PDA

View Full Version : The guy who built his own army

Tyburn
05-17-2009, 02:35 AM
:ninja:

It happened, infact its decesendant is the largest Standing Army on Earth today :ninja: Its founder took Farmers to turn them into an Army by writing his own book on how to train.

AND one of the main principles of his Training was a MIXED MARTIAL ART system. This was back in 1555. :laugh:

He was also an Architect, who created one of the largest structures on the planet. His design can be seen from orbit.

This is his name

Qi Jiguang, he was a General in Rank.

Its Pronounced Cheee Chigwan LOL

and its The Peoples Liberation Army of The Peoples Republic of China who apparently still follows his training today

He Built a New Wall of China across the nasty wall that was built before, and he designed his own army, to replace the Ming Army, because standards had dropped so far, the Capital had been attacked by Mongols...because the place was so wealthy, noone wanted to be in the Military...thus there was noone to protect them...infact the Chinese had a system where being in the army was hereditery, so the Army was full of names of citizens who should, by birthright have been soldiers...but actually...they werent...Qi discovered most of them were farmers...so he trained them and got the Emporar to pay them properly.

All Qi really did was bring back a very ancient ideology to a decadent society that had forgotten it. So, for example, he stressed in his army key things like teamwork, and loyalty, so the Army became a family. They loved him and they would die for him, whether it be fighting Japanese Pirates, Mongol invaders, or...as many did, die in Rebuilding The Great Wall of China. See there was already a wall in the north, but it was a bit crappy...it was made out of earth :laugh:

So...as was his hereditery, Qi was passing his Martial Arts exam in the forbidden city, to gain entry to the Army, when the Mongols sent a force across the border and into the Capital (the Forbidden City is within the Capital) The Mongols stayed for ages, until they got bored, and then left (a few months) Qi passed his test, got into the army, and instantly proposed an attack force to the Emporar (it was one of the late Ming emporars) but the court wouldnt have it. So they stationed him on the coast to see if he could actually rid them of a problem with Japanese Pirates. Thats when he wrote his training manuel and got all the farmers to become soldiers...so the next Emporar listened to Him when he suggested rebuilding the Wall...and it was built in record speed...just a few years!!! (He was by this point a General in the Army) What people dont understand is that He didnt just build a wall...he built towers on hills infront of the wall as early warning look-outs, and headquarters or garrisons behind the walls in each section. He loved the Western Canon...soooo he designed his own and put them in his towers.

1575 was apparently the walls first test. The first line of defence was a row of canons on the ground. The flag was raised at this post and the lookout towers saw the warning, and relayed it back to the wall, who got the garrisons going. on that day Qi was in the Garrison. He led the troops out beyond the wall and the fight happened around the lookout towers.

They captured the Brother of the Mongol Leader and took him as a prisoner. Qi is thus a sucess, and all the court people who were upset about spending money on Qis wall, backdown. Qi gets an Emporars Commendation. The Mongol Leader appears at the Wall in peace to plead for his Brother. Qi lets the Brother go, and comes back to fight at the wall again, and is defeated again until peace begins to prevail, since fighting at the war begins to be a pointless effort from the Mongol point of view.

Tyburn
05-17-2009, 03:09 AM
But as the wall continues to grow and use wealth...Qi and his supporters are seen as a threat because they were growing to powerful. A new Emporar begins to listen to those who are not allied with Qi.

Eventually Qi loses his mentor in Court, who had tutored him in Martial Arts, and had been his voice in court. He only just avoided execution and died in his home not to long after. So the conspiritors begin to make false allegations against Qi himself. They claim that Qi and his Mentor (who is now dead) were plotting to overthrow the Emporar.

Qi hears of these plots and is forced to burn documents between himself and his old Mentor which might be missunderstood and used to try and charge him. Never the less, Qi is relieved of his Command, and enmass the army weep his leaving. Qi died later that same year at home, it appears that once separated from the Military and the Army, he sort of withered away.

The Wall was never completed to plan, and the Ming pulled everything back behind the wall, the Canon stations vanished, the lookout towers vanished...and so when the Mongols returned with the support of the Manchu Empire...

...The Ming Dynasty came to a rather abrupt end.

Tyburn
05-17-2009, 03:19 AM
1644, fifty years after Qi, peasent revolt, parlimentary corruption...and Manchu :unsure-1:

The problem with China is that its capital was so close to the North boarder. The laugh of it is they attack at the same place where Qi made his magnificent stand.

But there is no particular war. The Rebels send scouts undercover into the Wall...and the door is opened for them from within. The Emporar actually flees from the Forbidden City after declairing the country bankrupt.

There is then Two Centuries of rule by a Dynasty under Manchu. The Great Wall is never reconsidered :sad: ...and so the wall just sits there, as the wilderness begins to take-over again.

The Wall might now be a relic...but the Peoples Liberation Army "The Wall of Iron and Steel" as it was labled by Qi still exists lurking in the shadows waiting for its time to arise.... :ninja:

Hughes_GOAT
05-17-2009, 04:36 AM
"Qi's a ****ing loser."--Dana White

Crisco
05-17-2009, 04:53 AM
It's actually a myth that the great wall can be seen from space. The chinese recently confirmed it was a myth with their man in space and they are henceforth striking it from their text books.

Tyburn
05-17-2009, 11:53 AM
It's actually a myth that the great wall can be seen from space. The chinese recently confirmed it was a myth with their man in space and they are henceforth striking it from their text books.
No...I heard the myth was that it could be seen from the moon...apparently, thats not true :laugh:

Crisco
05-18-2009, 04:33 AM
No...I heard the myth was that it could be seen from the moon...apparently, thats not true :laugh:

No from space period. The chinese have not gone to the moon yet.

Hughes_GOAT
05-18-2009, 05:31 AM
No from space period. The chinese have not gone to the moon yet.
no one has :ninja:

Crisco
05-18-2009, 01:55 PM
no one has :ninja:

I actually have to agree with you man.

Tyburn
05-18-2009, 04:04 PM
:rolleyes:

Crisco
05-18-2009, 06:30 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4515544/

Hughes_GOAT
05-18-2009, 06:35 PM
I actually have to agree with you man.
good :happy:

TheConcretekid
05-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Define "from space"

Technically everything you see on google earth is as it is seen from space... technically.

Also, we have been to the moon. Cmon guys I expect more from you, don't buy into those conspiracy theories.

Next your going to say that Bush masterminded 9/11 and that the LHC is going to create a black hole... or that the G-spot exists.

Crisco
05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Define "from space"

Technically everything you see on google earth is as it is seen from space... technically.

Also, we have been to the moon. Cmon guys I expect more from you, don't buy into those conspiracy theories.

Next your going to say that Bush masterminded 9/11 and that the LHC is going to create a black hole... or that the G-spot exists.

I dunno bro there is enough evidence against a moon landing for us to question it.

Crisco
05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Define "from space"

google earth is shot from a satellite what we mean is from the naked eye.

Tyburn
05-18-2009, 08:13 PM
I dunno bro there is enough evidence against a moon landing for us to question it.
the only Evidence that I know, that I would even think is slightly odd...is the flag on the moon. The pictures show it as if its waving in a breeze.

unlikely...since there is no atmosphere, and hence no breeze on the Moon...the flag should have flopped.

I have heard counters to those argument though which made sense when I heard them...I just cant remember then now :blink: :laugh:

Tyburn
05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
the only Evidence that I know, that I would even think is slightly odd...is the flag on the moon. The pictures show it as if its waving in a breeze.

unlikely...since there is no atmosphere, and hence no breeze on the Moon...the flag should have flopped.

I have heard counters to those argument though which made sense when I heard them...I just cant remember then now :blink: :laugh:
Gravity...that was the counter...or less of it. Meaning, the flag might take time to have flopped meanwhile the picture is taken after its put in the ground.

There is less Gravity on the moon, so things move towards the ground far slower.

Crisco
05-18-2009, 08:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_moon_landing_hoax_accusations

Hughes_GOAT
05-18-2009, 10:19 PM
one of the astronauts, forget which one, he's a devout Christian and when asked to place his hand on the Bible and swear they landed on the moon, he refused. he had no problem saying they landed on the moon prior to being presented with the Bible.

Crisco
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
one of the astronauts, forget which one, he's a devout Christian and when asked to place his hand on the Bible and swear they landed on the moon, he refused. he had no problem saying they landed on the moon prior to being presented with the Bible.

Source is goat!

Hughes_GOAT
05-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Source is goat!
is that good :unsure: