bed with a big smile on our faces...that is if we can sleep....time to rewind the DVR

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2009, 04:53 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/MMA/mma.jpg

WE KNEW YOU COULD!

Josh
05-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Great job Matt we are proud of ya.

Mac
05-24-2009, 05:03 AM
son of a ***** boys and girls . Dont know bout any of you but when that head butt came in i went into cardiac arrest. I spent the third round standing on the front porch away from everyone , palms dripping , crossing and uncrossing my arms , hollering at the top of my lungs,.

At one point i hollered out to the driveway for some asshole to shut his harley off , but it was my heart beating out of my chest.

When Matts hand got raised the throng of folks in my living room blew the roof off the place , Hank woke up screaming actually , we scared him from a deep sleep lol.

Just goes to show how strong our fighter is . Most guys would have been out cold and given up . Not Matt, he dug down deep , pulled it together and controlled serra just as he said he would do for all 3 rounds. I actually thought we matt was gonna top the trigg 2 fight for a second after he regained his composer and then took serras back. Words cant explain the way i get when matt steps into the cage , from the goose bumps when Hank strums those first few unforgettable chords , to the thumping chest and sweaty palms to the pure excitement of a job well done for a buddy when his hand is raise. Kinda like having a wall hanger walk within bow range. Cant say good job enough buddy .

Matt , coming from a friend . Good Job Pal.

Shawn
05-24-2009, 05:04 AM
My first post after just finding this site 2 days ago...

CONGRATS to Matt Hughes! Way to be classy to Serra even when a lot of people wouldn't have been after all of his talking. This is why I'm a fan of Hughes, he's a classy dude and a legend in the sport!

That was a fun fight to watch.

Bonnie
05-24-2009, 05:08 AM
What you saw in that first round is what makes Matt so special. You can't teach that. It's something you have or you don't. And Matt's got it!

THE HEART OF A CHAMPION!

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Great first post Shawn.Welcome!:)

My first post after just finding this site 2 days ago...

CONGRATS to Matt Hughes! Way to be classy to Serra even when a lot of people wouldn't have been after all of his talking. This is why I'm a fan of Hughes, he's a classy dude and a legend in the sport!

That was a fun fight to watch.

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2009, 05:11 AM
He totally makes me want to shave my head I get SO excited! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

son of a ***** boys and girls . Dont know bout any of you but when that head butt came in i went into cardiac arrest. I spent the third round standing on the front porch away from everyone , palms dripping , crossing and uncrossing my arms , hollering at the top of my lungs,.

At one point i hollered out to the driveway for some asshole to shut his harley off , but it was my heart beating out of my chest.

When Matts hand got raised the throng of folks in my living room blew the roof off the place , Hank woke up screaming actually , we scared him from a deep sleep lol.

Just goes to show how strong our fighter is . Most guys would have been out cold and given up . Not Matt, he dug down deep , pulled it together and controlled serra just as he said he would do for all 3 rounds. I actually thought we matt was gonna top the trigg 2 fight for a second after he regained his composer and then took serras back. Words cant explain the way i get when matt steps into the cage , from the goose bumps when Hank strums those first few unforgettable chords , to the thumping chest and sweaty palms to the pure excitement of a job well done for a buddy when his hand is raise. Kinda like having a wall hanger walk within bow range. Cant say good job enough buddy .

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2009, 05:13 AM
MATT! HUGHES!!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/the162f006.gif

Mac
05-24-2009, 05:14 AM
He totally makes me want to shave my head I get SO excited! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

I remembered Nate saying thats why Fiore shaved his head for the lylte fight , to show support. I couldnt make it to vegas so i took the path fiore made and went to work with the quatro on my noggin lol.

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2009, 05:16 AM
And I'm still waiting for a pic! :w00t:

I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

I remembered Nate saying thats why Fiore shaved his head for the lylte fight , to show support. I couldnt make it to vegas so i took the path fiore made and went to work with the quatro on my noggin lol.

Faith and Grace
05-24-2009, 05:23 AM
matt looked HUGE!! That is the Matt I missed. i am confused though. The head butt didn't look like much. I don't know if it was the shot after the head butt but I hope Matt's chin is not failing him.
Mac,
I feel the exact same way you do when Matt comes out and the music starts to play. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Just wish Hughes would have neaten on him.

cheachea
05-24-2009, 05:23 AM
God Bless You Matt and thanks for being a Champion we all can respect.

Quell
05-24-2009, 05:27 AM

Mac bud I couldn't of said it better, you took the words and emotion out of my mouth. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Thanks Matt!! n GREAT JOB!! your a class act.

angelb
05-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Fantastic, i haven't seen the fight so can't wait to now!!
Praise God, Matt your awesome :)

TonyCap
05-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Great fight, glad Hughes finally beat Serra. :)

Oddtodd76
05-24-2009, 06:09 AM
I am glad it is over! I thought i was gonna get sick, i was so nervous! I said a few cuss words tonite folks.
I guarantee i will have lost my voice come morning. I just took some nightquil. My voice is all scratchy an hoarse.

And the rashad ko was the cherry on top for the night! Woo...(sorry rashad fans)

Jonlion
05-24-2009, 06:16 AM
Mac, you said it best my friend!

I did not enjoy that fight at all, was so nervous and so worried in the First, again shows Matt's heart, unbelievable, to fight through it survive and then the second part of that round.

So relieved and whilst Serra fought well, he never attacked enough and Matt pretty much beat him standing, clinch, the ground, all over.

Could of been a sweet RNC and i think if Matt hadn't been rocked by that headbutt, he may of inflicted a lot more damage.

Great win!

chum567
05-24-2009, 06:42 AM
i was freaking out at the beginning with the headbut....so glad he pulled it off

TheConcretekid
05-24-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm just bummed that Serra put that hat on for the post fight, he had little nicks and digs all over his forehead.... muahahah

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
05-24-2009, 07:05 AM
All HEART!! My brothers and I are so proud!! Illinois is proud as always also.

VCURamFan
05-24-2009, 10:30 AM
That was such a fantastic experience. When Matt got caught with the head-butt/back of the head combo, I about puked all over the guys in front of me. After that I think I had God working overtime!!

The last 3 fights of the night couldn't have been any better for me!!!

Tyburn
05-24-2009, 11:25 AM
When Matt got caught with the head...
:laugh:

Some of us on manning the Forum were extremely nervous, and VERY concerned when that happened. I even got the shakes I was so nervous :laugh:

Neezar
05-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Matt <----:wub:

I have to go to work now and don't have time to gloat but I shall return!

:D

Blmfighter
05-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Great job Matt! I'm so glad that you won the fight.

cubsfan47
05-24-2009, 12:51 PM
I have one of the t shirts autographed by Matt. Today it will be placed in a jersey case next to a Sydney Crosby jersey. It will replace a baseball jersey; looks like my team is going to suck this year so why not go with a winner.:)

pistol-pete
05-24-2009, 02:11 PM
I was at the local bar for the fight and the crowd was pro Hughes. When he went down, I was like, "crap another Liddell moment." Hughes didn't deserve to go out that way getting caught with some total BS. Then Hughes survived. and took the fight to Serra. I saw the fight a little differently. I gave the first round to Hughes, the second to MH, and the third to Serra. Hughes got caught in the first and I am sure the judges didn't see the head butt, but Hughes recovered took Serra down and then took his back for a minute or so.

Most importantly, I think Hughes won the stand up game with that little 5'6" ball of dynamite(:rolleyes:). Serra seemed really unsure with his striking, nowing for sure that if he engaged he was going to get taken down ala the GSP fight. MH's striking looked sharp although I don't like that lunging jab he throws.

Whats next for Matt Hughes? I think he is going to take a fight against someone like Kos, Fitch, or even Marcus Davis. Then if Alves beats GSP, and Hughes defeats his next opponent he could be looking at a shot at the title. Just my take on it.

MattHughesRocks
05-24-2009, 02:49 PM
I went to sleep.I woke up. I'm still so excited! :jumping0045:

Jeff Crow
05-25-2009, 03:02 AM
What great heart and win Matt!!!

It seemed closer when watching it live than after I watched it the second time. Other than getting hurt by the head butt, you basically dominated the fight.

The main thing that stands out is that when he hurt GSP, he finished him. He wasn't able to do that to you. That just shows how great of a fighter you are.

Nice...:D

MattHughesRocks
05-25-2009, 03:21 AM
Ok now I've worked all day.Came home. I'm still :jumping0045:

VCURamFan
05-25-2009, 03:29 AM
I'm still having trouble processing last night. It seems so surreal that I was able to see that happen live & then hang out with Matt afterwards & hear what he & Fiore & Pena all thought about the match. Fantastic!!!

Preach
05-25-2009, 08:31 PM
there is only one word to describe this throw
http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&w=550&cs=1&s=711DE023-1422-0E8C-9A608D2D36CA7A5C.jpg

NICE:laugh:

Miss Foxy
05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
So proud of you Matt!! You looked great out there, and Serra couldnt touch you..You are truly a warrior and I loved your shirt!!! :wink: