PDA

View Full Version : My wife lost her job today.

medic92
01-30-2009, 03:19 AM
FINALLY!

I have finally managed to reach the place in my career where my wife doesn't have to work if she doesn't want to, and right now she doesn't want to. Maybe it's a little chauvinistic, but I'm about as proud as I can be that I'm finally being the provider I've always wanted to be. Now she's free to pursue activities she actually wants to do rather than sit in an office doing work she doesn't care for. She's going to take some classes on floral design and maybe work in a floral shop to learn the trade. If she wants to. :)

Llamafighter
01-30-2009, 03:23 AM
FINALLY!

I have finally managed to reach the place in my career where my wife doesn't have to work if she doesn't want to, and right now she doesn't want to. Maybe it's a little chauvinistic, but I'm about as proud as I can be that I'm finally being the provider I've always wanted to be. Now she's free to pursue activities she actually wants to do rather than sit in an office doing work she doesn't care for. She's going to take some classes on floral design and maybe work in a floral shop to learn the trade. If she wants to. :)

That is awesome, buddy! I hope to be there soon.

medic92
01-30-2009, 03:31 AM
That is awesome, buddy! I hope to be there soon.

It only took me 40 years and more "careers" than I care to think about. :laugh:

VCURamFan
01-30-2009, 03:33 AM
FINALLY!

I have finally managed to reach the place in my career where my wife doesn't have to work if she doesn't want to, and right now she doesn't want to. Maybe it's a little chauvinistic, but I'm about as proud as I can be that I'm finally being the provider I've always wanted to be. Now she's free to pursue activities she actually wants to do rather than sit in an office doing work she doesn't care for. She's going to take some classes on floral design and maybe work in a floral shop to learn the trade. If she wants to. :)That's fantastic, man. Congratulations!

Josh
01-30-2009, 03:52 AM
That is great man. Congrats.

MattHughesRocks
01-30-2009, 03:59 AM
What tease of a title. I was worried :angry:

Good for her though!

Boomer
01-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Whoo Hoooo! That is awesome bro! That really is a great accomplishment.

I hope one day I can stop whoring out my weenie dog Snitchel to pay the bills .... but for now ... its the red collar at park corners and wipeing away tears at night. Here's your one chance fancy .. don't let me down. :sleep:

County Mike
01-30-2009, 12:33 PM

I hope one day I can stop whoring out my weenie dog Snitchel to pay the bills .... but for now ... its the red collar at park corners and wipeing away tears at night. Here's your one chance fancy .. don't let me down. :sleep:

Pimpin' aint easy bro!

Llamafighter
01-30-2009, 12:51 PM

:happy0198: :happy0198:

Preach
01-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Awesome Bro

Crisco
01-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Thats awesome I'm waiting for my girlfriend to make enough money that I can just stay home and persue a pro career in pc gaming.

OR maybe I'll train full time... Hmmm

She needs to hurry

Spiritwalker
01-31-2009, 01:32 AM
FINALLY!

Congrats!!! It's a good feeling!!

My wife's job was managing 401Ks, Roths and IRAs. It was the only job she had ever had... And when it ended (they gave her a choice of being a teller or cashing out....

She got 6 weeks pay for her vacation.. (even though she had used most of it.. and all her sick time... and 6 weeks severance...

It was a God send cause my daughter had just been born..

It's a little chauvinistic.. sure.. but why not follow tradition.. I love it.. my wife loves it.. and my kids are not in any day care or after school.. my son was bitten and punched while in day car for the first two years.. I hated it.. so did she...

Now if my son gets bitten or punched.. we know it's by his sister...

Spiritwalker
01-31-2009, 01:33 AM
Thats awesome I'm waiting for my girlfriend to make enough money that I can just stay home and persue a pro career in pc gaming.

OR maybe I'll train full time... Hmmm

She needs to hurry

She could maybe make more than me if she wanted to go back to work.. but it's cool this way.. I don't mind.. but there are days...